1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of AKB48: The Time Has Come (14/07/04)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 6, 2014.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Furthermore, her role there became one of a senior trying to find jobs for her juniors.

2. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    "Ancient history"? Well in that case the documentaries have always covered "ancient history".

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So the AKB Documentaries are about ancient history? That was never my impression. If so they would call it "The History of AKB48"

There is also no rule that says that the Documentary has to cover everything that happened since the last one. Every one of AKB's films have had an underlying theme. They are focusing on some events over others to underscore that theme. It isn't about "This happened, then that happened, and then the other thing happened" That would make for a pretty boring documentary.

4. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm not the one who called less than one year ago "ancient history". I personally think it should cover the main events that happened during the year.

5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    When they name you the Director you can make the film however you want. :p

I'm just saying that isn't necessarily how they chose to do it. Nor have they ever given the impression that it is how their documentaries are supposed to look.

6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Management is obviously a biased one. A member who climb up from their mistake and got support from her fans obviously deserve spotlite.
    It will definitely be an inspiration for those who watch it. Isnt that the function of a documentary?

On the other hand, the transfers, etc looks very cheap. It's under management control. And were supposed to clap, laugh and cry over management controlled situation?
    Maybe for those fanatic fans (aka wota), but not all casual fans will buy it.

Just my 2 cents. ^^
    IMO, this documentary is worse than the previous documentaries. just my opinion though.

7. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

You're missing the point again. The issue here isn't screentime, but HOW they've showed it: in black in white, with sad music in background, inbetween other tragic events, as if it was "dark ages" of AKB and they wanted to forget about it and skimmed through as fast as they could.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This documentary is a bit of a mess, IMO.
    I don't feel there's a theme as there was with the last one (Maeda leaving and what was next, etc.).

They showed way too much of the daisokaku and way too little of the election(s).
    One of the things I liked the most in the previous documentaries was seeing the reactions of the girls after they had ranked (or not) and we only got to see Kojimako (sad cause she didn't rank higher, I guess?).

Not only Sasshi was shafted (if that's the word you wanna use), but also Ikoma (the black horse in this election), Sakura, Paruru and Sayanee.
    Yeah, we might see Sakura and Sayanee's rise in their respective documentaries (maybe they intend to make a puzzle of some sort with all of them?), but I think Paruru's leap was important enough to be featured.

As for the draft itself.
    It was heartbreaking seeing Takashima Yurina being left behind like that. Her face when she realized she wasn't gonna be called, just looking around to see if there had been a mistake. Damn. :cold:
    [​IMG]

Also, Sumire and Kikuchi looking at each other realizing... well, they were gonna be sent away from AKB.

[​IMG]

The ending was a bit... abrupt? Yuko flies away. THE END.
    Dunno, they could have had Takahashi saying some words like in the last one.[hehe]

Although the final shot is simply beautiful.

Oh, well! Maybe the next one will be better. :D

9. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Well the overall underlying theme if I had to put it in words. "The Time Has Come. Yuko's Graduation and how AKB will carry on from her departure with Mayuyu as the new Center". With this main theme they work the content, while chronologically picking interesting events and happenings around it that happened since the last documentary.They've done it chronologically every documentary thus far if you don't count the A-Z ones. This is also what everyone expects even if it's not stated (let's face it no rules are stated for it anyway, kinda cheap argument no offense. A documentary documents.). There is also a strong desire to try to gain fans with each documentary, which can mean some sob stories or overacting (in my opinion), but the number one thing that's always interesting to me is seeing how these members do off stage, off the spotlight. Behind the scenes. That's really what fans want to see, and I really hope they don't fabricate this too much. It wouldn't be a documentary anymore if they did, it'd be a scripted movie.

Personally didn't feel it was on par with "No Flower Without Rain", but I thought it had some good moments. Haven't seen the Directors Cut yet and I've heard better things there.

10. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

wait so AIDOL didnt sub the movie yet?

11. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

^A lot of people would be surprised at how much time subbing can take. Our subbers do their work in their free time and I believe they are working on other projects as well. Have some patience. ^^

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    That is precisely what I am saying too. The content is based on the theme being presented in the film. It isn't about checking all of the proverbial boxes of everything that has happened since the last Documentary. The behind the scenes content and potentially eye-opening interviews are what make the films interesting to me.

13. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Take all the time you need ;) Really looking forward to it.

14. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Ok, now I see what you're getting at. But now I can't help think that this is even funnier. Still, the HKT doc will probably portray her as the hero anyway.

This is pretty much a slice of the awfulness that was this documentary. I feel like they were trying to fill too many storylines and couldn't bring them all together. I don't think the draft members shouldn't have been featured because the real backstory would've centered around Team K (and the group shuffle footage hardly referred to).

I am a biased Team K oshi, but how does Team K's story not make for a more interesting subject? It has to do with Yuko, the draft, and the group shuffle.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Interviews are another thing lacking in this one. :(

16. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    myaidol should release the subs as Christmas present :hehe:

17. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

OMG I would kill for a documentary/interview focused on deciding single senbatsus and group shuffles :worthy: but that would reveal too much behind the curtain.

18. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Oh no, I'm not a part of AIDOL. I meant "our" as in us the fans.:p

19. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Can someone tell me if there is a PV for the final song?

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, it is included with the DVD/BR