1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

IZ*ONE ARCADE Ⅱ EP.12

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    [KCON:TACT season 2] BREAKING LIVE with IZ*ONE (+ new hair color snippet)

• Like Like x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chaeyeon's dance cover of 'Instruction' by Jax Jones:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    I've watched their live performance and to think of that, Beware is actually a great song. They seem really having fun performing the song.

5. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    [image limit is 750x750]

Oh there's a 'Permanent' marker on their set, conveniently 6 months before their supposed 'disbandment'. OTR does nothing by chance given their record of attention to detail. I think IZONE going on for longer than their original contract is a given now that they've had huge success and is a giant gg in Korea. Just a matter of how and when they will announce it. J-line could still return to 48G and IZONE could be active OT9 for some time. Korean agencies don't have any reason to be against contract extension. Dunno about AKS and J-line tho.. or they could go kennin?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2020
  6. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think that will depend on the relation between Vernalossom and OTR but since I think the relation is not in good terms I don't think a kennin is possible so if J-line wants to keep being in IZ*ONE after ZOZI they'll have to graduate.

7. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    • Like Like x 1
  8. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

11. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai

I'm don't know what this video is about but It seems about the new ablum and the previous releases, also it seems this video labeled the 3 first single as Jpop, interesting.
    If anyone can translate or find a translation for this, thanks in advance.

12. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    It's just a basic overview on their releases and activities thus far in a very otaku-like tone. Talks about the concept, who participated in composition, lyrics etc... And yeah every Japanese songs whether released by Japanese artists or K-pop artists are labeled J-pop so nothing new

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/pickup/6374192

Lots of comments on Yahoo Japan for Sakura's interview about K-pop and J-pop idols. A good read. In short, in Japan people watch idols grow in terms of skills and K-pop requires you to be at a certain level before debut. She was crying when she first went to Korea because she's never practiced that much and language barrier. Talks about cultural differences mainly in Korea you don't have to be too polite and can say 'no' whereas in Japan she was basically conforming to everyone around her.

Also the title of the article has the term 先見の明 which roughly means foresight and refers to her ditching 48G to become a Kpop idol and re-debuting. Foresight because K-pop styled idol mainly Twice and now NiziU are really popular in Japan right now.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Actually that's not true, in Japan kpop groups song, even if those are Japanese original are labeled as kpop. You can check that out.
    Also I wonder why Beware wasn't in the same category as the other songs.
    It seems each management has its own perspective.
    Well it seems that Sakura has made up her mind, she wants to be an artist and wants everyone to know her as an artist.
    At this point it feels the all 3 want/plan to stay in Korea. And based on the level of promotion not only for the release but also for the group in general in this period of time increases the chances that IZ*ONE will become permanent. If that hasn't happened already and it's just that they haven't announced the news yet.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  15. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't say she ditched 48g. Sounds like she expected IZ*ONE to be a kennin position and was surprised to find her HKT activities would be halted.

I also didn't get the sense she was done with 48g. Just that she appreciated the opportunities IZ*ONE gave her.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  18. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Wow, never expected about Doushureba Ii. It is a great song.

19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    After reading the article (thanks to the reddit translation for making it quick and easy), I'm also not sure where people get the idea from that she's done with Japan. She commented on differences and likes that in Korean culture, it is acceptable to praise yourself; but also, she didn't say anything about whether the J-Pop idol system or the K-Pop idol system is better. Both have interesting differences. When asked about the future, she said she wants to continue improving and meeting fans face-to-face again.

P.S.: There is a specific thread for the album ;)

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...m-twelve-2020-10-21.23360/page-4#post-1690461

20. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    @ajma93632 I meant in Korea all songs with Japanese lyrics are considered J-pop.

Regarding where Sakura's allegiance would lie, it's obvious for me. But I'd not say it aloud here in stage'48'...

IF the J-line return to 48G it's not like they're severing ties with the Korean contacts either so anything can happen after.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Creative Creative x 2