1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. DRaken87

DRaken87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    As long as I know Keya never write their own lyrics. Their songs were written by "some aged corporate establishment dude whose been in the industry for decades" as you said. So don't ever take them seriously. Their rebellious image is marketing gimmick afterall.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho

kazi ni, garasu, ambivalent have absolutely nothing in common.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Kaze ni and garasu are different, but garasu and ambivalent have similar vibes, and I want more choices for their a-side, as it will be the most promoted song on their release. B sides, units, and solos are different story.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Everyone likes 2016 keyaki with feminine techi and less of 2018 keya

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's not about what I think everyone's favourite year is. I'm saying people upset with current Keyaki are usually here because they want more of what they saw in 2016. Evident not because of 2016's quality or anything, just because people keep saying so.

Also no, not at all. We probably have opposite tastes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. glsone

glsone Member

I'm normally all for griping about getting the same old thing from Kanji, but this is an awful lot of postulation about just a song title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

For the note, I put Otona wa Shinjitekurenai on my playlist. Also on my above definition of finding inner peace amidst the turmoil of youth.

It's not about Soft-Hard or mere love song. But maybe I'll leave it as it is.
    (Also scratch Hiragana. I feel bad that they already got niched before take-off.)

8. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai still the darkest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    I understand if you'd like to take a break from this topic (I just saw you added 'I'll leave it as it is' while typing this reply lol), but I'm really curious: As it seems that Kaze ni Fukaretemo does not fit your definition of 'finding inner peace amidst the turmoil of youth', may I ask why? If it's 'not about Soft-Hard or mere love song'? I'm asking because from my point of view, it is actually relatively close to Futari Saizon, even though they're (obviously) not exactly the same.

And by the way, for a different Hiragana, may I recommend Mijuku na ikari which is basically Aki-P giving Kanji's lyrics to Hiragana. lol

@Nealy07 did say 'since the 5th single' and Otona wa is from the 3rd. On the other hand, I'm out (from the 7th single) may also be counted as dark, depending on how widely or narrowly you define 'dark'? At the very least, it's definitely gloomy/emo/edgy. Do not be fooled even if the music may be on the relatively 'soft' side. :awesome: (EDIT: Hi ga noboru made is also about sadness and loneliness, though not in the sense of 'I hate society and adults' lies', so I personally differentiate it from Hiraishin / Mou mori / I'm out.)

Though this also leads to the point that the overall image projected by a song is the result of multiple factors. I'm of the opinion that Kanji's 5th, 6th and 7th a-sides do have lyrical diversity (a song about love, a song about speaking up and rebellion, and a song about an introvert's dilemma in interpersonal relationships). Saying Kanji is always 'dark and rebellious' is not correct. But it's also true to say that the 4th to 7th a-sides all give a general 'cool', even 'edgy' vibe. Say, if these songs were not Kanji Keyaki singles in 2017-2018, but AKB singles in 2009-2013 (when the singles released at different times in a year had very distinct styles), I think they'd all become the autumn single — the cool and dark song with a relatively strong emphasis on choreography. On the other hand, Sekai ni and Futari would probably become the spring single (though with different lyrics since the past AKB spring singles were about graduation lol). Lyrics are only one thing, and there's also the musical arrangement, the way the songs are performed, the MV, the costumes...

So it stands to reason that a 'change in style' could mean a change in some aspects while other elements stay more or less the same. Maybe that's why the same bunch of songs would be considered 'rather different' by some people and 'rather similar' by others, because we react to different elements of the same songs in various intensity.

Since Kanji seems to have been experiencing some difficulties for the past months, maybe management will decide to make 'more' or 'different' kinds of changes this time... But then again, remember that the first single of the year is typically when Kanji reinforces their 'iconic' image (Silent Majority, Fukyouwaon, Glass wo ware!), while the later ones are when they shake things up (even if part of the fandom think they're not shaking up enough)... so who knows really... :awesome:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    yes, didn't anyone watch mary poppins returns? don't forget the child within u. and yeah, u can still be a child and be rebellious and be responsible

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I think, either way you put it, Keyaki has those types of song that make you think about the world around you, and that's why I love them.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. TigaSandi

TigaSandi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    'I'm Out' is pretty dark too, it's about 'give up on your dreams', cmiiw

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    listening to the song tomorrow already, don't they spoil us the center even before it's being announced on keyakake? (we all know it's gonna be techi again lol)

15. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    That's true lol but even if we hear Techi's voice, she can still be on hiatus for 3 months like for Garasu...

16. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I'm kinda hoping Techi would give us clarification on whether she is gonna be in the single or not (though we all know she is going to be.)

17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I don't think that is a song what would be centered by Techi (she really don't talk about her parents) or Risa (she feels neither love or hate towards her father). Things may change as they both get more mature.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Up to now, I would have been quite surprised if she was on this release. No matter what the title is. I thought they had given up and put her on the extended hiatus she may have long needed. But if the song is going to be made public on her own radio show.... Broadcast at 10pm (or maybe 10:20) Monday night, Japan time.

19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oh dear, I can't imagine if it's another TECHI center... :fp:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

@ryandtw i got a feeling that it's surely not just an imagination[hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1