1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The J-ROCK thread!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by CDevil, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Anyone here knows "X-Japan" ? :eek:

2. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    ^ Of course. X Japan is a must-know.
    Yasu :)

3. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^Wee :D I only found out about them 5 minutes ago :eek:

*dwells into the depths of the internet to find at least one song to download from X-Japan*

4. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    ^Really? Just 5 minutes ago??

K, try to listen to Dahlia and Art of Life.

5. zyn

zyn Kenkyuusei

Hey guys, ever heard of Ellegarnden?

Ellegarden is a Japanese rock group that formed in December 1998 in Chiba, Japan. It includes drummer Hirotaka Takahashi, vocalist Takeshi Hosomi, guitarist Shinichi Ubakata, and bassist Yuichi Takada. Their names are usually abbreviated and is called "Elle". Ellegarden has a sound strikingly similar to some American pop punk bands, and sings in both Japanese and English. Their English lyrics (mostly written by Hosomi) are usually grammatically correct and generally perfectly pronounced. In the Summer 2006 issue of American J-rock magazine purple Sky (p.24), Takeshi was quoted as saying his English skills were improved by the time he spent working as a computer engineer in first Oakland, California and later in Japan where he had English speaking co-workers.

Ellegarden has been compared to famous artists of a similar pop-punk style, most notably Sum 41 (Ellegarden was the band's opening act on February 2005 during the Sum 41 Japan Tour 2005), Blink 182 and Good Charlotte. Their popularity comes from the sounds that they bring which has an emotional punch to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellegarden

I also recommend Aqua Timez and an underground rock band called Undergraph :) They're not hard core rock but like from my previous fandom, Dir En Grey, they pretty kick ass :) Nice vocals and melody~

6. Greta

Greta Kenkyuusei

Any Alice Nine fans in here? 8'D

Naoo~ My Pooh-san. <3

7. nihonjinjanai

nihonjinjanai Kenkyuusei

alice nine is a great band. found out about them almost 1 month ago and automatically fell in love.

my personal j-rock band favourite would be laruku, x-japan, malice mizer (tetsu, gackt and klaha era), luna sea and psycho le cemu.

those who doesn't know psycho le cemu, they're visual kei, but focusing on cosplay. their songs are lighter than most of visual kei and showing the brighter side of life. they sometimes even do the para para dance

for me, x japan only sing the darker side of love. jealousy, being dumped, being left, pain,sacrificing for love etc.

malice mizer ditto. specially during the gackt era. but not specifically about love. since their concept is "human being is?"

8. Maruna

Maruna Kenkyuusei

I'm an fan of Alice Nine. they almost remember me of Nightmare a little

Shou and Yomi are soo HOT <3
    I hope Toru will get well soon

9. RinaReeChan

RinaReeChan Kenkyuusei

I'm a big J-rock fan XD

My fave artists are An Cafe (seeing them March 25th!), alice nine, Nightmare, Serial <=> Number, Exist Trace, Gazette, Miyavi, Megamasso, Plastic Tree, BIS, Danger Gang, Kana, Duel Jewel, Jealkb, LM.C, Vidoll and Ayabie!

@Greta - It's you! Never knew your were a Nao fangirl too! <3333 I love his blog pictures.

10. Greta

Greta Kenkyuusei

^ Ooh, hi Rina! Omg, yes. Nao's spamming rocks! XD
    And ahh, you're so lucky to see An Cafe. I was supposed to go, too, but I couldn't get a ticket. So it's a no-no for me. But are you going to the London one? My friend is going there, too. 8D

11. RinaReeChan

RinaReeChan Kenkyuusei

Yeah London for me! Going with a friend who loves Miku so it could be quite funny watching her fangirling too XD

12. Greta

Greta Kenkyuusei

Lmao. If I had a chance to go, then I'd go MAD CRAZY when seeing Miku. x3 But since I can't.. *wipes tear*

Well, GazettE has already done a Europe tour, and An Cafe soon, too. Then next must be..

..ARISU!! <3

13. CDevil

CDevil Member

^No love for Girugamesh? They also did a Europe tour and came to London last month. It was fantastic.
    Don't forget that they changed the venue to the Carling Academy Islington, which is 2 minutes away from Angel tube station. Have fun!! :D

14. RinaReeChan

RinaReeChan Kenkyuusei

Yeah got the text a week or so ago do had to change all my arrangements XD Got it sorted now!

Thanks CDevil!

15. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

Lol i've only ever seen Dir en grey, MUCC and Blood live

16. Maruna

Maruna Kenkyuusei

^I seen Diru live in my city. it was first time they had Jrock play live
    I'm planning to see Nightmare and Alice Nina live when I go to Japan
    I just hope Tora is feeling better. I want to see Shou and Nao AGAIN

17. Greta

Greta Kenkyuusei

18. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

oh i forgot
    i also has D'spairs Ray look at me weirdly backstage LOL
    we went to their gig in London
    and my friend passed out and got taken backstage
    we were just sitting there on the floor in some corridor
    they walked passed us, then did a double take haha
    they looked like "Oh ...crazy looking girls backstage...Ah but that one looks sick"
    Then they kinda just smiled and walked off
    It was AWESOME!!

19. Ayla

Ayla Kenkyuusei

I was going through some old CDs today and came across all my old Dir en Grey songs.

Man...I had totally forgotten how much I loved some of their music! I'm not much for Jrock, but Diru is just... <3
    My favorite song of their's has and probably always will be Garden..

20. Mylani

Mylani Kenkyuusei

Although I feel in many ways that jrock is pretty dominated by boys, I do really like 中ノ森BAND [Nakanomori BAND] ^^ Their latest album エレクトリックガール [Electric Girl] was really really good... I would especially recommend track 3, One Last Tear.