1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    How old were you 14 years ago? Think of all the things you've achieved during the lat 14 years. It's an incredibly long time and I salute Miichan for holding out for so long. I'm excited to see her enter the next step in her life. Well done and thanks for everything! <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

It would be great if in the next single the center was Miichan. :cry2:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    It would, but sadly I highly doubt it :(
    My guess is she'll get a graduation song, if that
    But whatever happens, I just hope she is successful and happy <3

4. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Yeeees! Like I'm still a little taken back that we're losing our last first gen, but I am so excited to see her dress! Grad dresses are my favorite!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, later on they were more outspoken, so I'm just going with in shock

6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I literally just watched the stage and when she announced it I think the audience was just sad. Mii-chan is in some way a symbol of the old days of AKB and for many fans that were there long term it's not a happy announcement. It's a somber announcement. She did joke about it with the audience and then they reacted for her haha. That was funny lol. Plus, in some ways too Mii-chan will always be associated with one of AKB's biggest scandals/media grabbing moment and while i think everyone has moved on, now that she's graduating we're gonna be going through her history as a member and that moment was a turning point for herself in her career.

as a complete side note: mii-chan looks absolutely banger with that hairstyle. I need a wig like that lol

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, there it is. The end of an era is coming upon us. As expected, it's sad to hear that Miichan is graduating, but we knew it would be happening. And tonight, Sunday, 8 December, on the night of AKB48's 14th anniversary...that announcement would happen.

Enjoy the final few months before Miichan leaves AKB48 for good...and closes the 1st generation into history.

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's twitter today:

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1203953342046593024
    =============================
    皆様からの沢山のメッセージ、そしてメンバーからも労いの言葉が届いて嬉しいです。ありがとうございます! 今日は早朝から明日のチームツアー千秋楽のリハをしてきました。終わるのが早かったのですが、このまま帰ったら寝てしまうと思ったので後輩連れて帰りました。練習します。
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I am glad that many messages from all of you and words of effort arrived from the members. Thank you! Today we have been rehearsing tomorrow ’s Team Tour Chiaki-Raku from early morning. It was early to finish, but I thought I would go to bed if I left home, so I took my junior home. Practice
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ELVNKyoVUAAa_ha.jpg ELVNKyoUcAAiM21.jpg

I think (hope) Miichan is relieved that she took the jump in the end an now she's free to enjoy the last 4(?) months in AKB to it's fullest I hope.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You always hear the 'eeh???' when people announce graduation, but it was completely silent for Miichan. I was wondering whether they saw it coming or whether they were actually too shocked to react. She had, after all, only said a few weeks ago that she's not graduating yet.

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, about that, basically Miichan said 'I will graduate" at Mariko's wedding, and she might have let it slip out in the spirit of the festivities (and after some glasses of wine, she was rather genki after all ;) )
    so maybe that's why Nyan-nyan added the 'not yet'
    (on the other hand she could of course have edited the whole scene out)

or maybe something changed the last couple of weeks, it's not like it's been a very good year after all for AKB or maybe she decided she wants a wedding of her own, who knows

btw, it was kinda weird to see '3 seconds' being performed, after all it's much more a Persona/No3b song then an AKB song, Shiichan look good in a suite though :)
    (and I think I understand why Miichan would not want to perform it, not without Nyan-Nyan and Takamina, not just before her announcement)
    (they didn't used the original costumes either, btw)

Btw, I think all members knew what was coming, so maybe it already leaked to the audience as well

Btw Miichan is in Ayamin's showroom righ now ... she really should do a kid's show, she's a natural with younger members.
    If she has no plans in variety they should sign her as Team 8 manager, I guess she would be great at that (but I think she likes the limelight too much still ;) )

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    JIJIPRESS has posted a video from yesterday's Anniversary stage which includes Miichan's announcement and part of her speech (from 0:59 onwards):

if the video does not show watch the video here

As others have said her announcement is met by silence but she jokes immediately afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I was talking about her seitansai on 22nd November

miichan.png
    https://twitter.com/48gTalk/status/1197869637590892544

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    oops, my bad, gomen na sai .. I totally missed it ...

to be completely honest I stopped worrying about a graduation announcement some years ago, as it came back every single year, heck, the graduation announcement thread even started with speculation about Miichan's graduation .. and that was back in 2013.

Now 6 years on ... it happened ... and as it turns out I'm not ready for it, inside I'm a bit like Miichan in the dressing room when Acchan graduated ... which is extremely silly and immature , but I'm truly sad :(

I think I need a hug :(

btw, Miichan is doing a sort of Q&A showroom at the moment (not that I understand more then a few words of course :/ first word I picked up was kowai though)

and then she moved on to some no3b karaoke and my day got a bit brighter :D
    (and she sounded great ... and was happy :) ... so I am happy)

btw: 30.000+ viewers

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I just genuinely think fans were sad/somber. I mean it was the end of the 14th anni performance and it's a lot of memories to go back to and then the last 1st gen, remnants of OG AKB, announces grad. I'm sure the atmosphere was a little off. But yea, usually out of respect and genuine shock, a grad announcement does always get an "ehhh!". So, it was a little weird. I mean even she noted it herself lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Maybe, just maybe... People have been "expecting" an announcement for so long that they just didn't expect anymore. So when Miichan dropped the bomb, they were genuinely shocked. It's just one possibility. The fans were starting to take Miichan for granted, so something like this CAN leave you speechless. As if you got startled the second you dropped your defenses because hey, nothing seems to have happened so maybe it's time to chill for a whiNOPE, G BOMB

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

If you observe at the concert of the celebration, after the graduation announcement, the camera didn't know what to do if follow Miichan or continue as if nothing had happened, from the state of shock that has.

