1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    So in the end I am right, it was because of the scandal:glare:

• Dislike Dislike x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She has a digital photobook in Big Comic Spirits released on the 16th.

"Actress Maho Yamaguchi released a digital photo book "TOP SECRET" on the 16th. Enchanted with glossy beautiful skin and transparent skin whiteness.

This work was decided to be urgently released in a digital photo book because there were many cuts due to the number of pages at the time of the cover of the weekly Big Comic Spirits in November 2019 when the cover appeared."

qUXFg2lGeUjwRJ2mbTYKSL6-x1v6l533tKzVeqmbelc.jpeg

002.jpeg

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1998716

Other stories:
    https://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw6836128
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2157550/full/
    https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20200316-997035/

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

omg i'm just suprise how she popular in social media... hmm like she >>>>>>>>>>>>> other NGT's member

• Like Like x 2
  4. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    I’m happy that she’s doing well after graduation. More power to this girl <3

Ngt on the other hand :hehe:[hehe]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    News on Maho's first theater play, which is based on the life and times of writer Osamu Dazai (Wikipedia link), is already out since earlier today (and the role is, historically speaking, a rather heavy one), and so here's me coming back to the thread to leave here a translation of one article on the announcement, complete with more details.
    There are many other articles like that, but I like this one better for neatly leaving Maho's comment separate from the rest.
    Congratulations.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho: first theater play venture with “«Hashire, Melos!» ~ Bungou-tachi no Seishun ~” main-starring Uchi Hiroki! “Hope I can convey across a sense of love that is devotedly upstanding”

[​IMG]

Yamaguchi Maho is going to perform in the romance theater play “«Hashire, Melos!» ~ Bungou-tachi no Seishun ~ [«Run, Melos!» ~ The Youth of the Literary Masters ~]”, main-starring Uchi Hiroki, which is to open its performances from September 5 (Saturday).

This creative work, which has for its subject matter the real life of novel writer Dazai Osamu during his younger days, was scripted as a stage play using as a basis the book of memoirs “Shousetu Dazai Osamu [Dazai Osamu: A novel]”, authored by Dan Kazuo, a writer and a close friend of his who charged headlong through those times together with Dazai. Having since moved to Tokyo after graduating high school, as Dazai aspires to become a novel writer following his successful enrollment into the University of Tokyo, depicted inside in a vivid and unfiltered manner are his fortuitous acquaintance with the future masters of literature Ibuse Masuji and Dan Kazuo, and the many days filled with romanticism and turmoil he spent with Oyama Hatsuyo, Tsushima Michiko, Ota Shizuko, and Yamazaki Tomie, the women Dazai had loved.

For Yamaguchi, today’s work marks her first venture into theater plays. She is to play Yamazaki Tomie, one of the love companions of Dazai Osamu and the one who along with Dazai himself ultimately took her own life as they both drowned themselves.

For the other actor appearances, playing in the role of Dazai Osamu will be Uchi Hiroki, who will return again in a protagonist solo role after two years, following the stage play “Masa ni Sekai no Owari” (2018), while Tanimura Mitsuki has been confirmed for the roles of Oyama Hatsuyo and Ota Shizuko (double role) who led a tumultuous life along with Dazai; as well as Muro Ryuuta (Kansai Johnny’s Jr.) for the role of the writer and close friend of Dazai, Dan Kazuo.

In addition, there will be a colorfully varied cast of actors to make their appearance on stage: Chihara Seiji, Kurada Koran, Yoshida Taiki, Kariya Rui, Hara Shinichiro, Fujii Bin, Ishii Tomoya, Yuu Shin, Kozuki Wataru, as well as Nabe Osami.

All the while possessing a talent as a novel writer that is rare for his kind, his own wild and bold conduct would nonetheless more than once call disaster upon himself, although being helped out by the friendship spirit and the mutual trust he had with the literary giants such as Ibuse and Dan -- Through the historical context inside of which the short novel “Hashire, Melos!” and a number of many other famous works saw the light of the day, the content of this play is to be one that will pose questions on what love is, what friendship is, and what it means to live.

