1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    1- Everglow is not a new group - Everglow will be over 2 years old by the time of disbandment. Most likely with 5 singles under their belt and atleast one OST. They are established.
    2- The leader of Everglow has said there is no plans or discussions about Yena joining Everglow at this time. That it will be discussed later when izone has been disbanded. So do not make it like it’s a sure thing.
    3- most Forever have made it quite plain that they do not want Yena to join. That they are too established at this point and they want OT6. It’s mainly Izone fans who are pushing for this.
    4- To further remark on #3 they feel like putting Yena after the scandal that is izone could taint the group and they don’t want it brought up every time there’s a comeback/article etc.
    5- As someone who personally witnessed Yena stans attacking Yuehua on Twitter for posting about Yena’s birthday I don’t think she would bring in any new fans to the group - they would abandon her as soon as she joined. So why would they want to bring potential scandal for no reward? Not to mention the success rate of post produce winners groups is already pretty low.

———-

As far as revealing who the reason rigged in members are it’s a lose/lose scenario. If they do reveal who they were then those girls careers would effectively be over because of the taint of it- even though I’m positive they didn’t have anything to do with the choice. In the current scenario of not revealing them you have exactly what is going on. Everyone will be debating who they actually were/people & calling for disbandment/punishment/justice etc. Yes this group is going to be over soon and the buying power of Wizone will allow them atleast the appearance of success- but in the eyes of the public they are going to be a rigged group. The members, except perhaps the Japanese ones, are going to be former members of izone the rigged group. IOI and WannaOne former members have atleast gotten to show their talent outside of the scandal. Izone will not.

Personally I think they should just go on as they had planned and disband in April. Don’t reveal the rigged in members. Let the girls maybe have some time off from being an idol. maybe acting/modeling- give the public some time to try to forget who they were or associate something different with them. Then if they still wish to perform quietly add them in a lineup or solo - maybe under a different name. It’s not like people wouldn’t know who they were but maybe it’d heal their reputation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i still don't think Yujin was rigged in, the rigging made by Starship was probably Wonyoung ranking first

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

victim-shaming? Jesus wept...it's not victim-shaming to state that they don't suit the groups image....because they don't. The girls who are rumoured to have replaced them are all better looking by far.

As for Myao and Miyu, they are too old and [Comments like “x member is such a loser” without any rationale behind it will be deleted] to have made it in to the group.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Correct me if am wrong, but it was never stated there would be an age requirerment nor an image requirerment for the final group.
    It's high hypocrisism to argue around that.

As if CJ / Mnet lies weren't enough.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    them are not ok but short and kinda chubby Hitomi yes? make it make sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    If they ever revive the Produce series in Korea, they should use votes until the final round and have a producer choose the final line-up. That's what JYP did in Sixteen (audition for Twice). He even revived fallen member in Momo.

7. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Agreed. Whether it was Sakura or not, there was absolutely no way that Mnet would let a Japanese girl get the center spot. Wonyoung was a safe choice instead, as she was widely liked. I think Yujin would have still made it in, just with a lower rank. The reports keep mentioning two spots which are probably Yuri (I'd even go as far as saying definitely Yuri, because her ranking #3 never made any sense) and Chaewon. But there were probably a couple of Japanese trainees who could have made it in as well (imo it's Miyu, Miho, Miu and Miru) but they were definitely not going to reveal that lol.

Tbh that could be a good idea (JYP was very smart when he said at the very beginning of Sixteen that he'd have the final say, people who still think Sixteen was rigged didn't properly watch the show) but the whole appeal of the Produce series is to give the reins to the viewers aka making them the "producers".

8. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Chaewon is my favorite Korean member of the group, but I have to admit that her inclusion was suspicious since she had literally never ranked in the top 12 until the final vote. If I was placing bets, I'd say she's one of the ones rigged in. Selfishly though, I'm glad if she was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gilrandy

Gilrandy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Its almost a year passed and mnet has discussed these things with members themselves and i'm sure at this point members know who was rigged in. what disgust me is the way they managed by mnet and still pretend there is nothing going on. Like those suspicious girls have already enjoying share thats not belong to them so they have to take responsibility too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

Why would MNet tell the girls who was rigged in? They have no obligation to do so, and what good would it do?

What would be the benefit of giving two members of your group an inferiority complex?

You're just making assumptions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    The court's explanation is that kids that were either rigged in or out did not know what was going on behind the scenes and hence are all innocent. Revealing who benefitted would cause harm to the kids and punishment for doing nothing. Is it fair for Kaeun and Chowon? Probably not.

It really is a tricky thing though. What is justice?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Gilrandy

Gilrandy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Because members themselves would want an explanations. After what they had been through, they are stupid if they didn't asked of what's happening and why their carreer in jeopardy.

Yes maybe they are innocent when the program aired, maybe not. But after the controversy blew out and their activities halted, they sure wanted to know the truth. Its their life and whole carreer put in dangerous state. Like I said if they don't ask the real truth and pretending there is nothing wrong, hide in mnet's back then YUCK.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Even if they wanted to ask, there is no reason to believe anyone would tell them. I doubt management would, and the court isn’t secretly sending them messages.

14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    From what I've witnessed, it's not as black and white as that makes it sound. Like you said, Forevers and Yuehua followers don't really want Yena to join IZ*ONE. They've said again and again they like Everglow as it is, not to mention the scandal attached to every IZ*ONE member since all of this came out roughly a year ago now.

