1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iguchi Mao (Maochan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I just noticed a Japanese comment calling Mao-chan "Keyaki's nuclear warhead." Just about right, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From a Tweet by ShinokiW:
    "After some inner contemplation on my opinion on Hinatazaka, I came to the conclusion that Iguchi Mao is a special type of best type of human being in this world."

A very special type. Do other idol groups have anyone like her? She was an outstanding candidate in her auditions, so hilarious. But I feared she was too wild and unpredictable to be chosen. Then she was. But it has taken until the past few months for her to really show her wild humour. I give some credit to Audrey for helping her rise and regain confidence in her instincts.

I think it's still a close-run thing, though: she wrote a letter a week or so ago basically apologizing for her childish irresponsibility. Fans seemed unanimous in commenting that she should never grow up.

4. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Mao-chan just show her true self, she thinks there is no need to hide anything. Her way to live is faster than I can imagine, it is like she were fighting against time. That is what makes her unique and cute. But I think that can scare some people.

=======================================================================================

From IDOL AND READ offshots.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Official IDOL AND READ Ameblo article. Hinatazaka46 Original tweet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Hoping we’ll see Snack Mao season 2 soon— it’s really the place to show her genius :lol:

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. SI-Doitsu

SI-Doitsu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Mama was working so hard at Tokimeki Sou! [hehe]

upload_2019-3-22_2-8-58.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mao-chan in action at Utacon, Tuesday night. Is this the only group that has an incompetent dancer whose incompetence is a huge plus rather than a minus? I can't stop chuckling.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SI-Doitsu

SI-Doitsu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Could not help myself. :^^;:

Idol_Facts_40_small.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Ever since they pointed out how bad of a dancer Mao is, I *always* have to look for her in performances now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 1
  12. kj23

kj23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nakada Kana
    Was her appearance on Sanma Palace ever subbed into English? I've been watching Hiragana Oshi and they've teased her about it a few times but would like to see it. The links last page to the show are dead too so i'll look for them.
    Is anyone else has anything related to her in English i'd love to see it. Thanks.

13. Remylittlechef

Remylittlechef Kenkyuusei

It's in Sanma Goten November 27, 2018
    Watch it here via Bilibili

No one subbed it into english.
    I think she's just nervous when appear on that show, at first when introduction she already show the sign of it, she talk so long and really fast even Sanma said "Urusai" (Noisy) to her. Her behavior when talk about someting incoherent to the topics become a joke material for another guest and even Sanma-san himself, that's a nice thing to do in variety show. It's actually normal thing that many guests also have that same nervousness when talking with the big-name presenter as Sanma. And with that level of nervousness, everything in your mind will become blank and cannot say it properly. In an episode of Snack Mao, Audrey them self said that they ever been on that show and always avoid the eye-contact with Sanma-san because when their eyes met him he will talk to you.

14. kj23

kj23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nakada Kana
    Thanks, i had a quick look and although didn't understand it you can tell she's talking in her normal overexcited and confused way, which i love. They've mentioned it a few times on Oshi which is why I was intrigued to find out if anything happened and to hopefully see it in English.
    Any other clips, shows or anything you can recommend with Iguchi in?

15. Remylittlechef

She has a segment in Kaimaku Chokuzen B.League! Keyakizaka46 no Pro Basket Daikenkyuu September, 2018

if the video does not show watch the video here

Sadly there's no subs.

Iguchi Mao with Miyata Manamo visited Toyama, the homebase of Toyama Grouses to investigate and promote professional basketball before the new season of men’s basketball league. Basically it's just strolling and eating segment, but it's really fun to watch, she also talked a lot with pro players.

Her segment start from minute 12.00-27.49

16. kj23

kj23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nakada Kana
    Thanks, i'll have a look, wish it was subbed though. I've not looked too much but only thing i've seen her do outside of the main shows was a cooking short with a girl from Keyakizaka.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mao-chan will have a Showroom broadcast on Wednesday 5 June at 5:30pm. In about 6-1/2 hours.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Mao-chan showroom session. How to resume? ... "Too much information in a short time" hahahaha. How entertaining session.

Enjoy!

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. Remylittlechef

Just watched type-A bonus video when members for the first time visit the Haunted Spot, but I can't stop laughing at it even though this is supposed to be a horror video. Iguchi didn't look scared at all, she walked in a dark school corridor like walking in a shopping mall while singing, talking, and then taking picture with phone.:^^;::^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kj23

kj23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nakada Kana
    Is it subbed?