1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan just posted this on her twitter ..... she didn't drink alcohol today .... or yesterday .... or any day since 8 December last year

[​IMG]

It's somewhat strange, if you read the tweets about the two-shots of the other members (mion and yuiyui) ... they are totally in awe of Acchan, to them she is a true legend :)
    And then you realise that Miion and Yuiyui joined after Acchan left
    But for Miichan Acchan is foremost one of her closest friends

Speaking of Miion
    she tweeted this
    ばぶみぃちゃん - babimichan
    [​IMG]
    Miichan is so cuddly :inlove:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan appears in 2 publications this week

in BRODY, together with Yuihan, talking about the future of AKB and Yuihan's concert and in a publication about education/career choices, talking about her own school days

[​IMG][​IMG]

AKB48 performed at FNS and the members wore a collection of iconic uniforms

Miichan .... wore her uniform from Aitakatta (and got some decent screen time) :)

https://twitter.com/onigiridouga3/status/1298556849092886528
    [​IMG][​IMG]

ow ... and Miichan pulled a typical Miichan move .... 'blocking' Yukirin during KFC :) ... Move over Kirin, it's Shaku time!
    (and for fans complaining ... it's not like Yukirin didn't get most of screen time overall)
    https://twitter.com/onigiridouga3/status/1298557428884049920

[​IMG]

btw, those Flying get uniforms gold colour seems to have faded pretty badly

edit: I seriously doubt if the 'grabbing screen time' was really spontaneous, it just plays into Miichan's and Yukirin's stage personas, Yukirin the 'Reaction Queen', Miichan 'Shaku' ... and you can't really let a kouhai do this, so it just has to be Miichan ... not that Miichan minds :)

I was thinking ... can you match the uniforms with the song? .... and then noticed they labeled them on screen ... spoilsports!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, Miichan tweeted this pics about the performance

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1298567657663246339
    =========================
    #FNS歌謡祭  ご視聴ありがとうございました。 メンバーそれぞれがAKBの代表的な衣装で、メドレーを歌わせていただきました。私はメジャーデビューシングル「会いたかった」の自分の衣装を久しぶりに!!!!14年前って驚き。楽しかったー
    ---------------------------------------------
    #FNS歌謡祭 Thank you for your viewing. Each member sang a medley in a representative costume of AKB. I haven't seen my costume for the major debut single "I wanted to see you" for the first time in a while! !! !! !! I was surprised 14 years ago. It was fun
    ---------------------------------------------

ow, and of course I wonder who would be wearing their own original costumes?
    Yukiring gave the answer, she and Miichan ....
    https://twitter.com/Yukiriiiin__K/status/1298561519081287680
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan did another co-operation with Kawakita Yusuke, now for a campaign Lauren Mercier, where he coached her in applying make-up

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    What happened to her graduation, still no info? Is she going to pretend her graduation announcement never happened or what? :fp:

6. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think they're waiting for the pandemic to die down so fans can all enjoy seeing her concerts and my guess it probably will be later this year or early to mid next year

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

AKB48 is already dead. That is why she is not in such a hurry to say goodbye to something that no longer exists.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    maybe or since they company switched they are trying to adjust just because akb48 seems dead to other people that doesn't mean it dead to the members I'm pretty sure they trying their best revive akb48 to what it was before 2012 or 2013 when things started to downfall I think?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  9. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    It's for sure because of the pandemic, I just don't understand the rush of some people for her to graduate, she isn't hurting anyone by being in AKB.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Statham48

Statham48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    And I'm sure whatever she wanted to do post graduation was also affected by Covid.
    I hope she stays as long as she needs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    yeah I'm just happy as long as she's happy she really do love the group so much so I'm glad this is an opportunity to continue to be in it also even if she did graduate she would still have to stay in the group for 2 months before the theater graduation so she can have time to prepare her next career path.