The theater play “«Hashire, Melos!» ~ Bungou-tachi no Seishun ~” will go on stage from September 5 (Saturday) through 13 (Sunday) at Hulic Hall Tokyo (for a total of 13 performances), on September 22 (Tuesday - holiday) at the Nagoya City Assembly Hall (for a total of 2 performances), and from September 25 (Friday) through 27 (Sunday) at Umeda Arts Theater Drama City (for a total of 5 performances).

[​IMG]

Yamaguchi Maho’s comment

I feel overjoyed at the fact that my very first theater play is set to be a production about Dazai Osamu, a native of my home region of Aomori. Yamazaki Tomie, who I am going to play as, will be the last woman in the life of Dazai. To love one human being in an intense way, to the point of loving them to madness. I even find myself envying someone such as Tomie was, for that. Would everyone ever be willing to die for love? All the while being absorbed in this sentiment that is love, which is one that everyone holds inside themselves, I hope I can at the same time convey across one sense of love that is still devotedly upstanding in nature. I’ll work hard in it with all my spirit.

---
    Source: https://popnroll.tv/articles/9948
    Stage play's offical website: https://www.roman-melos.com/
    Stage play's official Twitter: https://twitter.com/roman_melos

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I was just reading up some info on the role Maho is to play, quite a tragic character in many ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Posting a translation of a MyNavi article with an interview with Maho, which was released just today morning in preparation for the "Hashire, Melos!" theater play.
    Notably, this one comes also with actual pictures in the stage clothes at last.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho, what makes being an actress interesting: “Being able to transform into a different self is fun”. Venturing into a difficult role for her first ever stage play

Actress Yamaguchi Maho is going to make her first foray into theater plays with “Roman Butai «Hashire, Melos!» ~ Bungou-tachi no Seishun ~”, main-starring Uchi Hiroki, which is about to open its performances on September 5. After having accomplished her actress debut with the Yomiuri TV/Nippon TV network drama “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau”, previously aired this same year on January, for her next challenge she is proceeding into theater stage plays. Her inner emotions when she resolved on her acting appearance as well as what makes being an actress interesting, the imagine of her future that she is envisioning, and in addition to that, what way did she spend the time she stayed at home due to the Covid-19 emergency -- we got to hear out her talk about all this.

[​IMG]

This production is a story having for its subject matter the real life of novel writer Dazai Osamu, which depicts with vivid details the many days filled with romanticism and tribulations spent with those women that Dazai himself had loved. Yamaguchi will be playing one of the romantic companions of Dazai, as well as the one who ended her own life together with Dazai by both drowning themselves: Yamazaki Tomie.

On the day of the shootings for the promotional photos, Yamaguchi was there answering to our interview while in her character costume. “Since this is my first ever theater play, I’m feeling extremely tense about it. There are so many things I haven’t grasped yet, so while I try assimilate lots of what are the good talents of all the co-performing actors, I want to help make it an acting piece that would have people feel glad to have come watch it”, she said speaking of her ambitions with a feeling of beginner’s modesty.

This will be for her a venture into a difficult character role, but, as she revealed her feelings at the time she resolved on her acting appearance, “Tomie is someone who had loved and then loved even more Dazai, to the point they both died together. The very idea of dying for love is something that’s unfathomable for me. I feel as though I could never bring myself to consecrate what I have up to this point for the person I like, if this were in the real world; but it’s precisely because this is a kind of life that I had never gone through personally, that I thought to myself, much straightforwardly, about how I would want to try living out such an existence.”

In “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau”, which represented her debut work as an actress, she took to paying close attention to what would be the perspective of the viewer side, as she told. “What with this being my first time working on the scene, there were many things that I didn’t know yet. so I took to constantly looking at the acting of the other persons who were performing together with me, trying to appropriate something from them. Those other people, for their part, tended to be mindful of where the camera was, going as far as examining the finest particulars such as the manner they should turn behind their shoulders; and all of this made me think how important it is to be conscious of what way others would see you, while you go about acting”.

What’s more, she is feeling firsthand the joys of what it is to be an actress: “Being able to transform into a different self is so fun”. As she explained, “There are bound to be certain aspects about oneself that you usually don’t like, but once you go on to play a certain character role, you also come to love what this role is, and consequently you can also get to love your own self in a way”. “If there’s one thing you want to hold up to great importance, it is to love that acting role you have. That’s because, the way I think of it, if these feelings of fondness you have for that role were ever to wane out, you would find yourself just unable to play it.”, she spoke.

