1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Usually if they have to perform one song only, they will perform their latest song. And apparently this week's Music Core is special episode so 2/3 of MuCore's MC have performance with their group (poor Chani tho)

Speaking about the upcoming comeback... (use google translate yourselves for this thread's safety)
    https://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=202011200100182510012120&ServiceDate=20201119&f_url=#_enliple

2. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    If the possibility of extending the contract was already slim, with the scandal it's gone to zero. OTR should just let out it's their last album so more people will buy the 'last album'.

3. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think OTR always wanted a permanent group, IOI was the experiment and W1 was the 1st try. IZ*ONE and X1 were the third and fourth case respectively. The reason for the disbandment without any extension seems always to be the agencies. For IOI it was all settled since the beginning so nothing could be done, for W1 OTR tried to make and extension of a few months but agencies refused. For IZ*ONE and X1 OTR wanted to continue with both groups despite the controversy but agencies refused. But because of an already signed contract IZ*ONE could continue while X1 disbanded.
    Honestly I don't think the agencies can't force the girls to continue with them in legal terms, they may demand them for not complying with their respective contracts to get a monetary compensation at most. I think OTR is willing to pay for those compensations if that means the girls can leave their respective agencies and join OTR. I think OTR knows that it'll be very difficult to get another girl group that can bring them all the achievements, success and money that IZ*ONE has done.
    And the girls are the most important pieces in making IZ*ONE because if all the 12 want to continue OTR and WIZ*ONE will support them to make it true.
    For that reason I don't think it's impossible for IZ*ONE to become permanent.
    I know some people here want Sakura, Nako and Hii-chan to be back in 48G, but that looks less likely at this point.
    Even if the group disbands they could graduate and join OTR to debut in a kpop group and that's it.
    Specially Sakura becuase let's be real, if PD48 didn't happen she would be graduated by today.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I’m sorry but are you serious? It’s pretty widely accepted that AKS basically put Sakura in the position to get all the exposure during P48- the center of Pick Me - the miraculous A rating when girls much more trained and who did better got less. All the screen time- there’s no way she would have gotten that if not for AKS. They wanted her in the group. And while I don’t think that means she was rigged in, it was basically impossible for her not to make it with how much time she got on that show. Why would they do that for her? To come back to 48G and possibly bring some notoriety with her. Of course that is only a pipe dream considering what izone is to the public now but what can I say? They didn’t see that coming.

Let’s also point out that only a few days ago wizones were actually trending on Twitter about how badly treated Sakura was by OTR & are still talking about it. They even say her last mail was a signal that they were right.

ultimately I absolutely think the writing is on the wall for izone - come the end of the contract they are done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. raroromiki

raroromiki Kenkyuusei

OTR have a permanent kpop group that they are managing, it is called fromis_9.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    fromis_9: am I joke to you??

Also, FYI thingy:
    1. OTR was created when IZ*ONE debuted (October 2018). So, OTR wasn't related with IOI/Wanna One (though Wanna One disbanded in January 2019)
    2. IOI and Wanna One (until June 2018) were managed by YMC (apparently it's not related with CJ). So IOI wasn't related with OTR at all
    3. Wanna One (and X1) were managed by Swing Entertainment. IZ*ONE/OTR "collaborates" with Swing after they parted with Pledis (since Oneiric Diary era), so Wanna One and X1 weren't related with OTR during their activities -though Swing and OTR are under CJ

But... if you changed OTR with CJ, nah it's different story :fear:

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    They droped the next cb teaser and title, if someone wants to start a thread.

8. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Hopefully this new mini albums will lit them up like BLOOM*IZ

9. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Yep, they changed the website, too. The new layout is not interactive yet, but it already looks nice. I hope they'll make a set of concept photos in that style :blush:

10. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah I mean CJ, sometimes I refer CJ as OTR and Mnet because I see them as the same. But thank for correcting me :)
    I'm pretty sure that AKS didn't know they had to let go Sakura, I mean the terms about the exclusivity weren't clear until NO WAY MAN senbatsu announcement. Even Sakura mentioned that they didn't know they had to exclusively promote in IZ*ONE so I don't think AKS would have sent her and other popular members knowing that.
    Anyways 5 months left and we're close to know what will happen.

========================
    And about the new comeback for some reason I'm wishing for 12 member Korean version of Yummy Summer XD

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    No one knew about the exclusive contract until the second it was anounced.
    Just remember all the anouncements that were made before the show started. They left the possibilities of concurrencies opened for the girls that would make it to the final group,
    Only to be washed it away live during the final
    Mnet in front the studio audience and thousand of spectators as witnesses gave to the fans what they secretly wanted without daring to say it.
    What could be done after that ?

