1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Seems like everyone doesn't know that Kaeun already left Pledis, joins actor agency, and is casted in new web series :confused:

Seems like Wonyoung fans try to distance her from "rigged girl" title. Poor Yujin tho

Actually there's proposal for creating the similar one like IBI/JBJ after the show ended for thr eliminated girls/boys. But in case of PD48, the purposal went uncertain (prolly because they need to negatiate with AKS/Showtitle/Myao's agency). While for BY9 (PDX101), some agencies disagreed with the idea thus BY9 was cancelled (and some butthurt fans blamed Woollim :fear: )

2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

On the other hand, most of them are very young and will not make decisions based on good business sense. They also went through a difficult thing together and have lived together for over a year. And I think the limited time that they're together makes that time more precious.

As for new members, the company went through a lot (even committed what could be a crime) to exclude certain members -- they're not going to add these members that they took great pains to exclude imo (even though AYJ says he did it all himself).

This is one rumor that many people wish will come true!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    LOL, I feel like I am reading a 2chan thread.

I guess it's time for me to stay away from this mess.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'd rather not. It won't be fair for any kicked out members and it won't be fair for the members who would substitute them. I'd rather have IZONE as it is and let them finish their contract peacefully. They are victims in this situation too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ikr? the group is in hiatus so I don't check this thread that often, but the fake concern trolling that goes on here is pretty ridiculous lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, that's something we can't say for sure since we're not in the mind of the girls. And it's not that they have to make business based decisions, it's just that they should notice (if they haven't ) that this is project, a temporary project, and once it ends they'll have to pursue other projects and work with other people. And we can't assume that all of them want to stay in IZ*ONE forever either, some of them might just wanted to join as a stepping stone to pursue a career. They went through difficult moments in the PD48 days, but is it different from the difficult times they went through when they were training in their respective agencies with other trainees they probably befriended too? I mean they all have a story before the show and will have after the contract ends. So what difference will it make to add more members if the group that is meant to disband anyways? We have 4 members who have been in a group before so they will fefinitely be the most understanding in that situation. I know that as fans we love the idea of seeing their idols being as closed as a family but we need keep in mind that is not really true. When fans mention that they don't want changes in the line up becuase they think it'll affect the bond of the girls, I think is actually because they stick to the idea that IZ*ONE is the 12 we know and nobody else, and they don't want change that idea. So it's more something that fans say for themselves than for the members.

About CJ, since prosecution declared that the rigging was done without them noticing it, so they're legally a victim too, then it might be possible they do something about it becuase they didn't purposefully exclude anybody, so if CJ is willing to add the rigged out members as way to compensate the damage then fine.

And who knows ( a bit of conspiracy here), maybe when they mentioned in their announcement about contract renewal, it might be related to a line up change with a new duration of the group.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm against adding members to IZ*ONE, as it would be a weird group dynamic. In my experience, girl groups with strong friendship usually do best (Little Mix still going strong after 8 years while Fifth Harmony lost a member after 4 years and then split shortly after that; AKB48 rose to popularity the most during the early years when they were working towards the common goal of making the group famous rather than becoming famous individually).

For me, a big appeal of IZ*ONE is that they seem to genuinely like each other; Hitomi and Chaewon, Sakura and Chaeyeon, Jline get along well, Yena and Yuri, Wonyoung and Yujin... Adding members to that group might make it weird. Will the current members feel guilty for the new members? Will the new members feel like they're intruding? While they still deserve to be in the group, it's an awkward time to add them so late on (for these reasons).

I'm more in favour of a second group, like I.B.I and JBJ. And we'd also get an unbiased reaction to that. If the public really want IZ*ONE to disband because of what happened, then that second group might become more popular. Or they might become friendly rivals. Either way, a second group with an equally well written and well composed debut single/EP would be a lot better than adding them to IZ*ONE under the current circumstances. It would just create a weird atmosphere and ruin everything, imo.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Nah, replacing the current lineup or making a new gg for the winner could only be realized if all the real winner among current izone members right now would agreed to, if they choose to pulled out from those plans?, they have their right to choose to stick or withdraw from this whole project, and both idea would giving no advantage for the real winners, they only will finds themselves getting troubles by negative backlash by wiz*one themselves, if they still want to forms a new gg even after getting 'no' by the current 12 members, they don't have any others choice except to used the remaining finalists as their members, literally no differ than a looser lineup, and a bold and wise move by izone current members could turn the table around for them, large numbers of fans still backing them up till now