[​IMG]

just found this photo

mod note: please don't post twice in the same day, next time please edit your previous post, thanks, Dutchie ;)
    Unless someone responded, then you can of course post to respond to that post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ok ... I'm having a bit of a wtf? moment ...
    Yukirin and Miichan doing 私は私?

https://twitter.com/y_y_yuchan/status/1300383955514880002

'Watashi wa Watashi' is so very much Miichan's song, IMHO
    It's about her seeing her peers moving up into Kami-7 and sort of leaving her behind, and her fears and doubts about that

and as such it also was fitting for Miki to perform it when she graduated ... as she also for sure felt that Naachan and Mako-chan moved up while she didn't gain much traction in the SSK

to be honest ... Yukirin ... well, never has experienced any of this
    so in that respect .... nah .... wrong person to sing this, but that's just my very personal opinion

And yeah, that's the downside of writing songs so very much tailored to one member I guess.

Btw Miichan has sort of gone on record that she doesn't want to perform 私は私 at her graduation concert.

(and yeah, I know it's not her song .... but is still *her* song :), if you know what I mean )

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    um... You know that the setlist of these stage were chosen by the performing members, right? And despite everything, Mii-chan is Yukirin senior (it's pretty obvious in the stage how Mii-chan is the one in charge here)

15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't care ... it's what I feel

and no, I didn't know, and that doesn't make a difference either

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I can see where you're coming from but I don't think they put that much thought into it. It was a two-person performance and they probably chose songs where they thought "which songs are ours/associated with us." I just took a look at the full setlist

1. Temodemo Namida
    2. Heart Gata Virus
    3. MC
    4. Kimi ni Koi wo Shita (Miichan solo)
    5. Junai no Crescendo (Miichan solo)
    6. MC
    7. Short Cake (Yukirin solo)
    8. Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate (Yukirin solo)
    9. MC
    10. Namida no Hyomen Chouryoku
    11. MC
    12. Yokaze no Shiwaza (originally Yukirin solo > duet)
    13. Watashi wa Watashi (originally Miichan solo > duet)
    14. MC
    15. Ponytail to Shushu
    EDIT: I realised the above setlist is the one from June 21st. Here is the one from August 31st:

1. Heart Gata Virus
    2. Tonari no Banana
    3. MC
    4. Sayonara ni Kidzuite (Miichan solo)
    5. Junai no Crescendo (Miichan solo)
    6. MC
    7. Shortcake (Yukirin solo)
    8. Kimi wa Pegasus (Yukirin solo)
    9. MC
    10. Namida no Hyomen Chouryoku
    11. MC
    12. Yokaze no Shiwaza (originally Yukirin solo > duet)
    13. Watashi wa Watashi (originally Miichan solo > duet)
    14. MC
    15. Flying Get
    If you think about center positions in AKB48 (+ NMB & NGT for Yukirin), solo singles (Miichan doesn't have a solo career), subunit singles (No Sleeves vs French Kiss) and Stage center positions, Miichan is very limited in all the songs that are available to her. Miichan has a total of 11 songs available to her and Yukirin has 41 :shocku:

AKB48 center positions
    1. Densetsu no Sakana (LOVE TRIP b-side center)
    2. Mata Anata no Koto wo Kangaeteta (High Tension b-side center)
    3. Mata Aeru Hi Made (Shitsuren, Arigatou b-side center)
    No Sleeves solos
    1. Sayonara ni Kizuite (Kuchibiru Furezu b-side solo)
    2. Hanbunko (Pedicure day b-side solo)
    3. Kimi ni Koi wo Shita (Kirigirisu Jin b-side solo; already performed)
    4. Watashi wa Watashi (No Sleeves album b-side solo)
    Stage center positions
    1. Omoide Ijou (Team B 1st Waiting Stage center)
    2. Kono Mune no Barcode (Team 4 2nd Stage center)
    3. Kuroi Tenshi (1st Special Stage center)
    4. 22nin Shimai no Uta (Team K 4th Stage center)

