1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I dont understand everything about what is going on in Thailand other than people (mainly young persons) have taken to the streets to protest against the government. Some people were arrested because they were demonstrating while a royal motorcade was driving past and now could face life in prison for potentially endangering them. I would recommend trying to find more reliable sources then myself as to exact information.

As a kaimook oshi I am very distressed as to what is going on. From what has been explained to me by her Thai fans she went on their live Iam48 application after people kept calling on her to say something about the protests after Jennis and Faii did. She said something along the lines that she wanted things to end peacefully and to stay neutral. She also has expressed she doesnt understand poltics and the full situation and that she cant say what she really thinks because of her family (apparently she is considered well off) . Apparently also the BNK office has told the girls not to comment on the situation and that she felt those who were pressuring her and other idols in BNK to say something as not real fans. She wished to just continue her work as an idol and to make others happy. Needless to say it didnt go over well hence the burning of merch etc. That being said she does seem to be getting a fair amount of support on the bnk app and i think a lot of people understand what she's saying and just are saying that she needs to educate herself more on whats going on.

Edit:

She has posted some kind of apology/explanation on her facebook page. I'm hoping someone will translate it to english soon. https://www.facebook.com/1847059015573535/posts/2757549121191182/?extid=0&d=n

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Do you happen to know what Jennis and Faii said about it?

One issue I have with idols is that they stay out of politics a lot of times, or take a neutral stance. I understand that it's difficult for them because it could have consequences for their career, but I think famous people are obligated to influence things. I also think it's irresponsible to say "I don't know anything about politics." Kaimook is not a child, she and I are born in the same year, and to not understand what is happening politically in your own country/the country you live in is really bad imo.

I think idols should speak up on political issues, but it's probably better for them not to say anything rather than do say "I'm not sure, I don't have an opinion, I hope it ends peacefully." It also really annoyed me when AKB's Yokoyama Yui took that stance on the NGT48 scandal.

Although I don't agree with all political opinions voiced by Sashihara Rino (to name an example), I think it's great that she always speaks on political or controversial topics. I know it's one thing for someone like Sasshi (an established idol, established producer, probably super rich) to say something opinionated and for someone on the verge between senbatsu and undergirls.

They should still educate themselves on what's happening around them. If they feel like they can't speak up because of personal repercussions, that's sad, but I'd understand that more than saying "let's all get along." That's basically the same thing as telling protestors to let things go and continue in the way that things have gone so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    No I don’t. It’s on their social media if you want to know. Neither are my Oshi so I don’t follow their individual activities much.
    Read this article about Thailand’s laws. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29628191 . You see it’s a lot more than her job she’d put at risk. Also the company could be completely blocked in the country if they allow their girls to do so. You think they put up all those royal posts for fun? No. Because they have to. This isn’t just politics this is people’s lives. Kaimook may or may not know what is going on in her country but she has said point blank she’s not allowed to give her real opinion. She is protecting herself, her job and her family and anyone who thinks that’s wrong is being selfish. Her family sacrificed everything to make sure she could make it into entertainment. That was their dream for her since she was born. She would be throwing away everything if she took a stand. Jennis has the following that she can be guarded. Kaimook does not.

Do I wish Kaimook hadn’t said anything? Yes. What is done is done though. Across the board with idols this is my feeling. Just because someone isn’t doing what is considered politically correct doesn’t mean they are a bad person. It doesn’t mean that inside they don’t share the same feelings as you do. You don’t know everything they will have to sacrifice and it’s not a decision anyone can make for another person. If you tell them it’s wrong not to sacrifice then it ceases being one. Allow people to make mistakes and to have opinions different then your own. Just try to reasonably educate them and hopefully they will come around. Hating them only gets the opposite reaction and when do those people start becoming the bad guy instead?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I thought I made it quite clear that I didn't want Kaimook to say "I hate the royal family, I'm on the side of the protestors."

I also said that although I disagree with opinions voiced by some people (i.e. Sasshi), I admire them for speaking up so am I not "allowing people to have opinions different than my own"?

I don't hate anyone, especially not in this situation and like you said, what's done is done. I'm just saying that antipathy, when it comes to politics, is dangerous and irresponsible. She doesn't have to say anything, but she does have to educate herself. She's 23 years old and should have an opinion on the politics going on around her.

5. tonicjr

tonicjr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chanyapuk Numprasop
    Breaking! Faii's instagram page is gone!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I asked @BNK48Subs on twitter if they could do a translation of Kaimook's facebook post and they were super quick to respond! If you don't follow them yet, please do so, they're amazing

https://twitter.com/BNK48Subs/status/1317876405812686849

This sounds really well thought and mature. She admits that she wasn't educated enough and should have been, and explained that she can't make a comment towards either side because of BNK48 rules to do with politics. She did however say she understands that what she said sounds like she feels neutral about violence and wants to clarify that she does not condone violence towards Thai citizens.