we need to accept it already, all trainees that participate on the shows either the winners and the eliminated one are already ruined and being buried on the ground, but mnet is still standing straight on the ground like nothing had happened to them, and by the latest news on the case, seems like Fromis_9 are being prepared be grilled, oh god, please end this quickly, the kids is suffering:fp:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Guys, let's move on. Replacing the rigged girls with the "rightful" one are impossible. First, their condition is slightly better than X1 (which even haven't signed the contract yet). Second, everyone moves on. IZ*ONE is established, Miru goes back to NMB, Miyu will be debuted in Korea, Juri is with Rocket Punch, Miu is part of eito's Top 7, Myao becomes senpai for young gens, Chowon will be debuted soon, Haeyoon is with Cherry Bullet. Even Kaeun, whom everyone here says "she should be there!!!!", left Pledis tho.

So, since even Top 20 were reportedly rigged, why you all don't discuss who the hell kicked Yunjin, Yiren and Saepii out?? :hmm:

And tbh, I'm disappointed with what AKS do to IZ*ONE. They sure did "damage control" (suspension of radio shows and HT events), but for me what they did isn't enough to, at least, fill up if they can't do promotion in Korea. I slightly hoped AKS would give the girls temporary kennin status with 48G until the mess calms down, but apparently no. Oh well :hmm:

Anyway, seriously anyone are not interested with J-line's future (and possible another J-girl for Rocket Punch)??

EDITED: like @Akusaiko mentioned before, now police is investigating for possible involving of high-ranked officials in alleged "Idol School" manipulation

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    We all know AKS would be burned to the death by the antis if they do that. Seriously, give them kennin status while everyone is aware of their rigged results? AKS is being smart here, they got nothing to do with the case, and they are rightly staying quiet.

I'm very interested, and that's having them back in 48G as soon as possible. This has been so messed up.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    if the voting for each elimination round is rigged, how about the votes for each performance round? i bet it's rigged. Nako's #1 on GFriend performance would be very likely to be rigged. coz it doesn't sound nice no matter how they tried to spin it. it's very pitchy

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    It's very very unlikely that they will replace the girls with someone else from PD48. This is now not about playing fair and correcting the wrong, it's about doing damage control.

p.s. What's with this fiesta of agrees and disagrees button?

13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The only thing they have admitted to rigging (as far as I can see in any of the articles) is the final round. It says it was decided shortly before the final broadcast. As for Nako's Love Whisper performance, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there. Reports of people who were there said she was clearly much better than the other performances, and actually better live than in the broadcast (they edited/fixed up all the vocals for the broadcast, most of them were probably pretty rough).

• Like Like x 6
  14. Midori

Midori Member

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned having a one-off with IZ*One and those rigged out or the entire rest of the top 20 as a small part of the compensation. It would be hard to accomplish, sure, but it wouldn't need to be an A-side so no real need for promo if it's part of a single, or just make it a one-time stage on some music show... Seems like the best way to satisfy a lot of people since it wouldn't change the lineup permanently and the group is temporary anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 3
  15. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Was Fromis9 members formed by rigging system too??

16. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    They certainly messed with the group battle votes at least... it was pointed out during the show that all the group battle scores were even numbers, meaning that they apparently doubled everyone's vote totals. Now, there's no proof the underlying numbers were fake but there was no fear by the PD with messing with the performance votes either

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. jheadz

jheadz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    If anyone wants to support the girls, heres a good reason why to VOTE on SMA. Credits to the translator on IZONE discord.
    upload_2019-12-10_19-13-51.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Doesn't even cares of what your thought about them, but if we're still their fans, come and help them, we need all to support this movement's, pls help, the voices of our support will reaching all over the kpop industry and fans, better than # campaigns, iz*one, x1, and Fromis_9 fandom pls united
    https://www.seoulmusicawards.com/vote.html

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  20. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Audio interview from SBS's Night of TV entertainment

Izone manager: As of right now, they aren't doing anything.. It seems like we'd be able to do things only after we see the outcome of everything
    Question: Has the Japanese members gone back to Japan?
    Izone manager: No, they're in Korea. At the moment, they're just resting..
    Question: What's your stance on the ongoing controversy?
    Izone manager: Well, the members have done nothing wrong, but worked hard for the whole year.

https://twitter.com/minjuiced/status/1204385503287447552
    https://twitter.com/minjuiced/status/1204386555478986752

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1