1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hoshino Minami (Minami) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

I hope this would be treated as Sayuringo's scandal in the past. She overcame that one and continued her career just fine until her graduation.

I already see malicious comments from Japanese netizens regarding this scandal. It's gonna be a long day.

2. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Lots are mad because of the sick days off for shibuya note and rajira, and apparently they going out during that day. Everyone are shocked but quite a lot still support her, there are even nogi jp group that im in actually restrict the topic.
    I'm anxious but whatever happen hopefully the consequence not too big.

3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Well, this could be her countdown towards graduation. Yeah, fans can be so unforgiving but she has spent her younger years as an idol. That's 10 long years already. I was never a big Hoshino fan but I enjoy watching and start liking her these past couple of years. Who knows, she might have already been thinking of her future. Hope everything would be fine with her. Whatever follows, wish her all the best.

4. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I read about this, thought it might not be what I thought. But if this means that she is faking sick and lying to management, I think mgmt will not take it lightly. That's like double fault there... It's one thing to just date, but to do it so openly while evading work are pretty bad combo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

"At least he's not a Johnnies idol?"

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
  6. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

Well, knowing her from her being my oshi for so many years, I am not even a tiny bit surprised lol. Not only I fully expected her to have a bf, but if the rumors about the guy (him being the son of a very rich and powerful guy) are true, he is also exactly the type of guy I expected her to date lmao.
    Now, on other note, my subjectivity aside, if she did lie about being sick just to date him, she must go. It’s totally unprofessional and she fully knows it. Let’s put it bluntly, Minami has always been unprofessional, but this is another level.
    The fact that she did it so openly, however, means she doesn’t really care anymore and she planned to graduate soon anyways. She’s been in this industry since she was 12-13 and she is now 23 to 24, she clearly dated before, let’s not pretend. She certainly has more than enough experience to know that that’s not how you hide a relationship.

• Agree Agree x 11
  7. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Even if she didnt lie about the sick part, the fact that they meet again with high possibility that she already know they are caught from the prev date(denim dress) means whatever happen she already have grad in mind. Including how bunshun phrase their word, it will all depends on how management deal with that. I guess we just need to wait tomorrow what action will they take that wont effect nogi too much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Way back when they did that special series where two members would go on a trip together, she went to Spain with Asuka. The way she was talking on the trip, about kids and marriage and stuff, made me think she was already ready to graduate. And that was a few years ago, pre-Covid.

So good for her, even if this does lead to her graduation. I feel like every 1st and 2nd gen is one step away from graduating anyway, so if you're going to do it then do it for a good reason, like finding a good man that you want to have a relationship with.

9. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    dmg control for what?
    I think she's just trying to find excuse to grad. Maybe like 30% she wanted to be caught.

Hoshino is cute but never really fit my imouto preference, of all Nogi imouto chara so far, I like Saachan the most. Hoshino is very laidback (to say it positively) in many aspects (yeah it's a part of Imouto chara) and I don't fancy that.

Edit: seems the guy from powerful family, now that makes him a good catch. It's not impossible that the laidback lil' sis chara wants someone that can securely pamper her. That's how you use your "nationwide popular idol" card. Not getting preggo with some douchebag utuber. kekw

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Amajingu

Amajingu Member

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    id be curious to know how people on japanese twitter are reacting to this now that its almost 8am on thursday

11. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Recent CM has been updated to reflect current events...

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Creative Creative x 7
  12. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

the most ulgy mind CM I ever seen since i was born

i wonder how old of this cm s creators.

such a loww , lookalike it has no respect in mind

shit

infact you never got more views on youtube from doing this

just guiding

dislike me more kid...

that make this cm-shit look great

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Amajingu

Amajingu Member

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    tbh, when its all said and done and said again, i blame sony and the idol culture they promote. its not all glamour and fame. they steal childrens futures in the name of profits and in hoshinos case she never had the chance to learn the skills to be a mother or a wife or pursue a higher education. (i could say the same thing about asuka). if this nonsense is going to continue then i feel the minimum age for new member auditions should be 16-17 years old. give these girls a chance to actually experience teenage life so when they do graduate they have a chance to function as normal members of society. i could go on but i wont. dont blame minami, blame sony for this mess. it was 10 years in the making. shame on them.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

i dont think this idea come from sony ... akipie and morning mesome s manager.

its otaku s system.

do you see when akb48 s manager cry in front of otaku that day .... he dont do anything .

i dont believe that minami , sayurin , maiyan , and so on never talk and do something else with men in this 10 year s .

so dont worry about that .this kid have more than you think.

haters always hate if you dont know this facts...

these people are sick man .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Are you saying Minami isn't functioning as a normal member of society?

She looks like she's doing just fine to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Amajingu

Amajingu Member

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    when a member decides they want to graduate, you dont go to management and say i want to graduate by such and such a date. management tells you when youll graduate. some members have had to wait as much as 2 years to do so. in the meantime they have a life they want and have no way to live that life until they are 'let go'. and no, minami is a text book example of someone who is basically a 'gold digger' because she always had everything handed to her so now she has someone she cares for that will do that for her. its not her fault and i bet you dollars to donuts when she graduates she wont be anything but a ghost as far as the entertainment industry is concerned. i do believe she could have been so much more as a 'normal' person...a wife...a mother...a working professional if she had joined nogi at a later age. she would have had a lot more life experience prior to being an idol.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    Firstly, I'd like to say that Hoshino gave her childhood to Nogizaka46. She was criticized by fans for being laid back and spoiled and it clearly got to her, but she worked hard regardless of the backlash. She was also chosen to be a Fukujin on several occasions, so I know her popularity is something that she deserves. If management sends her off because this cannot be kept quiet, I hope she is sent off with big smiles, lots of thanks, and great appreciation for being the cute imouto idol that she was. Thank you Minami-chan for your loving and sincere work as an idol.

Secondly, I must say with honesty that this may be her finality. Kindly remember that we are still enduring a COVID period, and from what I have seen, one picture shows her sitting beside this male without her mask on. They also spent a lot of time together. Nogizaka is still one of the most popular idol groups, therefore, such unprofessionalism and slight irresponsibility could lead to a major risk for the other members being infected. Popular members as well. Minami cannot afford to be selfish despite being human and having the natural needs of a grown adult.

I'm just saying: it's a possibility that management has to look out for. The way I see it, this might be her signal that she wants an "out". She looks carefree and she's done it all as an idol, so if it's the last stand, I'm still rooting for her.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

I hope not a douchebag lol, at least not some type of spoiled rich kid. I'm on papa-shitara mode right now lol

As far as I can agree, I wonder if this level of unprofessionalism must go that far Unless if it fits the scenario that she already had enough with idol life and want to graduate.. I play with the idea, but in my pov maybe the usual pattern of apology and hiatus will do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    in this case i disagree that Sony and Idol culture should blame for her Dating Scandal, it's hoshino decision whom she want to date with and it's wasn't sony who force her to be an idol and bet her youth for fame. sony just did their Job and Hoshino already spent 10yrs of her life in as an Idol and so this might be the right time for her graduate from the group and the fact that she lied that she was sick so she could go out with her "rumor" partner is unforgivable to her fans she should apologize for it. i hope she discuss to Management her future plans for herself and to the group.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Never heard a member need to wait for 2 years to get actual graduation.

• Agree Agree x 4