1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka46 1st [Nobody's Fault] (2020/12/09)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Sakurazaka46 1st Single
    Nobody's Fault

[​IMG]
    Release date: December 9th, 2020

Revealed during the Keyakizaka46 Last Live Day 2 encore, Sakurazaka will be releasing their first single on December 9th, 2020.

Senbatsu
    [​IMG]

Covers
    Type A - Type B - Type C - Type D - Regular Edition
    nobo1.jpg nobo2.jpg nobo3.jpg nobo4.jpg nobo5.jpg

Tracklist

1. Nobody's fault (Morita Hikaru center)
    2. Naze Koi wo Shitekonakattan darou? (Fujiyoshi Karin center)
    3a. Hanshinhangi
    3b. Plastic Regret
    3c. Saishuu no Chikatetsu ni Notte
    3d. Buddies (Yamasaki Ten center)
    3r. Blue Moon Kiss
    4-6. Off vocal versions for each type.

type a.jpg type b.jpg type c.jpg type d.jpg regular.jpg
    Courtesy of @sakuzakacentral

Music Video
    Title Song: Nobody's Fault (Morita Hikaru center)

if the video does not show watch the video here

B-side coupling songs:
    Naze Koi wo Shitekonakattan darou? (Fujiyoshi Karin center) | Buddies (Yamasaki Ten center)

Latest Performance Video
    Keyaki Last Live (First performance) | FNS 2020

if the video does not show watch the video here |

Handshake/Fan Events

Sakurazaka46's 1st Single "Nobody's Fault" will have Online "Meet & Greet" Event.

The purchase of the regular edition of the single through forTUNE Music will have the lottery application, similar to previous Regular Handshake Events.

Updated 10th November: Applications information for rounds 4, 5, and 6 available here https://fortunemusic.jp/
    Direct link: https://fortunemusic.jp/sakurazaka46_202012/

Trivia
    • First single from the group as 'Sakurazaka46'.
    • First physical release (non digital) single debut for all 2nd generation members.
    • First A-side (senbatsu) center for Morita Hikaru.
    • First B-side centers for Fujiyoshi Karin and Yamasaki Ten.
    • First and only Sakurazaka single to feature Matsudaira Riko (graduated).
    • Including Keyakizaka46 tenure, only Sugai Yuuka, Moriya Akanen, Habu Mizuho, Kobayashi Yui, Ozeki Rika, Koike Minami, and Watanabe Risa have been featured in all single senbatsu's.
    • Including Keyakizaka46 tenure, this is the first senbatsu to not include Saito Fuyuka, Watanabe Rika, Uemura Rina, Ishimori Nijika (graduated), and Sato Shiori (graduated).
    • The first single to implement the Sakura 8 system, similar to Nogizaka46's Fukujin system, where the members in rows 1 and 2 receive the most media attention and promotion for each single. While the Nogizaka46 Fukujin selection is only relevant to 1 A-side track, the Sakura 8 system is relevant to all tracks in the single, thus all 8 members in the 1st and 2nd row will feature in every track on this particular single. The remaining members will feature in songs on a rotational system.
    • The Music Video for Nobody's fault was filmed on Sago Island, Niigata Prefecture.
    • By the time this single is released, it would be the groups first physically released single in 1 year, 9 months, and 13 days.
    Will continue to update with all relevant information as it comes.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Disappointed by the center (but it was expected), disappointed by the song. And why only 14 senbatsu members? Rika isn't there cause she's going to graduate I think. But why to choose Ozeki?
    I'm really perplexed by this Sakurazaka start and I really wanted to love it. Let's see how the MV is going to be at least.

• Dislike Dislike x 21
    • Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Because Ozeki is great.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I've read the translation of the lyrics and it is meaningful. Cmiiw, it feels like a message to every member to move on. And, AkiP also uses Mori and Kaze word in it. Is it related to MouMori and Kaze ni?

Does anyone know who Derek Turner is? It is the first song in Sakamichi that is composed by foreign composer, right?

And, I also like the 14 members' formation. It reminds me of one of the best Nogi formations which are only 12 member formation, that performs one of their best songs. I hope with this less member formation, we can see more variation in its dance and performance.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thanks for the thread @minaeshi could you just put the new uniforms pictures though? They are quite pretty and since we turned the corner and started this chapter I think it would be right start with Sakura stuff. If you can't no problem, just a thought ^^

I'm not sure what to think about the song yet, so I'm waiting for the single to be released and judge it as whole.
    I loved the choreo though, sharp and delicate at the same time, but the skirt of the costume looked like it was restraining the girls movements instead of emphasize them in some parts.
    Best part of it, it's the pink shade on the bottom, even if the rest looked a little too bulky and verginal for my taste.
    I'm waiting for the MV now, I'm curious to see what kind of style they'll give to those as well. May come out something interesting.

