1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Just saw this translation from a japanese article:

Aki-P on Koisuru Fortune Cookie: "Sasshi hated it and even cried. She wanted an upbeat song, like Acchan’s and Yuko’s, that made it easy for fans to call her name, but she got a slow one. She flat out told me: ‘Why did you give me such a shit song.’ Thankfully, Koisuru Fortune Cookie became a huge hit around the world. It’s only then that Sasshi started saying: ‘I asked Aki to write that one.’"

:lol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't know about you, but I watch YT more than listen to it. KFC is a lot of fun: "What's Up Japan!," cross dressers, pro-wrestlers, taxi drivers, ordinary people and students dancing, and my favorite, Yuko mugging for the camera. And that's not including all the videos made by companies like Samantha Thavasa and children in daycare.

Don't tell me that 365 is more fun to watch than KFC.

New Topic:
    Satopii's birthday.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Tatsuya Makiho's graduation.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I actually love KFC (yes, both of them), it's not hard to decipher why it becomes so famous: the song itself is easy-listening and catchy, the dance is so simple that everyone can dance along, the MV is a lot of fun. When it comes to my favorite, it isn't, and I like Heavy Rotation better for example, but I still can accept KFC everytime it plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another birthday: Omori Maho

And Muto Tomu

And the 15th Anniversary

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Thats been pretty much my thinking for a couple of years. Under the old Aki-p led AKS it seemed like Akb were always striving for something, whether it was for more public recognition, bigger concerts, whatever. But it seems like under the post-2014 AKS they were content to cut costs and milk the wota for easy money.

6. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Maybe the simple answer is just that Akimoto are just bored with AKB. It's late but maybe it's a good idea to change the producer. Better late than never thingy

• Like Like x 1
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The schedule of slots for 3/13 has now been released:
    https://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/images/57th-akb48-online-0313-schedule.pdf

There'll be just 3 slots that day, all in the evening. All members in Teams A/K/B/4 will take part apart from Annin, Miichan and Naachan. In Team 8, only Akari, RinRin, YuiYui, Odaeri and Naru will have slots. There'll be no sister group members, it appears that it'll be an AKB-only event.

8. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    You’re so right about management not capitalizing on that bc I literally didn’t even know that happened.

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I get that people are annoyed at how overplayed KFC is, but it's genuinely a fun song. When it comes on shuffle while I play music, I still sing and dance along. It's been one of my favourite singles for quite a while and I still like it. My only issue is that recent songs don't get as much performance time.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Whatever one thinks about KFC it'll never be as bad as Kokoro no Placard

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's not just about it being overplayed. I still love Heavy Rotation for example, but I never liked KFC. It was and is an annoying song to listen to, which just makes how overplayed it is that much more grating.

But yes, at least it's not KnP
    Or KnBMB

12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Not their worst song but definitely one of their most boring songs.

13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    down to the root of problems, japan entertainments arent really looking out for worldwide fans and getting recognition from world isnot even in their target. no matter who in charge, young or old, as long as the mindset 'we can get money easily from local' is there, there will be no change at all. however, can someone tell me why so far(i think), only 48/46 groups that upload short version instead of full version in official channel while many other japan artist has upload full version of their song and MV?

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't even think the problem is about trying to appeal to worldwide fans. if anything, it matters more for these groups to have bigger fanbases in Japan than outside. The thing is if that uploading full versions of music videos can be a big help for the popularity and interest in Japan as well. We were talking about 365 or Saikyou Twintail, 2 songs popular with the japanese audience, so it's about Japan and management not caring to capitalize on the attention (and success) that AKB can get in Japan. I don't know other groups who waste chances like this :/

• Like Like x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the full MV thing is more of a recent trend. I used to be really into Flower (a sub group of E-girls) and they only have short version or 3/4 versions of their songs on youtube as well, with a couple of exceptions.

AKB48 has been around since a time when that was the norm so I guess they just haven't found a reason to change their upload pattern.

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    The 48 Groups upload the full version of their A-sides right when the singles are released. The short version thing (and releasing the full version when the following single comes out) is a thing of the past. The coupling songs tho...

17. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    But when Team B performed KnP in Kumamoto together with Kumamon I think it's ok.

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    KnP is a song that had the potential to be better.

19. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

KnP was IMHO a case of something that was trying too much of the same as something already so successful that still hadn't tapered off yet in terms of being hot and trendy to likewise take off. The song itself makes for a nice easy listening in many a location and under many a scenario (I.E in an elevator/stairwell/hallway while traveling through an apartment building or college/university campus, in a waiting room at the doctor's office/hospital/clinic, on short or long drives in your car (especially if you happen to have rain as your backdrop because the weather's being rude), while reading a book/magazine/newspaper if you're into doing that and more so if you're into doing it with music on, etc etc). I honestly wish I could say KnP was a flop outside of the financial side of the equation due specifically to the song being some kind of travesty, but the song itself really just was not the problem.

• Like Like x 3
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    KnP was the first AKB48 song I ever heard and indeed the first MV I ever saw, and it was the MV which made the big impression on me with the dancing, the colourful costumes and the very pretty girl as the center. ;) However from a music point of view - well, let's just say that my fandom of the group didn't kick in until the release of the following single (Kibouteki Refrain).

• Like Like x 1