1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Miichan has a very calming and soothing voice. I think her ability to sing has always been undermined a bit because it doesn't have an edge or any peculiarity to it if that makes sense? There were other talented singers in the 1st Gen as well (Takamina, Hoshino Michiru) and she ended up being known for her funny personality rather than her singing abilities. I really liked that cover.

That outtake at the end of the video made me chuckle though lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    While watching I went .... my, she's really identifying with that song ..... is that a tear she's wiping away ...?
    Well, I think we agree about that then, there are just 2 with the kind of pleated 'chearleader' skirts, so I guess maybe they concluded it was a bit too plain and they added some more detail too it?

edit:
    I changed my conclusion... looking at this pic
    [​IMG]
    I'm concluding it's a 'belt' ... and I now conclude that they must somehow have forgotten it in the overview gallery (but I'm now going to look for that 2018 Kohaku performance :) )

ok, found a clip .... the belt was there in 2018 .... Miichan otoh ... wasn't
    you can see the uniform at 2:45 .... left most member

OOOO...... free roaming credit cards .... danger, will robinson, danger!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    which bit of the concert was it? i'm not asking to send the performance again, just which part of the setlist

4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I was the opening of the AKB 2020 only concert, where all the members enter the stage ordered by generation ..... it ends with Myao, Shiichan and Yukirin welcoming the audience and then inviting the audience to call out Miichan .... 'se no, Miichan!!!' who enters like a queen under the chants of her name by the audience:)
    (well, not dressed as a queen ... but still) everyone is in red with white uniforms except for the seniors/senbatsu who are in the white with gold uniforms Miichan and the other 5 remaining 1st gens wore when performing Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka at the original Tokyo Dome concert.

it's one of those openings that if you show it to people never having heard of AKB48, they will go ..... "does it ever stop with the new girls entering? how many girls are there??" it's just one stream of girls entering ... singing a part .... then moving to the side or the back

btw. this was an abridged version

Miichan appeared on the "FM93 / AM1242 Nippon Broadcasting System " #AKB48 2029 Radio-To you in 10 years" program ... which seems to be a kind of successor show to AKB all night nippon?
    She talked about her postponed graduation concert ... and there is something with a compact cassette as a timecapsule? Miion was the co-host (unless I'm mistaken)

(compact cassette? in 2020?? :), as I learned from Techmoan there is just one manufacturer of Compact Cassete player mechanisms, and it's a very low quality one as well, I wonder, in 2029 ... will anyone be able to play it? (he had a nice episode about a Korg personal karaoke player this week btw))

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Setlist

M01. Kimi to Niji to Taiyou to

AKB48 Kousagi Dojo
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else remember this show

Mod note: do not double-post. If you need to add something to your previous post, use the "Edit" link.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Pretty sure most of us do, to be honest, it wasn't the best of AKB's TV shows and on top of it during it's run the scandal happened as well.

Miichan was ok, so was Terry-san, but the concept/format was just not that good imho, although you had that segment in which a member told about a problem or confession, which gave you the opportunity to learn something more about that particular member.
    But the base idea of helping teenagers with their problems didn't really work for me.
    Dance section at the end was ok.

Episode 5 is the episode right after Miichan's scandal and is as such different, as it focuses on the members and their challenges and is probably the most interesting.

In contrast to Snack Kissa Eden, which ended right after the scandal (as planned), Kousagi Dojo continued on till March 2014 with Miichan as co-host, something that will probably have irked some fans (especially the fans of members who got fired after a scandal)

I do think the show suffered from the scandal as Miichan lost much of her 'spunk', having to be on her best behaviour, as for sure she felt she was being watched.

It's a thing to remember when Miichan fans start ranting about how management hated/hates Miichan for the scandal, that's just, imho, demonstrable untrue, quite the opposite even I think.`
    She spend just 7 months as a kenkyusei before being made Team 4 captain, that was of course mainly because it was time to promote the 13th and 14th generation, but still
    And she's been part of many a senbatsu after the scandal, if management 'hated' Miichan, she would just have ended as a theatre girl in relative obscurity.
    But maybe, as with Sasshii, they also saw the potential there was, and imho, if that's true, they were right.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

I have a Pioneer DC Z-72 (Made in Japan) double cassette player produced in the late 80's and hundreds of cassettes.