48 Group Center positions
    1. Green Flash (A-side Wcenter with Kojiharu)
    2. Enkyori Poster (Sakura no Shiori b-side center)
    3. Love Jump (Chance no Junban b-side Wcenter with Mayuyu)
    4. Yobisute Fantasy (Ue kara Mariko b-side Wcenter with Mayuyu)
    5. Hitsujikai no Tabi (GIVE ME FIVE! b-side Wcenter with Mayuyu)
    6. Seigi no Mikata Janai Hero (UZA b-side Wcenter with Paruru)
    7. Sokode inu no unchi fun jau ka ne? (So long! b-side Wcenter with Paruru)
    8. Romance Kenjuu (Sayonara Crawl b-side Wcenter with Paruru)
    9. Tiny T-shirt (Heart Ereki b-side center)
    10. Loneliness Club (Kibouteki Refrain b-side Wcenter with Mayuyu)
    11. Kanashii Uta wo Kikitaku Natta (Shoot Sign b-side duet with Mayuyu)
    12. Kyousen Kyotei (Rashikunai b-side Wcenter with Sayanee)
    13. Akigan Punk (Seishun Doki b-side Wcenter with Kitarie)
    14. Jouhatsu Shita Suibun (Haru wa Doko kara kuru no ka? b-side center)
    Solo Singles
    1. Shortcake (solo single; already performed)
    2. Soredemo Nakanai (Shortcake b-side)
    3. Sakura no Ki ni Narou acoustic ver. (Shortcake b-side)
    4. Class Kai no Ato de (Shortcake b-side)
    5. Jealousy Punch (Shortcake b-side)
    6. Birthday Wedding (solo single)
    French Kiss center positions
    1. Demo ne Zutto (Birthday Wedding b-side)
    2. Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate (Birthday Wedding b-side solo & Team B 4th Stage center; already performed)
    3. Ashita mo Waraou (Birthday Wedding b-side)
    4. Sokkenai Kimi (solo single)
    5. Yokaze no Shiwaza (Zutto Mae Kara b-side solo & Team B 5th Stage solo; already performed)
    6. Chinmoku (If b-side solo)
    7. Candle no Shin (Saisho no Mail b-side duet with Kuramochi)
    8. Last train (Saisho no Mail b-side duet with Akicha)
    9. Mayonaka no Hamigaki (Saisho no Mail b-side solo)
    10. Kazanbai (Romance Privacy b-side solo)
    11. Hiroi Sekai no Naka de Deaeta Koto (Omoidasenai Hana b-side solo)
    Stage Center positions
    1. Namida no Shounan (Team B 2nd Stage center)
    2. Koi no PLAN (Team B 2nd Stage center)
    3. Temodemo no Namida (Team B 3rd Stage center/duet with Saeki Mika; already performed)
    4. Namida no Shizumu Taiyou (Team B 1st Waiting Stage center & Team Surprise 1st Stage center)
    5. Haru ga Kuru Made (Team B 6th Stage duet with Mayu)
    6. Coin Toss (7th Special Stage; more associated with Naachan though because it's her version on the album)
    7. Zipper (NMB48 Team N 3rd Stage center)
    8. Anata to Christmas Eve (NGT48 Team NIII 1st Stage duet with Sato Anju)
    9. Zankoku na Ame (NGT48 Team NIII 3rd Stage duet with Ogino Yuka)
    10. Inori wa Donna Mirai mo Shiawase ni Kaeru (NGT48 Team NIII 3rd Stage center)

Looking at Miichan's song list and how known the songs are to fans, I'd say Watashi wa Watashi was kind of the only option. Her second solo for this stage (Junai no Crescendo) was originally a Takamina center song, so she already did a song there that probably wasn't necessarily associated with her. I'd say she could have performed Kuroi Tenshi because that's a fairly known song but I don't associate that with her and I personally feel that's a song for bratty, young members; but Kuroi Tenshi also wouldn't have worked so well with Yokaze no Shiwaza (which is about walking alone at night, feeling cold in the wind and missing someone).

I can understand not wanting Yukirin – who didn't have to worry about not catching up with her peers – to perform Watashi wa Watashi. However, if you look at the lyrics from a 2020 perspective, it feels to me like she could also be saying "all my friends have moved on with their lives, they're doing bigger things than AKB and I am/we are still here." In that sense, I think Yukirin (as the only Team B member left) can relate to the lyrics.

I know that's not what they're originally about, but I could image that's how Miichan might feel about the song now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Article written by Miichan about her graduation and alcohol abstinence
    https://mirror.asahi.com/article/13600879

[​IMG]

To be honest ... it's a bit disturbing, she talks about drinking because when the amount of jobs went down after the scandal she felt bored and lonely and it was a way to fill the time, and as a result gaining weight.
    (but Miichan is kinda known for having a negative self-image)

I know Shiichan said she felt lonely when she was living with Rie and Rie got more and more jobs while she stayed at home, same goes for Miichan at that time of course, all her friends where busy in senbatsu related jobs (on the other hand, I think making her Team 4 captain for a part filled that void)

On the positive side, her graduation combined with the COVID pandemic and her alcohol ban seems to have re-invigorated her, she decided to make a change by graduating ... and then the pandemic made her see things differently.

She is 27 years old, single, and has been an idol for 14 years.
    She was scheduled to end her idol career with a grand finale this spring, but due to the effects of a new type of corona that shook the world, her concert was postponed and she was unintentionally left out of the idol program.
    As the last member of AKB48, she announced her graduation with great determination.
    Corona... But surprisingly, this period of time has become an opportunity for me to look at myself again.
    As a 27-year-old woman, a woman of my age and a working idol, I'd like to talk about my past and what I think about now, which I can't really say out loud.

After the dizzying pace of my debut settled down, I realized that "I'm not a boring person

We debuted in the third semester of our first year of junior high school, and thankfully we were slowly and steadily getting busier and busier as we struggled to keep up with the daily whirlwind of work, with little time for ourselves.
    Performances, lessons, events, interviews and TV recordings.
    I only had three days off a year between 2010 and 2011, when I was at my busiest.
    Looking back on it now, I feel like I was in the most fulfilling time of my life, living in a really blessed environment where I was able to live and be sought after.

One of the negative effects of this was that I didn't have any hobbies.
    I didn't realize this until after I wasn't getting as much work as I used to.

Amidst personal scandals and the generational shift in AKB48, I had less work and more time to myself.
    At the same time, for the first time in my life, I fell into a sense of being bored and bored with my time.
    I had been so busy that I hadn't been able to face myself, and I didn't know what I wanted to do or what I should be doing, so I spent most of my time drinking.

Some online news outlet described me as "the woman who comes when you call her.

As soon as I turned 20 years old, I started drinking to my heart's content, immersed in the exuberance that only comes with drinking, the security of being able to spend late into the night with friends, and always gathering at the same restaurant with the same group of people at the end of the workday, which was a kind of escape from reality.
    My saving grace in those days was that I was busy.
    No matter how much fun you had, the next day would come and start the busy day of being an idol.
    So that balanced it out.
    But what about when your work stopped working as well as you wanted?
    I teased that I didn't have to think about the next day or condition myself, and I spent my free time drinking until I wanted to.
    As a result, I was neglecting the work I'd been given, gaining weight from the closing carbs, and being lazy and idle.

That said, I'm not a particular fan of alcohol.
    I'm not at all familiar with the types or tastes.
    I was just lonely.

I guess I was happy to hear my cell phone ring when I was alone in my room at night, and I was happy to have that feeling of being able to communicate with the tool of alcohol.
    I felt safe in the belief that I was needed for such things.
    It's the completion of "the woman who comes when you call," as some internet news outlet put it.

Thanks to Corona, I experienced "life as a person" for the first time.

Those days don't last long enough for me to enjoy them... I'd like to say that they don't last as long as I thought they would, but they lasted longer than I thought they would and it's 2019.
    My days of feeling overwhelmed by emptiness finally showed up and I felt strongly that I couldn't let this happen.

