1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka 2nd [BAN] (2021/04/14)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Mar 1, 2021.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Sakurazaka46 2nd Single
    BAN
    [​IMG]
    Release date: April 14th, 2021

Announced during yesterday's Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka46?

Senbatsu
    [​IMG]

Changes from previous single:
    (In) Watanabe Rika, Inoue Rina, Moriya Rena
    (Out) Moriya Akane, Ozeki Rika, Takemoto Yui

Covers
    Type A - Type B - Type C - Type D - Regular Edition
    ban1.jpg ban1.jpg ban2.jpg bN3.jpg ban4.jpg banre.jpg

Tracklist
    1. BAN / Senbatsu
    2. Guuzen no Kotae (偶然の答え)
    3. (Type-A) Sore ga Ai Nano ne (それが愛なのね)
    3. (Type-B) Kimi to Boku to Sentakumono (君と僕と洗濯物)
    3. (Type-C) Microscope
    3. (Type-D) Omotta Yori mo Sabishikunai (思ったよりも寂しくない)
    4-6. Off Vocal versions of tracks 1-3.​

Music Video
    Title Song: BAN (Morita Hikaru center)

if the video does not show watch the video here

B-side Coupling songs:
    Guzen no Kotae (Fujiyoshi Karin center) | Omotta Yori Mo Sabishikunai (Yamasaki Ten center)

Last Performance Video

Handshake/Fan Events
    Sakurazaka46's 2nd Single "BAN" will have Online "Meet & Greet" Event. (JP only)

The purchase of the regular edition of the single through forTUNE Music will have the lottery application, similar to previous Regular Handshake Events.

Trivia
    • Second single as Sakurazaka46, 11th Single overall (Including Keyakizaka46 Discography).​
    • Morita Hikaru becomes the first and only member to center a Sakurazaka A-side track.​
    • Fujiyoshi Karin and Yamasaki Ten become the first and only members to center a Sakurazaka B-side track.​
    • First Sakurazaka senbatsu to feature Watanabe Rika, Inoue Rina, and Moriya Rena.​
    • In Sakurazaka46's tenure, only Sugai Yuuka, Habu Mizuho, Kobayashi Yui, Koike Minami, Watanabe Risa, Morita Hikaru, Fujiyoshi Karin, Yamasaki Ten, Tamura Hono, Matsuda Rina, and Oozono Rei have been featured in all single A-side senbatsu's.​
    • Including Keyakizaka46 tenure, only Sugai Yuuka, Habu Mizuho, Kobayashi Yui, Koike Minami, and Watanabe Risa have been featured in all single A-side senbatsu's.​
    • This is the first Sakurazaka senbatsu to not include Moriya Akane, Ozeki Rika, and Takemoto Yui​
    • This is the first Sakurazaka single to not include Matsudaira Riko (graduated).​
    • The senbatsu for this single is made up entirely of the top 14 members to sell out in the 1st single online handshake events.​
    • This single continues the Sakura8 system, similar to Nogizaka46's Fukujin system. This system remains relevant for all tracks in the single, with Morita Hikaru, Fujiyoshi Karin, and Yamasaki Ten rotating centers for each song. Sakura 8 members for BAN will be present in the 1st and 2nd rows of each song. ​
    I will continue to update with all relevant information as it comes.

Courtesy of Sakuzaka Central for the translated information and senbatsu selection images.
    Follow @sakuzakacentral on twitter or watch sakurazaka101.com for more immediate updates.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    tysm for making a thread!

another runrun center, ik some fans are uneasy because of keyaki perma center stuff but it's the 2nd single, i think the same center for the first 3-4 singles is alright but i'll get worried if it continues past that. and berisa and pon in the front row next to runrun with karin and tenten behind them is solid. why did they drop akanen though??? well i know why but it sucks. otherwise i'm really excited for this, hope the song's a banger like nobody's fault

3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I really hope the song is better than Nobody's fault. A glamorous and refined single and not a keya rip-off.

I expected a Morita center again, not a fan of her but it's ok I guess.

I don't get Koike hype, two times in a row as second row center of the "sakura 8", like Shiraishi's old position in 8 fukujin.

Happy for Hono, Sugai in sakura 8 again, and for Ozono and Matsuda in senbatsu. And please, tell me that Moriya losing her captain position and now her senbatsu spot too means a graduation incoming, but even if it's not coming I'm glad her role in sakurazaka is weaker.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    You listed only 5 people for third row, but there are 6 in the picture. I think you missed someone.

5. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Try watching their Debut Countdown Live, if you have the chance. Koike's expressions are wonderful and full of emotion. I didn't expect that, too, I was really surprised by how good she has become as a performer :flower:

I'm surprised that they didn't change the Sakura8 at all (except switching Sugai and Hono, I guess?). But on the other hand ... I would be sad for every member dropping from that position, so nevermind.
    The title sounds really strong, I'm so looking forward to it!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I thought at least the B-side centers would be given to Pon and Risa, but they still want to push YamaYoshi :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    This is like the first time ever in entire 48/46G history for a senbatsu to be completely 100% selected based on previous HS results.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This is true. And I approve whole-heartedly. I think they have decided those are the two with the greatest talent (of different kinds) to become top centres going forward.

At least that is what I see in them. I personally am an over-the-moon fan of Karin and her dance, and am amazed by the breadth of Ten-chan's ability, in dance and singing and even talk. Two remarkable talents. Not that they aren't surrounded by other talents, just that they are particularly remarkable. Hii-chan is the solid glue that binds the group together.

And It's hard to say this, but it seems to me that the future has to lie with fresh faces. This despite the fact that the group-change, and Hirate leaving, have given some 1gen members a new lease on life: Yui, Risa, Koike, Habu, others. I may be mistaken. I'm not a real idol-group fan, but a fan of individuals and performances, so I (and S&F) may be getting this wrong.

The new MTV Inside -- Sakurazaka46 #2 show concentrates on Karin and Ten-chan. This proves your point, but I think what we see in the show also proves mine. bilibili link

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Yes! I missed out our Habu-san, apologies! :flower:

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her blog, Sugai expresses gratitude that they have a second single only three months after the name-change, and says that the release contains "nothing but good songs". I hope I end up agreeing. After lots of listening, I think that about the first single now, though it took me time to get used to Plastic Regret and Hanshin Hangi. My favorites now are Naze Koi, Nobody's Fault, Blue Moon Kiss and Saishuu no Chikatetsu ni Notte.

One thing fans are talking about is the fact that with no unit songs, the "Sakura 8" will have a lot of work to do, and lives could be tiring.

On 5channel some people are apparently expecting the third single to make some big change. One post expects an album. If the second single is a hit, that might make sense to me, too.

From the title, at least from the English meaning of "ban", the 2nd single could have Keyaki-like meaning and punch. I wonder....

Just as an aside, I can't expect them to use English in a wholly natural way, either pronunciation or meaning. Nor does that matter. The way music and lyrics make them pronounce "Buddies," with the emphasis on the wrong (second) syllable, keeps throwing me off, but needn't bother a Japanese audience. All's fair in art and music.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Sakura8 being included in all songs is concerning... It's like they saw the impact overworking had on techi and neru and decided to do that to 8 more people :fp:
    The Sakura 8 system is a great idea if it only applied to the A-side and Regular edition song, 2 of 7 is much better than 7 out of 7. Give the other girls time to shine in b-side units and new groups/duo's/solo's. I suspect they're doing this again because they're currently not touring, but once they do they'll have a 14 song setlist with 8 members performing in every song. They're not known for their stamina and they're more known for fainting so.............................. management need to work on that immediately lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i'm hoping that after the first few singles they ease up on the sakura8 thing since it's obviously gonna be super taxing on the girls in the long run. like it makes sense to have a certain amount of girls in the front after debut to establish an identity for the group (especially post-keyaki/techi), but after at the most the first 5 singles i hope they start experimenting with it more for the sake of the girls. either that or i can see the sakura8 being mostly the same in only the singles/music releases, but maybe they switch it up more in performances? idk

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Another Morita center? Boring.

They haven't learnt anything from the whole Keyaki ordeal.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    How can you say they haven't learned anything from the whole Keyaki ordeal when you have Ten and Karin as "secondary" centers? The issue with Techi was that she centered absolutely everything. The only exceptions were unit songs, Noriokoreta Bus and Tokyo Tower (not to mention she got several solo songs). Everything else was centered by her. Sure, Nobody's Fault was promoted and performed a lot but they performed Naze koi and Buddies often too and Hikaru/Ten/Karin did a lot of promotion together.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Then we may need to wait for the 3rd single (end of the year?) to see any real formation changes. And looking ahead, I suspect management will be considering a 3rd gen audition in 2022.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

We're still getting the same center for yet another A-side, when there are plenty of capable girls who could do just as well, and it would show them trying to do something different.

But alas.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I mean it's just the second single but alright.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I wasn't around when Nogi was starting, but Hii-chan and reactions to her somehow remind me of Ikoma Rina: a solid, capable, likeable, undervalued centre who creates stability and is the still point around which more glamorous faces revolve. From the start, Morita seemed a strong personality, and now maybe she is the rock on which a new group -- or maybe I should say "new incarnation" -- is being built.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Apologies, @ukifune - I respectfully disagree with the Hikaru and Ikoma comparison. I just don't see the similarities at all. Having said that, I'm not that big of a fan of Ikoma (I did like Hashire Bicycle, strangely enough...and Seifuku no Mannequin is iconic IMHO).
    But I do agree with the 2nd half of your paragraph. I see a lot of upside with Pikarun-chan.

For all intents and purposes, this is a "new" group. I don't see any value in comparing to how things used to be in Keyaki (not directed at you, dear ukifune). That chapter is over and done. This...system* with 1 main center and 2 secondary centers, the Sakura 8 - sure, this is S&F we're talking about - but I'm hopeful and optimistic that things are heading into better direction, as we move to Sakurazaka46's second single and beyond.

* - of course, I'm hoping as things go along, any problems encountered with this "system" should be adjusted and tweaked when necessary. Nothing is perfect, we adapt and evolve in life.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    I just looked at the Sakura Eight formation again, and something struck me. These girls have what I'd like to call "centre experience" (even though Tamura and Risa has had no such experience). Koike, Sugai and Kobayashi held the fort for Techi in the past so I'm seeing a pattern here.

This formation is similar to a back-up system. If S&F are using the hand shake events to determine the popularity of the girls for the sales of the singles, then that's their protocol. I think that in the event that their main centre Morita has any hickups, another member will step in and substitute at performances and live stage shows.

With that being said, it's just the second single. Let's not judge anyone or anything as yet and see if "BAN" will be an amazing project.

Yay! Rika made it in! I'm so happy!