1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well if we're posting old videos today:

if the video does not show watch the video here

More 峯岸 チーム 4 goodness ....

ow ... just stumbled on a Yahoo! article about Miichan (and no! ... it's not a scandal!) :
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/d82f921932c7a47bb8dac266344882ca04af9ca5
    [​IMG]
    At the midnight of July 10, a radio station in Tokyo finished recording and came out with a beautiful long-haired black hair with slender arms and legs and a preeminent style. It is Minami Minegishi (27 years old) of AKB48.

[Photo] It looks just like Mirei Kiritani!? Minami Minegishi's full-body figure looks good with a thin skirt

Speaking of Minegishi, although she was the same early member as Atsuko Maeda (29 years old) and others, she was a member in charge of variety, as was her junior Sashihara Rino (27 years old), not Kami-7, who gained royal popularity. When the romance scandal was discovered seven and a half years ago, she cut the hair herself and delivered an apology video on YouTube.

On the other hand, she also showed a semi-nude of a sharp body in a photo book and a gravure magazine, one entertainment reporter said, ``The real Minegishi is completely different from the third character on TV, more sexy than you think, It is well known that there are many hidden fans in the industry. In the past, I have been taken two shots with multiple handsome men, but it is said that it is convincing to be popular.”

In the past, I was made fun of like Gachapin and Minilla, but Lily Franky (56 years old) who is also a "beauty critic" praised me as "like Mirei Kiritani". The performing arts reporter mentioned earlier also said, "It's similar to Mr. Kiritani in that she has a delicate body but is unexpectedly rich in bust. In recent years, thanks to orthodontics, the chin line has become cleaner and the beauty has increased. I agreed.

Such Minegishi started on the official YouTube half a year ago, released makeup videos from makeup, and released a picture of a big rebound weight of 58 kg right after the CM of ``Rizap'' four years ago, and it is on sale as a bukkake character (this translation makes no sense) .. The best friend Sashihara has made 1.7 million guest appearances, and the “Dancing” video on July 5 has recorded more than 1.5 million views in just a few days, and is gaining popularity.

AKB48 official said, "It's no wonder that the person who started a break on YouTube, a nightmare that was once reported as a social problem overseas by delivering a round-cut apology video, is a development for herself."

I was planning to graduate from AKB48 in the spring, but the graduation concert is postponed due to the influence of the new coronavirus. However, the future after graduation is said to be bright.

One TV station official said, "Although it is not as much as Mr. Sashihara, who is loved by Mr. Tamori and Mr. Hitoshi Matsumoto, Mr. Minegishi is also a good talker among the past AKB graduates. Will continue to play an active role."

Also, even after graduating from idol life, she has been banning alcohol for more than 200 days, and is demonstrating her willingness. Perhaps because of such an abstinence life, the nice body can be maintained, and there are a lot of rising eyes.

After that, it is only possible to make a good image change without causing a useless male scandal. The entertainment reporter at the beginning said, "It was always a place of drinking that was taken with the opposite sex. If I could stop drinking like this, there could be a splendid transformation from a scandal idol like Mr. Sashihara." I am expecting.
    edit: cleaned up the translation a bit

the struck through part is 'ぶっちゃけキャラで売り出し中' Butchake kyara de uridashi-chū. way above my Japanese level :/

anyway .... a really positive article about Miichan

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    she definitely is and is a good cook

3. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Team 4 was the best when Miichan was captain she was always playful with the juniors.

That article author seems to be a fan of minegishi by the way he describes her he must really be into her has to be a long time fan

it's ok if you couldn't translate the one sentence the only thing that matters is you tried you best

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'd like to throw this into the old video mix - it's Choose Me! from RH 2013, I love Miichan's high ponytail here :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, she/she interviewed Lily Franky, and he's obviously prejudiced, because he's a close friend of Miichan, Miichan has been know to call him her 'entertainment dad' :)
    Miichan has build some really good professional relationships over the years, Downtown, Ninety-nine, Bad boys ... she has always, like Sasshii, shown that she can go toe to toe with them in a variety show and she also hold her own in UTAGE
    (I do think Shiichan is a better beatboxer though ;) )

I think Miichan had the 'biggest' hair of all in the pre 2012 AKB .... it was always quite easy to locate her in a performance becuase off that .... and after 2013 ... same thing but for a completely different reason :whistle:.
    I must add ... that pixie cut really suited her as well (without the traumatic haircut incident happening I don't think she would ever have tried a look like that)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    So who is going to start the nostalgia thread, where every post has to refer to something before 2015? [or is that too recent to be nostalgic?]

7. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Uragao Joshi no Yoru

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    [​IMG]
    haven't watched any further .... but that's Miichan .... and Beaver-chan :)
    (and yeah, I saw her bedroom in another program)

Miichan, sleepyhead ... gets up .... moves to the 'sofa' .... munches through a pack of cookies ... and
    takes another nap :)

9. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

When you see the dryer. [hehe]

10. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    ぶっちゃけ = blunt
    キャラ = character
    売り出し = on sale

It means she is currently marketing herself as a blunt idol (for CM appearance, etc.)

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Since we're talking about the past... I just watched the 2018 AKB48 documentary yesterday, and the film maker noticed that during rehearsals, Miichan stands aside and doesn't speak to anyone. She mentioned how she feels the generational gap because she is the only 1st Gen member, and among the oldest members (the oldest within Team K), so she doesn't feel like she can rely on anyone – she has to be there for her kouhai. The new girls don't share any of the experiences she made.

It wasn't just her, but also Komiharu and Yahagi Moeka (now graduated) pointed out that the new members (for example 16ki) are very scared of talking to their senpai members. They also interviewed HKT48's Miyawaki Sakura, and Sakura said that she can tell that in AKB48, there is more of a generational gap because there are so many members that they don't spend a lot of time with one another. Before the 2018 Tandoku Concert (=AKB48 only, no sister groups), it had been 2 years since they put on a concert, whereas HKT48 performs concerts quite regularly. They spend a lot of time on the same stage, but in AKB48 it's more split up.

Other members (such as then-soukantoku Yokoyama Yui) mentioned that there are too many members in one team now, which means that not everyone can perform. Back during the 2017 Team Shuffle, they assigned every Team 8 member a position in Team A, Team K, Team B or Team 4, which led to ~30 people per team and that meant that only about half of them could perform at a stage performance (since, in the theatre, they still limit it to 16 people on stage).

Right now, I counted, Team A+K+B have 21 members each and Team 4 has 25 members. It's a bit more balanced and they haven't held auditions since 16ki/Draft 3ki, but I wonder if they will hold auditions again soon. I hope that the members can become closer to one another. Miichan's time to make friends in the group is probably over because as soon as concerts can be held again, she will surely graduate. I think, though, that all the other members need to be closer to each other so that they can reach a common goal (which seems to be holding a concert at Tokyo Dome again). I'm worried that they get jealous too quickly when one girl reaches popularity, such as Yahagi Moeka. I really do get the feeling she was bullied out of AKB48 by antis and members alike because they felt it was unfair to give a new girl a solo concert and solo centre position so quickly.

I'm currently also watching the shorter documentary "DECADE AKB48's 10 Year Trajectory" and it shows a lot about AKB48 worked in the early days. Back then, they were a small, unknown idol group and they actually hung out with fans; meaning they went to amusement parks and fans could watch them close up and shake hands with them. They became popular with their Idols You Can Meet concept. This brings me back to what Miichan said about how the new girls don't share any of the experience she's had. I can understand that AKB48 is too big and too famous now to hang out with fans as much as they used to back then, but I do think that they are no longer Idols You Can Meet (even if you can go to their handshakes). Especially members like Kashiwagi Yuki, Okada Nana, Matsui Jurina... they're on a high pedestal that only a few people can reach, if they're lucky in HS lottery.

I apologise for my long rant but watching these documentaries has made me think a lot. I really do hope AKB48 will eventually go back to their roots with the Idols You Can Meet concept. Their latest singles (Sustainable and Shitsuren, Arigatou) reminded me a lot of their old sound, which people obviously loved. Besides going back to their old sound, I hope they can also go back to their old spirit and connect to fans (because that is what made them popular, in my layman opinion).

Thanks if you've actually read all of this oops [hehe]

TL;DR: Watching Miichan in some old AKB48 documentaries has made me have a lot of thoughts about AKB48 and where it's heading.

• Like Like x 4
  12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I have seen that documentary as well, and Miichan seemed pretty lonely, and when questioned about her standing to a side seemed really sad and hesitated if she should answer frankly .... and then talks about her 'fear' of graduating ... but also about the 'nest' AKB has always been for her.

