1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 6th [Hitorigoto de Kataru Kurai nara] (2021/02/17)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Dec 16, 2020.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    [​IMG]
    STU48 will release their 6th single next february.
    It will be available in Type A & B (limited / regular) + theater

Tracks:
    • Hitorigoto de Kataru Kurai Nara (独り言で語るくらいなら)
      • Type A: Sunglass Days (サングラスデイズ) - Gen1+D3
      • Type B: Boku wa kono umi wo nagame teru (僕はこの海を眺めてる) - PR elected senbatsu, see some posts below
      • Theater: Soshite boku wa boku janaku naru (そして僕は僕じゃなくなる) - Ikeda Yura, Okada Nana, Kojima Aiko, Taniguchi Mahina, Mineyoshi Arisa, yano Honoka
    Senbatsu:
    Ishida Chiho, Iwata Hina, Imamura Mitsuki, Otani Marina, Okada Nana, Oki Yuka, Kai Kokoa, Kadowaki Miyuna, Takino Yumiko, Nakamura Mai, Fukuda Akari Yano Honoka, Yabushita Fu, Takao Sayaka and Harada Sayaka.

Covers:
    Limited A & B
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Normal A & B
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Theater
    [​IMG]

https://www.stu48.com/news/detail/8458

DVDs will contain, the title song MV (Type A) and the Type B coupling MV (1 MV on each Type)
    https://www.stu48.com/news/detail/8236
    http://stu.kingrecords.co.jp/cd/000485.html

Hitorigoto de Kataru Kurai Nara:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Boku wa kono umi wo nagame teru:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    It sucks both that they're sticking with just two types (plus theatre edition) and - even more so - zero DVD content besides two MVs per disc (which is almost a waste of the physical media). Especially when compared to the content from the first two singles, which was great. This stuff is promotional - people will BUY your product if you GIVE them more incentive to do so. Basic marketing. There's very little incentive here not to just buy the single digitally - much cheaper, especially for international peeps - and rip the videos from YouTube (before the full coupling track MVs are replaced with short versions), where they'll be 1080p rather than the 780p they will be on the DVDs. . .

Management just continue to make as little effort as humanly possible. Like, they can't even be arsed putting MAKING OF videos for the paltry number of MVs on there - not that hard to put together and something even little indie idol groups manage to do.

The group deserves better. More so than even the fans, the group deserves better than this. . . lacklustre effort.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oh, by the way, STU48 is not going to get a #1 single this time around...because a Johnny's group by the name of SixTONES will also be releasing a new single of their own on the same day.

:fp:

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    @iainus can't be helped IMO
    These pandemic time + unfortunatly the money sink that is the boat theater enforces the production to lower their ambitions.
    Yeah really sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  6. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    Is it an all members MV again?

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Won't including at least a dance PV cost them almost nothing? They do shoot those when they shoot the PVs, right?

Haven't been following STU lately but I do lowkey support them.

8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    HMV JP is again offering cheki signings from members for the new single:
    https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/news/article/2012281004/

Naachan is again included but last time she sold out very quickly.

EDIT: looks like Naachan sold out very quickly again looking at recent tweets from STU fans.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  9. stage48_stage48

stage48_stage48 Kenkyuusei

I can't seem to register for a HMV/Lawson Web account. I couldn't receive the confirmation email through my email. It's not in my junk folder.

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

A period (1st sales) period result https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KoN3ij5-Wz1In4zVljcxiXag6B-kXQ0ovt85a_FBQdc
    *if you look at the result and noticed some unusual ranking, it is because it isn't a straight more slot always on top of member with lesser amount of slot. I try to factor the unlocked slot to form the final ranking.
    If you want to check the result by rounds https://muranokuma.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2020/12/post-629d96.html
    Few differences between 6th and 5th single
    -Appreciation slot is back. It is kinda similar to the usual STU appreciation slot, with 2S available on every date but sign will be done on a separate date.
    -1 slot is now 50 minutes instead of 40. So 1 sold out slot is probably worth 250cds max (vs 200cds max on the 4th single). I've calculated the overall amount of cds being sold if all sold out, it is around 500k (similar amount to 5th and 4th single).
    -Because appreciation slot is back, so are the rules to unlock it. 300cds per date to unlock 2s and 600cds overall to unlock sign. Because the amount needed to unlock 2s is more than the amount of 1 sold out slot, you have very few occasion (happened with Maiha and Ikeda) where you have sold out slot but 2s is not unlocked (not even almost unlocked). That means 1 slot is full and the other slot(s) is almost empty for that date. This won't happen in 4th single since 1 slot worth more than the unlocking requirement (normal HS is 90min, thus around 500cds/slot).
    -The 600 sales requirement to unlock sign have a side effect of revealing members that currently can't sell more than 600cds for this 6th single. For comparison, Chiho sold out 23slots which should be around 5750cds (that is only for the sold out slot).

search for email from email@hmv.co.jp
    I test it using Gmail and it works (I didn't go all the way to register, just try it until I confirmed my email).

11. stage48_stage48

stage48_stage48 Kenkyuusei

Thanks a lot

12. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

They just performed it at their concert and the song is so beautiful and Ishida is such a beautiful center omg :cute:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Just watched it. It’s very similar at the chorus to Negaigoto no Mochigusare. I’ll have to see how I feel about it after a few listens. I’m not familiar enough to name the senbatsu members. No Cuca though which makes me sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    This is such, such fantastic news for Chiho - so nice to see her progress - and the song has a really nice melody, especially the chorus. It sounds to me simultaneously traditional and yet fresh and youthful. I love the way the instrumentation changes between verse and chorus. Really strong.

Oh boy, the MV for this is going to be something else, isn't it?

Edit: Also, holy crap that's some gorgeous cover art.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  15. JoKawaruso

JoKawaruso Kenkyuusei

Rissen Momoka isn't in the Senbatsu, wasn't she the center of the 2nd Generation? :confused: And I though Ikeda Yura would have a solo song like Nojima Kano...

16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

17. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I can see where you're coming from, but it's based on the premisse that selling CDs is the main goal. Maybe it's about time the business model started to shift, and we stopped generating so much unnecessary trash? It's a waste of money and bad for the environment. If the year of Covid was the push to make that happen, I'm all for it. Yes, please buy more digital singles.

Also, we all know (and management too) that for the vast majority, CDs are a cute piece of merch that comes with handshake/hanashikai/etc tickets. That's all the incentive they need, and the real main business.

Sure, I want better songs, better videos, more making of. But is it essential? Nah. These are hard times, let them focus on what keeps them afloat, er, no pun intended.

18. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    Is this the MV?

What a disappointment.

No real MV, no Rissen Momoka, not the best song and not the best center.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Those covers are absolutely gorgeous tho. The contents of the CD's are lame tho.

Edit: Oh I actually fuck with the title song tho.

20. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    This is not the MV, this is the first performance of the songs at today's Budoukan concert. The title of the video and the description of the video should say as much.

Rissen Momoka failed to keep up with W-Sayakas. It was natural that they wouldn't pick her anymore.

Yes but ever since the 2ki appearance in the 4th Single, she has failed to keep up with the 2 Sayakas member. She was just pushed because she's Rissen Airi's sister.
    Ikechan's solo song should be on the King Record's Single for the Top 8 of the tournament. This is the reward for STU members only

----------
    My thoughts on the song? Absolutely love it. Best song out of STU48 SO FAR, both A sides AND B-sides combined. The covers are gorgeous, the promotional picture is gorgeous, the panel pictures are gorgeous. I like the outfit. The choreography is also nice. I can't wait for the MV.

• Agree Agree x 2