Single Nogizaka46 25th [Shiawase no Hogoshoku] (2020/03/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Anastasia MV

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
  2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Wow! <3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Okay, Anastasia is. . . bloody fantastic.

So, the coupling tracks are better than the main track again. It's really weird that this is a thing now with a lot of these 46/48 groups - weaker main song, significantly better coupling tracks. In this case, that's 3 Nogi singles in a row where the B-sides have been better than the A-side.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tormeidopunch

tormeidopunch Kenkyuusei

Definitely my favorite coupling so far. The MV made me really emotional, and the song perfectly fits the theme (some scenes reminded me of Blanco). Would love to see another center beside Miona but she is fine too I guess.

Anyways, what is the reasoning behind the backwarded instrumental at the beginning? I thought it was really interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Anastasia, really, really good song! Love it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The song is kinda boring imo, but the MV is really nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    Nice song 2ki and the scene when 2ki members see the sky together is so good. The ending reminds me of Live Kami song

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Everything is beautiful. The song, the video, this group of girls. I got a bit emotional watching this. This single keeps on getting better. I hope 3rd gen doesn't disappoint. And the highly anticipated Maiyan solo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Anastasia MV remind me of Kenkyuusei individual (or group precisely, because I saw many of Kenkyuusei in it) PV for one of Nogi single in the past, I don't remember which single. The title has 未来 (Mirai) or Future word on its title, if I'm not mistaken. This MV also has that kind of vibe, and even similar costume, or maybe scarf (?). Anyway, this is very good MV. :1st:

As for Anastasia song, unfortunately, it doesn't show the eccentric side of 2ki like what Border, Live Kami and Scoutman did. It is too ordinary.:(

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

In this case, I dream of that strange coincidence. Eizouken op is just too overpowered.

11. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

The Hebrew/Japanese at the beginning of Anastasia is the description of the Tower of Babel from the Bible, Genesis 11:4. I don’t know what the fish-looking thing at the top is though. Here's the King James Bible version for maximum dramatic effect:

And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

• Informative Informative x 8
  12. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

If you can't read the messages, it doesn't meant they have no messages.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    honestly, its hard for me to say what i feel about the MV. the song is alright, its not the best, its not the worst. it has some similarities with Settei Ondo.

The MV, i'm a bit conflicted, i like it but at the same time i don't. the setting is great, it looks beautiful, the pacing is great, and it tells a great story. 2 part that i really like is when the under member greeted the senbatsu members (Miona, Kii, and Maichun) and when Miona was helped by the other to carry her bag. the Miona one was especially touching because of the meaning behind it. Miona struggling to carry her bag and being helped by the other member, it basically shows the burden that she hold being the ace of the 2nd gen and has to carry her genmate, and being helped by the other shows that miona is not alone, everyone else is also helping her, very touching. i also like the many culture they show in this MV, its a japanese idol MV but has hebrew and russian writing. and the costume of the final dance scene seems to be inspired by Indonesian traditional clothing "Kebaya" and the room looks like it has dutch architecture from the 1800s.

but, at the same time, i don't think the MV suits the song very well, it doesn't feel as grand as the song, i was hoping something more. i don't know, maybe its just me.

look man, sorry to disappoint you, there's just soooo much more effort they put into making Shiawase no Hogoshoku than Anastasia. just because it was shot indoors it doesn't mean its easy. the amount of precision camerawork they have to do, figuring out how to connect one shot from the next. also, how do you think those background panel move in Shiawase no Hogoshoku? magic? no, there's a dude (maybe even multiple dudes) behind every single one of those panels, mirrors and platform that they have to move just at the right time to the right place. doing a long one-shot sequence is already hard enough, now try to coordinate multiple people carrying multiple panels and platform to be pushed and pull to the right place at the right time while also having the camera to shoot at the right place and move to the right spot and the lighting to also shoot the right spot. not to mention that you also have to coordinate 20 odd members to be in the right place at the right time. and oh, if you mess it up, you have to do the entire sequence all over again
    while anastasia, its very basic film making to be honest. the camera work isn't very fancy, the editing isn't very fancy apart for the dance part in the 1st chorus. its just basic film making done well to create a beautiful shot.

also,there is way way way more message and story in Shiawase no Hogoshoku than in Anastasia, you're just being ignorant.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It's cuneiform, the writing system of the Sumerians.

• Informative Informative x 5
  15. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Being a player of a game that is currently airing its anime adaptation where the setting is ancient Babylonia, it's a shame I don't recognize it at first despite I feel like I saw that scripture somewhere.

I think I like Anastasia the most amongst especially 2nd gen songs so far. The song and the mv scenery looks grandeur and serene just like another favourite song of mine from AKB48. Remember Yuuhi Marie? It has the same vibe.

16. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Anastasia also mean ressurection in greek.

Almost everything sound underwhelming now, but the problem i think was my personal expectations either too high or off kilter exclusively for maiyan's graduation. In the end it's just nogi being produced by ak-p.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I think that's Kitano. Miona was in front of the line.
    It's the reason Ki got flu. They gave her all the heavy lifting. Just kidding ;)
    Too bad she couldn't join her fellow 2nd gen and missed their first Senbatsu performance. Hope she gets well very fast.
    Btw, Kichan is really cute in this MV especially when they were looking up at the other 6 members. Love that scene.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally, I'm happy so far. The title track is just fine to me, except for one not so Fantastic song, I like all coupling songs a lot. I'm excited for the remaining two and three more MV to go.

18. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    it is actually, my mistake.
    i guess its a reference to the time where she took her hiatus, in a way she did get left behind but her genmate was always there to cheer her up (help her)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I am wondering what is actually written though, now that I think of it. I know that the earlier Tower of Babel accounts have a couple of things in common, but not the exact phrase as is written in Hebrew and translated to Japanese. The Sumerian account is called Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta for those who are interested. It deals with the confusion of languages but there are 2 interpretations; one of them is that one of the Gods unified the language so that people could build a tower together, the other says the languages are confused because people build a tower together. The latter one is obviously closer to the biblical interpretation, but the symbolism in the MV, where it seems the 2nd gen is building a tower to make a name for themselves is something that is not told in the Sumerian account.

I also wonder what the tower represents. The gateway to the Gods, in this context known as 1st gen?

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    If you're referring to the anime's OP, Easy Breezy, then you're right. That's one hella ear worm ain't it? Nogi's trying to have the same energy. We'll have to see if it works. Anyway you look at it, their Eizouken will be compared with the anime. I think they'll be at a disadvantage as to evoke the imagery of the worlds the eizouken create is going to be goofy in live action. The anime nerds will have a field day criticizing the live action...