1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

I think this is what the true idol culture should be - I know most people want there to be a romantic element between idols and fans, but I think that’s not healthy in the long run. It should be about mutual support, appreciation, and the idol making her fans feel special through wholesome interactions. The way your idol charms you and the way Naachan makes her fans feel special is wonderful.

I know that will always feel pseudo-romantic, and that’s fine, but creating a relationship dynamic that’s unique to idols and fans that exemplifies all of those emotions I wrote above WHILE simultaneously drawing a line in the sand respecting the idol’s romantic autonomy seems to be the best balance. I hope that makes sense! It just seems the most honest that way.

I guess let’s think of it this way: would idols love fans that will respect and support them? Or would they like fans that get jealous over every move? I think it’s obvious…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

The reason I like idols is because their hard work inspires me to be better and also work harder in my daily life. There's also the entertainment side, I enjoy to watch their variety shows when I come back home after a long day of work. That's it for me and I don't expect everyone to be like this and it shouldn't be like this, people will have different experiences but it should always be built upon a healthy relationship. I love (φιλία) my oshi and I will consume and buy her content and cheer on her. I want her to be happy and to experience the fullness of life. She inspires me and I want to grow up to be like her. As I said it's my personal experience.

And it's totally possible! I have acquaintances that have been otaku since even before I was born and they like the pseudo-romantic atmosphere but they will always know their limits. They are against RKJ (even more than myself) and will defend the idol's autonomy, even if they enjoy this aspect. That's why I can't understand these extreme reactions...

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

the circle-jerky cringe in this thread is too much. as others have said countless times here and elsewhere: the dating/love/don't-screw-up-publicly ban is very real. and guess what? the people who don't care if idols date don't matter and they never will.
    "i'm a real feminist so i think idols should be able to date/marry/become housewives" OK DUDES

• Dislike x 12
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

you may talk a lot of trash, but this here is gold that fans can't deny
    okada nana winning number liar this year

funny how I said the same things to people who had a fire lit up their bum when Nakai Rika had a scandal, just let adults have their fun right?
    but people will get mad, because everyone has some form of mindset that believes idols should be a certain way. Rules or no actual existing rules

could be true, but Japan is probably the one few places or the only place where people(mostly men) pay lots of money just to talk to girls, not even sex, just to talk which is just bizzare if you were to tell to anyone
    otakus are just weird people, not that much to us idol fans, because we are idol fans too, but it just gets more weird when you realize that Japan has people who are crazy about things like trains, or maps
    Japanese otaku culture is the way it is because Japanese society exist the way it is

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

I feel like because of Naachan's handsome bf, more people are willing to defend her.
    The double standard would come out real quick if it's someone much older than her/shady background/not as good looking. Suddenly it wouldn't be her choice anymore - but weird comments about his looks and such. Women's rights just don't work like that.
    Handsome guys can be trash too, he approached her knowing full well she's an Idol. What does that tell you?

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

This guy totally gets it.

This guy doesn’t!
    Yes, the fact of who she’s dating is also relevant here. He seems like a decent enough guy and is within a proper age range for her.

If she was dating a creepy old man, it’s not really a double standard, those relationship dynamics don’t seem healthy at all. Like when I’m on the train in Tokyo and I see a 20 year old model with a 60 year old businessman, I assume it’s a paid service. Could this old man theoretically be sweet? Sure, but not from what I’ve seen…if an idol was dating a creepy old man, I’d assume that they’d be dating a business manager, and they tend to be pretty corrupt. So I’m relieved Nana found someone close to her age and in a similar line of work. He seems like a nice enough guy. Also, I’m kind of relieved that even though he’s handsome, he’s actually not unusually or ridiculously handsome…it makes the relationship seem a bit more down to earth. He looks like a normal guy. You are right, though, that the reaction would probably be different - I just don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing that it would be

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

no, you don't get it. these idols wouldn't even exist without the things half this thread are decrying.

• Agree x 8
    • Disagree x 7
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

There is no "decent enough guy" that dates idol with love ban rule (though unofficial). I think KojiHaru said the same thing and she was arguably the prettiest AKB member ever and still graduated without any scandal in her 12 years of career.

If anyone really think that guy is a 'decent guy' when he's dating an idol and trying to live with her after few months of dating, you are naive af. He probably knows all the consequences that Okada would get but decided to do it anyways. Perhaps Okada's rich daddy is buying them some tower mansion in Tokyo?

What if the guy dumps her? Then Okada has nothing left. She's completely fked. And how many young couples from entertainment industry end up in a long-term, happy relationship? Very, very few. If they ever get married, I say the chances of their marriage lasting more than 3 years is less than 1%.

• Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

If it's her dad buying the house, than it's most probably hers, so the event of him possibly being dumped is a lot more probable than the contrary. Also, what's with those out of nowhere percentages?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Right. I treat all the guys in cases like this as trash until proven innocent.
    I don't give a damn how he looks and whatnot.
    He's willing to let Naachan take all the heat by herself, what kind of a bf is that?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Huh?
    How on earth u can make such conclusion LOL?