EDIT: I did some digging on Faii especially and found a lot of stuff. She posted two normal pictures of herself and the caption was lyrics from Aladdin's "Speechless".

The lyrics are:
    I can't stay silent
    Though they wanna keep me quiet
    And I tremble when they try it
    All I know is I won't go speechless

She also shared links about "What is happening in the Philippines?" in her instagram story, but so did other members like View. On her facebook, Faii also shared a link talking about femicides happening in Mexico, so she's overall very involved in politics, not just locally. There's a video/screenshots going round from an instagram livestream, where she's crying because of the current situation in Thailand.

Here you can also watch a video of Faii and Jennis talking about the situation (Eng subs). Jennis said "If you go, I'll go too."

https://twitter.com/Kuroishi1003/status/1316365156444631040

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. tonicjr

tonicjr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chanyapuk Numprasop
    BNK48 having the most relaxing work schedule right now :awesome:
    122905835_3486111731476863_1380669038068603866_o.jpg 122767588_3486112014810168_3923751360002585165_o.jpg 122550986_3486112118143491_6525242368801924348_o.jpg 122767845_3486111148143588_9059988170793597648_o.jpg 122954036_3486112238143479_1738004654836036201_o.jpg 122277177_191932412392145_8519835033037133306_n.jpg

I think this is a shooting for a new commercial.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tonicjr

tonicjr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chanyapuk Numprasop
    BNK48 Fifa and Kheng announced their graduation.

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I feel bad that I have no idea who they are. Did they give any reason for graduation? Or is it just because of lack of important work?

10. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

Don't feel bad, Both of them had little to no publicity even in Thai.

For Kheng, Seem like it about her didn't like to be idol mixing with the health problem that makes her got low publicity and lead to her graduation.
    The reason is she didn't like to be an idol and wanna be the beauty blogger instead.

For Fifa, not sure about her but seem like to be her education duty that makes her had no time for the idol, Her last appearance is an interview about education too.
    For the reason, Seem like she didn't say anything about that. But I think she busy with education duty and had no time for work anymore.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Is there a thread for LYRA activities or shall I post it here? Anyway, they're going to have a Second Single.
    vanilla.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't think they have a thread yet, but you could probably make on in the General BNK48 Discussions section:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?forums/general-bnk48-discussion.158/

Alternatively, there is also a sub-unit releases section (although it doesn't have many visitors):
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?forums/subunit-solo-news-discussion.75/

Let me know if you make a thread so I can watch it ^^

EDIT: I think it's probably better to make it in the second section, as that is especially meant for sub-units.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Thanks. I think I will do that.

EDIT: Holy crazy, that looks even more dead, lol

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  14. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    For now, I'm gonna post it here too...
    LYRA drops lyric video for comeback:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    And teaser:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sunny_skies

sunny_skies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaimook, Murasae Sae
    Full Fancam from The Mall Japan Discovery 2020

Setlist
    1. Overture
    2. Heavy Rotation
    3. Hashire! Penguin (วิ่งไปสิ...เพนกวิน)
    4. Jabaja
    5. BNK Festival
    6. Wink wa 3 kai (วิ้งค์ 3 ครั้ง)
    7. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (คุ๊กกี้เสี่ยงทาย)

Performing members:
    Cherprang, Gygee, Kaimook, Stang, Pupe and Wee

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Full Fancam from Central Plaza Korat 15/11/2020 (credit to uploader):

Setlist:
    1. Overture
    2. Heavy Rotation
    3. Hashire! Penguin
    4. High Tension
    5. RIVER
    6. Dode Di Dong
    7. Wink wa 3-kai
    8. KFC

Members:
    Namneung, Orn, Namsai, Jaa, Satchan, Stang

• Like Like x 2
  17. sodion

sodion Kenkyuusei

Is anyone here familiar with the Greeting you online campaign? I finally found a way to get the event tickets this time around but my kami's slot filled up faster than I can reload the app :cry: . I want to know if they did a second round in the past, or should I use my ticket for my other oshimen before her slot get filled up too.

18. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

They got the 2nd round before, but not sure if they gonna did it again this time due to they start doing offline handshake event again(GYO is a special event that substitutes the offline handshake event)

19. sodion

sodion Kenkyuusei

True, plus I've heard somewhere (Cherprang's live, I believe) that there less slots available this round too. I guess last time they overestimated the amount of greeting that they were gonna get and how much the members can get done in time.

20. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    You're not the only one...Cherprang's were all redeemed in less than a minute.