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't doubt that but that's 30 years old now, and if for instance belts aren't produced anymore at some time it will be impossible to fix it should it break

not that I'm saying storing thing digitally is sure to be working in 10 years time ... remember things like RealPlayer, the list of obsolete media types growing every year.

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't think cassettes are that out of date as people might think. I bought the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 soundtrack on a cassette, and I remember another western artist (Melanie Martinez) selling her albums on CDs, digital and as cassettes.

It's not the norm for sure but it still exists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

In Japan they have been selling cassettes tape for years.

It's like vinyl records in the West that are still being sold.

You just have to hear the sound that these formats make that sounds very different from digital.

It could also be that when buying digital musical you feel that you are not the owner because it is not tangible apart from its sound.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, technically/legally speaking you aren't the owner ... you buy a license to play an album or song (as with most other software)

but I never wanted to imply that cassettes aren't being used ... it's indeed just as vinyl ... with the added bonus for cassettes the low cost of distribution compared with other physical media, but there is still the issue that at the moment ther is just one supplier of a rather low level cassette mechanism.
    so unless some manufacturer decides it's worthwhile to enter the cassettedeck market with a high quality machine everyone looking for one has to rely on 'new old stock'

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The last supplier of cassette mechanisms is Tanashin - I've put the video from the British YT channel Techmoan which @dutchie referred to in the spoiler below (the section is between about 2 and 8 minutes):

if the video does not show watch the video here
    However I'm sure there'll be something in 2029 which Miichan's tape can be played on, but probably made with a Tanashin mechanism!

13. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

I think there was instant recording there. To the left of the picture is a portable radio&cassette recorder-player on the table.

It was given as a gift with all accessories (radio, 6 cd changer, turntable) on my birthday 15 14 years ago. Necessary maintenance was done before coming to me.

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    New column by Miichan
    Minegishi Minami: "I'm too jealous to face NiziU, but I'm even more afraid of losing my jealousy

https://mirror.asahi.com/article/13729816

Minegishi Minami: "I'm too jealous to face NiziU, but I'm even more afraid of losing my jealousy.

Minegishi Minami
    2020/09/16
    supporter of

Minegishi Minami, the last member of AKB48, has been an idol for 14 years. Her graduation has been postponed due to the effects of the new model of corona, and she has debuted as a columnist in Kagayo Kagami! Looking back on her days as an idol, she says, "I've lived my life by being praised by others as my motivation," and faces her "homework.
    Minegishi Minami's "If possible, I want to be praised again tomorrow.
    Minegishi Minami's 'I'd like to be praised again tomorrow if I could'
    Go to the list of articles in this series
    I looked at NiziU, trying, struggling, and thought. 'Oh, that's the one I can't see.'

NiziU is an idol group that is currently captivating the public.
    The first time I saw them was during their self-restraint period. It was a morning information show that I was watching in a daze as my life rhythm went haywire and I stayed awake.

It was the episode where a 15-year-old girl named Mihi, not much older than the year I debuted, was singing a ballad with unparalleled vocal prowess, and the show showed the efforts and struggles she went through to achieve this amazing performance.
    In my dazed consciousness, my mind was definitely working, but I intuitively thought.
    I thought to myself, "Oh, I can't watch this.

When I thought about why I was feeling this way about Rainbow Pro, which I hadn't even seen properly yet, the answer was simple, and it's a little embarrassing to put into words again.

The girl who sings and dances and exposes her growth process
    I selfishly pile on this part of the little information I have about the rainbow pro on top of the one I had when I was working the hardest, and this also selfishly makes me jealous that I'm not working as hard as I was then. It's a feeling of jealousy that comes from being jealous of the person you wanted to be, even though you are afraid that a third party might say, "I'm not in the same league as you," or "You're not even in the same stage," and leave you alone.

The word "jealousy" does not have a humid meaning of resentment or hatred, but simply a feeling of ooohhhh, I'm so jealous!

Idols are a battlefield. I was jealous of the fact that everyone seems to have different weapons from me.

When I think about it, I feel like I've always been envious of other people.