It may be possible they chose only 14 members because of COVID... in this situation it's not something that can be overlooked, Unders will be few too so we may have two songs with two good choreos. Surely Unders don't lack talented people as well, and I'm quite curious to see how they'll react to this system and the change.

This said...
    GO OZEKI GO!!!! :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I really love nobody's fault lol. The beats and all and I am glad it still has the strong lyrics. Can't wait for the release

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I like it. Being in a minor key, with the crisp, jangly style guitars makes it sound like an aggressive attack on the senses.

The Keyakizaka style is still a little bit in there, as expected, it will take some time to find and stick to a new direction, but its a good start IMHO.

RunRun is queen. That little dynamo is going places.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    The senbatsu is 80% of what I previously predicted. The only things that surprised me were a smaller senbatsu and that Pe was dropped. I’m not against the small senbatsu since that means more spotlight on individuals. I hope non-senbatsu team gets a strong song/choreo. Hikaru center with RisaPon flanking is expected. Tbh Hikaru was never my top choice when it comes to Keyaki songs but Nobody’s Fault fits her a lot. The song also gives a bit different vibe than Keyaki songs as well. After listening to 1.25 speed, the normal speed now seems a bit slow to me but we’ll see. Not a fan of song seifuku, I’d prefer the top part to be more fitting for a cleaner look. The pink stripe looks nice though.

I predict 1st single to include another coupling from senbatsu, a non-senbatsu song and 2 generational songs aside from Nobody’s Fault.

10. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    Song sounds good! Surprised about Berika not making it, disappointed about Uemura & Yumiko not making it, though less worried about Yumiko. Looking forward to getting the tracklist.
    (Also, the profile pictures look great!)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I really like it. A LOT. And I say this as someone who stopped following Keyakizaka because I just wasn't into all the emo/Techi/zero chance of anyone else ever being centre shit. . . . I actually like this song MORE than any of Nogizaka's a-sides from this year. And last year. Significantly more. It's really good.

Okay, Sakurakazaka46, you have my attention.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm really excited for this release. Honestly I don't think this song will become a bit like Saimajo was but I think it's better like this. The girls need to explore and get used to this new system (senbatsu and unders and hopefully center rotation), so I'm afraid of the song becomes popular it might ruin all of that.
    The song is great because it's something really fresh, I mean no Sakamichi group has relased a song like this before, and I can be seen that they're really going for a more feminine style, which is great. I don't know if it's a 14-nin senbatsu because of COVID but once again this smaller number feels so fresh and new. So I love how Sakura is making things different.
    I can't wait for the other songs specially the Under songs.

• Like Like x 5
  13. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Really excited about the new single. I love the song, the choreo, and I'm really pleased with Morita center. Her expressions, the sassiness, it's just great. I think this is exactly what they needed to kick things off.

Of course I am disappointed, but not very surprised, by Fu not making senbatsu. I assume (with Nijika) it would have been a half-and-half split, and it seems management has been pretty clear they want to go the senbatsu route. Of course it's always easier to go back the other way later. Here's hoping for a great unders song (with a Fu center of course :^^;:)

Just sad we have to wait until December... I wonder if there's any chance of them making Kouhaku with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Didn't expect the somewhat retro sound (and costume?) but I don't dislike it.
    Hikaru does well in the shots focused on her and oozes the confidence needed to convey the song's message. Though this also makes me realise that most of the more interesting formation changes happen in the 2nd verse of the song and we're getting a lot of long close-up and medium close-up shots before and after that lol. It's a balanced approach when the whole song is performed, but I hope the TV promotions (which will hopefully happen but will also probably cut the 2nd verse) will have more interesting camerawork for those parts haha.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    • Like Like x 2
  17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^Thank you @turbogig. I wanted to update sooner but stage died on me yesterday while i was in the middle of making the thread lol
    Will update now!

@Arbios That's Harada Aoi!

• Like Like x 1
  18. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    @Arbios
    To be frank, Koike has been absolutely killing it ever since the Live online, but with You. In addition to Futari Sezon and Ambivalent, Concentration was a pretty special treat too. 2nd row center position is well deserved.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    Hikaru centeeeer! Since I'm bussy with uni, I was really surprised when I saw her as center, she's powerful. Now I'm just praying that management will not overworked Hikarun, as they did in the past, and let other members (finally) to take the center position, because Sakurazaka is full of super talented members that shouldn't be wasted ANYMORE.

I'm not sure about this "senbatsu" thing, but weeell, I want to see how it works. I prefered a doble a-side, but I guess that's too much for s&f capacities lol

I love the song btw, that title!!! Cool. So cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I really don't know any 2nd gen tbh so this really is a good intro to them for me and honestly the song is pretty great. The center girl was good in the performance tbh. I still don't really understand the need to rebrand, but it is what it is now lol

• Like Like x 2