1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I wonder how the members feel. I'm sure they too prefer quality over quantity on principal but there are a couple of issues. One is that I'm pretty sure their livelihood is tied to activity. At the very least, idols who don't release music don't get nearly as much side jobs. This downtime is a bit hit to their careers. And the members who were set to debut in this single run are certainly going through a lot of anxiety about its delayed release.
    We all hope that they hit the ground running with a great song everyone can get behind but we also want to make sure the girls aren't stuck at the studio practising silent majority every day for a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Bring back Katakana Keyaki! :XD: Tsucchi and Amon-sensei with Sawabe as center with their B-side single, Mozza Cheese

The single might be delayed still with this corona thing still going on, but things aren't as bleak, maybe we can be back to normal in 1-2 months hopefully. I just want to know the new formation for the senbatsu, they can give us that, at least.

Come on, S&F. I have defended you enough, time to come through now.

3. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

Just an thought, but are there any chances 9th single will be delayed till around September? I kinda expect 1 single only this year, or 2 with this covid going on, but I thought of a situation like this:
    The situation in Japan is raising, so it's most likely the quarantine will only end in June or July, so maybe instead of 9th single, they will release 2nd album? Summer is quite the time to release an album, especially since last summer we knew the existence of various new song, like Saijin, 10gatsu, and especially Kado wo magaru hasn't been included in any single. With the momentum of closing the old chapter with documentary, management will make a transition between old and new with an album including both old and new songs in summer and official open new chapter with 9th in last 3-4 months of 2020?
    This also gave the new girls time to growth,as they gain experiences in album's activities, including summer tour and handshakes. This also give staffs more evidence to evaluate/consider them

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hello_BABY_OvO

Hello_BABY_OvO Kenkyuusei

Nice idea, as management used to do, release one alnum per 4 singles. It is also a transition during the huge changes.
    In my opinion, there's no doubt that the senbatsu will change, for both old and new 2nd members need stage to perform. As the old schedule, the debut of new 2nd members will be after the release of 9th single, but now members are so many. The number of members in single is limited, but everyone will take part in the making of album. And after the album, base on the reaction of fans, can select a more suitable senbatsu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I think an album would be really great, and would work better so everyone takes part in it. Like said before, without releases most girls are probably getting less jobs.

For 9th senbatsu will be changed and maybe with even more 2ki members, since they debuted after 8th and need a release to promote themselves... would be nice I guess

6. Marianne

Marianne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina & Suzumoto Miyu
    I have an important question: If the 9th Single was going to be released in the past December...Or at least , that's that I understood at that moment. What is going to happen with the songs of that "9th Single" non released ?
    Or maybe, they can restructure the songs . Hirate and Shiichan are the only absents but being Hirate the center at that time...I don't know if I am explaining well . Sorry :^^;:

7. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

If I remember it correctly, the reason for delaying was "for better quality". We don't know if it's re-recorded for better or they choose another song for 9th. In case they choose the new song to be 9th A-side, if the old song was good enough I think it will likely put in the album - as I think that was Techi last participated song. In case it was too bad to be released, i think it's lost forever, but this is unlikely to be, since after all it was once choose as A-side, i dont think the song itself is too bad, maybe just not fit to be A-side after consideration

• Like Like x 1
  8. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Exactly why they need to debut their new members right away. I dont want to see new victims like the first bach of 2ki.

I love your optimism but I seriously believe HS & tour arent gonna be possible before fall when I see summer movie premiere being delayed one after another. I've already made up my mind that RoK 2020 wont happen. I'm not expecting any keyaki tour either this year since s&f's hands will be full with hinata's delayed national tour & hinatadome preparation.