Yet, together with the joys of acting, she could also sharply perceive the difficulties of it. “My acting abilities are still insufficient by an enormous degree, it’s to the point that everything represents a challenge for me to handle. Being this something I had never done until now, it is tough, but I also feel that I should work hard to progressively become a good actress with every single experience I would go through”, as she told, thus keeping her wits focused.

[​IMG]

Asking her about what visions for the future she is picturing in her mind, she replied: “The current task to undertake for me now is pouring in down to the last bit all of my energy into each individual job. So, in order to be able to play in a various array of roles, it would be good if I could learn to display various kinds of myself first. Also, I hope I can help in delivering an acting performance that would captivate in those people watching it”. “I would also love to be able to pull off action parts. I still haven’t undergone action training just yet, but I’m currently having basic physique-building workouts”, she also added, disclosing her interest in action.

Furthermore, she also holds eagerness towards the job of modeling: “Since I adore beauty care and fashion, it would be great to keep on doing jobs of this kind”. Last year on September, her first ever photobook went on sale, and she is also testing her capabilities with glamour photo features for magazines, but she is sparing no efforts in improving her body figure nonetheless: “I’ll continue with my physique shape-up so that I can be fit to wear any sort of clothings. Other than that, I also have a complex regarding my shoulder breadth being rather narrow, and so for this reason I’m also trying toning up my shoulders, too”. It’s also for the benefit of actress jobs that she is continuing with her training: “after all, if you build up your abdominal muscles, your diction also gets better with it”.

Yamaguchi declared that even during her period staying at home she worked on tightening up her physique in a rigorous way, but when asked about in what other manner she spent this period of time, she then promptly answered back “I was busy reorganizing and discarding my old belongings”. “I threw away all of the old furniture I had. When the time you spend inside your house is much, you also grow displeased with the furniture you have there, and so I thought of wanting to go on and put together what instead are my ideal pieces of furniture. I threw away even my old table, so as things are I am now left without any. (laughs) I have some rigid taste preferences, so right now I’m working on to search around until I manage to find the ideal table I have in mind...“, she spoke.

What piqued our curiosity was also the commentary in her latest Twitter message before having this interview, which read: “What I failed at: Switching between routes. What I am carrying: An heavy baggage. What I gained inside of me: A never-give-up spirit”, so when we asked about the actual details behind it, she explained: “It’s that I am not accustomed to switching between train lines when it’s a place I am going to for the first time ever. Today catching the connection went quite well technically, per se, but then there I failed to stop at the station where I was supposed to get off. Looks like I inadvertently ended up riding on some rapid-service train, instead.” But it also appears that, all the while coping strenuously with the convoluted transportation network of Tokyo, she is also overcoming that with an “never-quitting spirit” of her own: “It happens too much often that I would take the wrong train and find myself bound for a completely different place than intended. Yet recently I have developed myself a never-give-up spirit, the way I can think to myself «It’s alright! This is just business as usual»”.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

---
    Source: https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20200821-yamaguchimaho/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Following up also with a translation of the second installment of the article above, which was brought out today. It picks up a bit from where it left off in yesterday's installment, before preceeding into the newest parts.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho, in the role of a romantic companion “dying for love”, on her first ever theater play. Making use of social media for her character preparation

Actress Yamaguchi Maho is going to make her first foray into theater plays with “Roman Butai «Hashire, Melos!» ~ Bungou-tachi no Seishun ~”, main-starring Uchi Hiroki, which is about to open its performances on September 5. After having accomplished her actress debut with the Yomiuri TV/Nippon TV network drama “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau”, previously aired this same year on January, for her next challenge she is to walk the theater stage floor.

[​IMG]

This production is a story having for its subject matter the real life of novel writer Dazai Osamu, which depicts with vivid details the many days filled with romanticism and tribulations spent with those women that Dazai himself had loved. Yamaguchi will be playing one of the romantic companions of Dazai, as well as the one who ended her own life together with Dazai by both drowning themselves: Yamazaki Tomie. With this turning out to be a difficult character role, we have listened to her thoughts about this production, as well as the story of her preparation to get into the role.

On the day of the shootings for the promotional photos, Yamaguchi was there answering to our interview while in her character costume. “Tomie is actually the direct opposite of what I am -- or to put it better, since her life is one which I have never walked through personally, that’s precisely why I thought to myself, much straightforwardly, about how I would want to try living out such an existence.”, she told, revealing her feelings at the time she resolved on her acting appearance.

Moreover, “I have never found myself besotted in love, personally, but Tomie is someone who had loved and then loved even more Dazai, to the point they both died together. The very idea of dying for love is something that’s unfathomable for me. While Tomie had consecrated herself to such an extreme for Dazai, I feel as though I could never bring myself to consecrate what I have up to this point for the person I like, if this were in the real world”, she talked regarding the differences between Tomie and herself, although also demonstrating her empathy for her: “But in any case, I somewhat feel that this attitude of carrying out down to the last what we have vowed to do is an aspect that we both commonly share...”.

Yamaguchi is a native of Aomori, the same as Dazai. “I am extremely happy to have the opportunity to perform in an entertainment work which features a star of my own birthplace. I feel something of an affinity to it”, she rejoiced. Regarding what mental image she used to have about Dazai, she spoke: “A genius. He was an accomplished man with his literary talent; it makes me realize how I myself would never be capable of such thinking and ideas. The fact that he has devoted his own existence to novels is something I consider amazing, too”, she talked.

Moreover, upon reading through the script of this production, she says to have become familiar with a new facet of Dazai: “I got to know how there was another aspect of him, of how he used to be quite a womanizer. Yet, I feel that it’s also because of this aspect he had, that such superb novels also came into being. So, I think of him as being a person gifted with many charms, the kind of which would bring women to love him”. Illustrating the appeal of this production, she said: “This theater play will have many of the women that Dazai had loved making their appearance; it’s one theater play which features inside both the negative and the positive particulars of Dazai. But given how even those negative aspects also include among them many that are still awe-inspiring even to the point of being endearing, I can only imagine if all this can get everyone to further love Dazai Osamu in the end”.

[​IMG]

About what makes being an actress interesting, Yamaguchi had spoken of how “being able to transform into a different self is so fun”. And even in front of experimenting with a difficult character role such as that of Tomie, she only looks to be enthusiastic in anticipation of it: “While there are some aspects of that which I think I would never dare to do, if it were myself, at the same time the fact this is different than what I actually am is exactly why I am looking forward to undertaking it”.

She said that, together with Motoiki Shigeki, who handled the scenario writing and the stage direction, they had talks on the way how “Tomie is such and such a kind of woman”, so as to match with the image of her. While at it, as it would seem, she also drew inspiration from it by likening Tomie to modern day people. “Among modern day people, the ones close to what Tomie is like might be those women who frequent male host clubs. This is a frank and genuine kind of love we're dealing with, but still, I wonder if this way in which they find themselves completely absorbed in their love, consecrating their all to their respective man, doesn’t resemble each other’s after all. I imagine how there must be many more of these young girls even outside of that, who are in the same way suffering even though they like some certain person so much, and so I have to wonder if there aren’t also aspects which the audience can empathize with, for that”, she spoke.

Adding to that, she revealed that she had been working on getting into her character also by making use of Twitter: “Since there was no one around me who happens to frequent male host clubs, I instead used social media to research on what the feelings of these people are. Also, the sentiment of those girls who feel that their boyfriend is a desperate case of a man but just can’t stop liking them anyway, that is also another thing which I went on to research over Twitter. Looking around with an Internet search, there was a vast variety of people coming up, and there’s a lot I have learned about the fact that despite liking someone so much, they would also find themselves anguishing this much, too”.

About her interaction with Uchi, whose role is that of Dazai, she told of how they exchanged greetings some time before this interview. “When I saw him talking with the others, I couldn’t help thinking of what a lively person he is”, she declared about her impression of him. “Since he’s someone extremely skilled at stage acting, I want to make sure that I too can rival the same intensity of feelings with which Dazai-san, who Uchi-san plays, felt love for Tomie, by in turn loving Dazai-san back” she added, showing her own readiness to fully turn herself into Tomie.

For last, she sent a message addressing the fans: “This one is going to be for me my first theater play. I imagine that even among my own fans there would be some who have never gone to watch a theater play before. So, also for those people, it would be great if they too would come to appreciate theater plays thanks to this show, and along with that also feel the desire inside of themselves to go watch more of them, even those in which I wouldn’t appear”. “While we are also reserving attention to virus prevention measures, I am joining forces with everyone to help bring this theater play to fruition, so I would love it if I too, on my part, can bring off the acting performance with a fun spirit”, she told in describing her own expectations.

---
    Source: https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20200822-yamaguchimaho/

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another interview, this one in Netorabo

I was wondering if I would quit the entertainment world after graduating - Maho Yamaguchi at the first stage, "Readiness to continue working" strengthened in one year from Tokyo

rmfigs1-11.jpg
    rmfigs1-5.jpg
    Here are a few google bits:

Yamaguchi who interviewed in temporary clothes for visual shooting. We talked about her feelings for the first stage and her determination to live in the entertainment world. In addition, during the interview, I would like to add that the reporter was wearing a mask and face guard, and an acrylic board was also installed with Yamaguchi, and that it was a site where infection prevention measures were taken.

-- In August, the temperature suddenly rose. Yamaguchi is from Aomori prefecture, so she is not used to this heat.
    Yamaguchi Aomori is unlikely to get this hot... In Tokyo, it's hot to wear sleeveless clothes, but when I go back to Aomori with short sleeves, I'm sick. Last month I had a very hot day, but my parents contacted me on LINE, "I cooked the stove today" (laughs). I was sending me some heat protection goods, but I was told that I don't need that in Aomori (laughs).

- It was nice to meet you (laughs). By the way, it is finally the first stage that the opening is approaching, but how do you feel now?
    Yamaguchi : I'm very nervous and worried, but I'm more excited than that.

- In one of the mistress of Dazai at work now, you will be playing a woman named Bu Yamazaki was both the last moment. Yamaguchi-san, what kind of woman is Toei?
    Yamaguchi I have a very straightforward love, but I am fascinated by that love. I say things clearly, but I wonder if she is a woman who is both a devoted and loved one.

Even today, there are many such women--people who are in painful romance without going against their emotions, but who love men because they think it is their romance--so I think that there is something that empathizes. I think there is. I'm a rather cold person, but when I see a woman like that, I feel adorable.

- Thank you. Finally, please give a message to the fans who are waiting for the performance.
    Yamaguchi: It's my first stage, and I think that some of my fans will see the stage for the first time, but I want this to be my favorite, and I also love the stage and I love this role. I want to do I hope that you will like a woman named Tomiyama Yamazaki.

https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/2009/01/news012.html

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    There's been many articles yesterday regarding the opening day of the theater play, more or less all revolving around the same topics and the same quotes (for a rather complete list of them you can refer to @SaitoWinterStar 's daily summary over here, and here), so I went on to translate the one that after reading through them struck me as the most comprehensive of all, from Fuji TV View.
    It also has the best photo gallery, at the bottom, which is an additional plus.
    ---

[​IMG]

Uchi Hiroki, revealing an episode which “had him convinced she is bound to become a star” about Yamaguchi Maho, on her debut theater play

Yamaguchi Maho stepped up on the stage along with the leading actor Uchi Hiroki, Tanimura Mitsuki, Muro Ryuuta (Kansai Johnny’s Jr.), Chihara Seiji and Kozuki Wataru for the interview conference held immediately before the opening of the Tokyo performance of “Roman Butai «Hashire, Melos!» ~ Bungou-tachi no Seishun ~, from Dan Kazuo's source work «Shousetu Dazai Osamu»”, which had been held within the capital city on September 5 (Saturday).

[​IMG]

This year marks 80 years since the short story “Hashire, Melos!” by novel writer Dazai Osamu had first been published. Having for its subject matter his tumultuous life filled with both the friendship spirit that Dazai has cultivated with many other writers, as well as the love and anguish experienced with the women that he had loved, this stage play was scripted as a theatrical work using as a basis the book of memoirs “Shousetu Dazai Osamu”, written by Dan Kazuo, a writer and a close friend of his who rode headlong through this period with Dazai himself. Representing the existence full of turmoil of Dazai with romanticism and a rich variety of emotions, there will be a cast of practiced actors to portray the life of such literary legends.

[​IMG]

Yamaguchi, for whom this will go on to be her first ever theater play, gave her greetings saying “Since this is my first stage play, there were numerous things that I couldn’t understand yet. But while receiving the aid of everyone, I managed to arrive at the opening day of the performances, so now I want to commit myself with all of my energies”.

When asked by a reporter “Which one in there had been cordial with you?”, she answered “Everyone, had been cordial”, while trying to hold back a smile. Seeing that, Muro then went on to joke that “Said it in this manner, that would make it look like no one was being cordial, instead. Is that alright?”. “That’s because she had been raised in a severe environment!”, Chihara then responded, alluding to the fact that Yamaguchi previously hails from an idol group. Uchi quipped back at him without delay with a “There you jumped to say that!” [*], which had the cast crew bursting into laughter.

[* Translator’s note: this is also a trademark gag line from comedian Daian Tsuda, which may or may not be relevant.]

[​IMG]

In light of that, there was also a question from the reporters asking “Did Chihara Seiji-san feel intimidating?”. Yamaguchi denied, “Not actually! He’s one extremely unique type of person...”, before once again showing a smiling face and saying “Everyone, they had been all really kind”.

Regarding what part she found herself struggling with in her debut theater play, Yamaguchi revealed that “Depending from scene to scene, the emotions shown in there would suddenly change, so this way of switching from one to another was particularly challenging”. “But still, even about that, I have received from everyone else many pieces of advice, so I worked hard on it”, she beamed a smile.

[​IMG]

The lead actor in the play, Uchi, said in recounting of Yamaguchi that “I thought to myself that she is really something amazing”. “When, during the rehearsals, you would get instructed about this or that from the stage director, virtually all the people on their first theater play tend to react back like «Ah, okay, I got it». Of course, I too used to be this way. So, one thing that had me feeling that Yamaguchi-san really is someone with some nerves of steel, is the way how the phrases with which she replied back were all «Now I see», «Understood». When I saw that, it made me think to myself «she is bound to become a star».”, he said, revealing an episode that happened on the scene.

Yamaguchi accepted it with humbleness saying “It’s not like that...”, but even so Chihara still followed it up with “I do think she has some strong-rooted willpower. She’s bursting with it”. Hearing that, Yamaguchi looked back at it all the while putting on a bashful smile “It’s that (during the rehearsals) I received back inputs that I found myself greatly satisfied with, and it was great that I could get around to implementing them into my method”.

---
    Source: https://www.fujitv-view.jp/article/post-162123/

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Quick heads-up about Maho's appearance on the second episode of the drama "Diver", which is currently currently airing on the Kansai Television network. The episode is set to air next week, for everyone interested.
    ---

DIVER
    - Special infiltration unit -
    Every week on Tuesday, at 9 PM

Episode #2, on air on September 29 (Tuesday)
    [​IMG]

Probe into the mystery hidden behind the chain of suicides of female university students! What is the true objective of the chairpersons of the gourmet circle, the common denominator of it all!?

Five female university students have committed suicide in short succession. Based on an anonymous notification, it is learned that all of them happened to be part of a gourmet circle which is being presided over by one Onohara Mitsuo (Suzuki Jin), a student at the Uroya University. The chief of the Hyougo Prefectural Police, Akutsu (Ryou), thus issues an order to Date (Masanobu Ando) for an investigation by the undercover investigation team, the “D Unit”. Hyogo [note: name of the protagonist, Kurosawa Hyogo] (Fukushi Sota) disguises himself as an university student and starts conducting a reconnaissance of the inner premises, during which Igawa Eri (Yamaguchi Maho), who says to hold an interest in the gourmet circle, comes over to speak up to him. In company of Eri, Hyogo goes on to attend a meeting of the school circle soon after, but on a first glance it would appear that at the circle they are just conducting wholesome activities related to cuisine, as the name suggests. However, Hyogo eventually finds out that, behind the scenes, the leading members are intent on picking and choosing what people are more easily susceptible to implicit commands, although he can’t go as far as understanding what the aims of Onohara are… As if it were not enough, a certain man had been hard on the tracks of Hyogo’s operations.

...​

That turns out to be the new member of the D unit, Shou (Nomura Shuuhei), silently sent in by Date in order to supervise Hyogo, who tends to take on too many actions out of his own ideas. But what would the real nature of this circle ever be…?

