1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

DMM.com [LIVE!! ON DEMAND] - Monthly Subscriptions

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 1, 2012.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Get a subscription at DMM.com and watch all of AKB's theater shows the day they are performed!

Setting up a proxy

1) Install FoxyProxy (Firefox recommonded).

2) Choose one of the IPs from the following sites or google "Japanese proxy IP". Try them out until you find one that works.
    http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/search-225413
    http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-jp/

If the connection seems slow, try finding another proxy you can use.

3) Verify that your IP is in Japan via this site.

Purchasing a monthly subscription

1) Visit DMM.com and create an account. Click on the following button on the top right of your screen.

Type in your e-mail address and password. (Un-)check the box for mail magazine. Then click the big yellow button.

2) You will receive an e-mail including a confirmation link that you have to follow. This will conclude your registration. On the page that comes up, click the yellow button, then log in to your account.

To add balance to your account, click this button on the left side of your screen ("Account Settings").

On the next page, click the following link ("Add DMM Money"). On the next page, scroll way down to the bottom and choose the lowest payment method (with the Seven Eleven, Family Mart, Lawson logos at the side).

3)
    • Enter your name in capitals (surname - given name) in the first two fields,...
    • copy-paste "でぃーえむえむ" + "たろう" into the second two,...
    • and give any 11-digit number starting in 080.
    4)
    • Add 3000 yen (for each monthly subscription). Add 6000 if you wish to purchase monthly subscriptions for both AKB and SKE.
    • Choose, as pictured, the first option from the drop-down menu of convenience stores ("Seven Eleven").
    • Click the yellow button and confirm the info again on the next page.
    5) You'll receive a mail. Please copy-paste and PM it to me.

6) Once I have made the payment and your account has registered the funds (takes between a few minutes and three hours), select AKB or SKE from the main page, then click the button as pictured.

[​IMG]
    Click the button on the right ("Pay with DMM Money"), and confirm your payment on the next screens.

[​IMG]
    This should finalize the process and now you're good to go.

Downloading videos

1) Using your proxy from above, log into DMM and find the show you want.

2) Turn off the proxy and start the download. You will have to "right-click save-as" if you're using any browser except IE..

[​IMG]
    Watching the show

In order to play the videos, use either the official DMM Player (compatible with both Windows and Mac OS) or WMP.

To install the DMM Player, follow this link - then right-click the screen and tell it to install on your computer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
  3. alachad

alachad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    The procedure looks daunting at first, but it really isn't. There are fast proxies out there, so if the first one you try is slow, pick another one.

Already downloaded 3 shows! HRP was fast to apply my funds at the Seven Eleven, and DMM had the funds on my account within minutes (their site says it takes up to 3 hours).

If you run into any problems, PM me and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Support AKB (or SKE) and buy a subscription!

4. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    I buy single shows with a valid card (doesn't matter if it isn't from Japan).

You don't need to keep the proxy running. Just enough to navigate dmm and once you press the download button and it starts downloading, you can cancel the proxy. Chances are you get a slight boost in speed.

Getting the monthly is more economical so take this opportunity to experience the live on demand service.

5. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

The whole process is relatively simple, proxy can be slow at times just don't be impatient and keep clicking. It was my biggest mistakes in the end it makes the process much worst then it should be. So follow the direction and everything should work. I am glad I get to experience DMM and support the theater shows this way.

6. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I am probably slow today because of yesterdays pub-run, but following this guide I don't get how my real money will end up at DMM.com account. It appears that this 7-11 payment method is the key activity. Can you HRP help me out here?

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Being abroad, you can't pay for DMM.com directly (since they don't accept most foreign-issued credit cards, etc). Unless you're using a proxy, you won't even be able to select the "convenience store payment" option. So you have to go through someone that is in the country.
    It's the reason why until now most people living outside of Japan had to go without an account.

You send the money to me through Paypal and I will make the payment at the next convenience store. You'll be able to use the account in three hours max (once DMM registers the payment).

8. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I am slow today, lol. Paypal information was in bold red letters at the top of your post. How could I miss that :fp:

One last question: Does DMM provide 720p shows or all content is only in SD?

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It happens to the best of us.

The catch is you'll have to trust me that I'll actually use the funds to pay for you - and not change my mind and use it to go on a bar-run myself. :chuffed: Or get run over by a truck on the way to the konbini.

As of now it's SD. The uploads that you see in the usual places are generally source quality. You never know though. DMM might upgrade to HD one of these days. I wouldn't entirely rule it out.

AKB theater shows are uploaded at 11pm each day, while SKE theater shows have also been available as live stream. Again, they might start doing the same for AKB someday. On Demand service for NMB and HKT is already announced and going to start in a while.

10. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    have you guys gotten these to run on vlc?

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Not really. I've always been watching them using the DMM player. I think there's no other way to watch them apart from that and using WMP.

12. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    yeah I'm just using wmp but vlc would let me do a lot more with the video, it's weird since vlc should play wmv videos fine. I wonder if these are different in some way

\/ thanks

13. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

14. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    If anyone is thinking of ordering but are on the fence about it because they're not sure it works, if your internet is good enough, quality issues etc.
    For a short period (probably a few weeks) the NMB48 LoD's are free to watch live and download.
    Follow the instructions at the top (you only need to follow up to step two) and then you can watch NMB48 perform almost daily free of charge to celebrate their new LoD service. (They will eventually cost the same as AKB48 and SKE48.)

Tomorrow at 6.30pm JST, Team M perform M1 Idol of Yoake (aka B4)

So if you want to check our the service for quality before you purchase, you can do.

15. Charlokylie

Charlokylie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    So, I signed up all fine and I'm using a proxy IP but when I click the download button all I get is this message.

[​IMG]

Can anyone help please?

16. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Right click and click which Save As option you have.. Save target / Save Link.. whatever it's called on your version of windows/OSX. Should save the file as a WMP.

17. Charlokylie

Charlokylie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Oh, so easy! thank you :)

18. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Say if you want to download the videos, is it a direct download or you can use another download application?

19. crazy-kuroneko

crazy-kuroneko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    crazykuroneko
    Btw, I have some questions :
    1. If I purchase the monthly subscription (3000 yen), it means I can download any video that I want, even the old ones like from 2009-2010, or it's limited only for latest videos?
    2. Is there any promo for new subscriber? Free for a month maybe :awesome:
    3. Do I have to have account in seven eleven or not?

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    (1) It's limited to the last month.
    Here is a list of the available shows (currently that's 32 shows with the oldest being from October 8th).
    They sometimes do "revival" shows though. When Acchan graduated they offered her birthday shows from previous years.

(2) & (3) Not really. You get a vote in Request Hour though.
    All you need is in the OP.