1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    No worries.
    Remember to take your time in future, and ask around first if you're not sure of anything.

2. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    AKB 2shot has been only available for their album releases, so the next 2shot chances are will be 1 year from now. (unless they decide to throw in another album within the year which i think is crazy)

3. Sheila Martin

Sheila Martin Kenkyuusei

HAHA you are right but still, I can wait for that. Thank you for information

4. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Hihi, I have a question. Being pretty unexperienced, I sorta got tickets for Paruru, Yukirin and Tano Yuka in a same slots.
    Now I worried that time won't be enough as Yukirin's queue might be too long.
    Any advice? Thanks :)

5. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    pre-queue, meaning you queue even before the start of the slot. Possibly also put Yukirin last, just to get into her line right before the cut off time.

6. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Thanks for the advice!!! I think I will go for paruru- tano - yukirin in order.

7. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Which slot is it? If it is Slot 1 or Slot 5, then I would recommend lining up for Yukirin first. When I went last year, Paruru was late coming back from lunch so her slot didn't start on time ^_^;;

By the way, when are you going? July 25, by any chance? :D

8. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Its the 2nd slot :) 1st slot, I've gotten Kojiharu and Yuihan, which I'm worried but less worried.
    If 2nd slot, is it ok to go for paruru first?

I'm going for the 5th April one :)

9. moomookan

Oshimen:
    That's totally fine! In fact, you can probably get more tickets and not have any trouble.
    When I went last year, I had Yuihan, Yuria, and Miichan all in the same slot and finished within 45 mintues. So I could have easily made it to another member! You definitely have no need to worry :)

10. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Oh great! definitely make me worry less!!! Thanks so much! :))

11. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Yuihan's lane are usually all pretty dead. So you will finish her queue pretty darn quick.

12. Philosoranter

Philosoranter Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    When I wrote in to King Records about people without Japanese addresses, this is what they said:
    So while they admitted there was no set process for someone with no Japanese address, they said it was all left up to the staff at the information desk; they had the sole and final decision.

Has anyone post-525 had problems with address or ID verification at the handshake events? I'm skittish about investing in the tickets only to be turned away.

Also, any problems from using another fan's address versus using a reshipper service address?

13. moomookan

Oshimen:
    I used Tenso for the September 6, 2014 event. Worked fine. My friend went to the handshake event YESTERDAY with a Tenso address and worked fine.

Let's all agree not to email them asking for an official policy on it... It will likely be bad for us >__>

14. Philosoranter

Philosoranter Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Thanks for the Tenso information. Anyone here using a friend's address? If it's acceptable, I think I'd rather do that than pay extra.

15. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people here also uses their friend's address. I have a few fans on here who's actually using mine as well.

16. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Address is not an issue, they know foreigners come to the events.

The only thing you need to do is go to the Information booth at the start of the event and get your tickets stamped. The staff in the lanes don't know how to handle foreign passports, because they check for an address match. Since many foreign passports either don't have them, or its a non-Japanese address they get confused.

The info booth staff will take your passport and tickets, verify the name/birthdate match, and stamp them as approved. Never been asked to explain or even confirm address, just handed them over. The staff know to expect foreigners. It's also common for even Japanese fans to get their tickets stamped (if they moved or had them shipped to work), so there is usually a line and short wait.

Occasionally the lane staff will still try to check address on the ticket, but you just need to point out that they were stamped/approved.

I also agree, it's better to ask or check here before emailing. It's been asked/discussed several times in the experiences, Q&A, and this thread. Sometimes it's best not to point out the potential 'red flags' :chuffed:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  17. Philosoranter

Philosoranter Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Thanks, Sakuraism and Tensai. I'll organize local assistance for the next handshake event. :flower:

As for checking before writing in, I've spent the last few years away from online forums as much as I could, preferring to spend my time actually watching/listening to AKB48 media rather than talking about it as such. I doubt anyone remembers me from the Jpopmusic forums, but anyone who was there knows I spent a lot more time there than I should have. Coming here was something of a last resort. :oops:

What I mean to say is, not everyone looks at forums. Even in the case of one who does, any answer posted on a forum like this one is of necessity 'unofficial' and lacks authority. I recognize that any change brought about by asking may be a change for the worse, but I will continue personally to check politely with those officials responsible for any information that may be beneficial to myself and to other overseas fans, as I have for the last several years. That is, in fact, what the official contact channels are there for. I don't think I have inspired any overt changes yet (except perhaps this page). The most common response I get is silence, or something noncommittal like what came from King Records. :fear:

Usually when I have made a question regarding being foreign, those involved in making policy decisions were not even aware that their systems were obstructing overseas participation. I doubt any of the agencies behind AKB48 would make an overt change to intentionally deny potential revenue.

Sorry, though, for asking a question that has been posted and answered before. I did read this thread, but I did not notice anything about address checks post-attack. Again, apologies to the poster if I missed that. I tried to leave something to the forum to show my thanks for a response, though if it is out of place I will have to leave it to a moderator to move/remove it. :arrow:

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The last time I emailed King records, King records did reply my queries (both english and japanese), though it may take a very long time.

19. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Apologies if I came across the wrong way. This has come up in several threads, at many different times, so it may not be as easy to find as I thought.

There has been weirdness with addresses at HKT48 (Universal Music) and SKE48 (Avex) events in the past. Not just the lane staff, but even the info booth staff, have questioned non-standard/Tenso addresses. Guess that's why I get nervous about asking too many questions. But at least at the AKB48 events, the Chara-ani/AKS staff have always been amazing. It's more the lane staff, who are temps, who will question the address. This began before the incident last year, when they started printing your address on the ticket. (in fact, I think it annoys the booth staff more when the lane staff gives the fans too much hassle).

The only change since the incident last year, is the security check and the fact you need to flash your tickets to get in (before anyone could walk in to buy goods, trade photos, chat with friends).

PS: Nice AnDare write-up - leaving a comment in that thread too

20. Joseph Chan

Joseph Chan Kenkyuusei

Just a quick question, i'm going to japan from like may2-15, i think theres an 2shot event at osaka on may3rd? whats the process of getting the ticket, (i know you have to buy an album or something like that), but problem is i can barely read any japanese. would be great if someone can help me out with this. http://blog.livedoor.jp/chara48-news/archives/cat_1263952.html, heres the link to the album information.
    Also i found some sites to purchase the album on ebay/online stores. if it says the set includes obi, does it mean it is the ticket? and how does the ticket work, and is the ticket already preselected with the members, or is general

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015