1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Translate48 Has Officially Launched! (Calling All Translators)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Translate48 is finally out of its beta! We now have our own original theme thanks to @aezea, giving our site a much more professional look. I hope the new layout will attract a bigger audience than ever before, when it was using simple images I stole from the HKT48 website leftover from the old days when it was only my own blog.

The pink/orange-yellow/black theme was chosen to invoke the colors representative of AKB48, SKE48, NMB48 and HKT48. Unfortunately, there is no leopard print color, but I think the orange-yellow/black works for NMB48 as well or at least is a decent compromise. Perhaps the most eyecatching aspect you'll see is the center photo, which is actually a rotating banner. Right now there's only a Yuihan picture, but that's because Yuihan is aezea's oshimen lol. If you're an active translator (been active in the last month) please choose a photo to represent each girl you translate and then send the link to me via PM so that it can be added. Visitors to Translate48 will see a random photo each time they load a page, which should help shine a light on the girl you're translating.

Speaking of active translators, I'll be posting an updated list of who is covering which member to the second post shortly, again based on translators active in the past month or so. Unfortunately, one or two translators have left us due to real life commitments, but we hope they'll be back when they're less busy. Members who have been freed up will be free to claim again.

We are always recruiting new translators! Just as when we started, there is no exclusivity agreement required with Translate48; if you currently translate any Google+/mobile mail/blogs anywhere else (tumblr, other blogs, other sites) all we ask is that you cross post these to Translate48, which aims to aggregate as many translations as possible. We hope this will give your translations and the girls whose posts you're translating a bigger audience; even on days in which only one writer is active, we hit around ~200 views, and of course much more on days in which multiple translators are on or an important post comes out. I think our record was ~900 views in a single day? That's a lot of people, even with our old layout. So if you translate anything or know anyone that does, please consider joining our staff or ask them to do so! No one needs to be a Stage48 member either; all I need is your email to add you as a contributor.

We hope this official launch will refresh and add even more interest to translations/individual members, which are always necessary in our fandom. Translate48 recently hit over 1000 translations too, so a big, big thank you to all the translators and all our readers too!

2. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    The new design looks really great!! Good job to you and @aezea!!

PS: Already sent pictures ^^

3. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I think I can help translating members' posts!
    I really never did that, but I'm interested and want to help! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Any future plan on including nogi blog translations?

5. heavyrotationpanties

heavyrotationpanties Kenkyuusei

Hello! Are you still accepting translators?

6. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    @Popuri - I'd gladly welcome you onto the team! No previous experience translating is required, as long as your Japanese level is enough to understand Google+ or blog posts. :cool: Which girls are you interested in translating?

@Dante - I never really thought about it, but I don't see why not. It'd be cool to add some diversity to the lineup, and I'm sure enough 48 Group fans are interested in Nogizaka46 to want to read their blog/Google+ entries. Do you already translate for a number of girls?

@heavyrotationpanties - Yes, we are always recruiting! Whose posts are you interested in translating? :)

7. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I'd like to translate Suuchan and Miichan's posts =D
    I'll try my best!!

8. Mizukitty

Mizukitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    @Popuri Oh, it's Poppu from HoshiPro~

Anyway, I'd like to translate as well.

9. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Sounds great! Please send me your email address privately via PM and I'll send you an invite to the blog within the day :mail:

Cool! And which girls would you like to be in charge of? But same deal, please send me your email address via private message and I'll send you an invite ASAP

10. Mizukitty

Mizukitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    Kashiwagi Yuki's blogs and Tatsuya Makiho's G+

11. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Hi, are you accepting translators who are not so active? Like maybe once or twice every 1/2 weeks?
    I'll translate if i have the time, mostly weekends.

12. kuity

kuity Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    jlz777
    Hi, I would also like to help.
    Have already sent you a pm.

13. hope

hope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    I would love to join and help out but I'm not exactly sure how to send a PM?

14. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Just finished my 100th translation on translate48 :) :ome:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    I am curious...do you translate for graduated members ?
    For example, if someone has some G+ posts of a graduated member when she was in the group, would it be okay to translate and post them ?

16. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I was just going through this topic again, and I was wondering if the Translator-List should be updated? Many people wrote they want to translate, but recently it's just me and @ithebigc who post translations...

17. kuity

kuity Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    jlz777
    Oh yeah, I don't frequent here as much lately but I still won't mind helping.
    Never got a reply though.

18. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    does the blog accepting blog entries for non-japanese overseas member?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.