The reason why Yena stans got mad at Yuehua/Everglow/Forevers was because of the above. They've been detaching themselves from Yena all this time, and didn't like the fact that Yuehua has done nothing (publicly) to calm down the IZ*ONE scandal or to support Yena while their fans are making it clear as daylight that they don't want her, and now suddenly they're here with a Happy Birthday~ message as if nothing happened.

A similar thing happened after IZ*ONE's online concert, where Yena, Yujin and Chaeyeon performed "Gangsta" and suddenly (some) Forevers said "oh wow, she'd actually fit the Everglow concept, she's an amazing dancer, she'd do well in Everglow." Yena stans obviously saw those comments, especially because a lot of them were in direct reply to IZ*ONE/Yena fan accounts, and it turned into this whole "didn't want her then, can't have her now" argument.

I personally think both sides are acting childishly; Yena has proven that she's talented and popular enough to deserve a spot in a girl group, but Yuehua probably won't debut another group for a few years. Forevers should acknowledge that it would be unfair to put Yena back in the dungeon and Yena stans shouldn't bite the hand that feeds them, so to speak.

As of right now, it seems like WIZ*ONE/Yena fans are starting to feel more and more against the idea, and Forevers are slowly warming up to the idea.

Some Twitter WIZ*ONEs:

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.03.01.jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.04.38.jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.06.17.jpg

Some Twitter Forevers:

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.05.27.jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.05.56.jpg

Hitomi honestly can't win with y'all... Either she's chubby or she's too skinny. Just say you hate her and stop talking about her :gavel:

Not to mention Nako is a lot shorter than Hitomi and also ranked better than her. Both of them are cute, and Nako can sing pretty well and Hitomi's a decent dancer. The Korean dance studio "1MILLION" did a special feature on Chaeyeon, and then invited Chaeyeon, Eunbi and Hitomi to do a choreography video for their channel.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (In case you missed it.)

Hitomi was also praised early on in the show for her dance abilities and was promoted from Class C to Class A.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    About Yena-

Yes some forever have warmed up to the idea - but there are more are very much let Yena go solo/actress/another group. Especially after everything exploded. Most won’t say it on Twitter bc if you do wizone come around and start the masses of hate toward you. There are a good number of people who are also in the let’s wait and see category.
    Yena stans for the most part have been very combative around Everglow and talking as if she is some planned saving grace for them and Everglow would be a downgrade. Many of these are the same ones keep saying that somehow they are already sabotaging (my word not theirs- but it’s essentially that) their comebacks so that Yena can have lines/position instead of a girl who is already in the group. Which is just ridiculous and makes people anti Yena joining even more.

As someone who has paid very close attention to Everglow since debut I can tell you they haven’t forgotten Yena - they bring her up a lot for someone who is in a competing group - but wizone, especially up until the end of last year, have this nasty habit of getting mad whenever something other than izone is mentioned in regards to their girls. It’s a mentality of ownership that I can only assume comes from the ticking clock that is izone. We see it all the time for the Japanese members but it does happen on occasion for the Korean ones as well. I think that is the reason Yuehua and EG have not been as vocal in regards to her.

As far as Hitomi:

They were responding in jest to a troll who was making fun of 48G members who people think were also rigged out. They were using Hiichan as an example of how the trolls comments can’t be right. The example was in bad taste but I don’t think their comment was actually meant to hate on Hiichan.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's not about IZ*ONE and its fuss but Park Jieun (finished #80 in pd48) and Na Goeun (finished #29) will debut in a group called Purple Kiss, or so I heard.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    yes, 26th this month

also Cho Ahoyoung, former fnc trainee and also rapper on High Tension is currently on mnet's new show CapTeen

she also said the reason she didn't debut with Cherry Bullet was because of her weight :mad:

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Midori

Midori Member

Purple Kiss' proper debut has been postponed as one of the members, Swan, is having health problems. However, they recently announced a pre-debut single (and from the looks of the image teaser, a second pre-debut single after that) called "My heart skip a beat", to be released on the 26th of November.

On the 17th, Kim Yubin (#88) debuted with BlingBling, a six-member girl group under Major9 Ent. During PD48, Yubin represented CNC. She was eliminated in the first elimination, she was center of Peek-A-Boo Team 2 (Miu's team).

I'm surprised and annoyed Cube hasn't said anything about Chowon yet. She signed an artist contract with them a while back. Though in September it was announced that the co-founder of Cube left and started a new company, set to debut a girl group in 2021. There was some speculation on Reddit whether or not Chowon and some trainees left with him based on that debut date, but it's just speculation and I don't know how that works with Chowon's artist contract.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    makes me wonder, what on earth did Kaeun did back stage to piss off that Anne-pd dude lol
    on another note feel sorry for minju for getting the ire of the netizens, tho it's ironic how she along with sakura and chaewon are the ones hard carrying the group lol

20. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    i hope the others feel sorry for Yuri as well for assuming immediately she is the one rigged in. Along with Chaewon, Minju, and Kkura, she is also one of the best sellers in the group that’s why they are called as Kami 4 in Japan. She is also in top 3-5 in Korea. In their Seoul con last year, she was the one who sold out all her merch first and only one of the few who were able to. Her unpromoted solo song even charted high in Korean music charts. She may not be a popular fave with the global fans but she got lots of fans where most sales come from.

• Like Like x 3