1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah, Miichan declared that this was her 九百九十九 (kyuuhyakuukyuujuukyuu) th performance last time.
    but to be honest, not sure how accurate this all is as she declared to be near this number beginning last year and it seems she should have passed the 1000th a while back.
    However, it's a nice milestone so just prior to her graduating

Miichan tweeted this:
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1226465215430062080
    ====================
    今日はチームK二回公演!私事ですが、夜公演で公演出演回数999回達成しました!ひゅーひゅー ハーフツインテールでノリノリ。やっぱり劇場は特別です。秋葉原で歌って踊る峯岸、ぜひ観に来てください。
    ------------------------------------
    Today we perform twice for Team K! As a personal matter, we have achieved 999 performances at night! It's squeaky with a half-tailed twin tail. After all the theater is special. Please come to see Minegishi singing and dancing in Akihabara.
    ------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

to be honest, it's unclear wether she was talking in the past or the present tense about the two performances :)
    Kyō wa chīmu K ni-kai kōen = today 2 team K performances
    but her tweet was 12:17 PM · Feb 9, 2020 CET which is 20:17 Japanese time I thing, which would make me think she finished the afternoon performance as 999th and the night performance would have been the 1000th

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Just realized that I do not look at the female bodies of AKB48 but their faces, so I did not notice Miichan's overweight.

I'm glad you have friends who care about her.

3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, quite often they are wearing multi layered costumes which makes it kinda difficult to judge their bodies (apart from a lot of the uniforms hiding most of their body form anyway)
    Unless they do gravure of course or a summer 'bikini on the beach' type video, but they don't seem to do those that often anymore, well at least the last one with Miichan was labrador retriever I think, correct me if I'm wrong
    [​IMG][​IMG]

that was years before Nyan-Nyan's graduation though and yeah, she was not as slender as Matsui Rena next to her, but Rena was a bit too thin imho anyway.
    but it has been remarked upon before that there was a period were Miichan tended to wear very loose fitting outfits, which of course sparked some rumours about her weight (or more her being insecure about her weigth)
    But she's still wearing those clothes, so it might be just as well it's just what she likes

btw. Miichan was co-host of a (web) show with two teams of girls going head to head in an Battle Royale online game (in an instance where the players are cuter then their avatars :) )
    I saw part of the live stream, it ended with a shot of the next show
    [​IMG]
    I might be wrong, but that sure looks like Mako-chan on the far left, right?
    Link to the first episode:

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It meant that the evening stage is the 999th stage.

Though, I still don't know how it is counted. By community standard (no one-time stage), she's 948. By how Yuirii counted her 1000th appearance (which I saw a few community adapting this instead), it's 988. (Yuiri is 1006 right now) Maybe I am missing something here.

5. eko p

eko p Kenkyuusei

http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/akb48_005.html

According to above source she's not yet there
    Japanese wotas said that Minegishi 1000th performance number can only exist if they count her short encore only performances

6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The white bunny is Mogi-chan (もぎちゃん). Mogi Shinobu ^^ That's basically YuuNaaMogiOn, the new YouTube channel made by Murayama Yuiri + Okada Nana + Mogi Shinobu + Mukaichi Mion, together with Miichan :flower:

The five of them hung out together for Miion's birthday, as you translated yourself ^^

This may be a bit literal on my behalf, but I would translate it as,
    "The end is coming closer but I won't say anything like 'Do your best.' Always keep smiling, alright?"

Reminds me a bit of the No3b song 'Relax!'

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I read き in stead of ぎ and didn't bother to check the names ... sorry
    ( to be honest i was kinda distracted by the ゆ and the お, those weren't all that legible to me :) )

some day, maybe, I'm going to write a post without anyone needing to correct me :oops:

8. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I suffer from dyslexia, imagine the panic gives writing and speaking.

At the time of translating I have feel dreadful.

