1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of AKB48: The Time Has Come (14/07/04)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 6, 2014.

1. kaykay

kaykay Kenkyuusei

2. Link Floyd

Link Floyd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Awesome! You're cool.
    Does anyone have any idea wether Aidol is going to sub the Director's Cut or the regular cut? Could someone ask their tumblr? I would, but I can't use tumblr...

3. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
  4. antaressa20

antaressa20 Kenkyuusei

anyone knows the name the girl from trainee who crying when dai sokaku matsuri? i saw her n this movie

5. Joe

Joe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I just got the extended edition bluray. There is a scene that lasts for a couple of seconds but was really touching. Suuchan is looking at the mirror fixing her hair. She has a white dress and looks so insanely pretty. Karen is one step back, looking at her and crying in silence. Suddenly, Suuchan see Karen through the mirror. Turns back and gives her a warm hug and both cry. Oh, soo touching and deep. That mere scene worths the bluray price. :cute:

6. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I bet even the extended blueray only has a 10 second black and white clip of Sashi's win in 2013. I still think that was incredibly unfair. I mean I get saving time in editing and stuff but it was barely 10 seconds. If i put all the clips of "just raining outside" together i'd have 4 minutes easy.

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    exactly. It is really laughable how doctored sadness and happiness of member that is caused by the management itself is highlighted, but true victory and support of fans gets nothing on the documentary. Many people will sure enjoy watching tearful members though. How pathetic, honestly.

8. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Well, they might be saving Sasshi's election victory for HKT's documentary, you know. She's an HKT member after all.

9. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    @Yuki88: It was AKB's election she won, not HKT's and Koichun is not an HKT single. It's obvious it didn't fit into the "story" they wanted to tell.

10. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    If I give them every benefit of the doubt, they probably thought that covering 2 elections would be confusing for new fans chronologically speaking, so they added a black and white filter to kind of show "This happened in the past" so people wouldn't be confused. In reality what it came of as was just 10 seconds in black and white like her win didn't even matter. Especially in terms of what footage they actually used in those 2 hours I thought that was a little insulting. Even Sashi was mad about it on twitter. (and rightfully so)

It's the first time i've seen an entire election getting skimmed over that fast.

11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    It's unfair to sashi, I acknowledge that, but I'm actually grinning about it. Maybe it's just something several up high want to forget, like it's a fluke or something that screwed up the grand scheme of things. Either way, yay!

12. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

I don't understand what's there to be upset about. So what if they referenced the previous year's 1st place announcement in 10 seconds? They did cut to her right after on her way backstage. Were we supposed to hear more of her speech? Heck, they didn't even get to Mayuyu until the very end. And she wasn't even interviewed!

They jumped back and forth so often it was hard to tell where they were going with this film. I thought a lot of the group shuffle was unnecessary.

13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

you're mixing up director's cut version (which is honestly slightly better and has more footage in general) and the regular one, that was shown in theaters and that really matters. it has none of the footage you mentioned, only 5 seconds of black and white 2013 SSK footage with very sad music in the background right between other tragic events - Yuko's graduation concert cancellation and attack on Ricchan and Annin:/

14. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

well, don't complain if the HKT documentary becomes a documentary of Sashihara Rino then. I know I won't be.

15. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    If next year the documentary will be filled with Mayuyu moment winning election, you know what's the management up to.
    (The management using propaganda to push their favorite CENTER is nothing new.)
    I hope Sasshi will get what she truly deserve. At least, Sasshi gets much better song when she wins lol.
    I dont really care abt transfers and stuffs because those stuffs are set up purposely by management to cause drama.

16. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I have to agree. I would have been annoyed if Sasshi got more screen time since she isn't an AKB48 member anymore. The HKT fans can wait till their documentary comes around to have their love-fest over Sasshi.

17. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

The 6th election was covered in this documentary from 1:39 to 1:51, so they already did that. That's 720 seconds!

Ok ok, i'm being childish and joking a bit here. I'm glad they covered that election and much of it was Kawaei Rina's return after the stabbing incident as she entered the senbatsu etc. Of course the moment of her entering the stage as a surprise was very fabricated but honestly I don't really care, it was pretty symbolic and beautiful. My only objection was those 5 black and white seconds, but i'll stop being salty about it. To be honest I don't even particularly like Sasshi that much, but fair is fair and right is right you know :flower:. She'll likely be heavily featured in the HKT documentary and i'm really, really hyped for that!

If Sasshi doesn't even get any screentime in the HKT documentary (0.1% chance) i'm gonna laugh my ass off.

18. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Oh I see, that's actually kind of funnier. But still, of all people, Sasshi is complaining about screentime? It's not enough that the HKT documentary will likely revolve around her anyway? :^^;:

19. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait? There'll be an HKT documentary???

I can imagine it now:

HKT was a hopeless and pitiful group and was in the brink of failure until the fresh from scandal (as if they'll mention that) Sashi came as the savior and goddess to lift them from the swamp of irelevance and obscurity.

20. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I know it has been said before, but obviously it bears repeating. Nowhere is it stated that the AKB Documentaries are supposed to be a "Year in Review" digest. Not sure why some people keep thinking that. Sasshi's sousenkyo win, as significant as it was at the time, is ancient history now. It was already ancient history when this documentary released. If they hadn't mentioned it at all I wouldn't have been surprised.

In the third documentary they didn't position Sasshi as the "savior of HKT". On the contrary it was about how she was going to fit in. I don't see them switching gears now and portraying her that way. Sounds more like fan dialogue to me.