1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Hey guys, I don't know if anyone here is following it, but the Ichii Sayaka (ex-Morning Musume) idol audition is in its final voting phase! If you aren't already, please consider sending some votes on mysta to Paida! She's one of the only foreigners to make it to this round of the audition, and the overseas idol fanbase is working hard to support her, but we could really use some help! Sorry if this is against the rules, I checked but didn't see anything forbidding shameless begging [hehe]

All you have to do is download the app, confirm with a phone number (USA numbers work fine!), and throw the (free!) stars you get (1/minute) on the video linked below! Thank you for your time!!
    https://tinyurl.com/VOTEPAIDA

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Sex Dolls as football fans in Korea.

"“Playing in empty stadiums, teams have resorted to placing banners and cutouts of fans over empty seats, making a better backdrop for television and photos. FC Seoul took it a step further by placing 30 mannequins around the stadium Sunday … They were, however, a product of Dalkom, a company that makes sex toys and other adult products. … The life-size dolls wore face masks and were posed in a number of positions, appearing to cheer the action on the pitch. Twenty-eight were female and two were male … and some wore items that advertised adult websites.”

From the Washington Post.

Edit: should this be in the Football thread? :)

BrAS. 30) 7.9p).jpeg

3. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Hana Kimura from World Wonder Ring Stardom wrestling in Japan and Terrace House has died. The news is all over the western press, including ESPN, FOX, TMZ, BBC, etc. Some reports claim that she committed suicide because of cyber bullying.

Here is the announcement from We Are Stardom, their English language twitter feed.

"Stardom fans, We are very sorry to report that our Hana Kimura has passed away. Please be respectful and allow some time for things to process, and keep your thoughts and prayers with her family and friends. We appreciate your support during this difficult time."

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1264045951607386113

4. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    yes, it's extremely sad. I thought she was amazing and beautiful. It's so sad that trolls helped pushed her over the edge :cry:

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Former SKE48 member Kitagawa Ryoha talked about Kimura in her blog today:
    https://ameblo.jp/ryoha-official/entry-12599207859.html

Google translation:

• Like Like x 2
  6. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I posted yesterday in the AKB48 General thread about Prime Minister Abe's stated intent to lift the final emergency restrictions, as I saw it as having an effect on OUC48. Now he has acted. From a story in English from NPR.

"Japan has completely lifted its nationwide state of emergency.

The country's prime minister, Shinzo Abe, announced Monday that officials have loosened the coronavirus restrictions in the last five of the country's 47 prefectures: Tokyo and its surrounding regions, as well as the northern island of Hokkaido.

"We've set some of the most strict criteria in the world to lift the declaration," Abe told a news conference, according to Japanese broadcaster NHK, "and we concluded that prefectures across the country have met that standard."

Japan implemented its state of emergency in Tokyo and nearby prefectures in mid-April and expanded the order less than two weeks later to include the entire country. Last month's announcements came amid a surge of new coronavirus cases in the country, which at one point topped 1,000 confirmed cases in a day — but those numbers have begun to taper in recent weeks, and government officials have been lifting the weeks-long state of emergency piecemeal."

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ronavirus-state-of-emergency-as-critics-swarm

7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Japan is considering anti-cyberbullying laws as a result of Hana Kimura's death.

"(CNN)Japanese government officials are calling for action against cyberbullying, amid a national outpouring of grief after the death of professional wrestler and reality television star Hana Kimura.

Japan's Minister of Internal Affairs and Communication, Sanae Takaichi, pledged on Tuesday to speed up government discussions around cyberbullying legislation. Takaichi would head a government panel to discuss whether internet users could be identified if their posts included "slander and defamation," she said.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga also expressed his condolences for Kimura's death on Monday, saying, "It is important to improve literacy on the internet so that users won't use comments to hurt others with slander."

Former Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama paid tribute to Kimura on Twitter, calling for punishment for "cowardly" anonymous cyberbullies.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/asia/hana-kimura-death-terrace-house-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Today's update:

Terrace House cancelled.

"Japanese reality TV show “Terrace House Tokyo” has been canceled following the death on Saturday of cast member and pro-wrestler Hana Kimura.

The cancellation of the 2019-20 season was announced Wednesday evening local time by the show’s Japanese broadcaster Fuji Television Network. There was no word on future iterations."

https://variety.com/2020/tv/asia/terrace-house-japan-canceled-hana-kimura-netflix-1234617129/

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've noticed recently that NHK World has started to show Japanese personal names with family name first instead of given name. I hadn't thought that much about it but I've just seen the following note on their website dated 3/29:
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/information/2020033006002/

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Bilbo Baggins / Frodo Bolsón (Ian Holm) passed away today. RIP :(

10. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I wonder what time will the eclipse be seen here in the Philippines

11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Sad to see my hometown appearing on Japanese news for very tragic reasons following the triple stabbing murders here :(

[Video unavailable]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Socially distanced baseball.
    Cheerleaders for the Yomiuri Giants in Tokyo talk to a fan on Tuesday. Japan and South Korea have been playing baseball without spectators, and they've come up with creative ways to engage boosters. Now, America will follow.
    Image 6-24-2020 at 9.09 AM.jpeg
    from the WaPo

13. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Guys! We didn't get a AKB summer single! Why!?

oh yeah pandemic...
    [​IMG]

14. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Well, we didn't get a summer single LAST year either. Or very much else last year. AKB's 2020 just feels like a continuation of all last years cancellations. . .

15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    From The Mainichi today:
    12 Akihabara maid cafe staff test positive for coronavirus
    The Akihabara Don Quijote building is of course also the home of the AKB48 Theater but as the article says it looks like the virus was transmitted in the back rooms and offices of the cafes.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    No, I never made a dedicated Kiss Bee thread, although I am a fan of the group, have seen them live many times, and have often posted about them on my blog. (which is in my signature)

Very sad news indeed. BTW, her given name is Hina. I find it eerie that she posted what feels like a goodbye message on Twitter the day of her passing. Most of the bios say she was inactive with Kiss Bee since last year, but technically she had only been semi-active for a long time, and I always wondered why. I never saw her participate at any of their mini-lives after 2017. I also read the group will be going on a hiatus. Hopefully it won't be for good.

In any case, rest in peace Hinachosu

18. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Nowhere else to put this but just found out that one of my favorite Japanese actors passed away in an apparent suicide. So young with a budding career ahead of him, and many hit movies/dramas already under his belt. He also dabbled in singing, and his second single was set to be released next month. Quite unbelievable and a complete tragedy for the J-industry.

RIP Haruma Miura. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    There seems to be a lot of that going around, unfortunately Japan is one of those countries that has a big stigma about mental health, so there's a lot of depression based suicide particularly amongst young people.

20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just learned that Miura was due to co-star with Ikuta Erika of Nogizaka46 in a production of Whistle Down the Wind in Tokyo which had to be postponed due to Covid. She withdrew from the group's appearance on the Ongaku no Hi TV show today. :(

• Like Like x 1