But ..... sometime later in the documentary when Komiharu taslk about her challenges as Team Captain you see Miichan interacting with all Team K members ... more like a coach than as a member, also organizing who will go to dinner with her later ...
    that for me kinda refuted the Miichan interview but I think I see the difference now you mentioned it ... she said she never talked to other members, but I guess she indeed meant the newer members ... not the Minegishi Team 4 members

It did warm my heart to hear Komiharu speak so fondly of Miichan and that other captain saying she wants to be a captain like Miichan

I think I said it before ... Miichan was good for Minegishi Team 4 ... but Minegishi Team 4 was good for Miichan as well, without that she might have graduated before Takamina as just some 2nd tier 1st gen member always on the fringe of senbatsu
    It's one of those things no one planned or foresaw, but worked out pretty well in the end.

There are people who say the scandal and traumatic haircut ended her career, tbh ... I'm not sure about that, maybe without it it wouldn't have been this rollercoaster, otoh, it might just as well have been a slow fade into obscurity, in stead of staying around position 14 in the SSK as people always seem to assume.

btw ... about Moeka .... my feelings about her can be described as “didn't do the work”
    might be harsh ... but that's how I feel about it ...
    (and there are more idols I feel about like that (amongst which Sakura).... and, yeah, that might be really unfair)
    And yeah, part of that is jealousy, which is kinda weird as I almost never feel that way for myself, but I do feel is when I see a media senbatsu and Miichan is all the way in the back and on the wings ... or what was it, during Kojimatsura?, when they perform 'Yuhio Miteiruka?' and Miichan isn't there while she was in the original single ... or worse an 'Ue kara' Mariko without Miichan ... ok ... I went on a tangent ... sorry 'bout that)

btw: a dislike of having people treated preferentially has probably a lot to do which my Dutch background 'act normal, then you'll act crazy enough"

just rewatched the relevant part, my memory was a bit off
    I do think the thing that made Miichan almost cry is more the thought of all her graduated close friends then anything else, but yeah, I guess the gap between her and the last generations is just too big.
    You can see her interact freely with Komiharu, Kojimako and Mogichan ... but with the younger members she goes into a teacher/coach modus, and I think there is a distinct possibility that she won't hesitate to scold younger members when it's needed, and if younger members are already ill at ease with their senpai that won't help much to improve that.
    (on the other hand ... I kinda get the feeling the younger member could use a few more cracks of the whip ... )
    I guess the lack of camaraderie seems to affect Miichan more than it seems to affect Yukirin.
    (ow, as I said earlier, Miichan still kinda overshadows Komiharu as captain in this documentary)

just an extra 2 cents
    -------
    to be honest AKB management seems kinda predictable, it seems they had a shortlist for various activities.

so
    1. performing a song in a TV show, pick a pretty member as center : Acchan, Yuko, Mayuyu, Yukirin, Sakura, Nyan-nyan, Tomochin etc.
    2. a talk show with several members: random selection of the above, add Takamina, Miichan or Sasshii or all three
    3. a variety show: Sasshii, Miichan, with some edition from category 1
    (Yuko is a hybrid ... able to fullfil all roles asked of her)

but nowadays it seems to be mostly category 1 appearances and the talent pool seems to be 'narrower', I don't think many girls join AKB to become Sasshii or Miichan .... they want to be the next Acchan or Mayuyu and without AKBingo the chance for variety idols to become noticed has become smaller.

BTW: Naachan is in that regards the odd one out imho ... she seems to be very aware what kind of image she wants to project, and it obviously works for her.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the issue is exactly that she is more like a coach than a member. She's happy to be there for others, but it would be weird for her to lean on others. I don't think she's particularly close to Yukirin and that is the only member that would probably be able to relate to her as much.

I know she didn't participate in the theatre but apart from that, was there anything else didn't do? I watched her solo concert and I'm just gonna link the one video I can find for it on YouTube rather than the whole concert but she seemed energetic enough there.

In that same 2018 documentary, she was also the one who reached out furthest and tried to make fans feel welcome, the way she felt when she met Watanabe Miyuki at a HS event as a fan. I also remember that on AKBINGO, they talked about how Moeka will go out on the streets and, if people recognise her, shake their hand.

The documentary also mentioned how the younger girls don't talk to the senpai much and it creates a gap, but Moeka was known (and I think the other new members didn't like it) for approaching their seniors and cozying up to them. She was known for being fairly close to Sashihara Rino, and Sasshi did invite her to perform at her Graduation Concert.