But the new girls sure need to build stage experience asap. And a 2ki only concert would be the most effective way to challenge them in every possible aspect: leaving impression, improving their stage presence, center try out, MCing, and more importantly bonding since they need cooperation & support between the experienced ones & the neewbie to make it a success. Something like that would help the less prominent one to gain more fans & possibly more individual work

9. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I wonder if this 9th single main song centered by Techi does exist, and if it does - will it become a lost media? I wonder if it will see the sunlight someday (by official release or leak)

• Like Like x 1
  10. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I have been think about this for quite some time too and still can't quite wrap my head around this mess.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I understood everything correctly, there is indeed a possibility that two versions of 9th single do exist. Original and the one that was rumored to be remade "for the sake of quality". Maybe both even had MVs. And all of this presumably happened before Hirate's withdrawal. So actual 9th single we are going to get is something different again. This is my first theory.

However it can't be ruled out that only original 9th single was Techi-center. Looking back there are certain hints that Hirate's intention to withdraw was known at least before the Tokyo Dome live. Because it sure as hell looked like a graduation concert both for her and Suzumoto. In this case the "remade" 9th single is already different center and is in fact the one that we are going to get. This is my second theory.

In both cases the original Techi-single(s) fate is up for discussion.

What could be done about it? If I were Seed & Flower, I'd definitely try to get the most ¥¥¥ out of this situation. Maybe some kind of secret surprise additional Type S release of the current 9th single or the inclusion of the Techi-single as a tie-in content for eventual documentary BDs release.

tl;dr If Techi's 9th does exist, S&F would be stupid not to put it to use.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    It really depends on how far along they got with the recording process. If the single was first recorded as a demo and then scrapped because of quality reasons, then probably we won't get the Techi-version.

Generally from a demo version, you can get a certain idea if the song will work or not. If it works, then you clean it up, shorten or lengthen as you see fit, rewrite some parts and basically refine it to come out as best it can.

On the other hand if there is a Techi version then that means S&F scrapped a fully-formed single that they invested time and cash into recording. That in itself is a disaster.

Either way we will never really know for sure unless they reveal it publicly, and I doubt S&F would do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

I think the original one with Techi is pretty much finished. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I remember since it was scheduled to released, i think showed in a leak from amazon or sthg, i'm 90% sure everything related to the song was done, even the MV. Just that something occurred after that and changed their mind and replaced it, Techi-withdrawal related or not, we don't know.

13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

The least they can do is to add it to their 2nd Album. The album can contain all the songs recorded in the 9th single, if there was any, when Techi was center.

I am sure mgmt has something planned and fortunately or not, they still have more time to plan and adjust things now with covid19 around. Seeing how cheerful the members are now make me think things are probably well, unknown to us still though.

14. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Oh yes, sure it would sell like hot s**t... But the timing with covid is bad.. So we have to wait much longer for a release :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I think there was just one version, that was Techi centered. I believe the "quality postponement" was not really for quality, but because they acknowledged about her withdraw, and that happened probably in some moment between the senbatsu announcement (September 8th) and the postponement (December 8th).

What troubles everyone is that management would not lose the opportunity to sell it as her last single, and would be a proper farewell for fans. At least as business it doesn't seem like a great decision, if they knew it for long like some speculate, they also knew she wouldn't be up for promotion by late january, so it would be make more sense to release it as soon as possible, and use Kouhaku for farewell and promotion, but as we know that did not happen...

I think there's a lot of things we don't know, since we got no news about it for months, even before Covid-19. Not even the new senbatsu, nor any hints about it, so it's hard to know.

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I do think if that's the case(they/S&F know beforehand), the first version will be released as it is with gimmick that you mentioned. Covid aren't happening until 2020, so the release windows is there. Msta or any other TV stage can be covered with another center. There should be no problem. Heck, they may have rushed the release date to adjust one final performance.

17. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

#ReleaseTheTechiCut

• Like Like x 3
  18. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    That happened a lot in the past, even some performances of Suzumoto as Ambivalent center got really popular, etc. The windows was there, but for some reason it did not happen.

19. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Here's what I'd like to see, S&F adds the Techi cut to the 9th single, but as a hidden "Track 0" that never gets mentioned. Only people randomly messing with their CD players will find it.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Which conclusively strike me as first version MV that you mentioned, doesn't exist at all.

But eh, it's not like the raw cut of it can't be included as extra.

• Like Like x 1