---
    Source: https://www.ktv.jp/diver/story/02.html
    Episode trailer: https://twitter.com/diver_ktv/status/1308393107503767554

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I no longer hang around this forum, but when I do, I do it to deliver.
    The news (which is trending right now on Twitter and Yahoo News) already says it all, so all I can do here is to extend my congratulations for the first movie screen role here.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho: first ever movie appearance and first ever protagonist acting, in the role of a beautiful witch - Live adaptation for the popular young girls manga “Chocolat no Mahou”

[​IMG]

News has come in on the 15th of this month that actress and ex-NGT48 member Yamaguchi Maho (25) will be main starring in the movie “Chocolat no Mahou (To be released this summer; Director: Moriwaki Tomonobu), in which said popular young girls manga has been given a live action rendition. This represents her debut on the big screen, as well as her first ever protagonist acting. Yamaguchi, herself also a fan of the original source work, had her heart leaping with excitement in front of the big role, saying that “At the time I received talks for it, I truly felt emotionally thrilled”.

The basis work for it is the young girls manga of the same name by Mizuho Rino-san, published serially inside the popular comic magazine “Ciao” (Shogakukan), and which has broken past a grand total of 1,000,000 copies sold. A fantasy horror series, it sees for its setting a certain manor in which chocolates are offered that hide within a mysterious magical power that can make any wish come true -- if only at the cost of what oneself holds as dearest.

Yamaguchi is going to act as the beautiful witch that works on preparing these mysterious chocolates, Aikawa Chocolat. “In the past I enormously loved Chocolat, as depicted by the author, to the point that I had even set her as my cellphone’s background wallpaper. And so, for that reason, at the time I received talks for it, I really felt myself emotionally thrilled.” The promotional shots also went on to faithfully recreate the original work. Dressed herself in a gothic lolita fashion, with the long purple-colored hair and the large ribbon on her chest as its trademark features, she sent forth an otherworldly stage presence in there.

After graduating from NGT on May 2019, she made her actress debut with the Nippon Television network drama “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau” from last year’s January; and on September of the same year she also had her experience in her first ever theater play. Now this is her silver screen debut, with times being finally ripe for it. Shootings for it have already been completed; “I felt insecure on whether I would be up to the task, but also with the support from the various people from the staff and the co-performing actors, I managed to play in it without problems”, she said while showing through her feelings of fulfillment. Producer Furugori Shinya also gave his comment: “I am confident that, by also making good use at the same time of Yamaguchi-san’s own special characteristics, this turned out to be a marvellous movie version of Chocolat”.

In addition to that, starting from 3:20 PM on the 16th, Yamaguchi is set to make a live appearance on the YouTube channel of Jisedai World Hobby Fair Online, as well as on Ciao Channel.

---
    Source: https://hochi.news/articles/20210115-OHT1T50317.html

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  17. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Ah, that's fantastic news! Good for her! May it be just the beginning of her career in movies. Wonderful to see her doing well. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    mod edit: breaking two forum rules in a one word post must be a new record, btw, remember your own motto "don't judge"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    One more follow-up article out of the many that had been released later into the day today. This one comes notably with the official comments from Maho, director Moriwaki Tomonobu, as well as the manga author Mizuho Rino.
    The content is common with other articles published on other media outlets (Oricon's, for example). Also, the fact that they all came out after the promotion appearance on the previously-mentioned YouTube channel suggests that this was maybe intended to be the main piece of news announcement, but Sports Houchi's morning publication jumped the gun before all else.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho acts in her first ever protagonist performance on the big screen, Mizuho Rino’s manga “Chocolat no Mahou” receives movie adaptation

[​IMG]

Mizuho Rino’s manga “Chocolat no Mahou” has been adapted into a movie, with Yamaguchi Maho, who graduated from NGT48 back in 2019, starring in the main protagonist part. It has also been learned that it is slated for release in 2021.

