1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka? (2020/10/19-)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 19, 2020.

1. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    [hehe] :^^;: hahahahaha gomen gomen, although I gotta say I love teasing and kinda tweaking you hahaha

I think I know exactly what you mean Phil, but Dill won't do that to me, I'd like to think I'm a brother to him. FYI, your posts are insightful to me, even if they are long sometimes, you are like Shiichan in that way (nagai, nagai!)

Oh Kira, I am so glad you went to us

Is it just me or are RunRun, Tenten, and Karin becoming so well rounded idols, not only in performance but in variety as well? Karin legitimately made me laugh out loud with "yukkuri, yukkuri" and "okiku!"

And TenTen...so precious, blushing uncontrollably when Habu praised her hair, and that "yey" at the end.

And detective Habu - "so yuu koto des" :1st:

• Like Like x 1
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Just after I commented on how I haven't really seen much improvements from Karin compared to her other 2nd gen counterparts, the last two weeks she's pretty much blown me away with her presence. It's the exciting I felt when I first saw her and decided to follow her most in 2ki back when they debuted. I'd like to think being given a center position, along with the group change, made her really find it in herself to go above her own expectations, and it's paid off! I'm truly glad these three are the center's for the first sakura single. I'm looking forward to seeing how their strong impact and aura captivates viewers when they start to appear on music shows (i'm expecting lots of monbivalent shock moments)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    You don't say! :gavel: lol

@Philosophy Senpai I would never crucifix him (at least not when people are watching). Don't worry. :D
    But I agree with R here, you're our fandom's Shiichan (Whom I'm still hoping would grace our side of the world someday. Hopefully with her personal artshow :inlove:)

I agree about Karin growth, but I hope she'll also keep being that girl who thought she could jump and kick the ball and instead fell on her face in Keyakitte.[hehe]
    This said, Karin also has those slow-timing reactions which I wish she would use more. Not always because they'd loose impact soon, but from time to time.
    Someday I'll rank all KeyaSaku episodes, but I already know this one will be on top ranks for sure

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Detective Habu is hilarious

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    tenchan lol.
    also, did i just saw dark karin evolving to a gap-moe karin

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Onuma style
    onuma.jpg

Sou iu koto desu

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My Akipo... MY AKIPOOOOO... What have you done to her? Why you had to put her under? What were you showing her??? Why???

8. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    More laughs this episode. I love it.

Also, how much more adorable did Hikaru look with the ribbon tied up in her hair like that?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Straight out from some Miyazaki anime lol super cute:chuffed:
    Another great episode for every member involved. I was laughing the whole time.
    MVP: Akiho for sure, even thought she didn't made it consciously :rofl:

Also, watching Pon in this episode reminded me A LOT of AKBingo when Juri, Maho, Karen and Co. were there. I will never really know if AKBingo staff has been hired for Sakura, but every episode make me believe a little more to this hypothesis.
    Pon is learning a lot... but someone is teaching her well.

I'm really glad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Psycho killer kira?
    psycho_kira.jpg

Love that sound effect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Like Kiki in Kiki's delivery service (魔女の宅急便).

• Like Like x 1
  12. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Akipo and Kira's natural talent in comedy is exceptional, they don't even have to try to be funny [hehe]

Not sure how it serves them forward as idols, but it pays to be well-rounded, and they can check "variety skill" at least right now

• Like Like x 2
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    This is currently the best sakamichi variety show, the current Nogichuu could only wish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Was making my usual monday rewatch and... where is Riko?

15. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Probably on a job elsewhere, unless she is sick or attending to some personal matter such that she missed the shoot.

16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm aware this may be disliked, but I would have liked more if we kept Kuroi Hitsuji system for our campaigns.