IMO, the first particular agreements before the show, such as japanese girls having to travel back and forth to Japan,trainees being paid, kennin possibilities etc , were accepted by CJ / Mnet, with the tongue between the teeth. (or else show canceled).
    Their answer: this "backstab".
    If you wonder why the relationships between AKS / Vernalossom and CJ / Mnet never looked good, just look from the very beginning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    afaik all the threads on this are about their japanese releases. one-reeler is korean and we haven't had a thread for color*iz, heart*iz, bloom*iz or oneiric diary either

Enbx_fjXIAE4TTb.jpeg

This is what the official IZ*ONE account uploaded on twitter, alongside the title of the mini album "One-Reeler." We already know the release date to be the 7th of December, now they've also added 6PM KST as the release time (probably for the MV).

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Yes the girls atleast didn’t know, they probably kept it from them because they wouldn’t have competed if so, but that doesn’t change the likelihood that AKS had them push Sakura. Even if she was to do joint activities she would come back to 48G and give them promotion. Actually it furthers my point that they wanted her to do well so she could expand 48G in Korea.

Lets be honest here - Sakura/Mako/Hiichan & AKS (or whatever they are calling themselves now) are not the only people who have a say on what happens to Izone. They also have the company that now runs HKT since the separation of power. They weren’t a factor in the first contract negotiations and they are most likely going to want two of their main members back. Yes they could graduate and take them out of the equation but then the members risk alienating a big part of the fan base that contributed to their success in Korea to begin with. Also clearly the current 48G members want them back- it’s clear Sakura, Nako and Hiichan were upset to leave. So much so that all three of them made promises to come back. They also get much more solo promotion in Japan then they would in Korea. Even if kpop is more of a global presence then 48 it doesn’t do much good to future aspirations when all OTR cares about is the group as a wholes success. As you said will see what happens in the next 149 days but to say it’s likely that they are going to become permanent is a bit of a stretch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Sort of unrelated but Oonishi Momoka(team8) said on showroom a while back(2 years ago) that she didn't really know about PD48; the management got volunteers without telling them exactly what it was... That was why she didn't participate. + Momoka was doing mainichi showroom (doing showroom everyday) so she thought it'd be risky to go to Korea. Sort of telling that AKS didn't exactly push them into participating or inform them. Irresponsible IMO (I mean what if they just went and got selected as a final member?)

Murakawa Bibian said she got a pamphlet about PD48 so HKT sort of encouraged the participation. (Indeed, HKT sent a lot of members)

Miyazaki Miho said on her radio about 170 people in total volunteered from 48G. She was surprised some were really serious about it and were studying Korean beforehand.

Just putting out some facts. And now assumptions. It seems the management from the 48G side just sent the kids without really informing them. They probably sent them and told them 'do what mnet says'. Among them were members like Erii or Satomina or Noepii who didn't really know about Produce series and members who knew about it beforehand like Sakura, Juri, Miho, Jurina, Tomu, Mogi, Saepii, Imada Mina went prepared to an extent. Although I think most went light hearted thinking they'll gain new experience or new fans or something like that. Remember Nakanishi Chiori said on AKB48 All Night Nippon she went because she wanted to try Korean food.

Regarding if they knew about resulting group's exclusivity, it seems obviously not. Also there was an end of the year presentation video by CJ in 2018 where they were talking about overcoming differences by communication with AKS (and presumably also Yoshimoto) during PD48 so it seems involved parties didn't exactly plan everything beforehand. Full detail about IZONE's contract including exclusivity were probably written up after PD48. Messy and disjointed. Yes there are bunch of companies involved but still...

I mean, imagine being the J-line being told they're going to have to live in Korea for some time. Parents must've felt thunderstruck. So you can understand Hii-chan's parents being considerably upset as was shown in IZONE CHU Season 1. The whole team had to go to Hiichan's house in Japan to comfort them. Leader Eunbi had to read aloud a letter.

Overall I think this international project could've been done much better even ignoring the scandal. Especially considering it was between two giants in CJ(Mnet) and 48G.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Not hating on Izone but I doubt there'll be a term extension and honestly I hope there wont be any.

Im more curious as to the next chapter Sakura, Nako and Hitomi will take post -Izone.

Specially in the case of Sakura. How long will she continue in HKT until graduation? I somewhat see her dedicating at the very least 1 to 2 more years in HKT but beyond that is somewhat obscure,

I guess what's good about Izone is that it somewhat guaranteed fans that someone like Sakura will continue as an idol for 2.5 years

16. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Update: The website is now interactive!

If you move the film reel at the bottom, you can have a look at the first batch of photos and they show you the title of the first scene. The countryside setting is great, I love it <3

17. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    New promotional video for UNIVERSE:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  19. bonjourmarlene