1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i don't have the time to watch the videos. i'm sorry for that. but what happened in the video?

2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

izone got their own twitter emoji today https://twitter.com/i/status/1269631224860966912

the track list of Oneiric Diary http://iz-one.co.kr/
    [​IMG]
    1 Welcome
    2 Secret Story of the Swan *Title
    3 Pretty
    4 Merry-Go-Around
    5 Rococo
    6 With*One
    7 Secret Story of the Swan (Japanese Ver)
    8 Merry-Go-Around (Japanese Ver)

members are involved again and credited for OD album, and Mospick will be writing song for them again :banana: and that psycho rabbit, could it be eunbi ?:^^;:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    "Composed by: Psycho Rabbit (Kwon Eunbi, Jung Meongmin, Shin Yongsoo)"

It's a bit difficult to read because it's a gif, so you can't zoom in unless you screenshot or save it, but yes, Eunbi is listed under Psycho Rabbit ^^

All of IZ*ONE wrote the lyrics for With*One and Eunbi participated in composition and arrangement, and Hitomi wrote the Korean and Japanese lyrics for Merry-Go-Round

I haven't watched it yet either but I assume that people could tell once again how skinny she has grown especially over the past year

4. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I hate seeing comments on youtube and twitter asking for this group to be a permanent group. This group was marketed as a temporary group remember that's why some people took interest to this group because they were only meant to be active for 2.5 yrs. It'd be fraud if they don't keep their word. Anyways good luck to izone and the 7 or so months left in them

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    well, something strange is definitely going on because their management is dropping an absurd amount of money to promote this comeback. The multiple costumes and photo shoots. Just an amazing amount of content to fans, which all costs money to produce. They even purchased a Twitter hashtag, which typically costs a $1 million USD. Why spend so much money when they only have seven months left? Their agency (Swings) is not a charitable group. I remember when Wanna One and IOI had their last two singles, they essentially got an MV teaser, a showcase, and that was it. The promotional period was extremely stingy and definitely felt as if they were "cashing out" IZ*ONE is getting a marketing push that's similar to rookie groups backed by huge companies.

6. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

we don't need to be overreacted, it's a normal reaction of any fans, in this world, which fans like seeing their fav disbanded anyway?, normally, only anti feel happy for such things, not fans, if they change from project to permanent gg, or getting extending contract, even those who didn't stan them will asking why not?

7. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I believe it will take the members' agreements to extend the contract, unless there was a hidden terms inside the existing contract, so I am quite relaxed here.

8. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The stage that their next MV was filmed has a huge floor that has their entire logo on top of it.

Attached Files:

9. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    yeah, if there should be an extension, so long as that jp members voluntarily agree then i dont mind at all

• Like Like x 2
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    ^
    If this can be called a real appearence ...
    It was the RH concert btw

I would say it might be because there are a lot of comebacks this month, and especially their main target, Twice who had their's last week.

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What 6th anniversary?

But yes, they're confirmed to be permanent.

006.jpg

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    KCON:TACT Shoutout video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  13. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    I think this because of the start of the new chapter (The ONE chapter) which a whole different concept from the *IZ-trilogy so it seems the management treat this not as IZ*ONE comeback but as IZ*ONE redebut. And not sure about they being permanent but there's a possibility for extension though (maybe for another 6 months) since they've to sit out for 3 months when the rigging scandal rise last year (They scheduled to comeback at 11th November before got postponed). They have to make up the lost time because they also still have to release at least one japan single (unless Vampire considered as their last single). But that depends to the K-Line agency and J-Line vernalossom ak.a AKS agreement so I'm looking forward to see what happen after this single.

14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Honestly, I wouldn't be mad at all if they remained permanent. The JP members have had so much more opportunities in izone compared to their time in 48g, and it's very rare for members of past 101 shows to do well in their new groups (most tend to flop or disband), so I feel like the korean members would prefer to stay in izone anyway. Plus, most companies have already debuted new girl groups from the members who didn't make the cut, so unless they just insert the girls into those already active groups, the chances of those companies creating whole new groups for 1-2 members is incredibly slim.

