1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

3rd Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by emiche., Jan 16, 2017.

1. Anima30

Anima30 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Animaa30
    Quite something I'm curious about as well. The only prominent group I see is Ume, Den, Momo, Ren and Tama. I perceived Kubo as someone who could mix with anybody/any group, not particularly belonging to any. Meanwhile, I don't have much a clue for the rest on if they have particular member/s they are very close/stick together with.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    If I'm not mistaken, Shiori said that on one of Nogiten season 2 episode. I believe it was the episode when she and Mukai eat cake/ice cream. YAC maybe alos mentioned it on shooting range episode.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    The list that @Halyup put up is very much correct. I was unsure about the Kubo/Ayatii connection, but what @MasToppu reports then I guess there's a relationship there.

The only one left out of the list was Reno. I remember, though, reading about Mizuki mentioning that she and Reno took the same train home in their early days of practice.

But since their turn on the 9th Bday Live concerts, it seems that they've built a stronger bond.

4. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Theres 2 factions in 3ki
    The Momo Group and Yama Group

Reno is part of Yama Group
    - shes close with Riria and their neighborhood with Yama close to each other

Momo Group - Momo , Ume , Den , tama , Renka

Yama Group - Zukki , Riria , Hazuki , Reno

Other sub factions :
    Yakiniku 3 sisters - yoda belong on this group with Den and Hazu

3ki Chuusangumi - Reno , Tamami , Kubo

Kubo and Yoda were DD so they isnt particulary attached to anyone except for YAC/Kubo and her rivalry with Yama , and Yoda /Yakiniku Trio

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. fornogichu

fornogichu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamoto Himeka
    Renka also mentions a lot of how the members would act differently now than before in the new blurays. Specifically how they would clap more, if it was the 3rd gen as they are currently, when Kubo got the high score in the test episode.

6. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

They werent united in the early days
    Momoko used to describe 2017 as her worst year in Nogi

Theyre like hyenas baring fangs to each other in 2017 and early 2018

Late 2019 and early 2020 is where 3ki clear all their differences and became closer than ever

7. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I always have the impression Kubo is closer to her seniors and kouhai than girls within 3rd gen, even Ayati. If they're close probably because they don't belong to those factions. It shows with how Kubo keep contact and hang out with some of the graduates. How she interact with Seira, Mayu, Saku or Kaki. Becoming close with Kitano, with Junna after working with her few times. Even saw her being playful with Asuka. Not saying they're close but that's rare to see with her fellow 3rd gen. Few times with Renka and with Ume but like a big sister.

I have the same observation with Yoda. I didn't even know who she is close with among 3rd. The friendly group is obviously the tighter faction. And I tought Riria and Mukai belong to that group. Of course now having a closer bond is good to hear. Something that hopefully 5th gen can also build early on.

So, who will center Sanbanme? Yoda? Who will sing Yuujou Pierce with Sakura?

8. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It pains me to know of the divisions. But as 3rd Gen gets smaller, they'll get tighter... just look at their sempai...

That 3 episodes featuring Kubo, Ume, and Mizuki does dive into this aspect and is nice reference.

For Sanbanme there won't be a center. It won't ever be the same. But for the duet, perhaps Renka? She plays the guitar already so there's that.

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I also agree to leave out Sanbanme center. Even though it will feel very empty during their signature move when Kubo and Yama part ways and there is nobody there.

About the faction thing, I think it's pretty normal for girls at their age. It's impossible for 12 girls with all different background and personalities to be all close with each other. It doesn't mean that they hated each other or there was bullying happening. It's just that they feel different and prefer to stick with members they can agree with.
    Most importantly, none decided to quit due to that. If they were really in bad terms, we would already see some 3rd gen graduation much earlier on.
    Being able to settle their differences is part of growing up.

Actually, I've watched all the 3rd gen early content from Nogibingo8, Nogiroom, nobinobi, Bomber-e, 3rd gen solo concert, and I can only sense that they all get along. So hearing about this faction makes me think they all must be good actors then :hehe:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  10. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    To clear things up: we know they got along well professionally. And we know there's no animosity between them -- it would've been squashed right quick by senpai.

When I talk about factions, I'm basically saying, like we all have been, that they naturally gravitate to certain members. Not that it is bad in anyway. That's how it be in a large group (see suika, tulip, etc.).

But it is intriguing as to who hangs out with who. For example, it was almost always Renka-Ume-Momoko-Tama-Denchan in their photos. Where you found one, you'd most likely find some of the others. This faction was highly obvious right from the beginning. Similar with Mizuki and Riria how they hang out a lot. I was more than surprised and delighted to find out about the Yoda-Denchan-Hazuki yakinku club. As well as Kubo x YAC.

I think that since 3rd Gen is such a small Gen it is surprising to know that they weren't as tight knit from the start. I wonder if joining at the height of Nogizaka's popularity might have contributed to it? Perhaps...

Anyhow. Third Gen, my favorite. Down 1 member. The clock's ticking. It can shrink so fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    12 is a big number to expect everyone to be close, even though they are the smallest gen. Faction can occur even in a group as small as 5.
    I believe what happen with 3rd gen happens in all other gens as well, it's just 3rd gen now can talk more about it after they build a stronger bond.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think we need another gang segment for 3ki and 4ki on Koujichuu.:D

13. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

Its so normal. They have become closer with each others, why it important to find out their fictions. You can visit Renka's topic, it has some Renka's showroom engsub video. Renka told a lot about backstage story, like they often have dinner and "girls talk" together, so pls don't have to think about it now, becuz all members are close to each other. You can see their relationship in Gen 3 concert of 9th Birthday live too.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Renka & Denchan Nekojita SR

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Credit to イクタ〜リア〜ン

15. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

In this showroom, Rentan and Denchan said they hope "Sanbame" and "Omo First" wont have new center and "Nigemizu" will become Yoda's solo center song.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Denchan/Renka position on Sanbanme and Omoide First is correct. Their position on Nigemizu, while sweet, is wrong. First, it is a Nogizaka song and not especially a 3rd Gen one. Second, many of their main singles without the original center were always filled with another member: ImaHana has always been a double center, it will always be. Third, and I feel the most important, solo center would break the choreography.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

I think Ayame will be the successor to Momoko in Nigemizu

Mgt been pushin that narrative lately

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Agree with that @Generic_User I also wondered who could fill Ozono's spot on Nigemizu.
    I recently had a suspect that management wanna use the Ayamen/Rei duo as the Ozono/Yoda duo successors so maybe one of them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I also agree that Nigemizu doesn't necessarily need to vacant that center spot like the other 3rd gen songs. I know and understand where they're going but I actually disagree with them vacating Sanbanme and Omoide.

It will just look like a Yamashita-Kubo Wcenter. Yoda can easily fill-in for both songs or another member like Riria for Omoide. Mizuki can sub for Nigemizu and I think she will. Imo, a 3rd gen should be the one taking that position and Yamashita is the obvious choice.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Sanbanme and Omoide First are 3rd gen songs, so if 3rd gen is comfortable not having a center replacement, it should be that way. I know that it will be like Yama-Kubo w-center and I think it's much better than having another center.
    If I'm not wrong Against also doesn't have center replacement, so it looks like Iku Hoshino w-center and that's just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1