1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hoshino Minami (Minami) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Hiatus it is then, good decision. With the members that announced grad are still here , grad is bad option currently. If she is planning to grad ,its better to do it properly next single.

Under or not, if she decide to continue i will support her. But if she also decide to continue dating, i hope she can hide it better. Being so open again in the future wont do any good to nogi. Before u guys start to talk about love ban again, remember that it wont change anytime soon so any opinion about it wont change anything and this is a team game, one person can effect the whole group whether its big or small.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    it'll probably be a hiatus, then may be a grad before the next singles if the management thinks that its better that way. or the other option is hiatus for a longer few months till things start to settle down a bit, then take it from there.

3. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Oh yeah I forgot my bad , but this would take a toll on her
    In 7th and 8th single shes just a kid back then

Getting sent back to abyss in todays age aint it

Ringo lose her perma fukujin streak for her bunshun scoop

Yanchan basically lose 80% of her chance to get back to senbatsu after bunshun scoop
    She went from sellin 20 slots to barely sellin 8 after

4. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Pretty sure most of us who oppose it are well aware that it won't be changing any time soon. Doesn't mean the subject can't be discussed and debated. Given the way some domestic fans (and apparently some foreign ones as well) are currently conditioned to react so strongly to such incidents, yeah, it's definitely going to affect the group. If things were different, and dating wasn't an issue, there would be no scandal and nothing for these fans to be mad about, right? If the discussion was instead focused on the possibility of Hoshino lying to get out of work to go on a date instead, then yes, fans have every right to criticize her. The reactions would definitely be nothing compared to subject of dating though.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

I don’t personally see her recovering from this. It took her a very long time to sort of (not truely) recover from being a top, front-row member that many saw as future center during the first singles to being dropped to Under and she only managed to get consecutive fukujins in “Kaerimichi” & “Sign out” and the last two singles. Now, if she wants to stay after a longer hiatus, she will have to be fine with doing the whole thing all over again, but this time while being hated and criticised constantly by a lot of fans.
    This is especially true with her character. Scandals are much harsher when they happen to the “imouto”, “innocent” type of chara. Because it is hard to continue with this chara afterwards. Sayuri managed to do it, but that’s due to her immense willpower + the fact she was still quite young so her idol career still had a long way, both things Minami lacks.
    If she continues, I will obviously continue to support her like I have done for all these years, but I genuinely believe that graduating would be the better option for her at this point.

• Agree Agree x 12
  6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    This is a hiatus followed by a graduation imo. Management just doesn't want to announce it immediately but I wouldn't be surprised if this was her last single.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Thats goods news for me and other Tamami Fans

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

This is the reason why I think it's better to graduate than attempt a comeback. Why go through all these when at this point, many 1st/2nd gens are already graduating anyway. But I agree, they just don't want to rush things up. She will eventually graduate. They made the right move. She apologized and will now be out of the spotlight which is for her own good.
    Ooops :v:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Ringo was never on Fukujin streak. 8th single only have 5 fukujin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

JYP had dating ban when twice debuted. It was 3 or 5 years i forgot. JYPark himself told them that he would have a lunch with the boyfriend if they have any after the love ban expired. I am Once since like ooh ah era. Momo and Jihyo dated after the love ban lifted while Mina's photo were sometimes before the ban lifted and sparked a bit controversy. KPop are easing their love ban rule but 2nd gen Kpop idols were strictly prohibited. I don't know about current Kpop idols as have more important things to do, but they indeed had love ban rule and some agencies included it in their contract.

I'm trying to put my shoes in these fans okay. I think they will support her if that is hoshino minami, but not Nogizaka's hoshino minami. She has 10 years in it and fully aware of the consequences. She has this chara which is her reputation in the industry, and like in any other businesses, if you broke your reputation then you lose the trust. Simple.

It could work for KPop idol group but maybe can't work for this bulk member idol group. Twice fans are accepting members to have relationship because for Onces Twice are 9 members group, you take 1 for this rule and it is not Twice anymore. But for AKB group and Sakamichi group, let them having relationship only means she will lose profit because the fans will shift to a younger members. Then she have to graduate because her place can be replaced with a more fresh younger member.

This is what concern me the most. It will be a butterfly effect and affect the group as a whole. The safest solution is to graduate. If nogizaka members are allowed to have relationship then it will contradicting to their group image.

Seems you are ready to solve Japan's big problem, then go ahead. Afaik it is very complicated because it includes japan social and economy problems. There are rational reasons for these folks to choose such a path. Mostly because of economy.

No, but if you make your chara as you main selling point that is your reputation for your consumer. And you broke that reputation then you lost trust. It works in any industry. Even Amazon's share dropped when Jeff got scandal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

Hoshino Minami is under a contract with Asahi beer for commercials so it seems they wait until the contract expire.

This buzz rhythm was pre-recorded. Hoshino didn't show up on M-Ste which was live and was replaced by Den-chan. Even Bananaman in their Radio show Bananamoon didn't mention hoshino for a single time and not played Nogizaka's song.