So I'm all for a permanent group, I just hope the companies at the very least, let the members extend their contracts by 3-6 months to make up for lost time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm personally against permanency. The Japanese girls will surely eventually want to go home. Hitomi has said a few times that she really struggled at first in Korea and realised how important her family was to her. She's probably grown more accustomed to it now, but she must miss home a lot. Sakura mentions ZOZI at any given moment and tries to get an emotional reaction from her radio listeners and people at concerts by mentioning that they will eventually disbaned; yesterday, it was the anniversary of the EYES ON ME tour, and Sakura said in her private mail something along the lines of, "has it really only been one year? It feels like it was 2 or 3 years ago."

I'm sure they love what they're doing now, but they expected it to be a temporary thing from the start. If it was, for example, Juri, Myao or Miyu, I'd say they'd love to stay in Korea, but I get the feeling from these 3 that they will want to go back home next year. I'd be perfectly fine with a 3-6 month extension to make up for the scandal period and the lost time because of COVID-19, but other than that, I want them to go back to their respective agencies (and J-Line back to Japan).

I hope the Korean members don't go back to trainee/dungeon time for long after ZOZI. But IZ*ONE/Produce 48 was supposed to be a stepping stone or almost a taste into the idol/girl group life. It was never meant to be their whole career.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Personally I think Sakura is yearning to get back to her Youtube work. If IZONE had never happened, she would be even bigger than she is now.

17. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

I feel like an extension is likely. Who knows when Japan is going to open up again, and if the pace of last year was any guide, I feel like they probably want 2 more Japanese singles.

Obviously this is all conjecture, but assuming things work out I could see a Japanese single in the fall/early winter, a Korean single early next year, a Japanese single in the spring/summer and a final Korean album in the summer/fall to close it out.

I don't think permanency is an option.

Everglow has holes in their dance formations that are obviously waiting for a seventh member. Rocket Punch is positionless because I think Eunbi was supposed to be their main dancer and Chaewon was supposed to be their main vocal. Oh My Girl will be 6 years old next year which is about time for WM to debut a new girl group. Stone music also has trainees waiting for a debut.

All it takes is for one of these agencies to pull out and the whole thing comes to an end.

We may get a reunion here and there, but I think 2021 will be the last year of IZ*ONE being a dedicated group. Too many competing interests.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

if they go permanent, is not like the jline can't go home anyway if they tweak their contracts T&C, look at former x1 5 yrs contract, just like izone, they also had members from other groups, so they made 2.5 years exclusive to x1, and the remaining 2.5 years doing free activity with their own agency yet still being part of x1, isn't it a good win win situation, unlike the jline that have a famous group to welcome them home, people are way more concern about the kline rather than the jline bcuz they don't have a group if izone disbanded, even if their own agency create a new gg for them, it won't ensure that they'll be success, we already got ioi past members as reference, dia, gugudan, wekimeki, wjsn, and pristin, obviously some members will sunk with their new gg later and disappear from radar forever, seeing them now especially the jline is so impressive, they're doing things that never before seen or reached by other 48G girls or jpop idols, involving in writing songs for their album, exposed to vast kpop media coverage, getting friends with famous idols, working with amazing peoples, imo, that's why they looks soo amazing, by keeping izone exist, will keep them doing many amazing things

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Iz*one are on the trajectory to the next TWICE, it would be ludicrous for them and the agency to give that up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If Miyazawa Sae is an indication, having a kenning in two countries is tiring as hell. Being part of one group that releases in 2 countries is different because they won't ever have a Korean and a Japanese release at the same time, but if IZ*ONE and AKB/HKT are to co-exist, then there is a possibility that they will have to work in two countries at the same time. I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone.

Nobody ever anticipated for IZ*ONE to become that big. I'm not sure how much the individual agencies make off of IZ*ONE (i.e. Woollim and Yuehua), but I can imagine they'd want their top batters back to their own agencies where they bring the most money. I'm sure Everglow and Rocket Punch won't ever reach IZ*ONE's level, even if Yena, Eunbi and Chaewon join them, but if the timing is good, they could take a portion of IZ*ONE's popularity with them.