1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

4th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Generic_User, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I don't know if you could call 'numbers' objective when they are the result of highly subjective interpretations. I don't dismiss the importance of HS sales, but I don't think it is the be all end all metric as well. There are too many external factors that influence these numbers. So rather than saying 'Yakubo is the weakest 4ki member', it's 'Yakubo is the lowest selling HS ticket 4ki member', if you want to make an objective statement.

I didn't say anything about being 'goofy' in the first place. But since you brought it up, there is indeed a 'goofy' side to her. But that's not what I meant when I praised her variety skills. @MasToppu's example of the boyfriend skit is a perfect example of what I meant. She created not only a interesting story, she also took it to the next level by the twist at the end. It was unexpected, funny and clever. And don't forget her monomane of Matsumura, which was spot on. Unfortunately, there aren't many moments like that, due to screentime constraints. But I thing quality is more important than quantity anyway.

Don't underestimate the art of movement by the way, which I believe is a skill not to be taken lightly if you want to entertain.

Then why are you bringing her up in the first place?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It's cute seeing you trying hard to show Yakubo skills. I think she's a good girl.

But we are talking about if she could be a candidate for the next senbatsu and if she has shown particular skills which make her surpass other 4ki candidates or her bad HS sales. And the answer to me is blatant is no. No matter you like her or no.

If you really think Yakubo deserves to be on the next senbatsu among the 4ki candidates I can't agree at all. I'm pretty sure she's not gonna be on senbatsu at all for her entire idol career if things remain like this for her. If you say that is something you WOULD like to see no matter about the results or her skills is a different thing, it's your taste, you like her and is fine... but that's not what you said.

Ayano Christie was an example to say that Yakubo atm can win against a few other gen members but if we are looking just on 4ki, things turn on a different way (only the original 4ki, it's too soon to judge new 4ki too)

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thanks, I am a cute person after all. :chuffed:

I know what I said. I think Senbatsu should not be a place for the popular ones only. And I am all for some competition so the girls will become the best version of themselves.
    But in the end, I like to look at Nogizaka as a team with the same goal. If a senbatsu spot is a given to a girl that isn't really popular for whatever reason, and it results in her learning new things, improving herself, gaining some exposure, improving her HS sales, I really don't see the problem. It helps the group to grow. I don't like to think in terms of deserving. And luckily management doesn't either (although I don't know what they do think).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think management thinks the same. To be in senbatsu is not a given and you have to deserve that spot. I can't always agree on management decisions (like picking Sakaguchi over Mukai as I said before) but they have their logic. If management though different, other already graduated girls would've made senbatsu too, but they didn't.

But that's the compromise when you have too many girls on the group.
    The more the girls, the less the chances to succeed and make it. But if you have less girls and you can let everyone shine and have their senbatsu experience (like I would like too), some of the current girls wouldn't be Nogi members at all.
    You can't have a group of 40-50 girls and let everyone of them shine; especially cause when you have so many girls, it's easier to have some who have less skills and less appeal. And you have to make choices.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Nogi just has too many members. 46 is too many for one group, that's it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

To be deserved in senbatsu, they need your approval. That's all :flower:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Useless trivia: Kakehashi is the only 4th gen who doesn't have a mole in either face or neck.

Endo: cheek, neck
    Shibata: below lips, neck
    Seimiya: neck
    Tsutsui: cheek, neck
    Kanagawa: below brow, neck
    Tamura: below eye
    Kitagawa: below eye
    Yakubo: chin, cheek
    Hayakawa: cheek, below/side of lips
    Kaki: near temple

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    What does it mean?

9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    Ohh, thank you!

11. exmaknae

exmaknae Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maiyan, Kakki, Juri
    I thought she has a mole on upper lips like Ume or Maiyan, no? :^^;:

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    New 4ki is still 4ki, you can't exclude them. Hope they're not gonna be ignored by "original 4ki" too.

13. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    There aren't enough resources around yet to scan these new 4th gen's for birthmarks, they're still a mystery :D Wonder if it turns out they all have too :^^;:

Oh, must've missed that one.
    Though I've seen one cut where there seems to be one in her nose, by the left cartilage.

14. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    Shibata also has one on her forehead. She said it appeared after joining Nogi... make of that as you will lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  16. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Whether it's true or not, after Maiyan's graduation, I kinda expect they will build-up Asuka/Sakura pairing or continue Sakura's push now that they only have Asuka. I also like the idea of them W-center next single, even though I'm not a fan of W-center.

17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

That's where they're Going
    The amount of push Sakura have gotten lately indicates that Mgt is pushing theie faith on her.

The 1st rumor seems more believable but the lack of Kakehashi makes it not credible

While the 2nd rumor have more believable Fukujin , That 3rd row will make a lot of people confused ( Tamami and Den over Ayane , Yanchan ,Miria and Seira ) . But then ; This will prove Mgt can put any member they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

:^O^: Yes!!! I will be one of those triggered people if that happen.

Too much 3rd gen with 8 to only 3 2nd gen. Renka should be their cut-off. At least Ayane should be in. I'd rather have another 4th gen than putting Tamami or Denchan. Seira to be more specific and if not her, I wouldn't mind Yanchan.

The first one though. Unless the 2nd and 3rd rows are not in order, Renka over Kubo and Umezawa? But still, Hoshino staying front row?

Anyway, I'm almost done beige watching Nogibingo - two seasons left. While still in the middle of this covid crisis, although these are just rumors, any means of bringing back the excitement and anticipation for the next single is welcome. Stimulates my own Senbatsu imagination [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Suddenly, I want to see 4th gen performing Yakubo no Reincarnation, especially the blindfolded performance.:inlove:

20. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    The good thing about rumors like this it that we at least learn what the Senbatsu is not going to be.

I don't know what kind of Senbatsu I want to see for the next single, honestly.

• Agree Agree x 1