Plus, about her bf being handsome.. i bet many people will disagree LOL.at least miichan's date was more handsome than him :p

I also kinda agree with Kojiharu's remarks : "There is no "decent enough guy" that dates idol with love ban rule" . She is much more level headed than I would expect her to be LOL

Especially given how many female celebs have divorced their bf after finding out their bf is cheating... even much bigger A-list celeb like Anne and Nakama Yukie cannot escape from this turmoil...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Again, for some reason, it’s kinda more humbling that he’s not the most handsome guy out there…he looks utterly mundane. It shouldn’t really matter either way, but it’s more of a bonus thing.

Just because other celebrities have had situations where they cheat doesn’t mean this is a foregone conclusion. Every relationship is different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Look at what happened to ex Keyaki's Zuumin.
    Raising a child on her own, bf got arrested then retired from showbiz last month.
    So tragic...

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Zoomin case is the perfect example of the worst case scenario of this.

That guy had multiple domestic abuse case known to public, 1st was with an underage GF (at that point) , and 2nd the more well known case among Chika Idol fans was with Kyouka, former Yumemiru Adolescences member (she's been seen with bruises face where she tried to cover multiple time).

The fact that she posted a "cryptic" message "wishing Zoomin the best" after the announcement of marriage with the guy is another sign.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    I was just remember that prank when Takamina was pretending to date. All members who were closer to her were like "she seems happy, I hope she really is" "he looks handsome"... obviously the girls have each others backs and good for Nana that she changed her mind after that ssk speech.

In other news, some of you seem to be very lonely

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Damn, if she really said that she is extremelly shameless.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

While I've never fantasized about dating my faves, I consume "idol" content for it being surreal and, dating makes idols seem more mundane and real, and the ideal I projected onto my faves faded. It does not help that, most of the time, idols do not pick their date partner with best discreet. And, when they break up, someone will take the blame. I will have no more joy to follow if the idol industry steer away from what it is created for in the first place, if idols live freely with no need to meet fans' expectation. There will be no difference to those wild American pop stars. I can just follow Kim Kardashian instead.

While I find fans' rage and disdain pathetic, are they only ones at fault? Idols keep luring fans to rain their money saying idols indebt to fans yet, it's all fans' fault if they are entitled and believe the idol must live the way they want, huh? It takes two to tango but, only one of them is at fault? Those furious fans are both victim and culprit in this situation.

The dating ban may be not a modern creation but date back over a century ago. If I understand correctly, in old days, kabuki fans did not know if a famous actor got married until several years later when the actor already retired from main acting role. Thailand has had something very close to idol - fans relationship with its folk performance art likay. For the survival of the troupe, likay's male lead must always appear grateful, sweet and single before his supporters, almost all of who are aged married women.

In an approximate industry, there is a similar issue between fans and boys' love actors. Thailand has become the biggest producer of boys' love contents and its biggest consumer is Chinese fangirls. For better marketability, lead actors of a drama will timely live stream together, regularly like each other new photo on IG, and occasionally post photos of them going out together. Earlier this year, the hell broke loose as Chinese fangirls caught an actor dating a girl. Their actions mirrored those of wota, they burnt photos of his, cursed him and his girlfriend (on Weibo). They were furious that he gave them false hope that he and his co-lead in the drama were in love.

For the case of Nana, like someone has mentioned, it is not just about her dating. She established a character which her fans saw as fact and, she now has ripped that perceived image. Many of furious fans might be furious over the false promise rather than her relationship.

When you sell something beyond your performance, you can't say your private life is no fan's business. Your private life intertwines with the persona, the character you sell.

Wota may be pathetic weirdo but, there is no idol business without these weirdos. Which "decent" man will buy handshake ticket, multiple ones even? Which decent man will collect photocards of minor girls 20+ years younger?

About AKB48 loses its popularity because of love ban, are you sure love ban is not applied on Hinatazaka or IVE? In general, Korean idol industry is known to be very manipulative and this does not stop kids to tune into K-pop idols.

He is by general Japanese standard.

Buying an apartment unit to live together just few months in the relationship sounds like a red flag though.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    https://twitter.com/onigiridouga3/status/1595301368654606338?t=u7YzHSSHjLLBu6VUu1rkQQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/okadanana_1107/status/1595301136575045632?t=a6wApJCLS7QImJvcxosY9w&s=19

Welp, officially.
    She's announced grad.
    Transcript (With the help of Google Lense, So expected not everything right):

"I'm really sorry for causing a lot of trouble with the weekly magazine issue.
    I apologize for the delay in posting my apology. I'm really sorry for betraying and hurting all the fans who have supported me until now. Sorry for disillusioning you.
    In the past, we criticized scandals in the general elections, and wanted to change into a group where the members who worked hard were rewarded. It's full. However, there is not a single lie in my words at that time.
    It can't be helped if people think I'm not convincing, but it's true that I've been doing my best in idol activities for the past 10 years. I truly love the AKB48 group, the staff, the members, and the fans.
    think for yourself
    I decided to take a hard line. I will graduate from AKB48. The staff told me that I didn't need to graduate, but after many discussions, I made the decision myself.
    Graduation date is undecided
    I would like to do my best in AKB48 activities until the end. Please let me talk to you again at a later date.
    To all the fans, all the members, I'm sorry for being such a person.
    Okada Nana "​

• Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Good! This is the best solution for everyone! Otsukaresama~. Good luck with her solo career as artists.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1