This is pretty much Nogi system since the start and it should remain like that.
    Since I doubt some members will ever be excluded from the main 8, it also means there will be those 4/5 always doing campaign location shots.
    Kuroi Hitsuji campaign had been touching because we could see the girls confronting each other and letting out their thoughts and fears and hopes and then take a step forward to represent keyaki. Like this it's just a different episode people who follow Nogi had already seen time and time again.
    Interesting for members who go on location, even funny and touching here and there, but not inclusive and good like it should be.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I'm waiting to see the result of the selfie Morita took with Pon during one of their breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    There may be some restrictions still which maybe why they only took the Sakura8 on the shoot.

I do want those who did not participate to do some sort of challenge though, like what Asuka and Hoshino did running up all those steep slopes to support those who did the mountain climbing.

Also what is it with the Japanese and mountain climbing? And the under the falls meditation also? Maybe its sort of like overcoming obstacles and things.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    As I started following Japanese idols really seriously starting from Keyaki, these "prayers-for-the-success-of-the-single" were completely unkown to me. So it was a weird but interesting surprise when I first saw it take place for Hiragana Keyaki (waterfall and bunjee-jumping). At Kuroi Hitsugi it has been a most interesting development for me as it was the first time I saw Kanji girls experience this kind of "hardship".

But ever since I started tracking back the history of Nogizaka, I realized that this "hardship" is a staple for them, a main element after each and every single and a point-of-reference for the lives of the girls that were experiencing it. Especially the airdrops for Manatsu and Ikuta and the bunjee-jumping of Nanase were awesome. It would be very hard for any fan not to be touched by the efforts of the girls and bond even stronger with each and everyone of them. However, I considered these experiences to be extremely cruel for the girls and I realized how special/lucky Keyakis were for not having to face these. (This is actually one of the topics that I would have liked to comment on after I expressed my intention to write about how I perceive the differences between Keyaki and Nogi, which I didn't pursue after being bummed out from the whole rebranding)

My feelings are just mixed though. When I say how special/lucky Keyakis were for abstaining from these prayer activities I do mean also: somewhat spoiled! And I say that from the following perspective: If I do not judge whether I find these activities entertaining or cruel, then abstaining from these was definitely a privilege for Keyakis who looked spoiled in the eyes of (at least Nogi) fans. In my opinion, these activities ARE cruel but I accept the fact that they help the girls grow and mature in a peculiar way. Nogis were FORGED after these activities, they were facing amazing cruelty from managemetn and shed tons of tears. But they came out winners, forged their hearts and bodies in steel and they developed brilliant personalities. Not only from these prayer activities but from all this cruelty of the idol-system.

As someone who were following only Keyakis (mostly from Keyakitte-Kakenai) I didn't see any of this cruelty from management hitting our girls. The perma 21-senbatsu and the lack of these activities was Keyaki's "crystal tower". (The fact that this tower was shred to pieces from various reasons is a completely different story and we know it well).

So, I do agree with what happens now! I like to see these prayer activities "Nogi-style" and what I like most is that the girls who "suffer" are the girls who are at the very front. For my reasoning, it would be unfair for any girls not among the "mighty 8" to be involved.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

[/s]
    Mountain climbing for the Japanese have had a religious element since the old days (Heian period or even before that). Many mountains in Japan are sacred (Fuji-san being most), and you will see shrines, Torii gates, etc being built on mountains or along the paths leading up to the summit. Like on the Asian mainland, Japanese monks, priests, ascetics, pilgrims, etc, would also retreat to the mountains for meditation.

Meditating under the water falls is something that features even in Japanese pop culture. It is called Misogi (禊), a Shinto practice of ritual purification* Takigyo (滝行), a (mostly) Buddhist practice. (They even feature in anime on a regular basis...)

As for the "hardship" thing, it's a way for people to show to the gods/kamis their sincerity / determination / hope for their wishes to come true. It's actually a rather Japanese thing, not an idol-sque thing.

*Misogi (禊) is a different Shinto purification ritual. Takigyo was also what they did for the Kuroi Hitsuji campaign.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2