1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shibata Yuna (Yunchan) / 4th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by eternalord, Nov 30, 2018.

1. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I've already made a post about what would've been my ideal Nogi's 4th gen and which members of sister groups I would've picked. You can look at it here.

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/what-if-you-were-nogizakas-management.23366/

Due to some members, 4th gen in general seems so childish, average, more approachable, and made to be appreciated mostly by lewd old otaku who are looking for these kind of idols, the exact opposite of the image the senpai built of classy, elegant, mature, talented in various things, above average and funny girls with defined personalities.

I quote here a comment that user @mayuri91 made a year ago which I can totally relate cause these are kinda my same feelings.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I thought for 3 nin no Principal 4th Gen had put every member in at least once. If not, that's troubling sign for Yuna. She's following in YAC's path. I wonder if the poor showing has limited what management has given her. I thought her part in Saru ni Au wasn't the greatest especially given that she was primarily the sleepy type. And on Nogi Skits she doesn't get too much to do in the Superhero Yuri skit.

Maybe she'll break out in the future. Certainly with the gaps being open by senpai graduations she may fit into one.

I see 4th Gen in a different light. The problems with 2nd and 3rd Gen is that Nogi 1st Gen is pretty legendary and they pretty much dominated Nogi lineups for the past 8 years. 2nd Gen had the unfortunate problem of having to compete directly with 1st Gen in the early years. For 3rd Gen, they joined at the height of 1st Gens power and only have begun to be a force as graduations have allowed them to assume more prominent roles. 3rd Gen is still underwhelming if you compare where they are in their fourth year as compared to 1st Gen.

4th Gen has it better as they are not in the shadows of 1st Gen. They can define a new Nogizaka that isn't tied to the Nishino, Maiyan, Nanamin era. They will contribute more to Nogi's future direction as there are more opportunities available.

Currently I think that all 3rd and 4th Gens are Nogi's future so it is better to embrace them than to find fault with them.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

She has one skit when she's the leader (that cheerleading skits). Imo, for Nogi skits, their confidence also important since staff often ask what roles they want to play. And i think Yuna biggest problem is her low self-confidence.

5. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yuna is like a new version of Higuchi if I have to compare her to another member, that just seems 10x more bland. But Higuchi bloomed with a sexier but gentle aura, I really don't see Yuna being this way in a few years but who knows.

And yeah, I agree that 4th gen is the one who is going to bring a totally different Nogizaka from the one built by their senpai, 3rd gen's pillars somehow are following that pattern Nogi's pillars released more: beutiful elegant and funny girls, ethereal and glamorous. While 4th gen doesn't seem Nogizaka at all, or at least not the Nogizaka that started to establish its well known identity. If I exclude maybe 1-2 members, it seems more a gen from a 48 group, if you know what I mean... to feel that Nogizaka in a few years is gonna change drastically makes and represented me sad, to think we're not gonna have anymore something like this, a senbatsu full of ethereal beauties, everyone with its own distinguishing features and that different, mature and pure vibe... that's so sad.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    It makes me sad I can't connect with 4th gen they way I would've liked, yeah there are some members that I like but it's nothing compared to the love I felt for most of 1st gen members..., and I can connect much more with 3rd gen in general.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Couldn't find this ethereal beauty, elegance, mature, and pure vibe in their first 2 years on the industry tho..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
  8. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 9
  10. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
  12. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 8
  13. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
  14. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Her blog title sound like a song title.:)

16. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    It’s from Yonbanme no Hikari. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    I kinda understand what you meant, 4th gen are like 48 girls but they are more refined but not at Nogi's refined-princess tier like just yet and 3rd gen can be said considerably the closest to Nogi's core image.
    On side note, 4th gen is also considerably still kids by age so prolly some will develop a more Nogi-like character. I personally enjoy 4th gen in their own cute way but as you said if we were to lose the refined-princess image, which is Nogizaka46's very own image, it's kinda sad.

I guess this is our last saving grace. Time.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  18. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
  19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    The mole on her forehead is so cute.:inlove: this hair style looks great on her.

20. halcyon

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 7