I wanted to change my half-heartedness in everything, so I decided to graduate.
    The sobriety I started with it (now on day 267).
    The new Corona came out of nowhere.
    All of this came together to make me realize that I hadn't been living a very good life.
    I hadn't been living the "life" too much.
    I haven't said this anywhere, but from the time I turned 20 years old and started living on my own, I had been asking for a housekeeper once a week as recommended by the staff who had been looking after me at that time. She took care of all the household chores, including cleaning and laundry, as well as shopping for supplies.
    It's not a bad thing for a wealthy, busy adult to rely on that, in fact, I think it's more efficient.
    However, I knew that a little girl who was no longer so busy, and not having made up her mind at the age of 20, would not be able to rely on it forever.
    But it was hard to say goodbye to the easy life she had once had, and she was having a hard time making up her mind, when a request for self-restraint at the Corona abruptly removed the weekly routine.

I woke up in the morning, went to work, went out for a drink, repeatedly, in a room that was just a box that existed for sleeping.
    I realized after washing the dishes, doing the laundry, cleaning the bathroom, and taking out the trash.

'We're all busy with our lives,'

He said the first thing I need to do is not find a hobby, or a correspondence course, much less a drink, but to make a living as a person.
    I didn't realize that until recently, which is a really scary story that happened.

All years sober, I looked for homework to do for myself. I wanted someone to admire me for it.

I'm too immature to be a working man like this, but I'm slowly starting to live my life.
    I'm also really enjoying my activities as an idle student.
    Even if it's a too small step, when you take the first step, you get greedy, and I, who have always been sober, started looking for homework in the time I still have left over from my life and idols.

Things that must be done, things that are due, time to think, and an environment of criticism.

I never thought the day would come when I would want to do the homework I hated in elementary school as an adult, but the serialization in Kagayo Kagami is just like the homework I was looking for and I'm very excited about it.
    It's the first homework I've received in a long time, and I want to tackle it diligently and carefully so that it doesn't end up being just a summer vacation.
    I don't want the days I couldn't do anything, the time I spent doing nothing, to be in vain.
    I want to be the one who is praised by someone else.

btw, this might be the first of a series ... not sure

• Like Like x 4
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Interesting article (and thanks to @dutchie for finding it). It's made me think of two contrasting 'candid' moments which I had 3 years apart that involved Miichan. Many people here who have written about their HS event experiences have mentioned the brief moment when you get to the head of the queue for the booth of the member you're about to meet, and at that point you get a brief glimpse into the booth of the member in the next lane, something you don't get when further back in the queue. Normally the 'next-door' member is herself meeting fans but sometimes they have no queue and they're usually passing the time chatting to the staff there (although I once saw Jiina from HKT48 deep in what looked like college study homework!).

As I've mentioned before, I met Miichan at a 2-shot event in 2017 but in 2016 and 2019 I found myself in the lane next to hers when I was queueing for Megu and Shiichan respectively. Both times she had no queue (although she did have one when I met her in 2017). At the first of those events in 2016 I glimpsed inside her booth and she seemed so sad, miserable and silent that I was really quite taken aback at how she looked, it was something that still makes an impression in my menory. However last year when I glimpsed into her booth she looked completely relaxed and was chatting happily with the staff.

So it seems to me just from those two brief glimpses that she's improved how she feels in recent years but particularly I agree that her recent alcohol ban seems to have re-invigorated her. She looks great in her YouTube videos and she seems to be very happy even though she's kind of 'stuck' waiting until her graduation can take place. I'm enjoying following her although of course I do hope she can move on to do what she wants to do outside of the group as soon as that's possible.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest 2016 didn't seem such a bad year for Miichan in general, apart from Takamina's graduation
    yeah, she just barely missed out on re-entering Senbatsu, but she had a leading role in a movie (although I have no idea how that performed) and her second photobook came out (although I have, again, no idea about sales figures)

but having to wait at your booth while no one shows up .... yeah, that is depressing though

20. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    The coronavirus delay is just an excuse at this point. Maiyan had to postpone her graduation too due to COVID, but then she chose an online graduation concert for this october in order to move on and not staying anymore in this stale position.

Lot of other girls graduated even if it was during these month of covid pandhemic, it's not like coronavirus really prevents you to graduate even if you want.
    Truth is that she probably changed idea and she pretends her announcement never happened so she could stay more years leeching on the group and having a secured salary. The same Miichan we all know well.

• Dislike Dislike x 5