1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I woke up to see many Indonesian fans spamming hatred to Mion and Naachan
    Many Japanese criticized it too, but there are a lot of positive messages as well. But all of these were drowned because many JKT48 fans made it all abt themselves and even spammed Mion's instagram...

2. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I have to say, this disappoints me the most

• Agree Agree x 13
  3. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

To paraphrase that old Virginia Slims ad, "You've come a long way, Majime-girl"...

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Eh. I don't think they're right at all. Mion had been GM for what, 2 months when the Moeka scandal happened? And Yukarin's case was actually a matter for a "public moral committee", while (based on what little we know) Naachan seems to have gone about this relationship with her characteristic seriousness.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    There is no limit on how deep a business can fall.
    Taking Aki-P's (or any big business) words at face value is naive. Facts and logic proved otherwise. The 48G love ban rule doesn't exist on paper and on public statement and doesn't even need to. As I previously stated, it's existence is a psychological truth, an illusion that exists emotionally and it's effective as hell being so. "love ban is something only entitled fans care about" isn't even true if you take oversea Asian fandoms into account. Every single oversea 48G has it, and it seems to never been seriously put into question by fans there.
    What about the so-called "entitled fans"? Well, they came into existence because the group's business created them. The group in-fact, want them to exist and actively encourage some of their behaviors. The group want their money although it never say so. I'm not sure, but I think it may not be an overstatement to say that the group was created for that type of fan.
    If not so, then what's the purpose of General Elections (today still held in NMB48 and oversea groups), a very undemocratic type of election in which one can votes as many times as he want?
    https://aramajapan.com/news/akb48-fan-charged-illegally-dumping-585-cds/81566/

Suto Ririka aside, if 48G are just like other groups that never have any "love ban" rule, then let's take a look at how many girls they've ever hired. According to stage48 wiki, there are f*king 671 of them in Japan alone. With that number, in 17 years, we expect to hear about a dozen of member marriage declarations, at least 200 publicly known romantic couples, also member's boyfriend would sometimes be mentioned in MC and SHOWROOM talks, and incase someone appeared hand-in-hand with some male actor/musician on Bunshun, the group would just say: "it's her/they personal matter".
    Was it the reality in all these years? Have anyone publicly announced marriage and stay member afterwards, have anyone intentionally mention her boyfriend anywhere? What members, group and fans usually said when they were caught dating by Bunshun or in some online photographs. Ririka is an exception that proves the rule.

Idols can only survive a dating scandal and still be successful afterwards if the group allow them a second chance.
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Love_Ban_and_rules
    Otherwise, it's not that the group dismiss them, they just, ahem, rEsIGn.

The "love ban" or the illusion of it and with it, the support of the so-called "entitled fans" is never insignificant. In-fact, it's one of the main thing that pushed the group and individual members to success. Otherwise, what makes rich people pour money into girls who have mediocre dancing, mediocre singing voice, and maybe, a few small skills to show off in SHOWROOM? These girls have to dedicate or pretend to dedicated her romantic life for her fans and build a parasocial relationship with them. Some Asian fans see this as a fair trade-off.

There has been an incident that show whether that type of support is insignificant or not.
    In 2018, someone photographed Furuhata Nao going to Disneyland with someone who vaguely looked like a man. They didn't even act romantically. Many of her fans immediately posted very furious messages on twitter because they suspected her dating a guy. In order to calm them, she had to quickly post a clarification on Twitter in which she said that "man" was just a girl. The incident ended there.
    If only a few of her fans minded her dating some guy and they were most more vocal than others, she wouldn't have to do it that fast, she may even ignore them. She had to because she know what types of fan were the most likely to spend their hard-earned money on her merchandises and creations, to wave lightsticks of her colors in stages and concerts.
    It's easy as hell to imagine the group's future without these "entitled fans".

About Nana, because of her contributions to the group, I think she deserve a honorable graduation with a graduation concert. She has a solo career, she has many fans outside the group's fanbase, she will weather this scandal. But if the "love ban" rule is gone with her, the group will suffer, many members will suffer, a lot.

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Re: Ririka etc vs Naachan:

The problem I have with Ririka and Miichan is not the dating in itself, but the bullshit stunt that followed.

Re: Naochan’s scandal, the scandal went away but the talk about she being lesbian did not… nor did she make much effort to end it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    What do the Sasshi's and Yukirin's scandals have, but NGT, Jurina's , Miichan's and Naachan's do not?

A good and case-appropriate PR response!

Sasshi's and AkiP's stunt were kami level. It was further helped with her hetare personality and how she lets herself being teased even after she overcame the scandal.

It was a wise and apt choice for Yukirin to ignore those scandal. Esp since waves of bigger scandals ended up happening not so long after Yukirin's scandal so it was forgotten.

Naachan's and Mion's response however are examples of one PR disaster after another. It was probably the right message and the truth, but the timing and the method (via mobame rather than via public message or best, utube videos) were not. If u decided to respond such accusations, u have to be prepared to give ur best performance and not do it half-assed.

Yukirin also never sold herself as a majime character or someone who aspires to be perfect 100%. In fact after 2012, she no longer preoccupied being a Tsurishi and sells herself as someone who is relatable. You can see that she gained a lot of female fans after shifting the market.

Naachan on the other hand has been selling her self as the majime, the unofficial chief of public morality. Majime chara is already not that likeable and not that relatable. But if one chooses this path, one must make sure they are ready to walk the talk. After all, u xhoose to raise the hurdle yourself.

Further, regardless whether she is bi or not, she knows what the fans want and then aggresively push for YuuNaa herself. Sure, she could be a bi. But i think the queer baiting lies on how she sells her interaction with Yuiri. I could not care less because I could see that the two are business 'couple' or even 'friends' since I can see fake friend/relationship when I see one. But obviously many fans has this delusion or entitlement for YuuNa.

