1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    베트남 걸그룹 아이즈원 블룸아이즈 표절, 논란이 일어나게 된 배경부터 잘못된 오해까지 전부 설명해드릴게요 IZ*ONE BLOOM*IZ AKB48 SGO48 :

if the video does not show watch the video here

You can activate English subtitles on this video.

The comments on the Youtube video...
    "Southeast Asians, they are inferior to East Asians especially inferior to the Koreans."
    "SGO48 is ugly and fat"
    "AKB is a bad Otaku group"
    ...​

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  2. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    The racism really jumped out lol but we all know K-netizen are shitty so no surprise there

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    At first when I've heard that the South Korean girl band Crayon Pop was the most hated K-pop group, I didn't understand why.

I've found out that there are Koreans that hate everything related to Japan and they consider Crayon Pop as a J-pop group and not a K-pop group because Crayon Pop has a funny stupid ridiculous concept.

Those Koreans don't want that the world think that every K-pop music video is like some ridiculous/stupid music videos like Gangnam Style.

Those Koreans prefer that music groups with music videos that have luxurious settings and a classy rich music video style with serious mature sexy concept are the best style to show for the world how great K-pop is.

Crayon Pop was my favorite K-pop group because they had a fun independent concept.

They began as a poor nugu group trying to promote their group on the streets during cold weather and where at a point on the point of bankruptcy but they got famous around the world with their hit music video "Bar Bar Bar".

It is sad that they didn't continue but I could understand because their company treated them like slaves.

Those 2 following music videos of Crayon Pop were my favorite music videos of them :

[Crayon Pop] 크레용팝 빠빠빠(Bar Bar Bar) - M/V (안무버젼) :

[Crayon Pop] 크레용팝 '어이' Uh-ee M/V :

i miss crayon pop :

Confessions Of A Former K-pop Idol (ft. Crayon Pop) | ASIAN BOSS :

Yeah, Koreans are the most arrogants asians.

The Chinese Youtuber Bart Kwan and the Japanese Youtuber Joseph Masato Jitsukawa aka Joe Jo made a whole Youtube video series of them impersonating a stereotypical Korean together.

It is so funny to watch them insulting Chinese (Bart Kwan insulting his own race), Japanese (Joe Jo insulting his own race), Vietnamese, Mongols, Cambodians and Filipinos while while impersonating the stereotypical Korean who think that Koreans are number 1 in the world.

The Japanese Youtuber Joe Jo plays Park Ing and the Chinese Youtuber Bart Kwan (guy with the hat) plays Park Yu. They basically mock Korean's arrogance and racism in a funny way. They even did a funny video where they said that successful Chinese basket ball player Jeremy Lin is Korean (because he is successful so he is Korean).

Korean History Channel :

Korean History Channel: Korean Drama :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y14Ofb5ZBMU&t=0s

The Japanese Youtuber Joe Joe and the Chinese Youtuber Bart Kwan also impersonate the Vietnamese as Joe Jo plays the Vietnamese character unco Chin and Bart Kwan plays the Vietnamese character unco Same.

PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) M/V JUSTKIDDINGFILMS (PARODY) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smuQlc8AN9c

Now SGO48 will forever be know for being the first Idol group to feature Sex Toys in a Game Show with minors as young as 14 years old and their plagiarism of IZ*ONE's pictures.

The Koreans consider IZ*ONE as a K-pop group and not a J-pop group.

The Koreans seem to look down on SGO48.

Do the Japanese also look down on SGO48 ?

Do you think that SGO48 could become more succesful if they follow a more independent fun style like Crayon Pop for example ?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  4. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    K-netizens Throw Hateful Comments to SGO48 for Allegedly Copying IZ*ONE's Photo Concept
    By Staff Reporter | March 13, 2020 10:45 PM EDT

[​IMG]
    (Photo : Twitter)

K-netizens Throw Hate Comments to SGO48 After Allegedly Copying IZ*ONE Photo Concept
    Vietnamese girl group SGO48, sister group of the famous Japanese idol group AKB48, is currently under fire after Korean netizens noticed the uncanny similarities of their newly released photo teaser to the photo concept of the K-pop group IZ*ONE that was released last month.

Netizens are claiming that from the background to the idols' outfit, SGO48 undoubtedly plagiarized IZ*ONE's concept for their album, "BLOOM*IZ."

The idea of IZ*ONE on their recent album was breaking the female idol's stereotype of cutesy concept by wearing suits, and at the same time, incorporating the woman's power associated with flowers.

SGO48 is also about suits and aesthetic flower, similar to IZ*ONE.

[​IMG]

K-netizens then began throwing hateful comments to the Vietnamese group such as the following:

"This group lacks originality."

"The concept is not just similar, but it's the same."

Speculations of plagiarism is already a huge issue. However, online users reached the extent of attacking the SGO48 members' visuals.

Below are some of the few harsh remarks against the Vietnamese group.

"They look like old aunties trying to become [idols]."

"How do they even find these kinds of people?"

"Korean female idols are beautiful; their [faces are] different. They can't copy prettiness."

"I searched them on the internet, and they are ugly."

In addition to these, the group also became a target of racism, wherein they were physically-shamed by the Korean netizens, claiming that no matter how hard they try to copy Korean idols, they are Southeast Asians and it won't be easy to erase their distinct attributes.

[oversize image]

Moreover, SGO48 was accused of naming their group "SGO48" because of IZ*ONE who debuted from the show, "Produce48."

It is true that the K-pop group debuted prior to the Vietnamese group. However, SGO48's fans explained that the group is a sister group of AKB48, which debuted before IZ*ONE did.

They also expressed their disappointment to K-netizens, for IZ*ONE and AKB48 are sister groups under the same label, "AKS" (hereinafter "Vernalossom"), the Japanese agency that exclusively manages IZ*ONE's activities in Japan, as well as other foreign sister groups, such as SGO.

This is why some fans are guessing that copying is an exaggeration and that SGO48 just took inspiration from its sister group's photo theme.

Source :
    https://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/...er-allegedly-copying-iz-one-photo-concept.htm

MOD NOTE: Do not double post; Do not post oversize images.
    And if you edit this page, do not remove this mod note. Mod notes are not just for teaching you the rules, but for others to learn the rules as well.

Vietnamese group SGO48 criticized for plagiarizing IZ*ONE's "Bloom" photos
    AKP STAFF

[oversize images removed by mod]

SGO48, a Vietnamese group and the sixth international sister group of AKB48, has been criticized for plagiarizing the concept of IZ*ONE.

IZ*ONE released their newest album 'BLOOM*IZ' last monthand the newest concept photos for SGO48 are uncannily similar.

The photoshoot was not only accused of a lack of creativity by plagiarism, but the makeup and presentation of the SGO48 members also caused controversy.

Many people believe that the makeup, outfits, poses, and details were lacking tremendously in comparison.

Along with that, the members' lacked the ability to properly express themselves with emotion.

Some Kpop fans stated that SGO48 is a cheap imitation that's "cosplaying IZ*ONE."

Fans are asking SGO48's company for an explanation.

Do you think it's plagiarism?

Source :
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...iticized-for-plagiarizing-izones-bloom-photos

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2020
  5. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    Vietnamese female idol group SGO48 copies IZ*ONE :

6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

That's nonsense. Technically they are all in the same family/management not mentioning the popular members like Hiichan / Sakuratan are from 48G.

I'm suspecting they did that to generate some clout and for exposure. It's all under one roof.

izone -> AKS/Vernalossom -> 48G -> SGO48

It will be a different story if AKS or "Vernalossom" is not involved.

On a lighter note, in case some things get unnoticed..

[​IMG]

7. Wuann

Wuann Kenkyuusei

YAG definately did this for exposure but this is not the kind of exposure the fans wanted. Many old AKB fans in Vietnam have left because of this

8. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Ugh, the never-ending toxicity of K-Pop fans.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    I like C-pop, J-pop, K-pop and V-pop.

Back in the 2000s, the K-pop fans were less toxic than the J-pop fans because K-pop was still conquering Asia at that moment.

After the 2000s, the K-pop fans became more toxic than the J-pop fans due to K-pop becoming more popular on a international level so more K-pop fans which mean more toxic ignorant K-pop fans.

Since the 2010s, the K-pop fans who are called Koreaboos are seen even worser than J-pop fans who are called Weeaboos.

I feel like the K-pop fans are more aggressive than the J-pop fans.

Then you have the Chinaboo :

Some Koreaboos become Chinaboos only because of EXO's Chinese members, Lay, Luhan, Kris, and Tao.

The Chinese version of a weeaboo, or a wapanese.

A person who is very obsessed over the Chinese pop culture to the point where they are pretending to be chinese when they are not chinese by blood

Chinaboo : "Ni hao I am a Chinaboo, you’re so shuai (attractive) gege (older brother)."

These people are very annoying and they obsess over anyone who lives in China, or has Chinese blood in them.

If you speak any Chinese language like Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese, watch out--they're going to get you for your language ability.

They try to type out Chinese Pinyin, but fail hard. ( Most of them don't know what Pinyin is. )

They are NOT people who have a major in a Chinese Dialect and can ACTUALLY write pinyin properly.

Chinaboos usually like to write their name in Chinese Characters when they do schoolwork, and fail very hard at the strokes and the order of the strokes.

They also buy things with Chinese Characters that they don't know the meaning to. Chinaboos take Chinese, Hong Kong, and Taiwanese drama to an obsessive level by trying to pick out phrases from it.

These people are NOT the same people who simply enjoy to watch these dramas.

Most of them are also k-pop lovers. Chinaboos are usually not Chinese themselves, but they claim they have some Chinese in them.

If you speak Chinese and one of them adds you on Facebook, be careful.

You're in for a big roll of a "lao shi" (teacher).

Person 1: Hey, did you hear? In Social Studies, Sarah was totally correcting every Chinese word that people said. The thing is, she didn't even say it right.

Person 2: Yeah, I know. I even told her, and she started to call me a China hater.

Person 1: She isn't even Chinese, what the hell?

Person 2: Pffft, duh. She's a total Chinaboo.

Source : https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chinaboo
    [​IMG]

Luckily, the are no Vietnamboos so V-pop will still be seen as something more rare without all those negative stereotypical community fan connotations.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

it does look like sgo might take inspiration from iz... but idk abt how far the boundaries is between inspiration, copying with little adjustment, and just blatant plagiarism. Sgo's case is not as blatant, but it's very similar.

But Sgo48 copying IZ by adding 48 to their name? lolol

11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Most KPop fans are living in a thick bubble, they did not even know that SGO48 and IZ are somehow on the same boat (AKS/48G).

I still think that is intentional to raise some noise and clout. It's a win win on both sides.. good/bad publicity is still publicity.

12. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

to me, it does seems like Sgo's creative department just took some idols's photoshoot concept (this being Iz') as reference they want to achieve this feel and that look, but then took it quite too literally and just end up copying the thing instead. It happens a lot in the creative industry, copying other's work as "inspiration" but with some tweaks here and there.

I dont approve, but it happens. That's why original ideas are hard to find/make

13. BANHLONG

BANHLONG Kenkyuusei

idk why Koreans say that the photos of SGO are the teasers....

14. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Waiting for the day when SGO announces they are covering "Kimi wa Melody" :cute: Lol. Sorry. It's one of my favorite Newer Gen songs.

Also, toxicity unfortunately is everywhere.

15. Takamina_91

Takamina_91 Kenkyuusei

Koreans in general I see that they often criticize other countries and consider themselves the center, sometimes they also copy foreign bands but they don't seem to remember but just like to criticize.
    Recently a number of Koreans lied about their awkwardness about Vietnamese Banh Mi, about quarantining the disease in Vietnam when they traveled to the CoVid19 epidemic without apologizing.

16. onego123

onego123 Member

The SGO members are finally on Instagram! I'm on mobile so I can't link them

17. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    6 April 2020 : "SGO48 Ghen Cô Vy - Hands washing dance cover" :

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  18. Takamina_91

Takamina_91 Kenkyuusei

You can follow the group's main Facebook page for SGO48 members' accounts information on Instagram.

19. Takamina_91

Takamina_91 Kenkyuusei

[QUOTE = "onego123, bài đăng: 1662190, thành viên: 51264"] Các thành viên SGO cuối cùng đã có mặt trên Instagram! Tôi đang sử dụng điện thoại di động nên tôi không thể liên kết chúng [/ QUOTE]
    Bạn có thể theo dõi trang Facebook chính của nhóm để biết thông tin tài khoản của thành viên SGO48 trên Instagram.

Mod note:
    • Use English – We understand that English isn’t everyone’s first language, but we are primarily an English forum. Other languages are not explicitly forbidden, but discussion should not carried out in any other language other than English.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2020
  20. Takamina_91

Takamina_91 Kenkyuusei

Thanks to the Mod for reminding me, I will pay more attention, because I use Google Translate when the paste fails without paying attention. Thank you, Mod, for reminding me and forgiving me this time, thank you.