1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD 2nd Documentary [Itsunomanika, koko ni iru: Documentary of Nogizaka46]

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jun 11, 2019.

1. orangemint

orangemint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Koyabu Kazutoyo
    Ah really? I wasn't really a fan of the first one so that's a little disappointing.

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    YMMV. You might find this one better. I really liked the framing of the first one even though it was only really about 5 members. This one focuses on more of the group, but it was IMO missing a narrative to make the movie cohesive. Maybe once I see BeamSubs' sub I may change my review. I watched this without knowing Japanese...

3. orangemint

orangemint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Koyabu Kazutoyo
    Yeah one of the reasons I didn't like it was because it only focused on a few girls. I watched it just when I started following Nogi and I felt like it didn't show them as a group very well, so I ended up getting the impression that the members weren't very close. It just felt a little lonely imo (Although I guess that could have been what they were going for). I can see how focusing on more members would lead to a weaker narrative though.

4. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Finally, I have watched the 2nd documentary with subtitle. It's a pretty good movie. For me, both documentary is like a continuous story. First documentary is all about stuggle, trouble, tears, and sadness. Meanwhile the second one is about achievement, greatness, legacy, graduation, and of course Nanase. All of those Nogizaka's achievement came from their continuous effort and struggle.

Btw, the indo sub is available on fivegumi.

5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Which raw you used that fit with the subs?

6. enjoybin

enjoybin Kenkyuusei

Link please ^^

7. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

I've already watched with eng subs and found that a little bit disappoints, the director only focuses on very few members like naa-chan, Yoda, and Asuka (which is less than the 1st doc). I understand that when they filmed 2nd doc, naa-chan had announced her graduation and that made a big impact on the group but what about the other? not even a single word mention to Ikoma's grad (the doc said they started film around influencer single) and poor 2nd gen they have a screen time less than 5 mins. IMO I think the 1st doc did better in terms of the storyteller.

8. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

That Documentary is basically Yoda-Nanase featuring Asuka and Momoko haha

9. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

The first 15 mins or so of Naachan/Yoda got me suffocated that when 4th gen appeared I felt I was able to breathe again (for a while). Yoda who's just clingy to Naachan and is just crying all throughout makes me question "what else is there to offer Yoda?" Anyway, the part with Takayama is more natural and relaxing to watch, because of their close friendship of course. The short Momoko talk is like the first time I heard her speak her mind. It was nice.

This basically is a documentary of Nishino Nanase. Nothing against Nanase btw. Then a good portion of it next goes to Asuka.

I'm glad there are a few minutes of ironlady Ikuchan. Though it made me realize that time could be near. Some moments here and there involving other graduated members got me a bit me teary-eyed. Nojo & Kawago's farewell, Waka's graduation, 4th gen singing Nakamoto's graduation song, Misa grabbing Kaki's hand, running together on stage, Ikoma's sudden appearance. I hope the next one would be the documentary of Shiraishi Mai.

Well it was :whistle: something to watch if you're killing time :D

Btw, great job to everyone involved in making the sub :approve:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Idk.. but likes what the producer said, this project come when Nogi already on top. So, instead of showing their growth they show us the relationship within the girls.

Maybe i'm a little bit biased but i love all Momoko's part. Specially when she speak about her minds. Maybe i can understand why she's always cried easily.
    Ikuchan part just before 7th birthday live also a nice part of the Movie.

• Like Like x 3
  11. hypothalamus

hypothalamus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    hypothalamus_
    Will just post also what's on my mind. From the start, the director didn't know about idols so he don't know how he will make the documentary so I didn't expect that much from what he said.

This 2nd documentary was also good IMO even thou this one focused on Naachan's graduation. I like how they let Momoko and Asuka express themselves. I also love the part they added the 4th gen even thou it's a small screen time.

Can't expect a really perfect one especially the number of members. Still kudos to the team that made this.

12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I just finished watching the doc with eng subs and I actually really liked it. I liked that the directory wasn't someone who was already familiar with Nogizaka, and I also like that he focused on some individual member stories. It felt interesting and unique, rather than just a typical "behind the scenes" doc. Of course it is unfortunate that the format meant that some girls would be left out. In particular the complete lack of 2nd gen, even Hori.

But my favorite parts were the Asuka parts. I thought scenes where she was at her town's coming of age ceremony and she was looking out the window for people that she knew, but couldn't find anyone, were particularly poignant. I also like hearing her perspective on life when she was travelling alone in Edinburgh. She really is such an interesting woman.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Just saw it, and I loved every minute.

Cheers!

14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Well, I did see the subs too. And I guess I'll revisit what I said a couple of months ago...

Who knew that with subs I would understand the film. In my original take, I was looking for the framing device and well, the 2nd one does: the director trying to figure out what Nogizaka is all about. Now this wasn't as good a hook as the first documentary, but it helped guide the narrative for me. Like most everyone, I wish they had more members, but that's how it goes. I wish really we got more 2nd and 3rd gen, but 4th gen got decent time. I liked Momoko's segment, because of how it was about her and Asuka! I liked Asuka's really interesting take on her. When she went back to her hometown, I was wondering why.

One thing, the documentary reminded me how much I love these members. Just wish them all the happiness for the rest of their lives because of how much they've brought me.

15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

One thing I was confused about is that they said Asuka's hometown was Shitamachi (in Tokyo) but isn't Shitamachi just a name for the downtown areas of Tokyo east of the Imperial palace? And includes Ginza, Asakusa, Akihabara, Chuo, etc.? Or were they being intentionally vague about where her hometown was (i.e. "somewhere in Shitamachi")?

16. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Correct, shitamachi is the eastern downtown parts of Tokyo, so they were just saying Asuka was born in a shitamachi area.

I thought they were being intentionally vague too, but I just rewatched that part, and the coming of age ceremony had a banner that literally spells out the name of the ward: Katsushika. It’s in the northeast, outside the main city. There’s uhh not much going on there, it's quiet residential neighborhoods.