This is my reasons to put images.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm part of the official IZ*ONE translation team that does the majority of IZ*ONE content, and I still get corrected, too. I think it's good. As far as I know, Japanese is one of the two most difficult languages to learn for someone of our mother tongue (Germanic languages like English, German, Dutch, Swedish, etc), so don't feel discouraged :flower:

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Funny you should mention that, my niece who is training to be a MD and a co-worker are both dyslexic, so I started wondering if Kana might be easier for dyslexic people (it's pretty well know fact that the most disliked font by typographers, Comic Sans, is a good font for people whi have your condition)
    Turns out it it is easier, so much so that until recently people thought Japanese didn't suffer from dyslexia, turns out they do, and it manifests when they are learning English, but as in the west before dyslexia was understood it was just assumed those people were stupid :/
    (sorry, tangent)
    and sorry, I was a bit salty, as the last weeks I got a correction on about 50% of my posts :/
    (and quite often by people who rarely post themselves ... so that's not you guys ;) )

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    [HIDE]
    I hope this doesn't come across as mean but the first thing I thought of was Acchan trying to write "Thursday" :^^;:

EQci9xhW4AA1uhA.jpeg
    [/HIDE]

• Like Like x 3
  12. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

It is easy to understand why in Japan they have not realized until now, each generation has its own way of expressing itself, even men and women express themselves differently with the consequence that the dyslexia goes unnoticed.

Cheer up, you're doing a good job in the translations. :flower:

There were strange things to see these mistakes in the girls of AKBINGO.:^^;:

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    English education in Japan isn't really all that good, so we can't blame Acchan for that I guess, I highly doubt Kawaei, Takamina, Nyan-nyan, Paruru, Yukirin, Sasshii and Miichan are all as dumb as the Mechaike school test episode would make us believe, remember ... the teapot is a genius!!! it's a milk carton :)
    ムシクスタルト!!!!!

btw Miichan featured (kinda prominently) in Yukin's video

if the video does not show watch the video here

(btw, I noticed all the new AKB YouTube channels tend to use the same sound effects and layout, even Miichan's, kinda weird, as if it's the same team doing them, it's good to see Miichan is doing different things though)

• Like Like x 1
  14. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    It is the same team doing them. This recent trend of AKB members joining Youtube is an initiative of the company.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Hmm, that would mean that after her graduation Miichan will be left to fend fro herself (unless M&S provides support) .... not sure what to make of that...
    for my information ... Shige&Miki channel ... do you know if that also the same team?
    (that would kinda explain how they were able to use KFC and didn't get a DMCA strike)

16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I know by Kojiharu, the postproduction of his videos is done by another because he saw that he didn't have time to mount his video.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  17. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I'm pretty sure the only ones not involved in that umbrella are Sakura and YamaHijiri, because they started their channels of their own accord. KojiMako, Owada Nana, MikiShige, Minegishi, Kashiwagi and YuuNaaMogiMion are all being helped out by AKS or whatever it is they're called now.

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah, but Nyan-nyan is the kind of person to completely manage the image she wants to project, she been doing that long before she graduated.

tnh I'm kinda surprised about KojiMako and because you mentioned her I watched her latest video, somehow it feels a bit different though, lighting is kinda flat.
    Miichan's, Yukirin's and YuuNaaMogiMion's videos have higher production values imho.

Btw, I just noticed, Miichan is the only one with the description in English (and a good quality translations as well .... now if she only would provide subtitles ;) there are quite some non-Japanese people asking for subtitles)
    Somehow I always got the impression Miichan wasn't all to keen on foreign fans as most of the time they only know her because of the 'other youtube video', but I might be quite wrong about it, picked that up from someones handshake experience I think.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    That might have been posted by me when I met her back in 2017 at a 2-shot event - I mentioned on this thread at the time that when I entered her booth I immediately got a negative vibe from her but she seemed to lighten up when I greeted her simply with 'Konichiwa Miichan', maybe foreigners who only know her because of the 'other YouTube video' don't use 'Miichan' - but who knows. Anyway I got a rather nice photo with her.

[​IMG]

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yes, that was exactly the post I was referring to :)
    and I'm jealous :D

• Like Like x 1