1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Technically, all three except for Yssa. I have been posting pics of them during those "allegedly" times. The last pic that I posted on Rowee's page also clinches it.

Sometimes the truth is already in front of your eyes and even in this digital you can fake filter or photoshop everything era, in their cases.. Pictures Don't Lie.

I am sure all of them are talented in their own way or right, but kinda bummed out particularly with Lei and Rans. They are some of really top notch performing members.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    For Yssa, from I gathered, the reason why she didn't participate is that she is having health issues and if her IG story is an indication, she likely has plans to return once she is at her 100%. Hopefully that she'll just be on hiatus and not officially gone from the group.

3. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Good to hear that, but I don't see any way for her to comeback if she won't be signing up this coming SSK, unless there are exceptions.

AKB members can only do that or if hiatus happens NOT during SSK season.

4. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I don't get this.

So 4 members were announced to not joining the 3rd election, okay. But nowhere in the announcement does it say that these members are not part of the group any longer. Is it like a suspension? But then again the announcement said that it was due to personal reasons.

So are they still part of MNL48? But they are just not participating in the election? So that means that they are safe from the possibility of getting kicked out of the group because of the nature of the death ssk?

That sounds a bit unfair. What about the other girls, can they also choose not to participate in the election? Or is it that the only way to get the privilege is to be in a "scandal"?

Or am I missing something? Were these four members already out of the group and that this announcement is only to clarify their remaining MNL48-related activities?

5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

You miss this line.
    "We are grateful for the talent and dedication that the girls shared with us and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours."

6. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Okay... but why don't they just explicitly say that the members are no longer part of the group and won't be joining the third election?

The announcement might have implied so, and even their wordings are very vague in implying that. Like, the past tense in "shared" and them just saying "future endeavours" but without further words. That's vague. I might be nitpicking, but it isn't like the announcement was straightforward about other than these girls not joining the election due to personal reasons.

Or is it something in the nature of how people from Philippines express themselves? Some cultural nuance or something?

7. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

MNL48 Membership is a different thing and it is quite simple. You can compare it to NBA teams and rosters and it's a yearly change.

The only thing that I find different from MNL48 is that not all senbatsu or kami 7 members push really hard or apparently lands into an unexpected lack of exposure.. in case of Tin who was a 1st Gen Kami 7.. remember?

In order for the current members to keep their membership for next year, they must join the SSK or GE, otherwise it's automatic that they are let go by management just like the case of the 3 alleged love ban violators or not interested or personal reasons like Yssa.

48 members + 10 KKS = Remember 58 Slots IF HHE maintains 10 KKS/TGC members.

Personal reasons is just a cover up to not make management look bad, we all know the real personal reasons like Ash and Faith graduated.

8. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    More on the personal reasons, most of the fans know most of it, but it is best not to speak of it unless the member says the reason why they left the group for said personal reasons. I am still hoping that management will confirm if there will be final stages for these four members once the whole COVID-19 stuff calms down.

9. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

can't avoid that. Elitists and Almost HHE employees who have their other foot on management's door and payroll aside from their oshi's personal life are gathering constant info to keep them hip and popular.

48G History and Truth.. Sad to say they don't provide final stages on unpopular members and rule breakers. Idk the case for Rans as it's 50/50.. she's top member but she broke the rule and it's old news and most fans are already aware official or not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    In Rans' case, they will likely capitalize her having a final stage. Also, she has a budding acting career. HHE will not miss this opportunity to give her a final stage alongside with the other leaving members.

In other news, it looks like members who don't have Kumu accounts just launched their personal Kumu accounts today. This also includes 3rd gen candidates. Current speculation is that they will use it to campaign themselves for the upcoming general elections. Laney just started streaming earlier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Good point. HHE monetizing = Stonks

12. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I see.

I checked the election thread and saw the terms & conditions, where one of it says that the top 48 would then officially be 3rd gen members of MNL48.
    It doesn't say about the rest though. While trainees aren't members, but they are still part of MNL48. And the terms & conditions does not say anything about how many of the trainees are they going to keep or let go.
    That said, technically, with what was said in the terms & conditions, it doesn't say if the election is a "death election", because what would count as death is being let go from being part of the group, and not just being demoted to trainee.
    And if I were to assume, them using the hashtags #NoToDeathSSK in the promotion video (as you mentioned in the election thread), that would support the idea of them keeping those ranked below 48th position as trainees.

And back to the 4 girls, so them not participating in the elections would mean that they won't be members, but not necessarily being kicked out of the group.
    Even if they don't keep all of those who ranked below 48th, it has no relation to the 4 girls, because they didn't participate in the election. It says nothing about non-participants.

13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Correct and based on the past 2nd GE, KKS members is max to 10, that is why I stated a big IF.

It's automatic, unranked members are out of the group. It's not applicable to go on hiatus just to preserve your membership.. not in MNL48.

If that is the case, all current members will just not participate and go on hiatus and comeback after the SSK aftermath is over. What's the point of having SSK? So no loopholes and it's crystal clear as day.

If you are not well aware here's the deal, even if they don't announce the reason most fans already know it and suspected it already. It's obvious for the 3 and we've been talking about it here and even on most fans on socmedia for months already.

AKB48 can do it coz they have the payroll to sustain even slacking members and the original SSK is not Death SSK, it's just for the single which they are not doing anymore.

MNL48.. Totally different story. It's for the single and the girls future in the group. That's it.

14. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    In MNL48's case, it is also for budget reasons too. The election helps them determine profitable members. More on the trainees, afaik, the 10 trainees thing was part of the original planning documents for MNL48. The document also states this kind of election... and I am having a hard time looking for it.

15. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

You have to based it on the first 2 generation of KKS.. so it will be around 10.

The Real Deal: Death SSK will be every year coz MNL48 can only have 48 members and then some KKS while acquiring new blood and generation to keep it going. Give or take graduating or non-particiapting members during GE and that would be your next year members.

Fans need to really deal with it. They are not financially capable like AKB or SKE with KKS or member reserves who has members that can just slack off or go on hiatus with assurance to come back anytime they want to. I don't think their luck will change anytime soon as the country is heavily KPop influenced which is tough competition already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    This is an assumption, if it was facts I would like to see some receipts. Though I do understand where it comes from, past events & the mgmt past conducts and all. But for this specific third election, it's an assumption nonetheless as it doesn't explicitly say that in the terms & conditions of the third election. What it says is that the top 48 will be chosen as MNL48 3rd Gen members. Nothing about the below ranks, whether they will or how many of them will become trainees and certainly nothing about non-participants who are yet to be announced to be out of the group.

And that's exactly why I'm asking my questions.
    Why were these girls announced to be not participating in the election? Why they don't they also clearly say that these girls are no longer part of group? Because if these girls are able to not participate due to personal reasons, why can't the other girls too?

And it isn't crystal clear as day. If it was, they would have included what will happen to the unranked in the election's terms & conditions.
    Also if it was crystal clear, they would have included in their latest announcement clearly what are the girls' current status in relation to being part of the group and how them not participating in the election will affect their membership.

I'm aware that there were some girls who had questionable things about them coming to light to fans lately, and I assume that those girls are also the ones that were announced to not be participating in the election. I'm not questioning these "personal reasons".
    What I'm questioning is their current status in relation to being part of MNL48 and how that plays out in regards to the election.
    If they are officially still part of the group (and as far as the latest statement, it does not say that they were let go, not explicitly), they can not be considered unranked, they are non-participants. So how the non-participants factor in into the election? Obviously, they won't be members. But nothing was said yet about the arrangement for the unranked (below 48th rank), whether the unranked will be kept as trainess and if so, how many of them. Nothing was said either about the non-participants (given that they are still part of the group and there are no announcement yet that explicitly refute that). Will the non-participants and unranked be lumped together and then evaluated to be kept as trainees? Evaluated differently, and perhaps the unranked would be considered to be trainees and the non-participants as trainees on probation? If there were official statements about these, please let me know.

But is it really death ssk? According to the terms & conditions, it doesn't tell about the unranked. If there are official sources saying that, please tell me.
    At least for the graduating members we know for certain that they are leaving. But for non-participants who are yet to be announced to be graduating or let go, we don't know anything of their official status as part of the group.

I get that MNL48 is not financially capable to keep all members.
    And while the death is such a ruthless system, it kinda has its own appeal. It serves as something unique from MNL48 too.

If you have found it, please share. If the planning was to be absolutely applied to all elections MNL48 will be holding or not, that would explain a lot.

But even so, why don't they just include it in the terms & conditions? That the unranked will be trainees and that they are only keeping 10 of them?
    Since that is not explicitly included in the terms & conditions so far, saying that the third election is a death ssk is an assumption.

With that said, I won't be at all surprised if after the election they announce that the unranked will be let go or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Obviously they are still part of the group and eventually will not be anymore come after 3rd Gen election. That's all there is to it.

As I have said personal reasons does not mean personal reasons like in the case of Cess and it's always a different interpretation on both sides where member will confess it later on.. it's also just a show to make HHE not look bad.

already gave one "personal reasons" with Ash which is a huge deal and got some outrage from most of the fans.. not exactly personal reasons coming from Ash own reason.. they just made her say it.

That's their term with any reason.. just get used to it.

Two words and imo: More Drama.

Based on history with other 48G groups. KKS member count really varies so I will give them that one. Some downsized while SKE advances generation. It's not a definite number but there must be at least around a dozen to pass on the torch.

18. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    I saw that document after the end of the 2nd General Elections, wasn't able to save it at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    And as I said I'm not questioning these personal reasons. In fact, I don't care about these "personal reasons" at the moment.

This is the part I'm questioning.
    Have these girls been announced to be let go? If not, how and why do you assume they won't be part of the group after the election? They will not be unranked. Just like they won't be members because they didn't participate, they won't be unranked too. They are non-participants. They are a new variable.
    As you said, the election is what determines MNL48 membership for the coming year. These girls were not announced to be leaving the group (not yet, at least), so their being part of the group after the election is still up in the air. I'm not saying they will be members, but it doesn't rule out being trainees.

Them being announced to not participate in the election and yet not clearly announced as leaving the group before that... this is a loophole for the membership system which is tied up to the election that MNL48 has been using thus far.

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

No matter how you question it.. if a member is not part of the 3rd GE or SSK, they are not part of the group on this 3rd year.

Member ranks and KKS will be filled up by participants and that's plain and simple.

For the last time, personal reasons are not personal reasons, except for Yssa due to personal reasons or whatever health conditions. Those 3 have track records and evidence to prove it. We've been talking about that here a few months ago and it would be a 1 in a Mil coincidence if that is not the case.

HHE will not admit or just hide that reason to avoid emotional fan outrage. The funny part is most wotas, diligent or hard core fans already know THE reason. I think they waited for this 2nd year to finish before they let them go for "personal reasons". It's actually wise decision and timing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1