1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Maybe, or maybe she (they both) stopped taking the group seriously because she lost her push, which was due to performance in the group. That in turn led to doing stupid stuff and getting caught.

Or maybe they weren't taking it seriously from the start and that's why their pushes stopped. Point is, their performance did tank before they left, and while it wasn't the reason they left it was likely related.

2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just, what is happening on Twitter ?
    #あなたのAKBどこから (Anata no AKB48 doko kara) is trending currently.

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/202101150000018.html

https://www.musicvoice.jp/news/202101150176558/

There was also a recent survey of teenagers about “old fashioned” songs like Heavy Rotation.

■ 2nd place "Heavy Rotation" / AKB48
    Reason:
    ・ Because I danced and sang so much
    when I was a nursery school ・ A song that everyone can enjoy anytime, anywhere! When I was in elementary school, everyone around me danced at school events.
    ・ When I was in elementary school, I listened to only AKB songs.

https://popnroll.tv/articles/14089

Yuihan’s answer:[google, but still understandable]
    After watching the loud diamond MV that my sister taught me

The 2nd gen member of SKE48 was rejected in the dance examination. The 8th gen member of AKB48 was rejected in the 2nd examination and decided to give up because he could not go to Tokyo while he was a high school student. It was around RIVER in the winter of my second year of high school that I passed the AKB48 9th term research student audition and came to Tokyo.

#From where your AKB

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It was basically about how people found out about AKB48 and became fans of the group. I thought it was especially interesting to read members' posts regarding the subject because for them it was less like "why did I become a fan" and more like "why did I audition."

Some of my favourite were Ichikawa Miori and Sashihara Rino. Miorin because she said she originally wanted to audition for AKB48's 8th generation and I think she dodged a bullet there [hehe] As for Sasshi, I thought it was funny that she just tweeted "YUKARIN" at first and then explained that she got into AKB48 because of a Hello Kitty related blog post by Sato Yukari.

When I think of old gen oshimen, Sato Yukari isn't on my list of members I'd expect anyone to oshi, but I love that Sasshi chose her.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Elstree

Elstree Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    ❤ Kato Shiho ❤
    AKB48 Team8 TOKYO IDOL PROJECT × @ JAM NewYear Premium Party 2021

Setlist :
    1:12 - 前しか向かねえ (Mae shika mukanee)
    3:57 - 思春期のアドレナリン (Shishunki no Adrenaline)
    6:35 - 制服の羽 (Seifuku no hane)
    9:18 - MC1
    13:14 - 背中から抱きしめて (Senaka kara Dakishimete)
    15:42 - 転がる石になれ (Korogaru Ishininare)
    18:23 - みなさんもご一緒に (Minasan mo goissho ni)
    21:01 - チャイムはlove Song
    23:39 - MC2
    24:52 - 離れていても (Hanareteitemo)
    27:35 - MC3
    28:27 - After Rain
    30:57 - 47の素敵な街へ (47 no sutekina machi e)
    34:37 - MC4

35:17 - 夢へのルート (Yume e no route)

if the video does not show watch the video here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT IDOL GRANDPRIX 2020【AKB48チーム8】
    29 Dec 2020

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    AKB48 performing in 2007 I don't remember the festival or broadcasting it was.

yellow: Minami minegishi, Minami takashi, Ono Erena

blue: Masuda Yuka, Tomomi Kasai,

green: Sae Miyazawa, Sayaka Akimoto, Mayu Wantanabe

red: Mariko Shinoda, Yuko Oshima, Ayaka Umeda

orange: Tomomi Itano, Rina Nakanishi, Mai Oshima

songs that were sung: Mirai no Kajitsu, BINGO, Boku no Taiyou

this is the time I wish I was old enough or lived in japan to see this but because I was three I couldn't make choices or convince people yet
    (also I posted this on Reddit before here)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    gotta put some respect on Yukari's name tho. Once those ladies got moved to SDN most just ignored them (especially since SDN wasn't allowed to participate during the elections...for no reason imo).

8. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah the only election the participated in was the 1st ssk and the 5th ssk

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Don't get me wrong, I love her too. I remember watching AKB48 1ji59fun and 0ji59fun, and Yukari and Noro Kayo were really the MVPs of the show and overall variety back then. Other members made me laugh too, but they were really the real reason why I watched the early episodes. The other members got the hang of it a bit later on imo.

I'm just not used to people picking variety idols as their oshimen in general, I think. Sasshi really feels like the exception to the norm. If you look at popular/pushed member nowadays, we have Yuiyui, Zukkii, Naachan, Yuirii... They're all more serious and cute-looking rather than the type of idol you'd make fun of and who'd then hit back at you. They would most likely just wave their hands and go "iyaiya, that's not true." Fair enough, they're staying respectful, but it's funny to see them get loud and retaliate. It's variety, after all.

My favourites are also mostly variety idols... Tano Yuka was known as one of the noisy kids back then. I came to love Minegishi Minami because she was cheeky back on AKBINGO. My original kami-oshi was Akimoto Sayaka, who'd also shout at people on AKBINGO if they made fun of her. I also really loooove Hama Sayuna and Suzuki Kurumi. I also recently got into Hinatazaka46, and my original favourite was Iguchi Mao (now already graduated though T_T) and she was constantly the punchline on Hinata's variety shows, but she also joked along.

I love(d) Yukari and I'm sad at how she and other AKB>SDN members were pushed into oblivion, but I'm still surprised to see people voice variety idols as their oshimen.

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    16ki adult members, live in around 1h30

• Like Like x 1
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm hoping the AKBINGO revival will allow those variety-dols to gain some popularity in the fandom tbh. I feel like we use to have quite a few popular variety-dols back in the golden era, but that really went to shit

Edit: ya'll can fight me, but Oya Shizuka was one of the funniest idols we ever had and I demand better for her

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I hope they know how much people love AKBINGO. When the #AnataNoAKBDare hashtag was trending (~how did you find out about AKB48), I sent them a tweet saying "In 2015, I wanted to start learning Japanese so I watched a variety show. That variety show was AKBINGO! Since then, I love the members." and the official AKB48 account liked my tweet.

Obviously one person won't bring back a show (especially not me, a foreigner with no access to the actual channel that broadcasts the show), but I really hope that the revival will be a success and show them how much people need their variety shows to get to know members.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Variety shows are crucial for idols. Morning Musume really did A LOT back in the day and it was how I got invested and we use to have quite a few fans who would translate stuff too. It was actually one of the biggest complaints for fans of H!P when they got rid of all their variety stuff. Ogawa Makoto was a variety queen imo but she was not very captivating as a performer and I mean look no further than Sayu-chan and Momochi who revived H!P during the platinum era. AKB's management needs to get some regular members on local shows. Sasshi is gone and tbh I can't really name a current 48-idol who is even close to her level on TV shows or movies.

Edit: I will say tho Nogi has been doing really well tho...so like they have a formula.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I have my suspicion back then that if SDN member were to rank that'll have some impact to love ban rule (if I remember correctly they didn't have love ban rule right?)

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    How is that related to SDN? I genuinely don't know much about them except the members who were originally AKB members... were SDN members publicly dating?

And as for AKB, as far as I know, they have never had (and still don't) an official love ban, but I feel like back then, members who were found out to be dating were chastised a lot more. I feel like they cooled down a lot with their punishments after the Miichan incident. Look at how many members graduated or were demoted back then because of scandals.