Published on the manga magazine Ciao, the manga “Chocolat no Mahou” had broken past the mark of 1,000,000 copies sold in total across the whole series. This is a fantasy horror which has for its leading protagonist Aikawa Chocolat, a chocolatier that would prepare mysterious chocolate candies that can make wishes come true simply by eating them. Within the story, one female high school student bearing a certain wish hidden inside her heart comes to visit the manor inhabited by Chocolat, who as the price to pay for her chocolates would take with herself what one person has as their “dearest thing”. Participating as the director was Moriwaki Tomonobu, who worked on the drama “Suits” and the “Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi” series among others, whereas Kanazawa Tatsuya handled the scriptwriting.

Playing the part of Chocolat, a chocolatier and a beautiful witch at the same time, Yamaguchi declared that “Since I used to be a reader of Ciao back in my elementary school days, at the time when I received talks for it I truly felt emotionally thrilled as though I had gone back to that period”. “Being on my first big screen appearance and on my first protagonist acting, I felt insecure on whether I would be up to the task, but also with the collaboration from the various people from the staff and the co-performing actors, I managed to make it past that”, she also commented. In addition to that, she sent out a call saying: “While Chocolat is a chocolatier who can prepare chocolate candies that will make wishes come true, she also expects to receive back something which that person holds as dear, as a price for realizing such wishes -- This is an unexpected side that will leave people breathless, which makes me wonder if it wouldn’t be enjoyable for people from all different generations. It is my personal desire that families too would come over and have fun watching it, by all means.”

Moreover, Moriwake spoke of how “Yamaguchi Maho-san too, who seemingly felt lost back at the time of the makeup testing for Aikawa’s character, when it came for her to stand in front of the camera on the first day of the shootings she had already turned into the very image of Aikawa Chocolat, combining together both beautifulness and eeriness in it!”, while Mizuho added that “In addition of course to those people who already know of Chocolat, the content is without a doubt also one that can be well appreciated also by those who don’t know of her yet. Don’t hesitate to come see it!”

The movie “Chocolat no Mahou” is scheduled to be progressively released across the whole country starting from early 2021 Summer.

Yamaguchi Maho’s comment

Since I myself, personally speaking, used to be a reader of Ciao back in my elementary school days, at the time when I received talks for it I truly felt emotionally thrilled as though I had gone back to that period.
    Chocolat, as drawn by Mizuho Rino-sensei inside of the source work, is so very cute. As I progressed into reading through the original series, I found myself more and more enamoured of Chocolat’s prettiness -- I enormously love Chocolat, as depicted by her author, in fact, to the point that I have even set her as my cellphone’s background wallpaper.
    But for all that, just as much as I was fascinated by Chocolat, so did I then feel insecure on whether I would be up to the task, being myself on my first big screen appearance and on my first protagonist acting, but still also with the collaboration from the various people from the staff and the co-performing actors, I managed to make it also past that. With the costumes, hairstyle, and makeup also being all faithfully recreated, this too is another key point that I hope people would direct their attention to.
    While Chocolat is a chocolatier who can prepare chocolate candies that will make wishes come true, she also expects to receive back something which that person holds as dear, as a price for realizing such wishes -- This is an unexpected side that will leave people breathless, which makes me wonder if it wouldn’t be enjoyable for people from all different generations.
    It is my personal desire that families too, by all means, would come over and have fun watching it.

Moriwaki Tomonobu’s comment

We have gone on to shoot it with an eye firmly on both the beautifulness and scariness of it, in a manner that it won’t pale in comparison to the energy of the original work. I trust that people would be able to enjoy this blend of both horror elements and the sparkling feeling that is typical of school-themed stuff.
    Yamaguchi Maho-san too, who seemingly felt lost back at the time of the makeup testing for Aikawa’s character, when it then came for her to stand in front of the camera right on the first day of the shootings she had already turned into the very image of Aikawa Chocolat herself, combining together both beautifulness and eeriness in it! I would definitely appreciate it if you will all come watch it in cinemas.

Mizuho Rino’s comment

A live-action movie adaptation, I’m so very happy about it! Many fantastic people have been kindly taken part in the working for it.
    So, in addition of course to those people who already know of Chocolat, the content is without a doubt also one that can be well appreciated also by those who don’t know of her yet.
    Don’t hesitate to come see it!

---
    Source: https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/412679

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Reading up a little on the manga/anime, it's hard to imagine a more perfect role for her. Hopefully there'll be some way for international fans to watch it eventually.

• Like Like x 1