1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Singles/albums affects everything for musical acts. And make no mistake, 48G ARE musical groups. It is their main delivery vehicle for everything. Without it, they have not much at all.

For example, NMB just released two singles in three months, and they are the 48 group with the most positive reactions from fans, the public, and the industry.
    Yoshida Akari's masterful handling of her graduation played a big part as well.

Meanwhile, AKB has not released a proper single since before Covid-19 hit. And look at all the doom n gloom reactions from fans, the public, and the industry.
    Acknowledging their fuckup in handling the NGT scandal would helps heaps as well, but that ship has apparently sailed for DH.

"But NMB did not sell well." I would submit they sold really well, all things (including Covid) considered. Also, now is definitely not the time to be worried about selling astronomical amounts. It's about doing all you can to not fade into obscurity while the world holds it collective breath for a vaccine. And singles are a big part of that for 48.

"But the HS event backlog..." Never stopped AKB from releasing before, and no real reasons why that should hold them back this time.

"But they can't sell HS tix with the new single." 1. Bull :poop:.
    2. NMB, SKE, STU, all figured it out, AKB can as well.

Maybe time to rethink HS events, 48G and it's fans. It is a new era afterall. Reiwa, folks. :v:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Well, this is the AKB general thread, so.... Yeah.

That said. HKT was floundering, until they opened their theater (BIG news for them), and they have good and growing local business support (thanks to some smart maneuvering by Mercury).

SKE are floundering right now. Thanks to some real fugged up :poop: in the head office. (Having Jurina AND Churi hold off their grads with no end in sight, no way that is helping any). And guess what, New Single senbatsu announcement tonight. Hmmmmmm.

What does AKB have for big news? Losses left and right. DH is trying, just not hard enough and/or not using the correct toolsets.
    It's almost like DH is just AKS renamed. Oh wait, it is. There's their problem. Miichan not graduating also is not helping, but not hurting as much SKE with Jurina & Churi.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. 2048

2048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hama Sayuna
    is there any more information about the esports tournament? I'm assuming we'll be able to watch it online.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That was to highlight why so many are fussed about the lack of singles. My point was and still is about AKB. ;)

Tickets for online viewing are still open. Otherwise, info is all on twitter or the Official Blog/Website. :cool:
    Just don't ask for pirate streams. That's not allowed here, per the site rules.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    imo these are the only relevant bits. I watched both of the esports videos as well and obviously they were quite long and interesting, but... individual girls are doing showroom all the time and let's be honest, people who aren't interested in AKB48 and its members to begin with won't watch their showrooms, instalives or youtube videos.

I have to agree with @hjr1891, NMB is really the most interesting group at the moment because they're the only ones doing things that are also relevant to non 48g fans. They're releasing new music and holding concerts. They stilled peaked Oricon, even if people wanna say they didn't sell well.

I spent nearly four or five hours yesterday watching AKB48's Mechaike specials (Dissolution Dokkiri and Bakajo test), as well as a few episodes of Hiragana Oshi (Keyakizaka46 variety show). I don't know, it's just nothing grand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Makes sense when you put it that way. I still think it's something they should give a try though. Admittedly I stopped paying attention to SKE around 2017 lol so only know a handful of members from that era who are still around. AKB and NMB on the other hand, I kept following them both, so i'm more able to compare the two and how they've dealt with their most popular girls leaving.

I mean, look at Nob3 and Diva, French Kiss and Not Yet. All their members were staples of senbatsu and/or prominent members of the group. At the time I only really knew Kami 7, but those sub groups helped me learn the other senbatsu members. I think it also helped the girls with curating their own idol image with a themed unit that suits their characters. That's where I was going with the NMB unit's, they helped a lot of fans get to know the newer members and the popular members from this new era.

I think the main goal for AKB right now is to get their fans to learn who the new members are, so that they want to support the new girls as well and not move onto other groups. That's what worked for me as a new fan of AKB back then. Once they've established a batch of girls as the new faces of AKB, they can proceed with promoting them. Right now AKB senbatsu just feels very individualistic to me and i think sub units could help remedy this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I absolutely agree with everything you said, nvmea, what a beautiful post, seriously!

8. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    well seen from that perspective, sure, although in general IG and YT (and Tiktok) are surely excellent and proven ways to attract new young fans

my point was that there is so much content that even if you just jump from one live/now released thing to another you can easily fill almost your whole day, and that even if you follow only 2 groups - but it's virtually impossible to even follow more groups seriously just because of the sheer amount of content there is.

the content for people already in the environment is not any less important. After all, while NMB's single releases and concerts were beneficial, it's only half of the success - the other half was the adoption of the "modern" SNS and constant production of new interesting content, and even if some of it maybe couldn't attract completely new people, it certainly did very well in keeping their own fans engaged, finding out more about more girls, and attracting fans of other groups (which did hardly anything).

AKB releasing a new single would be cool - I guess, I don't care at all personally - but they're simply failing even in trying to compensate for it appropriately with other channels like NMB have done, so I'm not really sure if the single itself could change that much when the problems are rather structural.
    I'm happy I inadvertently started this wholesome meme. We need more positivity in the AKB fandom:approve: (but fuck Aoki!)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    OK, honey. Here's my prediction for the next single a.k.a. (no pun intended) DH's wet dream.

Team A: Iriyama Anna, Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Chiba Erii, Nishikawa Rei, Mukaichi Mion, Yokoyama Yui
    Team K: Kuranoo Narumi, Minegishi Minami, Muto Tomu
    Team B: Omori Maho, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kubo Satone, Honda Hitomi
    Team 4: Okada Nana, Murayama Yuiri, Yamauchi Mizuki
    Team E: Suda Akari
    Team M: Shiroma Miru
    Team BII: Umeyama Cocona, Yamamoto Mikana
    Team H: Tanaka Miku, Yabuki Nako
    Team KIV: Miyawaki Sakura
    NGT48: Homma Hinata
    STU48: Ishida Chiho, Takino Yumiko
    Graduates: Maeda Atsuko, Oshima Yuko

10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    that's why I don't care about the new single! Erii is the only decent choice there! What a crappy group!

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    To think you used to love Dasu.

12. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    indeed, but I still love Miru! It's just that the sister groups in senbatsu practice need to go!

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Best artist performance today is 365 nishi kami hikouki
    With:
    • Iriyama Anna
    • Okada Nana
    • Okabe Rin
    • Oguri Yui
    • Kashiwagi Yuki
    • Kuranoo Narumi
    • Minegishi Minami
    • Mukaichi Mion
    • Muto Tomu
    • Murayama Yuiri
    • Yokoyama Yui
    • Yamauchi Mizuki
    • Suda Akari
    • Tanaka Miku
    • Hommage Hinata
    • Takino Yumiko

https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1331518216644956165
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1331522096082522113

Yeah, 365 again.
    Though the Best Artist staff could have been wiser and request Hanarete Itemo since they are competing for the JRA grand prix with this song.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well it's a NHK asadora tie-in afterall.. imho hanarete itemo is a much superior and timely song over the tw thou

15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Well, Hanarete Itemo is AKB song while there's 4 SG girls so somehow management chose to sing 365nichi for 1 million times than practice Hanarete Itemo with the SG girls so :fear:
    2569eb5597fe9f2995ee5c94df0ea270.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Latest Imechen 48 fashion video from nano-universe - 'Co-ordination Showdown Part 1' - with Odaeri, YuiYui and Yukirin (as well as Shinobu):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I found this article regarding AKB48 not being invited at the Kouhaku utagassen this year.
    A politic, Edano Yukio criticizes the NHK selection process
    in short: since Sakurazaka who released nothing are invited why not AKB ?
    https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2020/11/24/0013887430.shtml

on another hand, some matome pointed out a lot of Sony and Universal artists being invited.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Maybe Sony sent big luxurious cakes to NHK :fear:

On realistic side, Sony's THE FIRST TAKE project has gained more attention in SNS media so no wonder there's lot of Sony Music artists in the list
    (though it's weird because Yoasobi, which has 3rd most viewed video, didn't get into the list)

19. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Or maybe AKB nowadays is just good for yet another throwback and interesting for oldies like morning musume, while 46 groups ARE the hot cakes and easily prefered. It's not that deep.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
    DISH//'s Neko is the second most viewed video yet they didn't get invited either (though it's probably because they're boy band:fear:)