It makes me remember the saying from a japanese series, "human would rather being swayed/disilussioned by lies eventhough deep down they know it is a lie, rather than being woken up by the harsh truth". I guess this perfectly sums up the whole situation

About the love ban rule, it does not matter whether the rule exists or not. What matters is that the management has banked on such premise and what matters is that many of the fans believe such rule. Sad, but true.

(Is there any way out? Sure. Nowadays people are looking for relatability. Ofc they would bank in less money but at least they wont descend into nothingness)

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Still, i'm willing to bet she won't even make a fraction of the fuss she make now, if the subject is Okarina for example :lol:
    Maybe that's why Berin throwed the shade :awesome:

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Idols in Japan used to be able to freely commit romantic relationship before, but that was when the line between idols/artists weren't as strictly seperated as today.
    Not only the monetary/popularity loss, the ones who advocate for idols to do so is also asking for them to compete with artists - who pretty much do everything by themselves: singing, writing, composing,...
    Naachan has talents no doubt, but put her amongst the top female artists like LiSA she's still got a long way to go.
    Be realistic for once about her & AKB as a whole also.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Update from Mukaichi Mion:

向井地美音 @mionnn_485gid

私のツイートが言葉足らずで誤解を生んでしまっている ので補足させてください。 改めて運営に確認を取ったところ 「AKB48グループに恋 愛禁止のルールはなく、メンバーそれぞれが自覚を持っ て活動することで成り立っている」 とのことでした。 ですが世間では AKB48 恋愛禁止という認識が強いた め、まずはそのギャップを正した上で、 今後そのルール をどうしていくか考えるべきだと伝えたかったのです が 恋愛を解禁すると受け取られるような発言をしてし まい、申し訳ございません。

I would like to add that my tweet was not well-worded and caused some misunderstanding. I confirmed with the management that "AKB48 group does not have a rule against romance, and each member has to be aware of it. However, there is a strong perception among the public that AKB48 is a "no love ban" group, so I wanted to first correct this gap and then tell them that they should think about what they should do about this rule in the future.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    There is a mistranslation, especially the last part

...and each member has to act with self-awareness in pursuing their activities. However, since akb48 is perceived by the society as a group with love ban, besides correcting the existing gap (between what the public knows and the truth), I first wanted to relay to the public on how to address the rule in the future. Yet, (my original tweet) was misinterpreted as a gesture to erase the love ban. I apologize for causing misunderstanding "

There are so many mistranslations on twitter though

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Agree! This is the worst part of this scandal. I never had any sympathy for any of these people. But this is the worst example of a member in the position of captain.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

Joking aside, I believe you have a problem. Reacting this way to a person you have never met and will never meet is not normal. Please, seek help. <3

Naachan probably wanted to announce her graduation at the end of her solo tour anyway. She wants to play only 48G songs, so it feels a victory lap of sorts to her career. Now, if she rushes through the graduation process or lets management squeeze one more single out of her is to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

True, but you also have to admit there is a difference between I’m disappointed, but it can’t be helped and… destroying every bit of merch you have collected over a decade? Or calling her a hypocrite and a two-faced liar? Like… that crosses onto entitlement and mental instability, and that’s the type of fan that makes me ashamed of being part of this fandom.

• Agree Agree x 12
  15. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

i just come here for reading fun text and i got it.
    aruna is the future of nogi ,,, lots of people stay beside her in the beginning and we are win
    gen 5 is the future ... sorry if you dont like it
    lol

nachan will leave for sure .. no need for throw more joke at her .. she will leave anyway
    how old is she now ?? may be next year . last concert or such
    and stop touch the " godness "
    she have nothing to do with nachan s incident
    she is just the boss

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Creative Creative x 3
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Quite frankly, what is most shocking for me in this mess is how Okada and Miion handled the whole situation. It's as if they're considering themselves, the staff and the fans to be retar... slow of mind.

— Eh? Mion, what is going on? Why is everyone reacting like this? I thought the management said there was no love ban rule.
    — I don't get it either. Let me check with staff-san.

— Naachan, you were right, they confirmed there is no love ban rule.
    — Right?! I don't understand what's going on.
    — I'll keep in touch with staff-san to make things clear. I'll call you when I have more information.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I agree… sort of. It’s been a while since the last SSK, and the only remaining aspect of that old AKB is the HS events, which are basically a staple thing of idol groups these days. Times change, the groups change, the fandom (should) change.

Members from Momoclo, denpagumi and Negicco have married and stayed with their groups. It’s time the AKB fans learn a thing or two from other fans.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    I mean... Isn't that basically just the vicious cycle of what always happens when news like this drops? Both idols and fans love playing dumb and throwing around word salad bingo, while the inconvenient truth always lurks beneath the surface. Everyone knows how things really are BTS, but no one is willing to break the illusion for their own sake. This is the way it's always gonna be unless idol culture changes. Besides, I thought a lot of fans love it when their favorite idols play dumb and act like naive children... Oh right, guess it only counts when it comes across as cute and they can feel superior. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Naachan shouldn't have mentioned anything about the love ban in the 1st place in Mobame, Mion should have kept her statements in Mobame.
    They know better to not pour more oil into the fire. Management remain disappointingly silent whenever something bad happens, like always.
    I thought the NGT disaster was enough of a PR lesson for 48G already, but here we are.

• Agree Agree x 15
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    In what previous scandal you've seen the girl saying "guys, you know there's no love ban rule, right?" and the soukantoku writing two long and confusing tweets about the existence or not of such rule and what they should do about it?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2