1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

I don't know why, but that description makes the term "Yamato Nadeshiko" pop up in my mind.

2. Gilrandy

Gilrandy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Sakurazaka is lame. We got Mayuzaka, Kojizaka, Sashizaka. Its like miyawaki sakura got her own backdancer.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Creative Creative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

So, somebody noticed that if you invert the colors of the Sakurazaka46 logo, it is a striking green on a black background!:D Hidden Ying and Yang message? The new "classic and glamorous" in white, still has that dark and green it came from?
    I'd like to think that.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

First time posting in the general thread in a long time and probably the last. I’m expecting to be downvoted, but I need some kind of closure.
    I fell in love with keyaki as a rock fan. Techi herself appeared more like a band’s frontman rather than an idol. I loved everything about keyaki: rebellious concept, meaningful lyrics, quality music, artistic MVs and choreographies, theatrical performances, cool costumes. I never liked idols, but the way I viewed keyaki was similar to a band or a theatre/dance company. Kuroi hitsuji was their highest peak on all levels; members contributed production-wise, and conveyed their own character properly.
    Techi played a considerable role into shaping the group’s identity, as members followed in her footsteps. I thought (hoped) that keyaki would have kept walking the same path even without her, since members had proven that they were capable to do so. However, the incompetent management, to say the least, decided to fuck it all up instead.

I was going to follow keyaki even after my oshi’s departure, except I hadn’t anticipated there would be no keyaki to follow anymore.
    Sakurazaka46? Sakura who? Narutozaka46 please give us sign! Terrible joke, but appropriate. Sakurazaka may surpass keyakizaka in sales, since generic pop idol groups have a wide appeal, but that’s about it. Welcome sakurazaka aka nogizaka wannabe.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Well, I don’t think anyone should downvote you for your opinion. But I do think it’s premature to make judgments and cast aside a group that hasn’t even debuted yet.

Yuuka said she wants the group to maintain their current color, to continue to sing Keyaki songs, and deliver powerful, meaningful messages with their music that we all know and love. Maybe that’s just the members’ wishful hopes, but they know more than us and more than the media. Even if their new name is Sakurazaka, I honestly cannot picture the current girls, especially 1ki, suddenly going the traditionally cute or sexy pop idol route.

• Like Like x 2
  7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Still feeling surprised to see /learn that the name will truly be "Sakurazaka46", but considering the group I have been following for years is about to change their name (technically for a 2nd time) I think this is only natural lol. I know I like "Keyakizaka46" not because of the name or green color, so I'll get over it soon

Thanks for those who explained what the reporter thought their direction will be in a much better, detailed way than me!

I don't think they will give them something similar to Nogi / Hinata (for obvious reasons), the announcement CM is dramatic in Keyaki-like way so I think they'll stay with the usual route just... Nothing that is too dark or too edgy anymore, maybe. More moderated, so no one will ever fall in a dark hole again

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I'll reserve judgment until the first, ehem, "debut" single :XD:

Like any Keyaki fan I have grown fond of the name and remember those who were part of it: Manaka, Yone, Zuumin, Mon, Dani, Techi, etc. I maybe in the minority, but I like the name a lot. Its a fresh start, the members are free to express themselves without the burden of the past

In Sakurazaka46 I trust.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Like @too much idea said, I also fell in love with the group and not the name. I was all for the concept but fell in love more with the group than the concept. I wouldn't want them to go all generic tho. Releasing cute songs once in a while will be OK. After listening to Sajin, I felt the keyaki I know. At last, there they are. I believe that kind of song is gonna suit their new name and I am all in for it. There will be heartbreak and all that but that is only 2nd to last when it come to this group that I love

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you for this... I see people trying to push Keyaki members into the "elegant and glamorous" box in any way they can, but really, calm down lol
    You look like you never seen Ozeki run before [hehe] (Or Akiho skipping, for the matter)
    Hopefully during Last Live we'll get the 1st Sakurasong.. and there we'll see where all of this will going. But really, I feel people are making the same mistake they made with Keyaki... trying to define the group with 2 words and that is.
    We have always been way more than that. And the new group wouldn't be different.