• Like Like x 3
  12. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

No prob mate, I just got bored last night and followed the news.
    So it was M-Station (live) 9pm JST ----> Buzz Rhythm (pre-recorded performance) -----> Bananamoon

That buzz rhythm probably was recorded before bunshun attack.

13. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Doubt Tamami would take Minami's spot, it would be a 4ki.

I'm a once as well and I've been into kpop since 2011. These "dating bans" are all lip service for fans. They don't actually exist. The unspoken rule is that you can date but you can't get caught. SNSD (a 2nd gen kpop group) had dating rumors practically from the start, although their relationships were only revealed later on (more particularly when they were about to sign a new contract). When Mina and Bambam's photo was leaked nobody mentioned dating bans because kpop fans know they're not actually a thing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

I'm mostly pertaining for Music show apps not senbatsu selections lol

So far Tamami is their go to Go sub whether its Front member like Zukki or Fukujin Like hoshino where absent.

Since hoshino will no longer promote this single then thats more opportunity for Tamami haha

15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Its the same in Japan.

Management doesn't actually enforce a dating ban. Most rational people know that most members over 20 (and probably some under 20) are dating on the low.

It only matters when they get caught. And even then some times it doesn't matter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Don't sass me. I stated that the country has a population problem and for an industry to be profiting from these vulnerable individuals is questionable. Do you honestly believe that it's rational to fill one's loneliness with delusion and fantasy? Is this rational, healthy behavior?

If a fan's support for Hoshino is not based on a delusional connection with her and is instead on the appeal of her character, by all means, they're entitled be disappointed and are free to stop spending money on her. The problem is the most vocal ones are the deluded individuals who actually believe that a girl her age is incapable of dating during their personal time. Again, is this rational, healthy behavior?

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

Well, I am sure some agencies did put love ban in the contract because there was a time when idols themselves criticized that rule. It was all over the internet. whether it was lip service or not it would turn to who they date and the fans reactions.
    Afaik when SM still 'had the rule' yoona was not that much problem, but Sulli got harsh attacks. It depend on who the idol dated.
    When twice debuted knetz had already eased on that issue, but JYP did tell them to restrain from dating for 3 years. I think it was right after sixteen.

Back to japanese idol, if you want to let idols date then make groups that only consist 4-11 members,or else it is not feasible in business sake. For the current model, they have graduation tool, change her to someone fresher because unlike KPop idol, most these members are changeable in their product's role, the music.

It is tough rivalry with Den-chan lmao

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Exactly. It's not that kpop idol fans don't react badly too (since I mentioned SNSD, Taeyeon had a dating scandal and it was a disaster, precisely because fans thought she and her boyfriend made it too obvious). But a big difference between kpop and jpop is that in kpop the relationships will most of the time be admitted (and they'll be downplayed, saying they recently started meeting "with good feelings"). But in Sakamichi groups that would never happen. You either apologize, graduate or ignore it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

okay kingly ..

i think i found some king here and i dont care about shit on internet .
    dont try to teach me
    just warning .
    when lot of shit stay together then i called it big shit .
    i dont think that you can think any more ...
    okay you can comment too. wow amazingggg

o i see lot of commment that start like this

sush as i am oshii ***** for 10 years and i support nogizaka46 for 9 years....

i think i will acts like this too . its fun.

lets begin ....

since i am nogizaka46 s supportor for 8 months then i am so confused.

i have read minani s statement and i really happy now.

minami have been writed on the blog and i have been read .

i am so happy now.

as you might know that i am happy so i can not busy with some shit here ...

sorry

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

It is not, but have you live in Japan or researched how they live in Japan?.
    The background for that culture, yes idol is a culture, has it's own history and even dark one. Live in there becoming harder ever since japanese bubble popped. And I mean raising a family and property prices that are unreasonable for many of them. When there is market, business thrieve. They offer more affordable alternative for them, and it works. Don't even ask me about work culture of salarymen. It almost stated like why some African countries are poor, why don't they just work.

I can't relate on what degree of delusion are you talking since I cant find much of the delusional that match your characteristic on twitter since i follow the news.
    I am sorry if i am being harsh but her only selling point is her imouto chara. Doing that for 10 years and you will attract more creepy fans and it would become her trademark. Many creeps would become a loyal fans for 10 years with monotone chara. I am sorry, I oshied minami too but look at Asuka, she was imouto chara too but she took nanase's role and now the ace. And the expectation for this type of imouto chara is those things. If she fed up with this then graduate. She should developed more oneesan chara with growing number of juniors, but it seems she craves for attention. She got that on her BF, congratulation.

Back to cultural background, idols culture in japan started when groups of students fed up with students movement then held concerts and events. So japanese sees idols as kids who are growing to be artists. They can stop if they already acheived their goals. In korea, idol group started from seotaeji, so it was started as pro artist and had been treated as professional artists.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2