1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Management : Who?

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

I think making a 2nd gen member come and say "become like us - you too can get zero chances in 8 years!" might just not have the desired effect lol

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
  3. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Unless youre Miona lol

5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Correct it for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono

correct it for you.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Golgo13

Golgo13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Otani Emiri
    So I came to get the new Nogi episode and saw this thread and read a bit of it. At first I was glad we're getting more idols then I watched the Nogi episode and realized there were some girls there I didn't know at all. Now I'm worried I won't get to know the girls I didn't recognize from this weeks episode and that their time is up when it shouldn't be. Mixed feelings... I just want everyone to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    The 4th Gen girls have basically had weekly new content for the last 2 years - Nogizaka Doko e, Sam no Koto, Saru ni Au, Nogizaka Skits, Nogizaka Star Tanjou - so you can always go back and watch all that content to get to familiarise yourself with them! Not to mention their prolific use of Showroom on daily Nogiobi streams and weekly Nekojita streams. And then there are the denshidai from last year's Nogizaka46 Hours TV. Oh and the 3 x 4th Gen Solo Lives to enjoy too!

I'm actually hoping the new girls will get the same level of exposure as their seniors now that I've actually stopped and looked back at how much we've actually seen of the 4th gens!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

If anyone wants to keep track, the full timeline for 5ki auditions is:
    Aug 10: Written application deadline
    Aug 20-24: Online review
    Sep 4-5: Interviews across Japan
    Sep 18: Interview in Tokyo
    Sep 19: Final review
    Oct – Dec: Trainee period (trainees can still be dropped)
    Dec: Final announcement

I saw @MasToppu's post in the General thread, dug around online, and it turns out the old audition websites are still around:
    1ki: https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/ipn/Arch/nogizaka46/index.html
    2ki: https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/sd/audition/ngz2013/
    3ki: https://www.nogizaka46.com/third/
    Sakamichi: https://www.nogizaka46.com/audition2018/

Some amusing Q&A from the 1ki audition website:
    Q: If I enter Nogizaka46, can I participate in the AKB48 Sousenkyo?
    A: Currently undetermined.
    Q: If I become a Nogizaka46 member, can I afterwards become an AKB48 member?
    A: This is a recruitment for Nogizaka46 members. Not for AKB48 members.

Also, the age limits actually used to be higher.
    1ki: 12-24 yrs old
    2k: 13-22 yrs old
    3ki onward: 12-20 yrs old

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    26 magazines and/or tabloids in total will took part in the last audition process. The girls who are chosen by each media's PIC will be featured on their magazine and/or tabloid releasing in December.
    A friend noted that it is similar to the audition process of 3rd-gen back then, although the participating media were not this many.

https://www.nogizaka46.com/news/2021/08/post-2108036.php

11. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    https://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/102734/2

So from this article, I get the impression that the audition is held now because of Nogizaka's 10th anniversary. That might also explain why there's more media companies collaborating with this audition. Those magazines will take part in the final screening of those candidates.

Also, the theme of this audition goes something like "The incompletion of this world is beautiful". I'm guessing that means that each member will talk about a flawed aspect of society that they think is beautiful for their self-introduction. Not entirely sure though.
    Auditions will be held remotely until the second screening. Not sure if it's only remote or not though.

For those wondering, in that list of magazines, within the parentheses is the name of their publisher.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  12. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

More media is involved than 2018 joint audition

In 2018 , they give awards to :

BLT - Saachan
    Ex Taishu - Ayame
    Up To Boy - Sakura
    スピリッツ賞 - Seimiya
    Nonno - Yanchan

Ray - Tamura Hono
    Bubka - Fujiyoshi Karin
    Weekly Playboy - Ten
    Anan - Hikaru
    Weekly Young Mag - Hikaru
    Overture - Matsuda Rina
    JJ - Seki Yumiko
    Bomb - Hinano

In 2016 Third Gen Audition
    FB_IMG_1628282161076.jpg
    An・nan - Reno
    Non-no - Kaede
    Zipper and Larme - Mizuki
    Love berry - Renka
    Weekly Young Jump - Momoko
    Weekly Young Mag - Mizuki
    Weekly Big Comic - Mizuki
    Flash Special - Momoko
    Friday - Shiori
    Weekly Playboy - Shiori
    Brody - Yoda
    Gekkan Entame - Momoko
    Overture - Yoda
    UTB - Riria
    BOMB - Momoko
    Ex Taishu - Shiori
    BLT - Yoda
    Nikkan Sports - Momoko
    Kadokawa - Shiori

Kaki , Seira and Ume were underrated back then
    Maybe there will be 5ki that will flew under the rdar of these magazines as well

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. irex

irex Kenkyuusei

isn't it unusual that kaki doesn't have a mag exclusive as one of the two prominent 4th gen? all the top 3rd gen have exclusive modeling contracts (although someone mentioned it took ume a few years).

14. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    I don't think it's that deep. I think it's more related to the idea that "being imperfect, but gradually grow to be one" is always one of the charm of Japanese idols.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. The theme mentions the world/society rather than themselves though.

16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    They're really looking for a group of average girls for this gen. Like if 4th gen wasn't average enough. Nogi management really said: "an exclusive top class group full of talented and succesful elegant beauties? No more, it's too hard to handle that quality, let's make Nogizaka more and more another idol group with average unknown to the gp girls, interesting only for some sad otaku"

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Someone said they leaving yet keep coming with the same comments [hehe][hehe][hehe]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Maybe he thinks he can lift his new group popularity by talking nonsense about Nogizaka :awesome:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    SteCola may be the "average and obvious troll" around here, but I don't care about his one-sided opinions and his repetitive comments. He lacks understanding and vision. Let's broaden the view on this even more.

The 5th gen auditions give rise to a new quality within Nogizaka46 - the unique ability to transform/change the scope of being an idol. When Morning Musume were the trendsetters in Japanese idol history with just a few members, all men and women fed into their entertainment. With history written, a pioneer came around in 2005 (Akimoto Yakushi) and created AKB48; which then branched off into many unique, extraordinary sub-groups.

When AKB's recruitment formula displayed results, the Sakamichi Series was implemented where girls showed a more refined and calm appearance. Even Keyakizaka46 became hyper popular before releasing a single because they were the sister group of Nogizaka46. And SteCola forgot that Hinatazaka46 only existed because Nagahame Neru needed a unit of friends to call her own due to a delayed start in Keyakizaka46.

Give thanks to what management is doing. There is no mismanagement or young girls disappearing into the shadow of unpopularity. Kuromi Haruka or Yakubo Mio can appear on their SHOWROOM and literally have well over 1,000 viewers by logical statistics. Constant evolution. Times are changing. Management observes new quality to adapt and learn. You'll never understand that even when the 5th generation join, even greater history can be created with the current members there. Nogizaka46 will always be on a good wave of success.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. コヨム

コヨム Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Seimiya Rei, Ozono Rei
    I remember the time when they announced the audition for the 5th gens on their website, I was so excited I could not sleep well at night thinking about the future of this group. To be frank, I wished I was born a woman so that I could join the audition lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1