1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka 2nd [BAN] (2021/04/14)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I am a fan who came from Produce48 (a somewhat unusual path, since from what I have seen the tendency is to abandon jpop for kpop, and not the other way around). One of the things that I found most strange about jpop (and still do) is its single release model.
    After the single is announced, the song randomly comes out on the radio 1 month before the release. The MV is also released by surprise. It is all very abrupt.

I would suggest they follow the kpop release model (But correctly, not releasing the MV teaser 2 days before the release.).
    After announcing a new single, disclose the release schedule together. The date of:
    1st, 2nd, 3rd... teaser image;
    MV teaser;
    MV;
    Showcase (That MTV special is a great example, if they could do a 1 hour special like that as showcase on the day of the single's release it would be perfect)

It's a simple change, but all this preparation generates hype and buzz, moves the group's name on social media. Using this while other groups in Japan don't use it can give them at least a small advantage.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    If SnF looked at the international fandom's complains they absolutely wouldn't have banned us in online hs events loool. Any positive changes they make that we intl fans like is because our likes and wants aligned with the jp fandom. I don't think they listen to what we have to say...

Yes hindsight is a factor but lets be honest, SnF aren't a new company, they (and Sony) know how to manage idol groups. At the end of the day if you want more sales, you need more fans, and to get more fans you need to promote them. It's clear SnF struggle to promote Sakuzaka like they do Hinatazaka or how Sony promote Nogizaka, or pretty much any other idol group under akip's roster, so it's hard to not criticize when the issue is obvious. Changing the center or rotating positions doesn't do as much for gaining new fans as simply promoting the group on social media, tv shows, radio etc. And since Hinata's split from Keyaki, the groups activities went from a good mix of promotional activities to mostly touring and concerts.

I mention this again because I feel a lot of you keep forgetting that point. Recourses are being split between two groups, so they have to pick and choose who gets what. If they moved one of the groups to a different/new subsidiary it might help both groups increase their activities as the different companies can focus on managing one group, but until then i don't see anything changing. As it stands we have one group that gets a lot of promo and the other that doesn't, so you have to look squarely at management and wonder why they aren't giving the groups equal promotions (but lets be honest, hiragana x kanji showed us that snf aren't capable of giving two kids equal halves lol).

All that being said I do think SnF have gotten significantly better since Sakuzaka's formation, and while it's not as fast of an increase as we're all used to due to Keyaki days, it's still good enough to keep the group relevant. The issue is that we want the group to be more than good enough, the best.. because at one point they were so we know they can be again, and after seeing the group in a slump throughout two years, we just want to see some, any improvements and fast. We're all impatient and that's okay. As long as we're not asking for the impossible (and we're not) then that company can answer our calls.

**!! AND before anyone comes at me this is not a dig at hinata or nogi at all, i love them all but it's not hard to see why nogi and keya could co-exist fine in separate management but the kanji x gana and now saku x hina dynamics in relation to promotion/publicity being put entirely on one company is a bigger struggle than SnF could foresee. But they have that hindsight now, so its reasonable to for fans to ask for better promotion for both groups, especially as someone who enjoys both, since sakamichi fans overlap fandom a lot.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sakuzaka channel new video

if the video does not show watch the video here

Music Station new video

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a quick subbed version of the audio of the new song Microscope, centred by Karin and revealed Friday evening on radio. I just added an English sub to a Chinese (and Japanese) subbed still-image audio version.

The Chinese sub, from bilibili.com, is by the "Summer Wind-bell Sub Group." "Summer Bell" is the meaning of the kanji for "Karin."

For anyone who just wants a translation, here's the sub as a text file.
    Microscope
    How did I fall in love with you like this?
    No way it could happen (it had never occurred to me)
    I’ve gone a bit weird
    I feel unsettled (what should I do?)
    I guess I’d better continue
    Doing research on love
    I have far too little data
    What’s making me this way?
    Microscope
    Like looking through a microscope
    I want to know in more detail
    Turning up the magnification (baby)
    I no longer know you
    Yes (yes) more (more)
    You’re different from before
    But the thing called “falling in love”
    I don’t want to overlook any aspect of it
    Suddenly feeling my heart beat faster
    Well, let’s put it on a slide
    Microscope
    How can I convey my feelings?
    I don’t know (I have no experience)
    No matter who I ask, I can’t figure it out
    I throw my hands up in despair (I can’t do a thing)
    I want to make some big discovery
    About you right away
    I want to observe you and make comparisons
    With our relationship up to now
    Microscope
    Some unknown organism like a microbe
    Squirms around in a corner of my heart (my love)
    When our eyes meet, I can’t breathe
    What (what) is this (this)? I have to investigate the cause
    One day, I suddenly became obsessed with you
    Did I catch the measles?
    The only cure is for us to love each other
    So then, let’s take a good look at love
    Microscope
    Microscope
    Microscope
    In Science class
    I always admired you
    If I had a microscope here
    Whatever it is, I could explain it
    Microscope
    Like looking through a microscope
    Turning up the magnification to know you in detail (baby)
    I no longer know you
    Yes (yes) even more (more)
    You’re different from before
    But the thing called “falling in love”
    I don’t want to overlook any aspect of it
    Suddenly feeling my heart beat faster
    Well, let’s put it on a slide
    Microscope

6. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    Karin keeps getting the love songs [hehe]

7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Strange song with very interesting melodic lines. Is this the diversion we are all looking for (at least from the music part)? Let's see the dance part then.

One thing is sure: This song can make you "travel".

8. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    About microscope... the verses really intrigued me, but the chorus fell so flat for me... I'm kinda sad about it. Bcs the verses were really smth I could love.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yes, it's quite strange, considering that she has said that when she was first given Naze Koi, she wasn't interested in love -- didn't even watch romance dramas -- and didn't know if she could do a love song. Someone in management decided that if she did start doing love songs, she would do a great job with them, and I think they were right. But I hope she gets other kinds of dramatic songs to do, too.

The group was on NHK's Shibuya no Oto Saturday evening. I posted the video in Karin's thread, since I was mentioning her getting a chance to shock the hosts by recounting her morning ritual of a 50-degree (122-degree Fahrenheit) shower ("mist" setting, so it's not dangerously hot).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  10. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Let Fujiyoshi's pure and untainted heart express a maiden's young and awkward but innocent feelings of love.

11. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    ... towards other girls of course...
    <sigh> Ahhh Rikopi, I wish you were here!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

One of the many moments in GuuKota that I love is when Karin and Riko (the other Riko) are sitting across a schoolroom desk from each other and Riko puts her hands over Karin's. A shock seems to run through Karin. She has said that the hands on hers surprised her. (01:58)

In other news, someone in Japan made a gif of the part of the Music Champ live version of Ban where they flip their skirts in unison:
    [​IMG]

This reminds me a bit of Suzumoto's skirt-flip showing the red lining in Futari Saison:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho

Is it just me or they always give Ten-chan more experimental tracks?
    Nevertheless. I'm digging these disco beats. Let's hope they deliver a funky enough choreo to match.
    And yeah, the 'aha aha' part feels like it was directly inspired by this

• Like Like x 1
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Wow, this song is indeed a trip back in time... It's funky as sin! (those "wooooooo" are echoes coming straight from the 70s, yet the song is brand new fresh)! Sakurazaka with this one has entered the area of a girly and cute Yoshimotozaka46, and is doing it fast!

I can't wait to see how Ten and Co. will perform its dance (OMG my Fuu-chan and Akipo, how will they be???).

Especially after the "previous Ten-chan's road movie track" I see that, at least regarding music, Sakurazaka is indeed MOVING AWAY from standard J-pop idol recipes. Maybe this is the beginning of the big change. In this case, I really do not care about the number of fans/followers. Ever since this group occupies a niche away from the usual "tried and tested" it's the differentiation we are looking for (and all I need, at least)!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

There is a bit of the song starting @0:47 that sounds like a fast-paced part borrowed from ABBA's Voulez Vous to me...

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Karin and others have talked about wanting to perform overseas. Are they experimenting with sounds that could help them do that?

17. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Experimenting is the best thing to do. It means that ideas are there, overflowing, put to the test and get things moving. This is development, evolution, an ascending process.

This single song (I've listened to it more than 20 times in less than 24 hours) get my blood pumping and my hopes soaring high. Way to go girls!

P.S. By the way, Microscope is awesome as well... It just needs to be heard more times to get used to it, being, well... weird.

18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Interesting reading that because after 3 years i wondered what keyakizaka was doing these days, after watching 3 episodes of their show i thought "that girl looks interesting", when i search in the wiki her name was Matsuda Rina. I guess even though taste is something subjective some girls really have "it" and can stand out from the others.

20. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    She’s the vice captain and she used to work at a bank before she joined Keyakizaka. And she also plays guitar! She played in a song Inoue and Onuma wrote for Ten (those are all 2nd gen members in case you’re not familiar with their names). :)

• Informative Informative x 2