The girl who liked the boy I liked in elementary school, the girl who was the prettiest girl in my grade in junior high school.
    When I joined AKB48, I realized that the girls I liked were not just from within AKB48, but from all directions, from the girls who shone brightly.

Morning Musume。 The Morning Musume.
    Momokuro's smiling face was always on display, and their small number of members kept the audience excited.
    E-girls who wear the latest fashion and make the envy of the girls with their dance moves.
    Recently, I watched a video of their live performance recommended by a junior member of the group and I couldn't help but feel jealous of their aura of making the audience happy with their music, rather than having their fans support them.

There are countless other beings who are so great that jealousy drives me crazy, and the examples I've just given are just a few of them, but they all seem to be fighting on the same battlefield with something that I don't have, and I still can't face up to the fact that I'm in bad shape. The truth is, I'm so bothered by it that I can't stop worrying about it.

The only person who can save me in the end is me. I'll admit my strengths.

So when I think about whether it's the right answer to live a lifetime of turning away from the object of my admiration and envy, my personal answer is no.
    It seems like such a waste of time to go without knowing the content that people are passionate about. But it would be mind-numbing if we were ruled by mulling emotions every time we do.
    So what should we do?

It may seem easy, but it's not. The eternal theme of negativity is to admit yourself.
    I think that's all it comes down to.

We have songs that only AKB48 can sing, our costumes are always the cutest, and the bonds we've formed with our fans through our handshakes and general elections are as strong as any other group. This is how we acknowledge and develop our strengths and work hard where we fall short. It's one of the things I've learned at this age that the only person who can save me is myself.

I'm more afraid of losing my jealousy and admiration than anything else.

What I fear more than anything else is that I will become insensitive to jealousy and admiration as I avoid and stifle it.
    It's easy in a way to give up on everything, quit trying, and get older and older, talking to the TV with a piece of candy in hand, saying "I'm an idol - I'm young and pretty", but I don't want to be like that. That's why I think I have no choice but to face the glitter of the world and turn my feelings of envy into energy and continue to desperately jitter around.

Oh, but I like the way my AKB48 peers, Acchan and Takamina, say, "Idols are cute..." without any hint of resignation, but rather a sense of composure and nostalgia that they are fighting somewhere else.
    I'll have to wait and see if I'll be able to become such a mature woman after graduation, or if I'll be freed from these feelings once I'm no longer an idol, but we'll have to wait and see.

As I was thinking about this, I watched the "Matsuko Conference" last night, which was automatically recorded by the new fancy recorder I paid a lot of money for.
    It was a discussion between J.Y. Park, the producer of NiziU, and Matsuko-san. I was impressed when J.Y. Park said, "One of the most beautiful things in this world is the eyes of a newcomer.
    I felt compelled to be a witness to those eyes, which I may have once had.

Facing the rainbow project that moves people the most right now.
    To that end, I started thinking about joining hulu (which offers exclusive coverage of the Niji Productions auditions) on my own, despite my mechanical deafness.
    In order to grow as a performer and a human being living in 20 years, I'm going to start with the credit card I recently got.

At first glance it seems to be a tale about just negative emotions, jealousy, envy, even fear.
    But in the end I don't think it is, it's more about growth and self-worth.

and jealousy is ok if it's fuelling ambition and not about begrudging someone else's possessions or achievements
    And Miichan makes it pretty clear she doesn't begrudge anyone anything ...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    NEWS Post Seven has published an online article containing what appears to be paparazzi-style photos of various celebrities out in public, the theme of the article being the face masks they're each wearing. One of the people featured is Miichan. As it would appear that the photos may well have been taken without her permission I'm reluctant to post them here but I'll place the link to the article in the spoiler:

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The one on page one we've seen before.... and Miichan looks very stylish in that (and you can see Miichan has seen the photographer)

o, the others are from the same time .... what can I say ... Miichan look glorious in the simple black dress

'よく手入れされたツヤ髪'
    'Well-maintained and shiny hair'

but ... snapshots of celebs with face masks? can someone explain me why that would be news worthy?
    In each in every documentary when members arrive at the theatre, about half of them (even more) wear facemasks

it would be newsworthy if celebs flagrantly ignore the social distancing rule ... that's a scoop

ow, I ran the article through a translator (which I should have done before responding :) )
    the article is about what clothes celebs wear when wearing a face mask .i.e. it's about fashion

I don't think Miichan will object to such praise even if she would object to the invasion of privacy.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    New YouTube video

making one of her favorite foods .... Gyoza :)

=====================
    This time, I wrapped the gyoza with the image of a work movie which can be watched while doing something or before going to bed.
    I hope you will enjoy watching me wrapping them quietly from past midnight, along with an update on my recent activities.

