Yamazaki Rena (Renachi) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 2
  3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    ^Why I can't find any information about this on Nogi website or twitter? Are they too lazy to update their news section?

4. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Accent

Accent Kenkyuusei

Am I the only one wondering what Zaki's thesis could be about? Has she mentioned it anywhere before?

6. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

It’s about men’s use of cosmetics, from psychological, economic, social, and gender issue perspectives.

She mentioned it in Marquee magazine last April. Translation of the interview by renachipics.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Accent

Accent Kenkyuusei

Wow, thanks! That was really novel and interesting. Now I'm even more interested in reading the whole thesis (if I can tho, lol).

8. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Yamazaki Rena's nickname. (Please correct me if I mistranslate them)
    1. Renachi (Official nickname, you can find it on towel or fans calling at the concert)
    2. Renachi-san (by many 1ki and 3ki members)
    3. Rena-san (by some of 3ki members)
    4. Renassan (sound like Renaissance to me[hehe])
    5. Zaki-san (by many staff)
    6. Zaki (members call her with this nickname with strong intonation in the "ki" syllable. However, only Kiichan calls her with "ki" syllable intonation similar to the "ku" syllable intonation of Zaku Gundam) NB: don't know how it sound, though.:^^;:
    7. Zaki-chan (by dance teacher/trainer)
    8. Zakichin (by K, their manager, and Hinachima)
    9. Zakincho
    10. Zakichon
    11. Zakicchi (by Ito Karin and Suika members)
    12. Zakipedia (by M, their manager)
    13. Pedia
    14. Pedi
    15. Zakipe
    16. Za (maybe it sounds like "the"(?))
    17. Ze
    18. Pe
    19. Z (it sounds like "Zet", not "Zee")
    20. Zrin (by Noujou Ami)
    21. Eien no Odoriko or Eternal Dancer (a nickname by Noujou Ami)
    22. TENAGAZARU (by Kawago Hina, it is also known as a Gibbon, a species of monkey with long-arm. Renacchi is well-known for her long arms too.)
    23. ZAKURON (by Hori Miona)
    24. Reki-jo or Princess of History (Renacchi love history, so this nickname came from her hobby)
    25. China (by staff, maybe because Renacchi can speak Mandarin fluently)
    26. Ijirareru Fantasista - the Teased (easy to tease) Fantasista (by Nogino No)

Source:http://blog.nogizaka46.com/rena.yamazaki/smph/2017/12/042268.php

Those 26 nicknames are the nicknames from years ago (around 2017-18). As she said in that blog post, there might be more new nicknames she got recently.
    Moreover, I also watched Under Christmas Live years ago, where members called her Terrier because she is cute like a Terrier dog. So, maybe there are more nicknames for this amazing lady. If you found one, do not hesitate to add.:D

9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Ariyoshi praised Renacchi.:)
    Video has been removed by its owner
    Credit to uploader

Ariyoshi was mesmerized by how well Rena talk on her radio show when he coincidently turned on Rena radio show. He thought that she was veteran radio DJ. Then, he found out that she was Nogizaka members, Yamazaki Rena.:D

One more thing. Last week, Rena, Chima, and Watanabe Risa (Sakurazaka46) appeared on SpeakEasy radio. The thing that make me happy as Rena oshi is, when her colleague, Chima have a segment with Watanabe Risa, Rena, on the other hand, paired with unbelievable partner, the CEO and founder of SHOWROOM, Maeda Yuji.:D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Rena should do Ohatsu-Chan with Sakurazaka and Hinatazaka members. I love that show

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I translated a 4/22/21 Shin R25 website interview with Rena, about shifting paradigms and why she’s going to fail.
    Photo caption:
    [Yamazaki Rena] Born in 1997 in Tokyo. In 2013, she began her activities as a Nogizaka46 2nd generation member after her mother entered her into the auditions without her knowledge. In 2020, she graduated from Keio University. She is active in a wide range of activities, such as achieving the World Heritage Study Test Grade 2, being the first Nogizaka46 member to become a daily radio show personality, appearing on quiz shows, and publishing the history book, Rekishi no Jikan (Gentosha).