It is the impression he gave me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I mean yeah she did start in her teens since she was the second youngest in the group in the begging of AKB48 at the age of 13

• Like Like x 2
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Those uhho uhhoho outfits ... brings back memories ... Tokyo Dome 2013 :D

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 19.10.51.jpg Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 10.37.53.jpg

videoclip from the Team K concert
    https://twitter.com/RanNeeeeechan/status/1204304320629370881

(ok, this is kinda funny, that was during uhho uhhoho ... I'm confused :), anyway .. Miichan is enjoying herself, and btw, that's probably the best part about AKB concerts ... the member enjoying the performance maybe even more then the fans )

from Ayamin's showroom yesterday
    https://twitter.com/CRAAE16/status/1204067669130899457
    Miichan turns out to be a kidnapper :D
    "what does Orin want to say to Tomu for the last time"
    not sure if it's the translation, but it almost sounded like she took up the offer form Tomu to just keep Orin :D

(and the "But I've never been to your house??" :) )

Oricon interview with Miichan
    (I'm taking the liberty to post the google translate version)
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2150646/full
    ===============================

Minami Minegishi, the first active student who announced that she would graduate from the 8th, Minami Minegishi on the 10th, the national tour “Tokyo AKB48 National Tour 2019-Just Fun AKB! After "Team K Chiaki Raku, responded to the coverage of the press.

[Photo] View other photos

On December 8, 2005, out of 20 first-year students who took the stage on the first day of the theater opening, only Minegishi is still active. Minegishi, who declared her graduation with 101 juniors at the 14th anniversary performance on the 8th of this month, announced herself that the Yokohama Arena performance on 2nd April will be the last concert.

The first report of graduation was on November 26, when the unit “No Sleeves” with Minami Takahashi and Haruna Kojima celebrated their 11th anniversary, and they spoke when they had dinner. Minegishi herself also considered the announcement on YouTube and TV program that became a riot due to the rounding apology of the love scandal reported in January 2013, but "I think it would be good to announce it at home because I was 14 years old 2 A person pushed his back, ” she said.

“The reason for thinking about the announcement on YouTube was“ I wanted to keep a positive new video in my eyes. I wanted to overwrite a sad video. ” “I thought it would be a video to talk about with a hairy, white knit and a look full of hope,” she exclaimed in her chest and said, “Someday I will do it with a report.” I hinted.

When I reported to Yasuaki Akimoto, the general producer, “I ’ve been doing my best so I think it ’s best to have a favorite timing at Minegishi, so I ’ll leave it to you. Please be happy.” I wanted to be happy in a big way. I felt warmth like a dad.

The same year's junior and allied friend, Sashihara Rino, rushed to the AKB48 theater on the day of the announcement, “I'm going to finish my job”. When she reported it, she said, “It was good.” “There is a part that I think is a teacher rather than a rival. I think I will consult from the set list of the graduation concert,” he said.

When I asked again why I announced graduation at this timing, `` I always thought about graduation, there were many times when I wanted to graduate, and there were many times when I had to graduate, but I quit with a negative feeling It ’s regrettable or selfish, but it ’s different, because I was enjoying this moment as AKB48, and December 8th (theater opening anniversary) was nearby, so I thought it ’s now. "

When asked if she wanted to become a center with a single to be released in the future, she smiled saying, “It is heavy to stand at the center with the current AKB48. As for activities after graduation, “I thought I had to focus on one thing while I was at AKB48, but when I was at AKB48, I was able to do many things, all of them were fun and I wanted to do anything after all. I'm happy that I have been able to play a central role because the work of the play has been fun recently. "

”Looking back on the idol life of 14 years,“ AKB48 is the only reason that ordinary junior high school students have made a name for themselves, for better or worse. ” “I feel like I was not able to return as an idol while I was active, compared to other people who have achieved my best wishes, so I would like to give it back little by little so that I can have a positive impact after I graduate.” He said that he had started banning alcohol from the day of his graduation announcement, saying, “I will ban alcohol until graduation concerts, even though I'm going to cut off my sweetness.”
    -----------------------------------------

btw: it says Sasshii rushed to the theater just like Mako-chan did ... Miichan made some really good friends in AKB :)

btw ... mini Sankon reunion (after the performances today)
    ELb_smCXYAIphCq-2.jpeg ELb_smZWsAAt6m5.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

First, the death of Marie Fredriksson, and now this...I'm closing the computer, I had more than enough for one day... :cry:

• Informative Informative x 1