I'd like to talk about my new column series, my abstinence from alcohol, my favorite music, etc.
    I don't hesitate to talk about things that don't have a lot of content to fit into a short video, so I hope you'll feel more familiar with me.

One of the highlights of this video is my newly painted nails, which glimmer and glow every time I wrap up a dumpling.
    Be sure to pay attention to that as well.

May it be the perfect accompaniment to a sleepless night.
    Good night.
    -------------------------------------

it seems they are correcting the position of her lower jaw?

to be honest, this is quite a good format ... keeping the fans up to date while making gyouza (not that I understand much of it) ... it's informal and personal .... I like the idea

ok, put a bit more effort into listening, dieting comes up, eating 'tabemasu', not eating 'tabenai', juice, pasta and hamburger.
    Nyan-nyan is mentioned as well as miki-chan :)

ow, btw .... it clocks in at around 30 minutes

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  18. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    At this point miichan should have a cooking segment on her channel like have a specific day every week it could be called cooking with miichan. Ooh or have a cooking show where she invites members and other celebs on her show and she cook
    for them and talk with them or have games and they try her food she makes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    One problem .... I don't think Miichan is a really good cook :D
    (even though she did quite a few cooking shows, but then again ... almost 50% of the tv programs is celebs traveling somewhere, visiting a site .... and trying the local cuisine ... rinse, repeat :D )

well... time to post and old clip .... the show was スープカレー (Suupu karee) 'Soup Curry' and featured TEAM-NACS, including Miichan's co-star from Moshidora, 大泉 洋, Ōizumi Yō

Ōizumi Yō and Miichan made a great variety couple :)

and it looks mostly improvised as well

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    In the Yuunamogi YT video about the online handshake event (which is a huge logistical undertaking btw, just think of the bandwidth you need voor all those stream) you can briefly see Miichan hanging out with Miion having her lunch.

I get the feeling Miion and Miichan are getting closer, because before you didn;t see them together all that much

and that ties in with this tweet bij Miichan

https://twitter.com/mionnn_48/status/1309721504620314625
    =============
    ゆうなぁが会うたびにお下がり着てて可愛い おんはいつもあげたリュック持ってる もぎはあんまり会えない
    -----------------------
    Every time I see Yuna, she looks so cute in her hand-me-downs.
    She always has that backpack I gave her.
    You don't get to see a lot of Mogi.
    -----------------------

to which Miion responded
    もぎィ…

I guess she felt left out :)

(ow, as an aside Naachan looked sexy in that video, I guess I have a thing for bare shoulders .... )

@Rurouni reported that Naachan wore a dress she got from Miichan and one of the replies to Miichan's tweet mentions Miion saying on SNS she wore clothes she got form Miichan as well, so that explains why Miion felt left out :)

I guess it's a time honored tradition for AKB senpai to pass on clothes to their kouhai, Takamina is known to have done that as well (although most members admitted on AKBingo they never wore them due to Takamina's fashion sense :) )
    And I guess being in the entertainment industry means they can't often reuse a dress for media appearances, explaining Miichan's well stocked walk in closet

ow .... new photosets

[​IMG][​IMG]

look who's there! .... beaver-chan! :D

(edit: found a translation of Miichan's tweet that made a bit more sense)

double promotion
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1309814997673934851
    =========
    Her lip toのワンピも最高 にゃんさしの敏腕が止まらない...
    -----------------
    Greige Quartz Her lip to dress is also the best Nyansashi's dexterity doesn't stop ...
    -----------------
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (not sure if Miichan just forgot the 'と' or Nyan-nyan and Sasshii are really one person now ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2