1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I visited a couple of times. The first time was on a Sunday between afternoon and evening shows and I was able to freely walk along the corridor with the photos and look around the main lobby where the entrance doors are. The second time was while a Team 4 show was in progress, this time the main lobby was full of fans watching it on a screen. I watched one song performance before moving on as I think you’re only meant to be able to watch if you’re an unsuccessful ‘cancelmachi’ ticket holder but nobody stopped me.

I’ve heard that access for visitors isn’t permitted about 30 minutes or so before a show which is probably what @jmo42 experienced. I’ve also seen that sign which @sscrla saw when no performances are scheduled.

@bonjourmarlene I’ve just reread your post - are you asking if access is allowed to the Theater itself while no show is in progress - the answer is no, the time I was there on the Sunday between shows a security man was guarding the entrance doors.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't necessarily mean the area where the performance takes place, but just to see some of the building; like you said, maybe the photo wall or the front of the building, which you see on performance streams/LODs before the performance starts, like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 09.57.59.jpg

Just in general, I suppose, my question was how far you can get without having a ticket. I will try to apply for a ticket, but my trip is planned for October, so there's nothing to apply for just yet, so I just wanna know how much I can see in case I don't get lucky.

So thanks everyone @sscrla @David61 @jon_azuki @jmo42 for your experiences and explanations!

Since I'm planning to stop in Nagoya and Osaka too (only briefly in Nagoya, but for a few days in Osaka), if anyone knows what it's like for the SKE and NMB theatres, especially the latter, do share your experiences, please :)

3. jon_azuki

jon_azuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ma Chia-Ling + Mizushima Miyuu
    Twitter:
    OttamageDiamond
    I made it as far as that door without a ticket. Past that door is the stage, you will already have passed through the photo wall.

• Like Like x 1
  4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've found some photos from my Sunday late afternoon visit in 2016. The first shows the corridor with the photo wall (I've included a second pic with some much-missed former members) which leads to the main Theater entrance door in the third picture (click on images for larger versions):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've gone to each of the entrances of the theaters for SKE, NMB, HKT (old) and NGT but no access was possible past the staff members on duty (the NMB one was closed at the time anyway). The NGT one did though have some costume and poster displays outside:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The SKE entrance was worth a photo:

[​IMG]

I'll be in Tokyo and Nagoya later next month and I'll try and win Theater shows for AKB and SKE. The only Theater show I've so far ever won was for STU which was at one of their 2018 temporary onshore locations in Shunan City, Yamaguchi where a photo board had been set up inside:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm going to chime in and mention that I ran into the same sign @sscrla ran into .... I managed not to cry ;)
    And I went mainly hoping to see this, but as Miichan graduated I doubt I'll try again this year (yeah, I'm aware there is still the bronze plaque)

did visit the AKB Cafe though ;)
    almost never make selphies ... but did take one in front of the cafe ...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thanks again everyone for your insights!

It no longer exists, right?

• Like Like x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    That's right, it's gone as has the SKE48 one in Sakae which IMO was better. Last November there were temporary AKB48 cafes in a few cities across the country but nothing seems to have come from those in the way of anything more permanent.

8. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    it closed in 2019, but lives on on my n-scale layout ;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    As you can see it is closed to Japanese but easily accessed by a haole gaijin like myself. (Walk around the sign). Another haole mistake i made at don quixote was not realizing there are check out lanes on every floor, except ground level. I wandered to ground level with my unpaid for goods. And quickly returned upstairs to pay.

Such experiences are only possible because CDRE Perry was so persuasive in getting Japan open to foreigners.

10. jmo42

jmo42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Anyone else experience buffering with Eizo? Maybe it's the time I access the video's, coupled with concert length and VPN, but I almost always get lag. On a few occasions I have been able to watch full-length streams will little interruption.

12. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Dropping your question here. as this would be the more appropriate forum
    ex-NMB48 member kinoshita momoka did appear with a some facial jewelry (i think a lip or eyebrow ring) while still a member but it was most likely a cuff and not a true piercing. some members have displayed some belly jewelry iirc but again it was not body piercing. current NMB48 member, high-school-student, and a team N ace, Sakata Misaki, debuted with multiple ear piecing holes, and it was already a topic. in general, all stage earrings are clip-ons.

exactly the sentiment for misaki's earholes.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  13. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    I remember reading that ex-NMB48 Jonishi Kei was reportedly a strict woman. She never did any piercing nor dying her hair during her time in NMB48.

14. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    Iirc Shitao Miu has a helix piercing on her right ear(?) that i accidentally spotted on one of her youtube videos/vlogs recently, like real and not a clip-on...It was pretty obscure in the video tho.... and i don't know if that's something that is already pretty well known amongst the fanbase or not.

oh and i just remembered, ex-nogi 1st gen member hoshino minami was spotted with multiple ear piercings like 7-8 years ago... which some people claimed as a kind of "gap moe".

DiEdpKfUYAEXWg8.jpg DiEdpZbU8AAghSy.jpg DiEdqA1V4AEd370.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    By the way, do they have the chance to shower/wash up after each training session, rehearsal, tour, etc. ? Or do they simply change their outfit and go for their next program ? Since they sweat a lot, it will be quite gross if they don't, even during winter.

16. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    Such a quirky question, Sayunyan [hehe]

But fr i hope they do take showers between gigs. Because i bet idol sweat still smells like my sweat.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  17. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Does anyone know the name of the show and date of this performance?

[oversize image]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2023
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    New Year's Day 2011, 「あけましてAKB!『晴れ着BEST HITメドレー』」 (Akemashite AKB! 'Haregi BEST HIT Medley').

I also found this video in HD without need for an account :fear:
    https://m.xuite.net/vlog/xxblotchxx/dnYzYnZDLTM0MjI0MjYubXA0

Contains Hebirote, PonyShushu, Aitakatta

Here's the full 1.5hr show:

EDIT: If you're curious how I found it, the top of the image said 晴れ着BEST HITメドレー, so I put that into Google together with AKB48 :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Does anyone have a compact guide/explanation on how to send letters to AKB members (at the theatre, I believe)?

20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think this should have the info you’re looking for:
    https://www.akb48.co.jp/letter

AFAICS you just send a letter addressed to the member and she receives it the next time she appears there at the Theater.

• Informative Informative x 2