1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah I know I was just trying to sound repetitive of what I said before. I do wish they still work with Vernalossom if the group becomes permanent because I want them to still be 48G related. But I know that if the group becomes permanent they'll be managed by CJ on its own and while I think that leads to stop releasing Japanese singles, they can do fanmeetings and concerts in kpop festivals in Japan, as for the songs They can just release Japanese songs in their Korean mini-albums and that's it.

Of course this scenario also leads to stop the relation with the 48G and Vernalossom and that's when I wonder what would happen with Japanese single songs, will IZ*ONE keep them or not? That situation feel like what happen with SNH48 except that with IZ*ONE there's no violation of the contract.

I guess that would be the closest to the idea of how IZ*ONE would be if there were more Japanese members, lol.

Some crazy thought I have, I'd be ridiculous if the name IZ*ONE actually belongs to Vernalossom in Japan. If that were the case, then they could just keep Sakura, Nako and Hitomi (although I think Hii-chan would definitely prefer to go to Korea) add more 48G members make a new IZ*ONE that countinues with the release of Japanese singles, and that would be something similar of what JO1 and Nizi project are, k-pop groups with only Japanese members. And if they want, they could even make auditions for Korean girls that wish to join, that would be insane, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Joke but true. And I swear every 48G member would think that.

AKB isn't available worldwide because they can't attract fans worldwide. That market reasoning doesn't apply to AKB. Kpop is all about music and performances whilst AKB's more about approaching local fans and handshake events. You graduate from 48G to become something, Kpop artists are already that something (Juri, Miyu). They're two totally different things.

Speaking of markets, Japan's obviously bigger(they have more than twice the population) but seeing Twice and IZONE's recent sales in Korea, I think Girl Group market's getting bigger and bigger there. IZONE might sell 400000 this week. Hard to believe SNSD sold just around 90000 at their prime...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Hitomi's fans seem very quiet. I never see a lot of fuss about her, except the weight thing recently, but her fancams have been getting pretty consistent streams, even during the BLOOMIZ era.

Showroom is available for free as well? And that's the same as VLive. It's also available in English.

Whereas, none of the SUPERSTAR games nor IZONE Private Mail nor IZ*ONE RememberZ are available globally. That's because the games aren't translated into English. But Showroom, VLive and Weverse are not related to any one specific group.

But also, as mikia said, AKB's concept is to attract local fans and make money through, largely, handshake events. If you look at other J-Pop groups, you'll see a lot of them try much more to be accessible to the rest of the world. I personally really enjoy Faky's music, although it's very different from AKB's music, and they have a lot of English versions of their songs, it's on Spotify, etc.

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And here we go again ......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

Wow this is so well done. Clean and simple but a lot of charm built in. Also......YES to Hyewon replication!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    .... I never said that. I’ve been following AKB & it’s sister groups for a long time to know they have solos & units

I’m talking about the concept & style. The Kpop format is much more different than the Jpop format, let alone AKB one

7. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    CJ will create their permanent IZ*ONE replacement through PD 101 Japan Season 2... they aren't going to let JYPE have all the fun making a Japanese kpop group that they can milk in Japan and around the world.

8. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    so the formula to kpop success is just to add a minimum of 3 japanese members lol

9. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Now that I think about it, Yuri’s agency Stone Music is part of CJEM.

AKS & CJEM could make a permanent collab GG with Japanese & Korean members.

Maybe like 10. Sakura, Nako, Hitomi, & 2 other 48G members could represent the J-side while Yuri & other Stone trainees like Sian (who was on Produce 48) could represent the K-side. Would be perfect tbh.

But yeah I def don’t see AKS not trying to advance in Korea after IZ*One disbands. So either a group like this, or a Korean 48G sister group.

Nizi is already growing a huge fandom in Japan, and have yet to debut. So I could def see CJEM preparing a rival.

True, and they’d profit even more if a former Nizi Project contestant joins (moreso whoever didn’t make it through the 2nd season). She’d would be the Somiof P101J2, since Somi was on Sixteen (Twice survival show), and ranked #1 on Produce 101 .

Would be nice to see ex-48G members on it too.

10. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

So much for shipping problems keeping them from challenging their previous albums sales. In fact, Oneiric surpassed Bloom*iz first week sales totals to take the top spot for highest first weeks sales numbers for a kpop girl group. Izone holds the top 2 spots.

Oneiric Diary- 356,901
    BLOOM*IZ - 356,313

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    It's impossible that the group from that show would be a replacement for IZ*ONE, may be only for Japan, but just like J01 and even Nizi Project, it's just domestic k-pop for japanese k-pop fans, because all of those projects are focused to japanese k-pop fans. If there were plans for those groups to reach Korea and other countries they would need to promote in Korea in first place and that's impossible because even tough they're considered as k-pop, those are groups with all japanese members and sing only in japanese.

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    SSS and Pretty on MBC Music Core today:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I wonder, people obviously had delay with their shipping, but maybe that still counted towards sales? Since people paid for the albums already. I know that I personally received an email from Synnara that my Oneiric Diary is delayed due to the UK's current import/shipping laws because of COVID. Heck, I'm still waiting for my BLOOMIZ album. But maybe that didn't affect the sales per say because people still already paid for it?

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    The size of one country's music market doesn't have to do with the size of its population.

Check this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_recorded_music_markets

Which leads us to...

AKB, Japanese idols and even J-Pop have their own unique style precisely because they don't need to sell themselves to a foreign country that sees them as being weird, pedos and "only in Japan". Japan doesn't need to give a shit, they sell what Japanese fans want.

K-Pop can't really do the same, they need to attract foreign markets like the US, therefore their style is much closer to what you see in the Western pop industry, otherwise they would be seen as those weird Chinese artists.

I'd say that the only Japanese industry that sells to the Western world is anime and that's because anime has been there for decades, even before people knew that those cartoons were anime, which allowed anime to keep its own unique Japanese way and style. Still, if you ask an American or European person that doesn't follow anime (most of them) what they think about it... well, you know what the answer is.

EDIT: I should add that Japan is that country that blocks YouTube content to foreign countries, that seldom tries to add subtitles to their videos. Sometimes they even seem to hate what is not Japanese. Have they even tried to sell outside Japan/Asia?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Some context for those curious since we've been mentioning it a bit, the main issue was production issues, swing/otr said the companies that manufacture the albums were struggling to produce so many due to the demand (400k estimated pre-orders) alongside other groups who were having comebacks around the same time (stray kids, twice, wjsn etc), so they said they expect delays in the shipment of sales. This was around a week or so before Oneiric was released. So obviously, fans expected low results (which we got, first day sales were shit in comparison to bloomiz lol) :fp:

I'm not sure on the exact date (edit: it was the 18th iirc), but a few days ago we then found out they were able to ship out the delayed 3d and Kihno albums, alongside more oneiric and diary versions, the sales picked up again and many sites were able to add the pre-ordered counts as sales bc they had confirmed stock coming in for them to ship. So if anything it seems like they picked up the pace to get more sales in the first week which is great! Even still, a lot of batch/group orders haven't been sent out yet due to them waiting for the 3d and kihno's and companies like Ktown4u and Synnara are still having difficulties. Shipment is slow to surrounding countries (like japan) too. Despite all of this, they still managed incredible results. Good job to the staff who worked hard to get them all out, and to us for throwing money at izone lol :^O^:[hehe]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

• Like Like x 4
  17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Rather than make new unit, why not adding Hii (+ SakuNako, if they're allowed) to TinTlip? This unit is the most Kpop-ish unit among AKB's new unit, has lots of PD48 alumni (+ Minagawa Yuuka), and Yamamoto Ruka announced her graduation few months ago... :fear:
    would be extremely better if they get debut single early than IxR :whistle: :hehe:

Anyway...

And no one posted SOTY candidate????

+ song from the girls to WI*ZONE

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    That actually would be perfect, especially since many P48 faves are already there

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    tbh i feel like if they cant continue on in iz*one, they may prefer to just stay in AKB/HKT full time rather than join some splinter kpop-ish unit lol

20. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    LOL. Nice one, but
    I want my Honey Harmony waifus debut single first :^^;: