1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Fujiyoshi Karin (Karin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

I didn't expect my favorite songs from the single to be Karin-centered, but I really loved NazeKoi and now I listen constantly to Plastic Regret also. I wish there's an MV for Plastic Regret, I like the dance choreography for the song.

I'm pleasantly surprised and delighted that Karin is shining in this role. She may seem...like a difficult wall ("fujiyoshi no kabe", lol) but whenever she breaks into that smile of hers, I just melted.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've done softsubs for Naze Koi, which you can access from the "Sakurazaka lyrics" link in my sig. I think Karin-chan's work here is outstanding, with grace and expressiveness that suits the song. The moment when she strides forward from the circle, near the end, is amazing, with joy, power and grace. (click/tap photos to enlarge)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A Japanese commentator has set out an interesting interpretation of the lyrics, which I talk about in the 1st single thread.

3. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Thank you for your hard work.

recently risa is appealing to karin because of how cute she is, so fuuchan doesn't want to lose (not that it's a competition). she have a cute smile, so fuuchan want to make her smile https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1361279058265346048?s=19
    Kira said,
    Yesterday, I gave Valentine's chocolate to Fujiyoshi-san. When she accepted it, she said "isn't it your favorite?".

Kira replied "My favorite is you.. (bot name)" #kiratalk

https://sakurazaka101.com/member/fujiyoshi-karin/
    Fujiyoshi Karin is often seen as a very "my-paced" girl where she is usually minding her own business. Due to that, she is regarded as a cool beauty. However, just like a cat she is actually very soft and likes to be spoiled once she warms up to you. Despite her quietness, Karin holds a fiery passion and warm love towards the members and group. She pitched on the group's show wanting her height to be below 160cm and after much consideration, the Keyakizaka46's website changed her height to [ 165.1cm 159.6cm? ]. Karin also served as one of the centers for Sakurazaka46’s debut single where fans saw a different side of her. Her gap of personalities has charmed both the fans and the members alike.

Lol. Her intro in Sakurazaka101

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The mini-live was great. This is a terrific group. Although the fact that the performances were entirely sung live did expose a couple of voices that weren't quite there. Karin has a good voice, and I wouldn't say she was "exposed" at all, but she needs to work on power. And she was a bit out of breath at the beginning of one song. But she carried that off with aplomb.

Her dancing and expressions were to die for. She may not be as skilled a dancer as Suzumoto, but to me she is the most graceful dancer Keyaki/Sakura has ever had. Her movements have such elegance and smoothness, while still being sharp. And she is so expressive, in movements and facial expressions.

I know it may be just me, but I love the fact that she is unsmiling most of the time. I don't like the traditional idol performed smile and prefer something that feels more natural. Karin carries this a bit far, of course, but the members described her as "mysterious," and I'll go with that. I love the way she (I wonder if anyone advised her: Takahiro?) is using that gesture with her amazingly long and flexible fingers as a trademark.

It's interesting that when she is dancing, a smile seems to come naturally. She may have been an "ambivalent idol," as her father called her on KeyaKake #180 (May 2019), but my intuition is that now she is becoming very happy with her life and success as an idol. I get that feeling even from the Hono-Karin Showroom of a year ago (YT, blbl w/Chinese subs).

Dare I say it, the humorous little expressions that kept coming to her face in that Showroom reminded me of Memi. I note that they are just about the same age, Karin 4 months older (and therefore just two months younger than Hirate).

I've been going back over these threads to catch up on things I missed, and I want to thank everyone, and @dinbradpitt (and tmi) in particular, for some great links, pics, and info. The bilibili download site alone is a treasure.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Niceee . Love reading comment by @ukifune . I'm not good with words . I wish I could write like you to tell how much I love karin.

Btw. Congratulation to karin for Cm on aeon card . img-161423118978646b9c32b59fd75bd59d71469e70e662f.jpg img-161423118644738439fe28118031a9482c3e50022a8c9.jpg img-161423118433839c5e46363666f9cf5d80bf209b9ebd0.jpg img-1614231182301bc6a53e27d0bb618c0edf1f11ee5854a.jpg img-161423117817254a571d339e7b8b3c4b294f78e8ec309.jpg img-1614231180209ff99c4970d13e2bc34d61e2aa30bf542.jpg img-1614231175907c4b947254baf2d872219d45ef467cb1c.jpg

Karin will be missing rikopi. Tomorrow her last sokosaku https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1363059169314545669?s=19

"A member I would want to have as my girlfriend? Of course it's Karin! How long do you think I have been aiming for her? It's ben like, 2 and a half years. Althought that didn't come true"

https://twitter.com/Ares_Runrun/status/1362725681864400899?s=19
    https://twitter.com/karinchan0829/status/1362691156320997377?s=19
    https://twitter.com/laina_fmo/status/1362741927846678536?s=19

Q What are Fujiyoshi Karin's "strength"?

Hikaru: The unwavering strength of her will and mind

"While I am also a member, she have a unique charm that draws me in. She have a beautiful standing figure, smooth dance, and personally I also like the shape of her nose (laughs) >>

Lol. Runchan same as me. I. Like the shape of karin nose. So tall nose.

What is the "color" of Sakurazaka46?

Karin: The many possibilities not bound by concept*

"Being able to inherit the colors of Keyakizaka46 while creating new ones beyond it, is unique to this group. Additionally, I also think that Sakurazaka46's charm is that we can express the difference(s) in world views more strongly from song to song. >>

This interview from nonno magazine
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1363182187848245248?s=19

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Ten-chan had numerous pictures of other members in her latest blog. Including some of Karin:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the photos coming out in ViVi are terrific for all three of the subjects -- Karin, Run-chan, and Ten-chan. Especially interesting for Karin, as she says in the text, because they did her hair without bangs, revealing most of her forehead. She said she almost always wears bangs because her forehead is so low. On the other hand, these photos made me think showing more forehead gives her face better balance, rather than being a bit scrunched by the bangs. She looks excitingly different, anyway:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I love that first image: professional woman. And I think of the last image as: Queen guarded by predatory angels.

Karin had some fascinating things to say in the interview:
    • When she first heard of the new structure, she felt how interesting a triple centre could make the group, changing the feeling as they switched centres for different songs.
    • She says that when the change to Sakurazaka was made, staff asked them to present a brighter feeling, but she didn't change.
    • Despite the change, they aimed to remain a group that was very fussy about their performance. She said they were idols, sure, but that wouldn't change. Their aim was to be a unique group, and she wanted them to continuously change their idol concept.
    • She was a bit bewildered when she got a love song to do [i.e., Naze Koi], since she is not the type of person who watches romance dramas or movies, and she had to do research, looking at a lot of things to get the feelings right.
    • She said the lyrics to Nobody's Fault were kind of naughty: a line like "Don't be so conceited, eh!" was something that would not normally be put in their mouths to sing. It gave her a fresh feeling, and she was happy to think that they were continuing the Keyakizaka world view.
    • The interviewer said they got along like sisters, and they agreed that the three of them got along very well, very easily, and said the whole group got along well, comfortable and calm....but really noisy when they got noisy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I found myself translating today's new blog. Love that first photo...and both of the others, too. Caption: "Somebody's asleep."

[​IMG]

Thanks to @dinbradpitt for the links to the Matsudaira photos. Good photos -- except that they mean she's leaving. She and Karin made a great team -- even if she may have been a bit too touchy-feely for Karin's taste (as shown in hidden camera video, lol).

EDIT: Great translation from Non-no by tmi. A must-read:
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1363182187848245248

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Yeah, that's Hono with her hand lower than it should be. [hehe]

I thought the writing on the left shoe was "Who is ready?", but I'll accept "Who is nerdy?" on both shoes.

If that's an all-in-one neck support/hoodie, I want one of those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Work never stop for karin. She is n the spotlight .SOOO happy for her.

https://twitter.com/maru_yuipon46/status/1364804001754046474?s=19

https://twitter.com/maru_yuipon46/status/1364788698617761796?s=19

https://twitter.com/karinchan0829/status/1364781882676633603?s=19
    https://twitter.com/sakurazakakr/status/1364774069271285761?s=19
    Plsss check the link above 20210225_132915.jpg 20210225_133742.jpg 20210225_132904.jpg 20210225_132805.jpg 20210225_132723.jpg 20210225_132810.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here

https://youtu.be/ng07M2QC7YE

karin said that her morning routine, in order to wake up, is... by pouring boiling water on her head, or rather, a shower with about 50 degree Celsius water (ಠ_ಠ)???? https://t.co/gNWwojPUWP

karin think think the degree probably drops because her shower head is the type that spray the water like mist, but she did it over her head

hono: oh my god i didn't know that https://t.co/n8CJvUZHal

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I just read some comments on the pictures (above) of Karin holding the black stuffed animal (stuffed monster?). Comments like:
    • "Karin-chan is so cute!"
    • "Karin-cha!"
    • "This is #66, who came second in the joint auditions."
    • "Doesn't it look like she's going to crush the stuffie?"
    • "The way she holds it really conveys how soft and round it is."

In her blog today she says the stuffie is now by her pillow and she keeps handling it, because it's so springy. She invites everyone to get one. She also asks if people have downloaded the game, and says "Let's play it together."

EDIT: Just watched a bit of her last day audition Showroom. No wonder she came so high. If she could give as intimate and easy a feeling as that in handshake, she'd be a killer.

EDIT2: Karin's scalding hot shower morning routine has, of course, elicited some comment. As @dinbradpitt reports, she says that every morning she showers (at least her head) in 50-degree water (that's 122 degrees Fahrenheit). And Hono was shocked. Comments:
    • "even the members don't know Karin-chan's mode of living"
    • one poster said that, thinking Karin must have high-performance bathroom fixtures, he investigated and discovered that there has been a shower-head boom in Japan recently, with searches for the word jumping suddenly in 2019, and rising sharply over the past year. "[The boom] even got over the Fujiyoshi wall." (Fujiyoshi no kabe)
    • and there are comments about how hot she is, of course.
    I just discovered that the Japanese "purarigu プラリグ" refers to the song Plastic Regret. And that "now north" (今北 imakita) means "ima kita" (今来た "I just got here, I'm new here"). Local jargon.

EDIT3: Translation of Karin's 26 Feb blog post about Summoners War.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

To learn about her, I've been watching Karin and Hono's Showroom of 23 Feb 2020. Not the most lively I've seen, but comforable and calm. They both seem like quiet people. Karin has a slightly ironic but happy smile through most of the show. Cute and kind of normal. Hono at 22 shows in her manner that she is three years older than Karin. Here's the show. I'll add a few notes of what they talked about.

• Both really happy that people from other countries are watching this, and come to handshake events.
    • The jet coaster was scary at the time, but Karin thinks she might like to try it again.
    • Karin hates going to the seaside: it's so much trouble changing, and you end up all sticky with salt.
    • They both agree a location shoot in Hokkaido would be nice
    • Karin used to not like horror, but it's okay now. She goes to films alone, even horror now, but sits near the entrance so she doesn't have to walk past people.
    • Thanks for 30,000 viewers
    • Both of them like going out and walking around the city. Where to? That's a secret.
    • Nijika-san [she was still there then] is friendly, easy to talk to, and Karin says it was easy to see she was going to be easy to talk to. Hono-chan envied Karin's friendliness with Nijika.
    • Karin says neither of them seem to go out with other members, and Hono says that's true. Neither likes to invite others. They both wait for someone else to invite them.
    • They say the members don't go out together much.
    • But Inoue says she has gone out with every member.
    • They were really nervous for early performances, once even held hands, shaking.
    • But now not much nervousness.
    • Lots of 2gens aren't nervous. Morita in particular. Karin: Hii-chan is great, someone you can depend on.
    • Karin seems basically much more relaxed than Hono. But Hono seems stronger and more confident. She also seems to be worrying and trying to make the show go well, while Karin is just happy and passive.
    • Karin seems sort of self-satisfied, in a nice way. She's enjoying Hono and the audience.
    • Both are always looking at the comments sent in real time by the audience, sometimes smiling as if the comments are funny or sexy but not something they can respond to.
    • Make fun of some attitudes of fans. Hono: "No we’re not holding hands off-screen." Karin: "What would that be about?" Hono says there was nothing funny going on when they held hands out of nervousness before that early performance.
    • Karin very pretty, but very normal, no makeup, like a cousin or the freaky girl in the next class. Real rather than performing, except maybe performing herself a bit.
    • Hono notices: "Inoue is watching!" She had said she would and she did. Karin says Inoue is very praiseworthy. "I love Inoue!"
    • Will Karin grow her hair long? "I might try it sometimes in the future, but more likely not."
    • Hono says Karin often changes her hairstyle. Karin says: "I get tired of it."
    • Hono once thought of cutting her hair short, but decided the balance with her face would be wrong. Karin jokes that she looks forward to seeing it short.
    • Do they watch anime? Karin says she enjoys Ajin (humans with super abilities who are caught and experimented on by the state). Hono suggests Haikyuu (volleyball)
    • Talked about how much they liked Keyaki Republic
    • Movies: Hono likes Forrest Gump
    • Karin says she has seen just about every current film. That included one that had just come out.
    • Karin says Hono should see Last Letter. Hono liked Spiderman, Karin hadn't seen it [the most recent or any? I'm not sure]. Both saw Parasite, Karin liked it enough to want to see it again.
    • Saw Sugai’s play (Hiryuden2020 飛龍伝2020). Karin can't use any word but sugoi (wonderful). You'll regret missing it.
    • Hono says she’s too round-faced.
    • Both say there are lots of countries they want to visit.

There is also a Chinese-subbed version.

EDIT: I just saw some Twitter reports of interactions with Karin in Saturday's online Meet & Greet, the COVID-era replacement for handshake. There are a few of them, so I'll put translations in a spoiler:
    Fujiyoshi Karin – Meet and Greet (online handshake) 27 Feb 2021
    From Twitter

Tsumi @turnip23
    (super cute. I was just silently grinning)
    Karin – (chuckle)
    Me – How do you do.
    Karin – How do you do (in a cute way).
    Me – Um…ah… (I apologize for causing Karin-chan a problem)
    Karin – Uh… (Kind) (Cute)
    Me – I’ve loved Karin’s performances ever since KataMira [=Kataru nara Mirai wo] at [Keyaki] Republic…
    Karin – Ah! Really? Laughs with a chuckle. I’m pleased.
    Me – The mini-live was really good…!
    Karin – Ehh, really? Thank you.
    Your smile while you were performing was so cute… (fade out)

KuritarouMiipan @kuripan_keyaki
    Me – How do you do.
    Karin – Hello.
    Me – What are you wearing at TGC? On the runway.
    Karin – Um, something with a sort of adult feeling.
    Me – Oh, I really look forward to that!!
    Karin – Thanks, (uses my real name)-chan (smile). See you.

eel@comeonbaby @eel_kyz_1021
    Since the meet and greet was a national handshake, I expected the uniform, but she surprised me by being in normal clothes.
    Anyway, she was so cute that I was just happy I said what I wanted to say!
    Bashful Karin was totally cute.
    Eel – Yahho!
    Karin – Yahho! Thanks!
    Eel – I just have one thing I want to say!!
    Karin – Eh? What?
    Eel – The mini-live was fantastic!!!
    Karin – Hahaha! Thanks.
    Eel – Bye-byee!
    Karin – Bye-byee.

Oshiruko @oshiryupiko
    Me – The signed picture came!
    Karin – Eh? So fast!
    Me – It important, so I hug it when I’m sleeping.
    Karin – Lol. Thanks.
    Me – And at meals, I look at it while I’m eating.
    Karin – Scary.
    Me – And I carry it with me when I go out.
    Karin – Scary.
    Me – And it’s with me even when I go to the toilet.
    Karin – Really scary.

Oshiruko @oshiryupiko
    Me – Wasn’t it unusual that Karin had two love songs on this release?
    Karin – Really! (laughs) I've somehow become the group’s love specialist (laughs).
    Me – I guess you’ve got a lot of love experience…
    Karin – Hey, stop that (frowning).
    Me – Sakurazka’s love rep.
    Karin – Hey! (frowning)

Jun @jun_slt
    In the Meet & Greet, Fujiyoshi Karin was so cute I died.

Kyuu @KeyuU_46
    I was able to confirm that Fujiyoshi Karin read the letter I sent her, so today is my Fujiyoshi Karin anniversary.

Itou. @k13_it
    Karin-chan was stupidly cute!
    She just smiled, and it put me in an ridiculously happy mood.

Mii 46 @tyanmee_0125
    I was so happy she remembered me that everything I was going to say just flew out of my mind…
    Thank you, Karin-chan.
    My love for you sped up again
    Me – Hello
    Karin – Hello. Hey! I haven’t seen you in a while (waves her hand)
    Me – Ehh!? You remember me!?
    Karin – Uh-huh. I remember! (smiles brightly)
    Me – Really, thank you so much (tears) I’m so happy. Thank you, Karin-chan. Oh, yes: I’m really looking forward to today’s Sakamichi Television.
    Karin – Thank you (waves). See you, eh.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

• Like Like x 2
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  16. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

I've been saving the same photo over and over again .she look stunning.

17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Not only that, they gave her very chic outfits to model. The other girls' outfits were just meh...

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yes, the outfits were modern classy, but I thought the first one didn't really flatter her. I thought: "Maybe modelling isn't her thing." But when she came out in the blue outfit, I thought: "Natural goddess." Here's a clip of just her:

The full walk told me (ignorant as I am of the modelling world) she could use more training. The moment that lit it up was when she turned, with a little bounce and a tiny smile. Too bad we don't see a full shot of her the whole way, just a half-shot at the turn. Karin's expression is nervous but echoes deep. I don't think the walk brought out all her natural grace, but training will help her there -- and I think this may convince someone she's worth training. What a form! And what an expression! Deep and sexy. Japanese comments were noting the decolletage. And the "unstyled" hair style and her expression made it seem as if she had just risen from bed.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

From what she said in those Meet & Greet comments above, I think she may not be comfortable being seen as sexy. Sorry, Karin. Too late.

Modelpress headed the page with her photos: "Spellbound by her beautiful white skin. A spring dress reveals a lovely decolletage." Karin's fans on Twitter tweeted their delight and admiration.

News Flash: tmi reports on Twitter that Karin and Ten-chan will continue to centre coupling songs on the second release, but will move to the second row (inside wings) for the single, with Yui and Risa officially in the front row, flanking Hii-chan. Second row: hono ten koike karin yuuka. Third row: rei inoue matsuri rena pe habu.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

かりんちゃん!カップリング曲センターおめでとう!
    #櫻坂46
    #藤吉夏鈴
    Karin chan congratulation on her coupling song center .
    Watching sokosaku.the announcement of formation took me off guard.so surprised.
    Looking forward to see good song again.
    20210301_063637.jpg 20210301_063636.jpg 20210301_063632.jpg

Ty inori for the photo 20210301_064632.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

From nerdy to glam!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1