Also, the white logo is cool, the pink for the kanji is kind of hm... hope it becomes a little more dark.
    As for the name, Sakurazaka is pronounceable, but Sakurazakaforthysix sounds weird to me lol

And Sakurakids seems like we are all Sakura's children [hehe] gonna find a new one

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Lolol I already see the girls as glamorous so I just accepted it

• Like Like x 1
  12. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

But they never had fixed songwriters or composers just working for this project to begin with. People submitted their work to the company and potential tracks were choosen by Aki-p and techi, as we all know now. So no matter what S&F are trying to sell people now, all the music in the kyz46's collection has techi's finger prints on it, including Darega sonokanewo narasunoka.
    Now if aki-p starts picking out tracks for skz46 by himself or asks one of the girls for input, that will shift the musical direction. Obviously Aki-p could just hire techi as an advisor for that, but what is the point with the name change.
    My take on the name is, they did marketing reseach for it and were planning to look outwards the japanese market. Just look at the reaction of some people here, proves that S&F were right again.

To be real honest I think it has something to do with Aki-p involved with the olympic show, sakura blossom being the national tree and timing...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

The moment jwotas started commenting about international comments and then when music day showed international comments on keyaki's intro, I knew snf might be focusing outside Japan. I am glad but somehow don't want it to be tat way. Well, let's see.

14. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Imagined Captain Yuuka saying this with her cute lisp

Ah, but then again she doesn't have to say the ke sound which gave her so much trouble before

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Can't wait for Inoue too [hehe]

16. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    i think the takahero-exclusivity will be gone. but rather than completely ditch the guy, maybe they'll be more open to switch choreographers like what they do in other groups. sort of like dance studios bidding for it in terms of best representation of the song and also, ofc for the best price

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    If this group becomes refined, glamorous and finally ends its dark emo vibe, which is not suited at all to mostly refined girls on their twenties currently on this group, I'll probably become a fan of Sakurazaka46. I like that kind of image, and I always though lot of current Keya girls would fit it very well. We'll have no more try-hard emo girls but a group of glamorous fashion models who will show their beauty side. I could even stan it even more than Nogizaka, cause honestly Keya's 2ki is miles better than Nogizaka's 4ki, and while in Nogi most of senpai are graduating, I see Sakurazaka still having its beauty and succesful aces (Kobayashi, Risa, Sugai etc.) for many more years. Sakurazaka's future seems brighter.

I am really excited for this new debut

• Like x 5
    • Dislike x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Loved Keyaki as they were, hope all that changed is the name and even without Hirate, I hope they somehow manage to deliver the song especially with the newly added 2nd gen members.

• Like Like x 1
  19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I definitely think they can continue their dark themed songs, but with a more mature concept. Rather than them saying "f*ck the adults who dont care about us" and "being a child is so painful i wanna die", they'll make music with more meaningful lyrics, continue with their sound that is popular with the general public, and go a little lighter on the choreography so they're not doing explosive moves that are a good form of expression for teens, but not so much for young adults. The dance style may be powerful but in an mature and elegant way.
    Besides, the 9 singles show us that keyaki can do multiple concepts very well, and their b-sides are gems! So I'm generally not worried at all about the group being changed as such. It will still be keyaki, but with a hopefully more competent group of management (it seems like they got a kick up their ass and actually bother to give us content these days) supporting the re-brand, and a more confident group of members who genuinely want to be there and don't feel like they have to rely on a singular member for the group to continue.

Personal note here, but coming from a 22 year old who is the same age as most 1ki keyaki members, I could relate to their songs a lot growing up, and it helped me through most of my college years. Now that i'm in the last year of university and will soon go into the 'adult world', this re-brand seems like a good turning point.. it's like i've grown with the group. I'm proud of the 1st gen graduates who want to experience a new environment outside of idol life, and the remaining 1st gen members who want to try out a new concept in their current environment. I'm positive the change will be a great one. :cute:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    It's been a long time but the name change from Keyakizaka to Sakurazaka is very interesting to me. I've actually thought about this topic for a while now and how it'll associate with the Keyakizaka girls as I think it's a new addition to their current variation and it's not a complete change from who they are. I think the Keyakizaka girls will stay who they are internally that is who they are as a person. The activities and the contributions will carry forward but I think this name change indicates a new side of discovery in a sense of what the Keyakizaka girls are most familiar with in association as a group based from their strongest personality, trait, or forte of which they most powerfully describe themselves to be through their artistic features of dance and expression. For me at least, I see new and unlimited types of potential that can be found, used, and created through this transition. There's more to see than what we have on the surface. The hidden abilities, strengths, and advantages all make this change much more interesting to me in relation to what surprises the Keyakizaka girls will do during this phase. Hopefully the outcome results in a positive factor in which the group can continue to grow and expand. That's about it from me and have a good day.