Interviewer: Today, I’d like to ask you about “How to discover your weapons”…
    Yamazaki: Ah, can I grab my smartphone for a bit?
    I: Eh?
    Z: I’m constantly taking memos on all kinds of things on my smartphone. It’d be nice if I could remember everything, but… If I have trouble with an answer, I’ll look at my memos while I talk, okay?
    I: From radio personality to history books, Yamazaki-san has an image of using “her own weapons,” but… is there some reason for this?
    Z: It’s because as an idol, I’m overwhelmingly an “inferior student.”
    I: Inferior. Eh, no, that’s…
    Z: That’s what was going through my head, but at one point, I became curious to know, “In the parts of society that I haven’t come into contact with, what sorts of people, what ways of thinking, what ways of life are they living?” So then, I listened to radio programs by non-idol entertainers, or I read lots of interviews with people from regular companies in business magazines.
    I: To learn about the world outside idols.
    Z: That’s when I realized. That, including for idols, “being considered successful in the world you’re in is, by itself, not everything.” With that, I changed “the god I believe in.” It’s fine if I don’t think, “I need to become acknowledged in this world, or else,” nor do I need to worry about it. I swept it all away in that instant.
    I: You changed the god you believe in…!!
    Z: The things that other people aim for – it’s fine if I don’t think I need to fulfill them too. I have my own important things. Of course, I think it’s also fine if the things I’m believing in change along the way. I don’t think the values of my current self are everything. What’s important is, to not be dependent on “my current self’s way of thinking.”
    I: For that purpose, you looked to the outside world.
    Z: It was from there that I became able to have a radio program or publish a book, and do things other idols would not. That’s why right now, as an idol, I feel inferior, but as a person, I’ve become able to acknowledge myself.

I: By the way, I think that sometimes when people take on some challenge, they think, “There are other people who will be more capable than me on this path, no matter what,” and they end up giving up, but what does Yamazaki-san think about that?
    Z: For example, in radio, there are also plenty of people who are overwhelmingly more amazing than me… such as Ijūin Hikaru…
    I: (She suddenly mentions a major figure in the radio world…)
    Z: I wasn’t thinking that I could win there in the first place, so… Eh, is it necessary to win? Instead, I think that the weapon of those who follow from behind is to be able to cherry-pick the best parts from the essences of amazing people. We’re nothing but lucky. To have amazing senpai is something to be grateful for. “I’m so grateful,” is how I feel.
    I: I see. The book you’ve now published, Rekishi no Jikan, is about “history.” For an idol, that’s a peculiar theme, but…
    Z: There, too, I abstracted the content of my history classes, decided upon my own theme, and inserted modern narratives, but… What I’m doing is mostly stuff I learned from Maeda Yuji-san’s book, The Magic of Memos. The things I can experience in my own life are limited, so I think it’s more efficient to take the best parts from other people’s lives, and with “gratitude,” reappropriate them for my own use. Taking rules from others, and applying the parts that I enjoy. From there, I realized that I’m able to do “work that suits me” fully.
    I: I see…!
    Z: There are lots of amazing people in the world, but… I believe the people who are losing and striving are stronger than the people who keep on winning with talent.

Z: Also, I have a “failure is fine” mentality, anyhow. You can fail or lose, but just devote yourself to taking as many shots as you can. If you try something out and don’t achieve results, that means something went wrong with one of the “gears” in the machine. Then all you do is fix the faulty gear next time.
    I: Are there challenges you’ve failed at?
    Z: I’m slipping up all the time (laughs). Drawing pictures, posting my own study notes to the paid mobile mail service… totally failing. But on the other hand, I’m able to be a radio personality, my appeal of “liking Japanese history” bore fruit and I’m able to publish a book now. If you take enough shots, you’ll hit a target.
    I: But don’t you hate having your failures noticed by people around you?
    Z: I don’t set expectations for myself. It’s like, “Well, I guess this is who I am.” I’m not thinking that I’ll be able to do things skillfully. If I can get 70, 80%, I’ll think that seems great. But, if I don’t set expectations for myself, then I shouldn’t have to worry about things like failure, right?
    I: That’s an incredibly dry attitude...
    Z: But, it’s because I don’t set expectations for myself that I’m also able to become obsessed with preparing. Recently, LiSA-san came on my radio program, and, wondering what kinds of questions she’d been asked before, I read all of the past interview articles I could find. After it was over, I relistened to the radio program, looking for points of improvement. “Why couldn’t I respond like this?” “Why didn’t I pick up on this here?” I make a “next time, do it this way” list in my head.
    I: Totally professional thinking…
    Z: Because I’m aware that my current self is not going to produce some grand result, I can continuously repeat PDCA without feeling uncertain. In life, I’m surely going to experience many more “losses” from here on out. I intend to maximize the skills gained from those occasions, so I’ll continue to move forward, saying “failure is fine”!

----

Extra Rena quote below the interview:
    “People who don’t know what their weapons are, are overdoing the things they’re bad at, and the things they like or their weapons have simply been driven into the back. If you provide yourself space, they’ll probably emerge. Please don’t be too hard on yourself.”

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  14. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    congrats renachi!!
    senbatsu in next single!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    :1st::1st::1st:All Hail Renacchi!!! :1st::1st::1st:

16. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    i hope this is gonna be her ticket to senbatsu... looking forward to it...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Congrats Rena!

18. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Considering how they did it in the past,dropping regular to under for 2/3 single before readding them back. I think its about time they add kiichan back next single, and hopefully together with one or more 2ki.
    Well ofc its only possible unless they still being an ass and decide 2ki didnt exist.

Anyway, cant wait to hear the song next week :flower:

19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Finally, something for Rena. One of best thing to happen for this single. Congratulations to her. Can't wait for the song release.

20. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    finally, so deserved, next step senbatsu spot please.