1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

lol

It's funny how you use "girls" in a pejorative way. You guys hate women so much, that's why you won't touch grass and have a real relationship, no woman will want to be a with a creep. But I'm starting to think you are just trolling by now. Also, I wonder why are some of you so pressed about her being a supposed "queer baiter". Like, why is she allowed to have a public romantic relationship with a fellow member but the moment she appears with man everyone goes crazy. Just say you don't see sapphic relationships as real and valid relationships.

And no women will ever be your property whether you like it or not.

• Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Men feel threatened by idols in heterosexual relationships, but they don’t feel threatened by lesbian ones. I think this is for a couple of reasons, but none of the reasons are good ones.

Generally, are there any female fans that have been upset with this? I’ve seen a few Japanese ones who were, but the vast majority of her female friends seem to be understanding, even if they specifically liked Naachan because her role is sapphic. They seem to understand that dating a man doesn’t contradict pansexuality or bisexuality. (not that Nana has ever used those words to describe herself, that’s what her descriptions allude to)

• Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Mion/Naachan aren't the biggest problem in my eyes (DH is), but come on now.
    I hate to cite bunshun: Those 2 have allegedly shown just the year before they can fight against management for exp.
    The individualism aspect of 48G has always interested me, so I think the members -especially important ones- have enough freedom to handle this differently if they choose to.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    GO NANA GO!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Yunamogion cartel is very close with the management. Mion sneaked in her best friend Mogi into senbatsu (her only achievement as GM) and management gifted singing contest win to Okada.

• Like x 8
    • Dislike x 8
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Of course it is the money. Money is the entire why of the 48G. They don't exist to make us happy - they exist to make money.

At the end of the day what it comes down to is: Naachan is free to love whomever she wants, just as fans/consumers are free to spend their money (or to destroy their property) as they choose.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Dude, Do you have problems with women's rights? Stop seeing only this problem everywhere. I don't see the topic of women's rights coming up here. Only idols.

• Dislike x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    One thing that I think makes the situation more complicated is the personal relationship between Nana and her hardcore fans. We can’t speak for all big-spending fans, but as we can see by the Keisuke guy destroying his merch, there are big-spenders who feel personally insulted by her dating.

I think one reason is that hardcore fans like him are also the ones who buy tons of handshake tickets and meet Nana regularly. They are more likely to feel like Nana is “theirs”. They know her, they have spoken with her, and their money is “what’s gotten her this far”. I think at some point the line blurred for them. Unlike most products you buy, idols are something you can never own.

This alone isn’t a big revelation of course. But I do wonder what it feels like for Naachan. The fans she has interacted with the most are probably the ones who are most prone to reacting poorly. I think that puts a ton of extra pressure on her, and any girl who gets into a scandal for that matter. (It could also explain why she went to mobame first; that’s where her paying fans are concentrated.)

I saw people talking about “why do only some girls bounce back from scandals if the love ban isn’t real? Can’t anyone bounce back?”. But I think the fact that handshake events are such a key part of being an AKB member, the fear of facing your fans who have strong opinions against dating must be immense.
    I hope Naachan’s fans are kind to her in future events. She’s probably upset enough.

• Like Like x 3
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Eh. For members like Yuiri, Yuiyui, and Naachan it's pretty difficult for any one fan to buy more than about 30 tickets per single, across five slots minimum. Gachikoi fans are more likely to move their focus onto middlingly popular members, but perhaps still keep a place in their heart for the popular ones. Combine her singing talent with such a broad fanbase, and Naachan is one of the few idols who could probably survive without holding to the love ban. The problem is what that says about all the other members in the group, though.

I think that one guy's problem was less his oshi scandaling and more Naachan, the icon of idol purity and former captain of STU48 scandaling. (Many of the goods destroyed were STU48 related.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

I mean, how strong of a connection do the paying fans truly have? Even if they see her often through events, does it really amount to anything? That’s a genuine question by the way, I’ve always wondered how genuine the connections are. I assumed it could have been Tatemae.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I think you're misunderstanding my point. I'm not insisting a conspiracy theory to blame management for everything gone wrong here, but that I think management is on board and assisting with it as a whole.

But personally no, I don't think Nana and Mion are acting entirely independently. I would say that seems against their character, but you know, Nana is in a dating scandal and I didn't think that would happen. :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

We have witnessed extreme cases lately like Suuchan (NMB) / Yuukarin (AKB Team 8), even if things stayed the way it has been.
    Imagine the chaos once members are free to do whatever they want.
    Mion would resign on the spot over 400+ dating/marriage news, or something of that magnitude.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    On the spot or after writing 400 social media response? :lol:

• Creative Creative x 2
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm a paying fan who has spent money on 'real' HS, online talks and Limista sign-kais with Naachan. OK, so she's not my oshimen but she's someone I've admired mainly because of her singing talent and her work as a captain with STU48.

Whenever I've had HS or online talks on multiple occasions with particular members I've always hoped that they remember me from last time but that's very rarely happened. It currently happens with my kami-oshi Komi and it also happened with my ex-NMB oshimen Mirurun but with both of them I've spent lots of cash on HS and talks.

However it also happens with one other member who I've not spent so much money on and that's Naachan. She definitely remembers me each time and indeed she did on Saturday when I had a postponed talk with her from last July. I only had one ticket for her (because they're so difficult to win) and as the talk finished she was asking me a question but she got cut off. She also does seem to remember me with her Limista sign-kais. Now I'm not suggesting that 'something special' is happening between us but my guess is that she is good at remembering her fans who interact with her and quite possibly is better at that than many other members are. My guess is also that many of her fans appreciate that and have become 'connected' to her.

I also want to briefly mention what happened when I met her in person at an HS event at Makuhari Messe in April 2019. The thing I remember most is her eye contact which was more powerful than I've had with most other members and also her very strongly confident personality. She definitely has quite an 'aura' about her and I remember seeing a video of the YuuNaa concert from January 2020 when she was going around the audience and one young female fan was totally overcome with emotion at seeing her close up.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It's called girlboss energy! Incels like you can't relate :blush:

• Winner x 10
    • Dislike x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Creative x 2
  17. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Damn, that sounds really wonderful. Glad your experiences were good, that’s like magic! I’m a more casual idol fan because I’m currently in a relationship, so those two things prevent me from being able to participate in an event like that, but you’ve definitely sold me on the value of doing so. That perspective is pretty helpful.

But otherwise, that shows how deeply some of her fans are invested in her. I hope they’re able to understand.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Naachan has built up an image that even other female idols could fall for, let alone regular fans.
    Simply look at how =LOVE Saito Nagisa Gachikoi so hard for Onishi Momoka :^^;:
    She was STU's Captain as well - 1 of the purest Aki-P group imo.
    A recipe for disaster indeed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

By your response, the one with a problem here is you. Of course I have to bring this all the time if people are being extremely misogynistic here. Idols are still humans and I hope these people at least see them as that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm going to step in for a bit and remind everyone to try and keep the discussion civil

That means
    criticising AKB members or forum members is ok .... using insults not

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1