[HIDE]
    • 2008 – Kikuchi Ayaka dismissed because of a scandal
    • 2010 – Akimoto Sayaka resigned as captain of Team K because of a scandal
    • 2011 – Oba Mina is removed as captain of Team 4 and goes on hiatus because of a scandal
    • 2011 – Shimada Rena is temporarily suspended because of a scandal
    • 2011 – Watanabe Miyuki is dropped from senbatsu for Oh My God after a scandal
    • 2012 – Hirajima Natsumi graduates because of a scandal
    • 2012 – Yonezawa Rumi graduates because of a scandal
    • 2012 – Masuda Yuka graduates because of a scandal
    • 2012 – Sashihara Rino is moved to HKT48 because of a scandal
    • 2013 – Minegishi Minami is demoted to Kenkyuusei after a scandal
    • 2014 – Watanabe Miyuki is involved in a scandal for sleeping over at a male model's house. Two months later, she's part of her first SKE48 senbatsu
    • 2014 – Murashige Anna is caught on a date with a JOHNNY member. I don't think anything changed for her.
    • 2015 – Kashiwagi Yuki + possible former boyfriend have their pictures released. Five days later, she has her highest ever sousenkyo position (#2).
    • 2016 – Kinoshita Haruna is caught in an affair with a married mad. Graduated five months later.
    • 2017 – Tano Yuka is seen on a possible date with a male costar. Nothing happens
    • 2018 – Chiba Erii is privately talking to fans on SNS private messages. I personally don't think it's a big deal but it raised some eyebrows, but nothing happened
    • 2018 – Tano Ayaka and Nishigata Marina are found out to have been building relationships with fans that might have potentially led to another member being endangered. Ayaka graduated 2.5 years later
    • 2018 – Kato Minami is demoted to Kenkyuusei after talking badly about the above incident in an accidentally public instagram post
    • 2019 – Yahagi Moeka + former boyfriend have their pictures released. 3 months later she receives her first A-side center for Sustainable despite being a fairly new member
    • 2020 – Mogi Shinobu is rumoured to be dating a girl. Nobody says anything and it dies down
    There was also a scandal about Kasai Tomomi sleeping over at the house of the head of AKS (2013) and another sleep over scandal including Takajo Aki (2016), but both of these were revealed a few days after the girls already announced graduation, so I'm not sure if they're related. But who knows.

[/HIDE]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    @lionel90 gave me a great idea. Once the pandemic is over, in 2024, AKB should hold twelve concerts based on the astrological signs. What would the lineups look like?

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Scandals aren't the same so their treatment isn't the same. Not all punishments are explicit, denial of outside work for example

[HIDE]
    • 2014 – Watanabe Miyuki is involved in a scandal for sleeping over at a male model's house. Two months later, she's part of her first SKE48 senbatsu [/HIDE]
    Regarding this, you might be taking it from an English translation. They were both photographed coming out of the same apartment building in Tokyo, not a house. And they were never pictured together iirc. I think she was really upset by bunshun making 2 + 2 =5. Bursting into tears at the first SKE stage she did indicated she wasn't exactly ecstatic at her kennin being transferred to SKE.

• [HIDE]2014 – Murashige Anna is caught on a date with a JOHNNY member. I don't think anything changed for her.[/HIDE]
    things definitely changed for her. She got a yellow card and wasn't given any outside work for a year, she could only do theater stages.

• [HIDE]2015 – Kashiwagi Yuki + possible former boyfriend have their pictures released. Five days later, she has her highest ever sousenkyo position (#2)..[/HIDE]
    And then the next year she lost 80k votes. In any case she's old

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I get you and I understand that, but I think management became a lot more lenient on the girls.

On another note, Honey Harmony is going live in approximately 3 minutes

• Like Like x 1
  19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The SDN members still had to adhere to the idol standards...I don't think any were in a public relationship until they left the group. The early 2010's was still very much strict on "no dating" even if it wasn't explicitly said. The SDN members most definitely had boyfriends or girlfriends - as most idols do - but no one really cared cause they catered themselves as the adult-AKB.

I did not hear about that Mogi one tho. But yea those golden years they were much stricter about dating. Once that passed, management was more lenient I'd say.

20. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    in one of Annin's either q&a or "x things about..." videos, she says there's no love ban rule whatsoever, but considering the amount of time they spend on their idol related activities, there's just no way on earth they have the time to put up with dating too