I can definitely see how everyone is now trying to be a perfect idol and I don't think that's wrong, but I also agree with what Yuihan said in that documentary. Stuff like that hyperventilation scene from 2012, it's not good if that happens to someone, but you don't see members pushing themselves to their limits anymore and they're more concerned with looking neat and proper and "fixing their bangs."

I like Naachan but I'm not sure how well her personality fits in AKB48. I also started watching the Jabajatte Nani Tandoku Concert from 2018 and I think she's great for the songs that are meant for her (Toin Coss and Jabaja) but I don't feel that kind of spark when she performs Flying Get or Heavy Rotation.

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    They are friendly enough ... they were Sankon together with Sasshii, but it's not the level of friendship Miichan has with Takamina, Nyan-nyan, Acchan and Yuko of the original gens .. or Kojimako and Mikichan from Minegishi Team 4, and all those are gone

and there are people (not just members) who saw it more like 'sucking up'
    and Sasshii inviting her, wasn't she in the middle of her mega push? it might just have been management having decided that.
    I guess it all boils down to the fact that she's just not my type, you might well be right, but I'm still no fan, I just don't think she was interesting, for what it's worth, I had the same thing with Tomochin.... it must be the duckface ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  15. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Here what is missing is a Mariko so that there is interaction between the generations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't really see what's wrong with that since they're idols. They're supposed to appeal to fans. I think it would be ludicrous to assume that the personalities we see actually match them 100% off stage. I'm sure even Miichan is a little bit different on stage and behind the scenes when there are not documentary cameras around. Developing a character (even if it's a fishing/sucking up character) is work imo.

Yeah I do think Miichan and Yukirin get along and consider each other friendly colleagues, but it's not a deep friendship. At least that's the impression I get.

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I think Dutchie was saying that she was sucking up to seniors not even in her team (e.g., Sasshi), not appealing to fans. Here is what you wrote: "for approaching their seniors and cozying up to them."

Of course it is hard to make friends with team mates if you are never in the theater, even to practice.

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't have much problems with fishing, Yamauchi Suzuran is a known fisher, I like her just fine :)
    And sscrla was right, I was referring to the interaction with the senpai, but as I said, it's just my impression and it's mostly irrational

Miichan promoting HerLipTo, because you've got to support your friends :)

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1289215283865903104
    ======================
    これからことあるごとにこのワンピースを着ていると思いますがよろしくお願いします。もちろんHer rip toです。 今日もお酒を飲みませんでした(236日目)
    ---------------------------------------
    I think that I wear this dress every time in the future, but I would appreciate your favor (opinion?). Of course Her lip to. I didn't drink alcohol today (236th day)
    ---------------------------------------
    'ワンピース' wanpiisu? ... that bring back memories of a 14 year old Miichan in her Aitakatta episode :)

but don't you think Miichan is getting more stylish?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Opinions of fans who voted for Miichan in the Bunshun 'election'
    (and google translate messed up the subject in almost every sentence using 'I' in stead of 'she', I tried to correct most of it)
    ================================================
    「みーちゃんは色々あったけどなんだかんだ嫌いにはなれない推し。ずっと頑張っててほしい」(33・女性)

「一期生の時から見ていて色々とお騒がせメンバーですが、つい応援したくなる(^^) 高飛車じゃない感じがとても好印象。トークがとても上手で、いじられても笑いで返すのがとても上手なので、AKBを卒業してもタレントとして上手に芸能界を生きていけそうでずっと応援してます」(30・女性)

「歌もダンスもトークも全部出来るし、かわいいところが大好き」(17・女性)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “There were various Mi-chans, but I can't hate it. I hope you keep on doing it.” (33, female)

“I've been watching all the members since you wwre a first-year student, but I want to cheer for myself (^^) You feel like you're not a high-ranking car(?). you are very good at talking and it's very nice to laugh and give back Because you are good at graduating from AKB, you seem to be able to live in the entertainment world as a talented person and I will continue to support you” (30, female).

"You can sing, dance, talk, and love cute things." (17, female)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I haven't checked te opinions about the other members, but I noticed all three fans are female, to be honest I think for Miichan's future that's a good thing, a better base to build on.

btw ... if I only put the somewhat confusing sentence in google translate on its own I get:
    高飛車じゃない感じがとても好印象
    Very good impression that it is not a high jump
    which still doen't make much sense to me :)

ow, and Miichan ranked 46th ... but I long ago stopped caring about rankings

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Take parts and put into Jisho.

高飛車 - high-handed; domineering; on one's high horse

but it was followed by じゃない - not

So she is not stuck up.

• Informative Informative x 2