1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    "release" might be the less harsh form.

Anyway, rumor on the street right now is we might see an elimination SSK (MNL style).

2. hwntsy

hwntsy Kenkyuusei

not too surprised,
    because many fans like illegal products, for example
    live stream theater even though the price has been reduced from 120k IDR to 25k IDR
    but still there are fans who watch pirated pirates, they want this group to exist but they only say it through social media not by simultaneously buying any products that JOT sells to fans, that's why jkt48 has not had a very big change in the year approaching 9th in the form of this group

3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes. I wasn't thinking the term "fire" lmao.

4. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    To be honest... I'm surprised JKT48 is still attempting to stay active as opposed to going on a temporary hiatus. Especially if their financial situation is forcing them to consider disbandment. I worry that this "restructuring" and member layoffs is a band-aid solution that will only burn through the money they have left, because even with the debut of a new stage this month I don't think there will be much of a difference in their profits until the COVID situation improves, who knows when that will be.

5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's probably more of the survival of the staffs (who maybe does not have another income aside from jkt48). Of course, the needs of stakeholders plays role too. Realistically speaking, the most affected side of this decision I think would be the staffs I said earlier and members whose education is ended and in needs of income.

6. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    People here generally don't consider covid as something scarily dangerous, like people know it's not good if you get infected but it's as if people put that knowledge in far place within their brain.

So since we're expecting the number gonna be down to atleast 30ish member (I think?), gen 10 will probably get canceled. Unranked member such as Lisa will probably not gonna make it. If a death skk will be the path they choose then there's a probability gen 1 won't be participating. Anin triple team will also probably revoked. If they keeping the three team format then they'll probably go back to 16 member/team and only keeping like 10 kks (although I don't think having 58 member is a great idea for their situation). If they decided to temporarily disband the teams then they'll probably create a red/white team or flower class and do a revival of old stage/creating a temporary stage (another produce stage doesn't sounds too bad)

7. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    In the latest interview, Melody said that disbandment was on the table in august, but management trying to find a away to survive like held video call, theater streaming and even cutting staff salay, but that's not enough. After much deliberation instead of disbanding, management will have to restructuring staffs and members. The process will take couple of months so everyone will have time to prepare.
    https://www.jawapos.com/entertainme...er-sempat-100-persen-ingin-membubarkan-jkt48/

Based on the article, fate of 10th generation will announced later but they intend to still held audition for regeneration because couple members already in talks regarding their graduation. So I think there'll be two stages for member restructuring. First, they'll let go all the members who want to graduate very quick (short gap between announcement and last show) and second, maybe death ssk for the remaining members.

8. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Every single music act has a large number of fans who don’t want to spend money on their stuff. So that shouldn’t be a problem if they are able to get a large enough fan base to outweigh that. And they definitely done anymore.
    But let’s be real, JKT was struggling even before COVID. It was clear how much their budget had suffered due to their loss in popularity. And it was a combination of a few things, but the biggest problem was all the most popular members graduating before they could build public recognition for the newer generation of members. That plus taking way to long to release original music really fucked them over.
    I think we’d be seeing these major changes even if there was no pandemic right now, though probably just a more gradual process. JKT has not figured out how to reboost themselves or even how to cultivate a small core of heavy hitter fans (like AKB has done).

9. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    This year are supposed to be the start of starting new with "One" replacing Re:boost. With the original single, planned theater live stream, Camping event, Janken, and SKE collaboration they could've achieve a new stage of JKT but alas covid happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    They now streaming their theater performance in showroom.

11. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    I thought having their personal showroom account will be the game changer for members :rolleyes:
    Guess JOT not seeing that as gold mine for them..

12. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    It could be a game changer if they could attract enough money, but we don't know the percentage between Showroom/JOT/member so we don't know how much money they actually make. If they already plan showroom since last year it was probably seen as strategy to attract the japanese fans and never seen as a main source of income.

13. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

I saw the gift the member gets. It's telling that even though they earn so much in that short time, it's still only enough to plug the hole, not fix it.
    JKT's members gets high basic salary and bonus with outside job, not to mention beauty and health benefits they get. It's good of JOT to look after the girls well, but I guess with the pandemic going on, the large amount of members, and the stagnant spending power of the fans, it's getting too much to handle.

Does anyone with business background or reasonable logic here has any ideas how many they should cut to achieve maximum efficiency? I personally think 10 members each team would be ideal, with 10 more in academy class A and 8 in class B (just so it's an even 48 members in total). This way they still can perform each team's setlist, only members will have to do double unit song or maybe cut some unit song and rotate it each time they're performing. Members get their monthly salary, but less percentages on the bonus (maybe they've done this already, but I still think reducing more is the best option).

Next single (if any) doesn't have to be 16 members, they can do it with less (Gomenne summer was originally a 7 member song, right?). One senbatsu ori single, one group akb song. Dissolve the production of physical cds if you must and stick with collectible download card only (maybe with additional booklet for the special edition or other gimmick). Maybe one team songs for the next year, but I think they should just focus more on the group songs for a while so every team can sing it.

14. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    Indonesian Twitter trend notes: Frieska is graduating (as I mentioned on her thread) but somehow Gaby (the sole first-gen member left) is trending (also related to Gen 1 trending too).

15. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I don't think keeping the three team system with only 10 members in each team will be ideal, it will put more pressure and load on the remaining member and a huge restructure on setlist which will cost time. It also doesn't make any sense to keep class B, they'll probably gonna promote those that they deemed potential and weed out the rest of class B.

16. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    We don't know the detail yet, but if the losses is really high they have to cut minimum 50 percent of the members. One possible way is that they scrapped 10th generation (with the posssibility to be recalled) and quickly letting go all the members who already in talks for graduating at least in december (fresh and better finances at the start of new year). For cost efficency, dissolve all teams (so no team managers, only group managers-maximizing staff resources), make them perform only one setlist for a while (producing one setlist cost less than producing 4 setlist in the same time), then slowly rebuilding the teams.

17. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Based on this article, Dentsu said that the group operates in red in April and May but started to gain revenue to Pre-Covid level in October
    since the online services launched (not sure if the revenue only enough for minimum monthly operation or not enough for moving forward with the future plans). Dan Beby will postponed her graduation untill the teather capacity full again.
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Me...an-idol-group-JKT48-wins-fans-via-online-acts

Teather capacity increase again from 26 to 32 peoples
    https://jkt48.com/news/detail/id/1358?lang=id

18. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
  19. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy