1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

There’s been a lot of good things happening lately ever since management had restructured and that person is gone. Hoping it continues...

2. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

well good to see some big strides from the mgmt for a change..

imo better to ditch that kumu partnership or whatever and just have their own similar or showroom type setup through their app.

Congrats and happy for the girls with these new sub unit, the song and recording is top quality as expected from the members.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. onego123

onego123 Member

I'm super excited for Baby Blue! I do feel like MNL has been doing a bit better recently, but what about the Election?

Whose "that person"?

4. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

I think the election still has elimination. There’s word that the cutoff rank for next election is 36. Which for me I think is necessary if the group wants to survive. It stinks but they have to do something about their finances.

In terms of “That person” I guess there’s no point in hiding it now bc it seems many fans on twitter and reddit know about but its Nay Gio the group’s manager. Apperantely he is now gone ( dont know if he resigned or was fired). Fans with high end sources say that he was apperantly running the group to the ground on purpose, giving high spending fans perks, manipulating KuroP(which I feel bad for the guy since he thought that the person who has connections to Philippine entertainment industry would actually help him) and high favoritism when choosing members for promotion and senbatsu.

5. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

good riddance I guess if that's the case..

On the contrary, since they are starting to come along with these new stuff for fans to get excited over, I think the mindset is to scale up and not in survival mode.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I agree with this, that person's really the thorn of the group

7. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

IDK Nay Gio left them in a bad spot financially and last time I checked management is still behind in paying the members and staff. They would still need to downscale to stop them from financially bleeding out and to get the money back that they lost due to that manager

8. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    Dunno who this guy is on Twitter, but I am pretty sure he is an insider since Jan confirmed via on Twitter that she's surprised on where this guy got the photos. That said, if this guy is to believe, they already shot the MV.
    https://twitter.com/numap5

9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Well, I think that's what the president want to happen, for the network to sell there facilities to one of the presiden't cronies.

Maybe not that much but its still a blow against more media exposure for MNL.

It seems though that MNL is chanelling some effort on other things, so I guess its ok.

And nice to hear that Gio is out.

Damage has been done since his influence that made some popuar members being shafted resulted to the graduation of such members, oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Just hear about Baby blue and listen to their snippet, have to admit that it's sounds really good. And working with a japanese record??? That's just an amazing opportunity. Any info about when it will be available on spotify etc?

11. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

As far as I know tower records is more of a music distribution company than a record company but they do own a label handling idols under a different name. No word yet if it will be available on spotify but you can listin to the full track on eggs (similar to spotify). Here is the link to listen to the song

https://eggs.mu/artist/babyblue

edit: it just became available on spotify now

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  12. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

just stumbled upon this Mango Team L 1st Gen rare footage..

actually digging the summer outfit more

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I remember watching this a few years ago somewhere but someone posted this on YT..

HHE Top Honcho Okada San about MSC and MNL48 beginnings in Jap TV Show:

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  15. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    Ok so we will have a brand new event to eagerly wait

122594575_3357570747625524_848505456155923142_o.jpg
    Miss HalloHalloween!

This was announced like 3 days ago since this post and it will be tomorrow at 6PM at their official YouTube!

Here are also the candidates for tomorrow
    122787031_3366133713435894_2072953725134730050_o.jpg

The mechanics are also included in the photo

16. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    So, my take:

1) HalloHalloween. Name checks out :approve: lol

2) 16 members huh? Is this lowkey a Halloween Night Senbatsu? Or nah? :confused:

17. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    look closely, they're 17 but 2 of them are considered as 1 and also it's not for HN Senbatsu...it's just a normal event

18. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I mean, I know, but the twins are typically counted as one anyway. Besides, AKB's had weird numbered Senbatsu before. Just wondering.

And yes. I know Halloween Night was a stretch. Just an odd number for them to pick was all :awesome:

19. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Just In: Looks like River will be Belle's last single with a sudden graduation announcement..

Good Luck Belle!

20. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    Mass graduation before the deadline tomorrow! Alright! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

First Sela, then Aly...there are also other girls giving out signs
    Sela's fanclub announced it first at Twitter, then Aly posted a story at her IG